The Next Superhero Movies

Started by Rakala, May 07, 2008, 09:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

Today in my local paper I opened up to the FYI section just because they had a review for the Ironman movie. However next to it they had a column showing the next 4 superhero movies to come out (non-chronologically). They were as follows....

1.The Green Lantern
2.Spider Woman
3.Captain America
4.The Flash

Thoughts?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

I think a Green Lantern movie would be pretty good, and a remake of Captain America wouldn't be bad, if the right director was attached.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Rakala

Of course you have to remember that most of the old Captain America movies were low-budget B movies.

thegayhare

I rather liked the old captain america movie...

sure it was cheesey but hey there is a pleasure to be had from a corny movie

Darkmoon

Quote from: Rakala on May 07, 2008, 09:55:05 AM
Today in my local paper I opened up to the FYI section just because they had a review for the Ironman movie. However next to it they had a column showing the next 4 superhero movies to come out (non-chronologically). They were as follows....

1.The Green Lantern
2.Spider Woman
3.Captain America
4.The Flash

Thoughts?

I don't know where that paper got that info. None of those movies are even in production yet,
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

bill

Isn't a remake of The Incredible Hulk next?

Rakala

I heard it was a sequel to the last one, but they got a different Bruce Banner (thankfully).

Goatmon

I think people will be more intrigued about the upcoming Thor, Captain America, Ant Man, and Avengers movie. 

Well, maybe not Ant Man. =P

Quote from: Rakala on May 07, 2008, 05:07:35 PM
I heard it was a sequel to the last one, but they got a different Bruce Banner (thankfully).

They're calling it a reboot, whatever that means.

I'm thinking they're basically starting over from scratch, which is good since the last one flopped badly.

Zedd

Quote from: Goatmon on May 07, 2008, 05:15:42 PM

I'm thinking they're basically starting over from scratch, which is good since the last one flopped badly.
More like Re-hash to me cause it will still smell like raidoactive dogshit to me...

bill

Hulk is my favorite superhero  :<

Goatmon

Quote from: Zedd on May 07, 2008, 06:07:10 PM
Quote from: Goatmon on May 07, 2008, 05:15:42 PM

More like Re-hash to me cause it will still smell like raidoactive dogshit to me...

Really?  Well then you must have seen the future, so please share excessive details of the movie that isn't out yet that you have apparently seen somehow. 

Janus Whitefurr

Just to confirm because I enjoy fun terminology: Whenever anyone in regards to a movie/series tosses out the word "reboot", it really means "Ignore absolutely everything that came before it, we're starting over and this is not connected to previous (sucky) work in any way"
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Alondro

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on May 07, 2008, 07:35:47 PM
Just to confirm because I enjoy fun terminology: Whenever anyone in regards to a movie/series tosses out the word "reboot", it really means "Ignore absolutely everything that came before it, we're starting over and this is not connected to previous (sucky) work in any way"

That kinda reminds me of that CGI show "Reboot", which was really corny at first and then suddenly became not stupid in the last season and I was like, "Wow, did they get better writers?  Or was the first season a trick to lull us into a sense of ease?" 

Anyway, I suspect some of these movies will suck, and some will be good.   :nod
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Rakala

I think I will see them all regardless because I am a super-nerd.

King Of Hearts

the upcoming ones Ive heard of is Batman: The Dark Knight, The Incredible Hulk [which is supposed to have Ironman in it and continue the "Avenger's" plot for the movie planned later on.] Wonder woman, and Thor.

Thora

Batman: The Dark Knight is already in production - Heath Ledger was filming the movie when he died.  No idea how the writers will get around that one, if he was a main character. 

Darkmoon

It's not in production at this point. It's basically in the can. They were shooting for a May release date, but Iron Man landed there as well and Batman moved.

King Of Hearts

yep, it was in post production when Ledger died, no real problems there.

GabrielsThoughts

which spider woman though... the one married to iron man in the early 90's , the one that's Peter Parker's daughter, or the one that pretended to be spider man but later was revealed to be a phoney and  became her own character?

Why not make a secret defenders movie with Dr. Strange, Iron man and, the Punisher, and Wolverine? that way it's a guaranteed success.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Darkmoon

Peter Parker's daughter is Spider Girl, not Spider Woman.

King Of Hearts

O yea also forgot, there's also talk of a Captain Marvel movie, with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson poised as the Big Red Cheese [though I think he is better as Black Adam, seriously the guy is a dead ringer] Also Paul "Triple H Levesque [did I get that right?] is having some serious thoughts on trying out for the part of Thor.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: King Of Hearts on May 13, 2008, 08:24:54 PM
O yea also forgot, there's also talk of a Captain Marvel movie, with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson poised as the Big Red Cheese [though I think he is better as Black Adam, seriously the guy is a dead ringer] Also Paul "Triple H Levesque [did I get that right?] is having some serious thoughts on trying out for the part of Thor.

....Levesque as Thor? DO NOT WANT.

(Even if the whole King of Kings schtick he had going some time back was very Thor-esque.)
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Zedd

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on May 13, 2008, 09:31:52 PM

....Levesque as Thor? DO NOT WANT.

(Even if the whole King of Kings schtick he had going some time back was very Thor-esque.)
I second that...Maybe when he was younger years..Maybe

LionHeart

O yea also forgot, there's also talk of a Captain Marvel movie, with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson poised as the Big Red Cheese [though I think he is better as Black Adam, seriously the guy is a dead ringer] .
*does a Google search for The Rock* You're right, he does look a lot like Black Adam.

A Green Lantern movie could be good, if it was done right.

A Flash movie could work - the live-action series showed it could be done without looking tacky.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Raffe

I tend to dislike the live-action movies that Hollywood throws at us. Animation is where its at.
That being said, I require
1)Wolvenom
2)Tigra
3)Wiccan
4)Thor
5)Black Panther
6)Hercules
7)The Falcon
8)Namor
9)Dr. Strange
Also, more hero vs. hero, possibly marvel's civil war or other.
Hooray ellipsis!

Brunhidden

Quote from: Deebs on May 16, 2008, 07:29:01 PM
I tend to dislike the live-action movies that Hollywood throws at us. Animation is where its at.
That being said, I require
1)Wolvenom
2)Tigra
3)Wiccan
4)Thor
5)Black Panther
6)Hercules
7)The Falcon
8)Namor
9)Dr. Strange
Also, more hero vs. hero, possibly marvel's civil war or other.

while i understand superhero movies are always a mixed bag of suck and joy, what i want to see more of is comic books that werent exactly superheroes. for instance, i liked hellboy, and kind of wish someone would do 'poison elves' as a movie or series.... come to think of it, most of these superhero movies would be so much better if they just accepted to do it in a series instead of trying to cram seven villians into a two hour movie.

of course, most people would hear 'series' and then try to do another 'smallville' style show which is really more of a cross between the actual superhero stuff and the dawsons creek kind of show which is mostly people in their late 20s playing teenagers who have lots of drama/romance..... jeeze, its SUPERHERO, drama/romance is okay but i am pretty sure that the green arrow is more concerned with hurting people then the highschool prom.

no, just make what would essentially be a 15 hour superhero movie, with proper plot development and enough space the villains don't just pop up and explode, and then cut it up into half hour chunks which can be broadcast in order. its not that hard, it will make more sense, and the words 'to be continued' can be used for things other then the last episode of a season to remind people they have to tune in next season to find out if so and so is pregnant with a robot love child....
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

On that subject, Brun - how about Sandman?

That'd be well and truly R rated, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

sandman? oh yeah, that would be freaking psychedelic

although there were two diffrent 'sandman' comics, one that features the personification of dreams, and another which is a batman style 'hero' that uses gas as his weapon of choice

sadly my entire contact with physical comic books is limited to whatever i could flip through in the library (not much, just a few scraps of sandman, hellboy, and about thirty manga i wouldn't touch with a yaoi/ninja proof pole) and a box of poison elves the comic shop let go for a few bucks cause they closed
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Raffe

Or how about a punisher series. Epic.
Hooray ellipsis!