Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {02}

Started by Azlan, August 13, 2007, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryudo Lee

The demo guy wants to place the bomb... after all, he made them and he is the expert.  And yes, we're waiting on Jexx to distract the thing.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on November 01, 2007, 03:28:14 PM
The demo guy wants to place the bomb... after all, he made them and he is the expert.
Indeed, I was going to suggest that myself as a reason why Dorcan shouldn't... because he doesn't have as much expertise.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Ack, I'm, gone for half a day and all this conversation happens? Blaaaaarrg.

Ah well. I'm all up to date now.

techmaster-glitch

Just an FYI, I've been trying to get ahold of Rammenstien so I can post whatever for him, but for some reason our contacts have been all f-ed up. But tomorrow, he should be able to post something himself. If he doesn't...then I don't know. Just FYI.

Ryudo Lee

Well, whenever Ram can come around, he needs to post something here or in the IC thread.

And wow, Jexx kinda flipped out there, huh?

techmaster-glitch

Well, Dorcan just inadvertantly gave Jexx a few pieces to a puzzle Jexx didn't want to solve at the present time (which was the whole point, though ;)). This just caused Jexx to realize that he is indeed magical, an with his 'upbringing', that hit him hard. He will get over it pretty quickly, though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... shouting just outside the Brotherhood Tower about the Brotherhood, just after you've stirred the rats nest up?

Yeah. Good idea on the "being inconspicuous" front, there, Jexx. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

He's not shouting that loud! And they're not right outside the Botherhood Tower, either. There's no one else around at the moment, but there might be soon.

Buuuut...he didn't say anything about "not being noticed". He only said "no one follows him" >:3

techmaster-glitch

I can't remember Jexx seeing Babs before. But if he has, please say so, so I can correct my post.

lucas marcone

never mind.

techmaster-glitch

Now, it's up to Ryudo to say if Babs it at her house or the diner...

Ryudo Lee

Yeah she can be at the diner.  I'm gonna let you guys take the helm for the time being.  Having some of the Brotherhood toadies roaming through town is a good direction.  Once everyone gets back to camp, I'll make my next post.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd ask to control the toadies, but I -know- you all don't want that. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 12, 2007, 01:38:28 PM
I'd ask to control the toadies, but I -know- you all don't want that. ;-]

You are correct sir.

Tapewolf

What time of day is it?  Broad daylight or nighttime?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 12, 2007, 03:20:28 PM
What time of day is it?  Broad daylight or nighttime?
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask that too, I'm thinking it's nighttime...

But anyway. I'm eager to see what everyone's reaction will be, in character and out, to Jexx's method of 'retrieval' >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 12, 2007, 03:22:20 PM
But anyway. I'm eager to see what everyone's reaction will be, in character and out, to Jexx's method of 'retrieval' >:3
A bit psycho.  By the way, did he drop the window at the last moment (as it implies) or gently place it on the ground to avoid smashing it loudly?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 12, 2007, 03:27:03 PM
A bit psycho.
This is Jexx we're talking about, of course he's psycho >:3

Well, whatever he did, it didn't smash :B
Hang on, I'll change it...
Done.

techmaster-glitch

I'm also hoping Ryudo puts in some narrative for Babs. I'm rather interested as to what would be going through her mind on this totally unexpected venture...

Prof B Hunnydew

Well, Bab is more or less my character, but she was meant as a minor character.... along with Chad.

I will add the dialog for her If you like ?

PBH

techmaster-glitch

Oh! Um...I think that might be for Ryudo to decide, and I thought he'd be the one doing the narrative since he's been the one playing her. I think...my memory could be completely off.

I would suggest waiting for his word tomorrow, but this really isn't up to me at all. If anything, it's your decision, Prof.

Prof B Hunnydew

Well, If is he in disagreement with what I posted.... He can tell me to change it.  But It is in line with most possible reaction from her.

PBH

Ryudo Lee

PBH can do Babs' dialogue, since she made up the character.  If I have any issue with what's going on, I'll speak up.

techmaster-glitch

Prof, Josh has actually already entered the forest and come to a stop because he's falling asleep (and his earpice is also fried, so he can't hear anyone, but that I think you know). Jexx has also stopped, but he's the one in a back alley because he's trying to talk to Babs.

lucas marcone

he's in the woods that the rebel camp is in. not in the city. though if you're tracking him you should be able to find him regardless.

Ryudo Lee

Zealots do not have night vision.  Enforcers will have enhanced vision, but nothing special like night vision or heat vision.

Tapewolf

I'm going to have to attend some weird company thing tomorrow and friday.  Depending on whether there's 'net access at the hotel, I may be off until friday evening.

Prof B Hunnydew

Sorry Tech ie   

I change my post and I am head to Josh.... But I am waiting for Jexx and Bab to get to Josh first, they should be closer than me... So long as they are not held up by the Brotherhood.

I will post for Bab when after Jexx posts.

PBH

techmaster-glitch

Actually, I've been waiting for you to make a reply for Babs

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 13, 2007, 01:19:29 AM
   Babs' struggling was really starting to get on Jexx's nerves. Her screaming was attracting more bastards, and though her pounding with her fists really didn't hurt Jexx, it was very distracting. However, she stopped struggling when some rifleman nearly took her head off. Jexx continued on, dispatching the the rifleman as he followed Jexx down the twisting alleyways, but not before taking a plasma bolt to his left side (just barely missing Babs' foot) for his trouble, exactly opposite to the turret-wound he had sustained earlier. His fur and flesh were burned up, but it was fortunately a relatively small wound.
   Jexx then heard Josh's voice over his microcomm. His right handcannon morphed into a hand, and flew up to he ear, pressing a finger into it to hear better. "Hey, good news, lady," Jexx said, "You're boyfriend's not dead after all. Josh, if you can hear me, yes I've got you girlfriend, and yes she's safe."
Jexx turned another corner, made sure there was no one following them, then set Babs down again, tapping the microcomm on his tooth to turn it off. He then looked at Babs and grabbed her shoulders with his metal hands (not being overly gentle about it, either).
   "Listen, lady. Believe it or not, I'm here to save your life. And for me, that's being very generous. I'm going to be honest with you, the only reason I'm here is because I like killing Brotherhood sons of bitches. I don't really give a damn about you personally, or about the fact that you have magical potential. However, Josh cares about you for both of these reasons, and since he isn't here, he wants me to get you out of here safely. From here on out, there are two ways we can do this. One, I slam you upside the head with this," Jexx took his right hand off of her, morphing it into a handcannon to how her, then made it back into a hand and grabbed her again, "to knock you out, and I carry you over my shoulder silently the rest of the way. Two, you stop screaming and struggling, and I let you follow me on you own feet, if you can keep up, silently the rest of the way. Either way works for me, because I can't have these bastards following me at the moment, much as I'd like to kill them. So, what's it gonna be?"
   Jexx's eyes stared hard into hers. The disturbing thing about them should become apparent; they had no iris or veins to them. They were just two orbs of pure white with one small, not black, but red pupil in each of them.
   His expression was serious, but his furred hedgehog face, with the red X on his forehead, looked like a madman's out of a nightmare.

I need Babs to respond to this before I can continue. In charcater timewise, Jexx and Babs are lagging behind everyone else at the moment.

lucas marcone

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on November 14, 2007, 09:26:53 PM
Sorry Tech ie   

I change my post and I am head to Josh.... But I am waiting for Jexx and Bab to get to Josh first, they should be closer than me... So long as they are not held up by the Brotherhood.

I will post for Bab when after Jexx posts.

PBH

How would Jexx know where Josh is? Does he have a tracker like Sally?