Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {02}

Started by Azlan, August 13, 2007, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

No, Sally tried to tell Jexx where Josh is, but Jexx didn't hear it because Babs is being a right pain in the arse.

lucas marcone

technicly josh isn't even there unless the road is on the boarder of the forest the rebel base is in, and even then he didn't stop to check for street signs.

Ryudo Lee

In the interest of moving the story along, can we speed up the process of getting everyone safely back to the base?  I understand that PBH is acting out what Babs would normally do, but this is holding up the whole thing here.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Prof B Hunnydew

Gosh I am sure if Jexx look around a little for Joxh He would find the girl.....

Next Post .... Babs and Sally will be heading back to camp or base...w

PBH

lucas marcone

dangerously close to God moding doc. ill let it slide ................for now. :kruger

Azlan

I'd be careful with that PBH, I tolerate small amounts of that in LitS, but here it is different.  Be mindful please.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Tapewolf

I have gone for non-confrontation since Ryudo is eager for us to 'get home'.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Prof B Hunnydew

Yes Sorry I will back off   I just wanted to get everyone in the van back to camp. 

:(
PBH

Bab Treetop
Age 16
Race/ Red Squirrel
Wt 125lb  Ht 5 2 inch  Fig 35-28-38

She is a teenage witch with little to no training.  She will be healing but her powers are over taxed with her body fighting a controlling chip installed into her by the Brotherhood, and healing her "boyfriend" Josh.  For now, she is a normal kid, with little control over her budding powers. 

Her abilities are
She can find Josh anywhere, she will not be able say where he is.  She just know where he is, where she looks for him. ( Homing beacon like.)
She can heal minor wounds and cure common colds, and a broken bone or two. 
She, herself, is immuned to posions, diseases, and drugs.

PBH

Ryudo Lee

lucas marcone

And what is it about Josh that she can track? His magic ability? if so should that extend to all magical beings? Here's lookin at you jexx.

techmaster-glitch

I'm actually think that Prof may be doing that because of some 'bond' between Babs and Josh, if you know what I mean ;)

Although this is merely a guess, I could be wrong.

llearch n'n'daCorna

here I was thinking the easy out. She was tracking his mic/receiver...

'course, that'd be far too easy, right? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Oh, damn, I was thinking the wrong thing. Sally tracking Josh, not Babs, yeah I also think she's probably using his microcomm.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on November 19, 2007, 09:08:11 AM
How does she have those immunities?

Immunities maybe a too strong a word.  She is resistant to many harmfull drugs and chemicals (bleach, mercury, second handed smoke and alcohol) but also helpful drugs like asprain and cold medicines. Her magic helps fight against most chemicals she is exposed to.  During the first exposure, she usually recovers 4x as faster that most other people and given time can heal from the most damaging toxins.  Repeat exposures will give her immunity to that one toxin, which is why after a few teen parties, she finds that alcohol has little effect or appeal for her.   She is luck she doesn't get sick much if at all. because many medicines will lose the effectiveness after being used for sometime.  

She can't yet extend this power to others.

For Josh, With Bab read my next IC post... 

Dr Sally was tracking Josh by his transmitter Com-link.  He said he had his transmitter but not his receiver.  

PBH

lucas marcone

ok that's a little too much prof. can you edit your post so Josh isn't put to sleep. I kinda like to play my characters.

Prof B Hunnydew

sorry I meant only the mental Presence requested Josh to go to back to sleep and then went to sleep herself.

PBH

***just waiting, now. ***

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on November 19, 2007, 07:56:09 PM
Quote from: Ryudo Lee on November 19, 2007, 09:08:11 AM
How does she have those immunities?

Immunities maybe a too strong a word.  She is resistant to many harmfull drugs and chemicals (bleach, mercury, second handed smoke and alcohol) but also helpful drugs like asprain and cold medicines. Her magic helps fight against most chemicals she is exposed to.  During the first exposure, she usually recovers 4x as faster that most other people and given time can heal from the most damaging toxins.  Repeat exposures will give her immunity to that one toxin, which is why after a few teen parties, she finds that alcohol has little effect or appeal for her.   She is luck she doesn't get sick much if at all. because many medicines will lose the effectiveness after being used for sometime.  

She can't yet extend this power to others.

Let's dumb that down a little bit... the resitance and subsequent gaining of immunities is going to be half that (meaning it takes twice as long as you've posted here).  Certain events in the game will increase these powers, and I'll let everyone know when that happens.

Prof B Hunnydew

Ryudo Lee

I'm probably gonna disappear for the rest of the week due to the thanksgiving holiday.  I'm off work early today and I have the next two days off, and then the weekend is looking like it will be pretty busy for me.  So after today, see you all on monday.

techmaster-glitch

It's alright. We should be able to manage for a little bit.

Ryudo Lee

I'm back.  I got sick over the holiday so I'm not 100% right now.  Let's see if we can get everyone back to the base so we can move things along.

lucas marcone

well im at the mercy of the van's driver (hint hint professor)

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on November 26, 2007, 02:04:25 PM
"Hey sarge?  What's a marshmallow?" The same soldier asked.

This reminds me of something amusing that my gaming group did one time.  We were playing D&D and we had gotten some Taco Bell.  Well, in this particular group, we had a Fist of Raziel, and some stuff was going down with one of the other players and that particular Fist of Raziel was trying his damnest to get Raziel to intervene.  Well, during his commune, he looks over at one of us and asks for a taco.  Someone else caught it and in a loud booming voice (to imitate Raziel) he said "WHAT IS A TACO?"  Ah, good times.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on November 26, 2007, 02:04:25 PM
"Hey sarge?  What's a marshmallow?" The same soldier asked.

That was a late addition.  The topic of toasting marshmallows seems to come up every other day on llearch's IRC channel for DMFA, and it was sooo fitting...

Anyway, if Azlan or someone else wants to bring the party in I'm happy for them to do that.  (Conversely, Azlan may not have been happy if I had done this and brought Morgan in)

Azlan

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 26, 2007, 02:12:46 PM

Anyway, if Azlan or someone else wants to bring the party in I'm happy for them to do that.  (Conversely, Azlan may not have been happy if I had done this and brought Morgan in)

Simple and boring, but it works.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

lucas marcone

so by "the party" did you mean to include everyone in the van as well or am i still waiting for the professor to get her hinder in gear and post?

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on November 17, 2007, 10:12:51 AM
Returning to camp, the doctor give the Lab techs the chip from Babs.  The squirrel girl's body had almost destroyed it and the girl have been free of the control in about six months.  Dr Sally would not think about that now.  Now she was tired and hunger, but waited for the Commander.  Find out what was next. 

From what I can see, she already got you all back to camp before the others got back.

techmaster-glitch

"Now, one thing that disturbs me is that that Gerald guy doesn't seem to be with us anymore.
Hey, Tapewolf? If I'm citing Ryudo correctly, Gerald is still with us. Ryudo has said several times that if someone seems to phase out, he uses an old D&D trick; they just hang in the back and behind, not doing anything, but they are still with us, just in case their player comes back.
Did I quote you correctly, Ryudo?

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 30, 2007, 09:38:24 PM
Hey, Tapewolf? If I'm citing Ryudo correctly, Gerald is still with us. Ryudo has said several times that if someone seems to phase out, he uses an old D&D trick; they just hang in the back and behind, not doing anything, but they are still with us, just in case their player comes back.

I thought that was for temporary losses.  Gerald looks like he's gone out permanently.
If the same applies, I'll go back and edit it, but I picked him out specifically because they have a right to be suspicious of him.

Ryudo Lee

Well I haven't heard anything from Catf in awhile.  In the interest of fairness, I want to extend to him the same curteousy that I did Pal.

What I plan to do for those that aren't active anymore is that when everyone does get back to base, and then the next mission starts, those inactive people will be left behind at the base.