[Art] Alteisentier Art. - Tuesday the 26th

Started by Alteisentier, February 26, 2008, 06:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alteisentier

*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

llearch n'n'daCorna

I like the Tardis. Other than that, it looks like excellent work - but not to my taste. Sorry about that...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

WhiteFox

I think you need to experiment more. You're work looks great, but there's not a lot of variety.

(I had a big ol' rant prepared, but I tossed it. )
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

GabrielsThoughts

hmm anatomically correct backside shots of winged dragon people... wow!
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

That last one isn't furry, it's scaley.

... Have you shown it to Slavkei?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Suwako

Alteisentier art, how lovely.

grand performance as always Alty.
as always, god of realism and anatomy.  :B

King Of Hearts

exquisite... your anatomy and mastery of muscular forms astound me.

Jairus

Dang... I've got a lot of practice before I can get there. Those are all amazing. You'd think you were actually sketching something you saw. Bravo.

I think my favorite of your current batch is "Hazzy," though your Tardis one from your old batch is really cool.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Mao

Excellent work indeed!  I'm quite fond of the hazzy one as well but the quality of the the rest shouldn't be overlooked.  The anatomy is spot on and some of them (the smile one in particular) have a real savage and almost frightening look to them.  I like it.  I'm a bit curious about the one that looks to be wearing a gas mask and has what seems to be a small robot riding on their shoulder.  Is this just a recurring drawing character or is there a story background to it?  If so is there anywhere I can view it?

Do you have any that are in a more finished state?  I'd really like to see how some of your inked and colored stuff would look.  I like the way you did the colors in the Tardis pic so I'm really exited to see what you do with some of the reptilian characters.  I do like the colors that you have done so far, but I dunno.  I'd just kinda like to see the whole production if you know what I mean. :)  Anyway, all looks great.  It's really impressive.  :eager

Sofox

Wow Alt, your art's great. Brilliant detail, great atmosphere, skillfully drawn. I really like it.

WhiteFox

These are awesome.

If I may crit, however, most of them have really really loose line work, which is hurting the overall readability and definition of the drawings (I have the same problem, actually). The pic of Hazzy is the exception here. Did you line that one differently?

At the same time, they have this really great fluid, natural, quality. It guess it comes down to finding a balance.

I love the anatomy on "Waaa" and "Him", and Hazzy's facial expression is solid gold. I think I like furryds0 the least, though. I think it's her face that puts me off.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Alteisentier

Quote from: Mowser on August 18, 2008, 09:23:53 AM
I'm a bit curious about the one that looks to be wearing a gas mask and has what seems to be a small robot riding on their shoulder.  Is this just a recurring drawing character or is there a story background to it?  If so is there anywhere I can view it?

He is indeed a recurring character and there is quite abit of background story behind the two. The person being Maal and the small shoulder bot called Harvey. As for their back story I do not have a place you can view it on. I can offer afew old design sketches though.

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh158/Alteisentier/?action=view&current=watch.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh158/Alteisentier/watchers.jpg?t=1219194548
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh158/Alteisentier/watchers2.jpg?t=1219194546
http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh158/Alteisentier/?action=view&current=Thosewhoforgo3.jpg

As for colour I don't really do it an awful lot, last thing i've done in the past month or two has been a quick 45-60min doodle literally yesterday (nsfw) http://d.furaffinity.net/art/whitedragon/1219094231.whitedragon_i_don_t_fucking_know.jpg/Idontfuckingknow.jpg?t=1219194702

Quote from: Fox LeBlanc on August 18, 2008, 08:31:00 PM
These are awesome.

If I may crit, however, most of them have really really loose line work, which is hurting the overall readability and definition of the drawings (I have the same problem, actually). The pic of Hazzy is the exception here. Did you line that one differently?

At the same time, they have this really great fluid, natural, quality. It guess it comes down to finding a balance.

I love the anatomy on "Waaa" and "Him", and Hazzy's facial expression is solid gold. I think I like furryds0 the least, though. I think it's her face that puts me off.

Welcome to my naming system, aka. Smackin' the keyboard randomly.

I did not really do anything diffrently from Hazzys drawing, I just rather like the more sketchy style and unless stated otherwise by the person who wants the drawing, it tends to be what I do. As for the furry one, it was a quick 5 minute sketch I just decided to throw up, There's probably lots of errors with it but it's not something I'll be touching agian, just a quick doodle out of boredom.

And while i'm here I might as well throw up some other stuff.

A quick (nsfw) doodle I did for a friend today http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh158/Alteisentier/Dystaria2.jpg?t=1219194705

And for Mowser, my latest work in progress, since you want to see the whole production

From this http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh158/Alteisentier/armor-1.jpg?t=1219195448

To (currently) this http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh158/Alteisentier/Avataroth-2.jpg?t=1219194704
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Mao

Alteisentier

Jairus

Wow... cool. So... what is it, aside from Matriark Prime?

What's the scale at work here (human-sized, giant biomechanical mecha sized, something else)?

Alteisentier

It's about 8 foot tall.

And here's a doodle from todays work, a design for a new character.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh158/Alteisentier/Untitled-6.jpg?t=1219534520

rt

*flips through the links*

Wow, some good details in there (some messy/sketchy .. but i get the point). And ++ points for originality, those are some waky creatures you've drawn. I think I'll take 'smiles' home as a pet.

Kipiru

Great sketches and awsome anatomy on the humanoids, but most of your work stand like it still in progress, not finished. Also it may not be you thing but maybe you should experiment with color some more.
Other than that, you have some potent imagination. Very nice!

Alteisentier

WhiteFox

Most I can say is that the calves look a bit long.

Other then that... Gorgeous. It's pretty clean, but doesn't loose it's fluidity or volume. Love the hair.

Alteisentier

Quote from: Fox LeBlanc on September 02, 2008, 01:23:40 AM
Most I can say is that the calves look a bit long.

Huh, totally never noticed that. Then again I did draw it at about 3am..

Suwako

Very nice, yeah she looks a bit long. (especially when you make her sit in the chair normally with mental power!)
another slightly less detailed masterpiece from the alt  :3 You might want to edit your topic title stating that the last update was the 26th non the less.

Eowyn

What Eowyn types-  sssssaaaa   mmmooooommmyddrrrraaagggon!

What Eowyn says- wow, itsa mommy dragon

What Eowyn means- this dragon is very feminine and realistic looking

Alteisentier

Jairus

Ooh, very cool, Alteisentier. The first one sort of looks like a Final Fantasy XII construct-style boss (that's a compliment, really it is, I think it looks awesome), and the second one looks great too. The helmet-mask thing in the upper right corner kind of reminds me of Kamen Rider G3, or maybe G4. My one minor gripe is that the "tail" doesn't feel long enough on that snake-like thing down in the corner. Maybe it's just me, but it feels a little short for what it's doing. But the drawings look great.

Lysander

Alright, I need to type that you are an amazing artist. I agree with the others about the excellent anatomy and muscular design. I also enjoy what you do with the creativity of it all, especially the robitic designs. Probably the ones I most enjoy would be:

waaa.jpg?t=1219012524     very awesome

Avataroth-2.jpg?t=1219194704       Wow, you'd do well as a cg artist.

Cotp.jpg?t=1219436477     If it only be for one reason, pulling this off  in 10 min is crazy.
:januscat
TytajLucheek

Alteisentier

Alteisentier

WhiteFox

I LOVE the fabric on Haz. The eyes look a little two dimensional, tho. His hair could use a little more definition.

Aw... fluffy kitty! Looks visceral, very expressive.