Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {02}

Started by Azlan, August 13, 2007, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on October 25, 2007, 07:18:52 AM
Really I have not been able to get anything out of the Tech guys(or LEE),,, I would pass it on to you...what I know

Hmm, I thought you'd noted that the guard was currently doing okay with the chip shielded.  That's important for Dorcan to know, and while he asked the guys on the roof to check if there were any updates, they forgot to do so and so did Dorcan.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Um, Tape? Jexx's markings aren't glowing at the moment. Their needs to be an immediate threat that either must be dealt with or avoided. If we come up on another turret, it'll happen though.

Speaking of which, I highly doubt the three Jexx took out were the only ones. There's got to be more than that, and I'll be putting that in. Though Jexx will be dealing with remaining turrets in a much less furious manner, his marks will glow faintly.

Tapewolf

techmaster-glitch

Thanks. I fear, though, that a little to much empahsis might be being put on them, as I'm forseeing a few problems. It's just me though, and I'll do my best to mitigate them.
Carry on :batman

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 25, 2007, 08:07:12 PM
Thanks. I fear, though, that a little to much empahsis might be being put on them, as I'm forseeing a few problems. It's just me though, and I'll do my best to mitigate them.
Carry on :batman

If you can suggest a better ending to Dorcan's move, I'll use it.

techmaster-glitch

No no, your post was alright. I'm just afraid that you or someone else might get annoyed with me, after having made one comment about no one noticing the markings, come time you ask Jexx, he plays dumb. Truthfully. He never realizes the glow himself, and he thinks they're just innocent tatoos (until he checks himself the next time he fights). Which is the point of someone asking Jexx about them in the first place.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... I'm guessing the builders of this particular tunnel weren't intelligent enough to put each turret just inside the range of the next, so you can't attack one without tripping the next one?

Of course, that risks someone hacking into the system and getting each turret to shoot the next one along, etc...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

This is only the first part of the game after all.

EDIT:

>:3

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Prof B Hunnydew

Sorry I need some help here,  I waking up the guard, Does he wake up or not?

PBH

Ryudo Lee

Arcalane

Sorry I haven't been active lately. :B If anything comes up and ya'll need my immediate attention, send me a PM on the forums, or AIM/MSN me if it's really urgent.

Ryudo Lee

Well you could probably give the team a few pointers on how to take out the warbot I just tossed at them.  I pulled it right from your character description.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ryudo Lee

techmaster-glitch

Yes. Even I have to give you props for it. I'm pretty much thinking of this as either a miniboss or boss battle. This is probably one of the EXTREAMLY rare times I am thanking you for adversity.

EDIT: And tapewolf, in regards to Jexx being the bait, the demoman did say he needed a distraction...Which Jexx is the best candidate for :rolleyes

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 31, 2007, 06:48:56 PM
And tapewolf, in regards to Jexx being the bait, the demoman did say he needed a distraction...
We don't know how powerful the explosives are - if they are too powerful they'll blow the transmitter away and the people behind it, which means they can't use them.

techmaster-glitch

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 31, 2007, 09:06:14 PM
Simple solution.  Run. Your. Ass. Off.
Good idea.  If we dump the explosives and run, we can blow up the transmitter and the robot.  I'm going to wait for someone else to post first, though.  And not tonight.

**EDIT**
I had been assuming there was only one exit which the robot is now blocking, but I think you're right if it's a more-or-less concentric pattern.

techmaster-glitch

Yeah, I know. I'm counting on Ryudo to update the battle status tomorrow morning, and not expecting it any earlier.

If I know him and that damned cardboard box, there's going to be at least one big 'complication'...no way it's gonna be this easy.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hey!

I might be -thinking- these things, but I sure as heck haven't given Ryudo any -personal- tutoring.

(I doubt he needs it, honestly...)

techmaster-glitch

Tapewolf

"We'll have to risk it," he said to the demolitionist, reaching for the bomb.  "I'll have to try to stick him with it from behind while he's dealing with Jexx..."

Okay, I've had a new idea.  I'll need an answer from the demolitionist.

Ryudo Lee

As for how powerful the explosives are... if anyone's played the original Metal Gear Solid, I'm thinking along the lines of the C4 packs.  They're not big enough to do any harm to the transmitter.

And llearch has not given me any personal tutoring.  Announcing his ideas in public and me using them... well that's another story.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on November 01, 2007, 09:06:58 AM
As for how powerful the explosives are... if anyone's played the original Metal Gear Solid,

No.

QuoteI'm thinking along the lines of the C4 packs.  They're not big enough to do any harm to the transmitter.
I'm guessing that means they armoured it pretty heavily, then.  That does raise the question of why the demolitionist suggested using them, if he knew it wasn't going to work...

**EDIT**
Or are you saying that an outside blast won't be sufficient, but if we carefully plant the explosives inside it we'll be able to destroy it that way?

Ryudo Lee

Because he's got other explosives, ones that will make a pretty big explosion, enough to crack through the armored transmitter.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on November 01, 2007, 09:14:31 AM
Because he's got other explosives, ones that will make a pretty big explosion, enough to crack through the armored transmitter.

Ah.  Dorcan really meant everything.  Now.  Did the robot come in from the entrance the party entered via, or one of the other ones?

techmaster-glitch

It caught sight of the plasma ball and fired on it, making it explode in mid-air.
Um...Ryudo? Two mistakes here, one relativeliy small, one a bit bigger. The small one is that Jexx fired off more than one,
Jexx yelled as he lobbed some plasma balls towards the Eighteen-Hundred's head
in this case, meaning probably three or four, and the other thing is you can't really shoot them to make them explode. They aren't explosive in the first place, even if they were, you'd need to do this with another energy weapon, not bullets, and if you think I'm powergaming, they weren't meant to actually get through the bot. I've already assumed thyat ir has some pretty thick armor,
"That armor's tough, but if you pound it enough with an energy weapon, it will eventually fail. Othwerwise you're gonna hafta find a weak spot, of which there aren't many."
Meaning that if Jexx even intends to try to break it's armor, it must be a long, sustained, and concentrated assault. Just four plasma balls should be nothing more than light slaps to the Eighteen-Hundred. At most they were intended to disorient it for a split-second once they hit it's face, giving Jexx the one moment he needs to try and get out of the way again, but he/I wasn't even going to count on that. At worst, they might make what look like light weld marks on the Eighteen-Hundred's face.

Ryudo Lee

@Tape - One of the other ones.

@tech - My bad, will make edits.

EDIT:

Made my edits, though it doesn't really change much.

Arcalane

Ah, lovely, the 1800. Bigger, slower, stupider.

If the comms weren't jammed I'd love to give the away team a nice little rundown of the 1800, as well as the overall E.X.O project. :U

Abuse of the emergency contact channels will be dealt with appropriately. Yes, I'm looking at you, Doc. :rolleyes

Tapewolf

I'm unsure who's going to place the bomb.  Dorcan offered to at one point, but the demo guy seems to have other ideas.  Either way, I take it we're waiting on Jexx?