fresh meat

Started by Myxini, October 01, 2008, 11:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myxini

um, hi
I've been reading DMFA for several years now (I think I started around 'my wings just tried to make coffee'), and decided to finally join the forums.  I am ridiculously shy even online, so I may not say much  :eek

I'm a hopeless science nerd, artist, graphic designer as a day job, devourer of audiobooks, WoW player, collector of 'neat' things, and recluse.  The thing in my picture is a Hagfish (genus Myxini), a very neat/gross animal, and the most primitive living vertebrate.  they sit on the bottom of the ocean in huge numbers, and eat dead whales. and make lots of slime. 

so um.  hi.

VSMIT

Hi.  Welcome to CMF.  Please check your sanity in with the girl to the left, and take the ticket: you'll need it to get it back.  Keep an eye on your intelligence.  You'll need it here.  Beware of Ren (he'll smite you), the box, and anyone who warns you of anything.

Have fun while you're here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Especially watch out for those who tell you to beware the box, they're up to something.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard.  Don't forget to read, and most importantly - follow - the rules.  Also, don't do anything stupid like deliberately provoking the moderators.  Other than that, have fun and enjoy your stay.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

LionHeart

*appears in a flash of blue light*

Hello, and welcome to this place - a dimension of sight and sound, but mostly of mind.

The box is indeed someone to beware of, especially if he warns you to beware of those warning you of him.

Have a welcome gift. *gives the new person a souvenir coffee mug*

Enjoy yourself here, where the insanity fun never ends!

*waves, and vanishes in a shower of coloured sparkles*
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Mao

We're all a bunch of liars and thieves here.  Don't listen to that llearch fellow.  He's out to get you.  Read the rules, follow them and keep your wits about you and you might just get out of here sane...unlike the rest of us.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Keeping your wits around you is probably a recipe for ending up stuck here, as sane as the rest of us.

Isn't that right, Mr Cabbage?

... he says "Yes, and mind the step.".

Brunhidden

and for those stuck here, passing around recipes is great fun

newbie stew seems to be off the menu, you got off easy

anyways, be a cheerful person or snide works too, contribute or at least heckle well, and feel free to ask some of the more experienced forumers for tips or a who's-who tour
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Cogidubnus

Welcome! May your stay be pleasant and your cookies full of delight. Watch out for llearch, also, he's up to something.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I must be. Everyone says I am.

Of course, the possibility exists that I'm not, but merely suggesting that I am so that people get worried.

... I leave it to you to decide just how much that possibility messes with your head.

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 02, 2008, 11:05:13 AM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 02, 2008, 10:01:48 AM
Welcome! May your stay be pleasant and your cookies full of delight. Watch out for llearch, also, he's up to something.
I must be. Everyone says I am.

Of course, the possibility exists that I'm not, but merely suggesting that I am so that people get worried.

... I leave it to you to decide just how much that possibility messes with your head.
But in that case, Boxy, you would be up to something anyway. So we'd still be right.

Welcome aboard, Myxini. Everyone seems to have taken the good advice.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lysander

I like the name, Myxini. Do hope you enjoy your time in this interesting place.    :januscat
TytajLucheek

Myxini

I must say that I don't quite understand all the warnings...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I like cats.

With mayo.

Kipiru

Quote from: Myxini on October 02, 2008, 09:56:44 PM
I must say that I don't quite understand all the warnings...

Don't worry soon you'll know them by heart...wait...MWAHAHAHAHA, I see you there llearch, hiding under that milk-carton...oh, it was just a stain... nevermind. Anyways, welcome to the party.