Questions :P

Started by Anepo, May 15, 2008, 11:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anepo

Im a new guy on the forums from iceland, which checks for new comics everyday :P And i have a question.... You say in your newest comic that there do not exist Orca's in Furrae... Then i have a question. Could you not make Orca's appear through a portal (which the human in this comic:  http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_054.php ) Probably did. I noticed that you draw even Cute Orca's and ive never seen a cute one before lol.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Arguable.

Amber has sort-of suggested that the early comic is less than canon, and subject to retcon. It's generally accepted that specific answers from the really early arcs (Merlitz & The Human, for example) are... less accurate than the later ones. So while there may or may not have been a portal back then, if Amber today says there Are No Orcas, then there are no Orcas, and that's the end of it. You probably could make such a portal and bring an Orca through it, but if Amber says there are none, then such a thing hasn't happened.

And probably won't - after all, she's said that the Mer rule the waves, and chances are such an Orca would be talking to Mer... and there won't be any Mer in the comic, so who would the Orca talk to?

Also, you've posted this to the forum, not to Amber herself, so unless the Great Lady responds, any answers you get are likely to be Not Canon - ie, best guess rather than explicitly correct.

Take that as you will...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zina

Click here to enlarge

I'm here to help. :>

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Zina on May 15, 2008, 02:32:24 PM
Click here to enlarge

...For some reason I was expecting a GDI Orca to fly out of the portal... :paranoid But your version is funnier and makes more sense anyway. :3

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Zina on May 15, 2008, 02:32:24 PM
Click here to enlarge

One more thing...

"Oh my God, it's an orca! Get into the car!! :dface ... OH MY GOD THE CAR DOES NOTHING!!! D:"

Excuse me.. :3

Darkmoon

Shouldn't this be in the DMFA forum?
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nah. It's a newbie thread.

Just an odd one. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Brunhidden

and yet still very newbie
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Gabi

Odd, but good.

Zina's strip has made me laugh.

Welcome, Anepo!
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on May 18, 2008, 09:50:16 AM
Welcome, Anepo!
By the looks of it they were active for almost exactly 30 minutes, so it may have been a one-hit wonder...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E