Figure Program

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, July 28, 2008, 07:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm wondering if someone has run across an application to do this.

Basically, I'm looking for something to generate stick-figure type output; specifically, for displaying movements in martial arts. As such, it'll need the following:

a) active output; ie, moving, rather than static
b) at a minimum, the ability to look from multiple different directions
c) reasonably simple input

Bonus points for the output being in flash or something platform agnostic.

... and probably some other requirements I haven't thought of yet.

Any one got any suggestions for this? Suitable identifying words to google for?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nice, but no.

The view for that is non-moving, so you can't see what the back leg is doing when the front leg is in front of it.

Just to pick an example from the air.

Janus Whitefurr

Toribash

It's three dimensional, but still largely works on a stick figure build. You can watch silly recorded 'fights' or try and model the characters to do what you want them to do. It's a bit gimmicky, but it can be fun. And if you figure out how to make the body do a proper kick, all the more power to you. :p
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmmm.

Might work. Recording things for it to do, though, would be interesting. There's no real way to do "dojo" though; a single set of movements, for example.

Also, there's no apparent ability to add objects; most of the art I'm looking to do this with is based around a spear...

Nice idea, though. Might be a good starting point. I'll look into it when I get home.