Amateur artist and furre entering the fray

Started by dragonsaia, May 06, 2008, 08:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonsaia

Hello there. I'm not quite sure how the welcome threads here work out,m not just yet. I've read a few and ashamed to say I'm not at all certain of the format. But on to my greetings, and information about myself. I am an artist, though bery much an amateur. Recently I've been in the mood for doing gift-art, though I'm really not sure if I can consider it good, and nor do I have permission to upload it as of yet. Except one from FurthiaHigh, but I don't consider it finished yet and am (slowly) fixing it up in paint.

I'm not sure how to go from here, so I'll just leave it here  until someone asks some questions or simply responds.

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard.  Enjoy your time here, and don't forget to read the rules.
What generally happens next is that someone comes along with a list of people and things to watch out for.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

dragonsaia

Thank you for the heads up. and it's time to blend into the shadows again....

llearch n'n'daCorna

Incidentally, that thing in SAIA isn't a dragon, apparently. It's a water-breathing thingy. I forget precisely what Amber called it, but I'm pretty sure it has a name - even if we don't know it. Amber is like that. ;-]

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

dragonsaia

I can honestly say that I've had this name for about 6 years, much longer than becoming a dutiful DMFA reader. I made it, originally, as 'Dragonsayan' and it went from that to 'dragonsaya' and finally settled down to 'dragonsaia'. It's quite odd, I must say, yes....I miss my animations now because I can't use my hiding Master Chief   :<

EDIT: apparently I misread that entirely. Ah well, at least I told a bit more about myself  :U

Ren Gaulen

I'm a bit late to welcome you, but still. Welcome. Welcome to Clockwork Mansion. It's safer here.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 06, 2008, 11:01:36 AM
I'm a bit late to welcome you, but still. Welcome.
It's not too late, surely.  I mean no-one has even presented the customary list of people and things to beware of, yet...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 06, 2008, 11:05:30 AM
It's not too late, surely.  I mean no-one has even presented the customary list of people and things to beware of, yet...

Wait, what? *looks through the thread again* You're right!! Shock and outrage! This fine person could have run into troubles because nobody cared to provide him with the proper instructions! I'll make it short: look out for the cardboard boxes, random fires, muffins possessed by evil spirits, guys with swords and people who tell you to look out for people. Follow the rules. Venerate the immortal Empress.:mowsmile Have fun.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 06, 2008, 11:05:30 AM

I'm waiting for Brunhidden to finish writing it. Besides, it's all a bit passée now...

dragonsaia

I am going to search for my arts. In the meantime, I offer my FA user www.furaffinity.net/user/dragonsaia

Anywho, eventually I'll be lurking around here often, then disappear, then show up again, rinse and repeat.

Also, isn't clockwork mansion a place in MapleStory...? Because I remember the name before ever coming to these forums =\

llearch n'n'daCorna

You'd have to ask Darkmoon. I think the naming scheme is Castlevania related, though.

dragonsaia

If I ever get around to asking it, I will. And if I remember. *scouts for the full-version of the list, though he/she doesn't expect to see it any time soon*

note: yes, I am being sneaky about a lot of things, for various reasons.

Also, I'm going to ask if I can take the smileys off of this website for help on a webpage of my own. I'm working on gathering a lot of chibi pictures/cute pictures and grabbing a lot of smileys to put on there, and I am not taking without permissions, so, yeah >>

Eibborn

8D Welcome in, amateur artist and furre! I'm sure you'll have a good time! There's not any set format for intro threads, the only requirement is that they devolve into chaos of some sort or another if they make it past a page! So, yeah, I'm sure you'll have fun!
/kicks the internet over

llearch n'n'daCorna

I thought it was Chaos and Destruction by the second post?

dragonsaia

When I get permission fromAmber, i'm going to load up a couple pictures I did, one of Xander, and one of Abel. I plan on doing another pose of Abel though, since I ripped one off...I dunno if I'll ever be able to upload them though.

Anyhow, thanks for the welcoming in, though, no offense, the place seems kind of slow ^-^;;

Zina

It's the middle of the day here in the states. Most people are at work or school. Of course it's slow right now.

dragonsaia

That's true, but I also live in the states, and...yeah...

I'm just slow-witted at the moment =p

Dakata

Hey there, fellow artist dragon!

My only warning is that you stay away from Bill. You'll catch his stupid. Maybe his ugly too. D:<

Darkmoon

Quote from: dragonsaia on May 06, 2008, 11:42:42 AM
Also, I'm going to ask if I can take the smileys off of this website for help on a webpage of my own. I'm working on gathering a lot of chibi pictures/cute pictures and grabbing a lot of smileys to put on there, and I am not taking without permissions, so, yeah >>

You can take any of the smileys you like -- we did when we made this place. However, you have to host them yourself. No stealing our bandwidth.

Also, the CLockwork Mansion is the fourth level in Super Castlevania IV.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on May 11, 2008, 11:07:03 AM
Also, the CLockwork Mansion is the fourth level in Super Castlevania IV.

Is that where it comes from? Good to know...

dragonsaia

Quote from: Dak on May 11, 2008, 08:31:26 AM
Hey there, fellow artist dragon!

My only warning is that you stay away from Bill. You'll catch his stupid. Maybe his ugly too. D:<

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and say that 1) I'm not a dragon except on weekends. (kidding, but seriously, I'm usually not a dragon)

2) I don't mind the stupid, I'm quite used to it. Trust me. Intelligient people + groups - maturity = total stupidity.

3) I will beware Bill for ugly, not stupidity.

QuoteAlso, the CLockwork Mansion is the fourth level in Super Castlevania IV.

Cool, I guess. I still can't get the feeling that maybe the name is familiar from MapleStory though....I think it might have been Clockwork Tower in MapleStory, not sure...I need to check it out >>;