Geekiest tattoo ever

Started by Netrogo, February 13, 2008, 01:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netrogo

Friend of mine linked me to this, there's quite a few other geeky tattoos listed but this one just took the cake.\

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lastexile/412067070/in/pool-592961@N20
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

thegayhare

My freind who is married to a tattoo artist is planning to get a Gir tattoo

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Aisha deCabre

Pfff!   xD

I bet someone would wear a tattoo like that, just for the expressions that people give them.  If it came in a non-permanent version then I probably might.   :mwaha
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Darkmoon

I would just feel bad if my code eventually got depreciated...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Netrogo

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 13, 2008, 04:00:20 PM

Best. Decapitation joke. Ever!

*salutes*

bill

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 13, 2008, 04:00:20 PM
I'd feel bad regardless.

Brunhidden

i still preffer the classic
"i want a tattoo of a barcode, right on my butt"
"what do you want it to say? im not sure if i know barcode that well"
"think you can code 'abandon hope all ye who enter?"
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Don

Well, that's interesting. I'm not quite sure why someone would get a tatt like that, though I've never really liked tattoos and that stuff much..

Darkmoon

Quote from: 96Zack96 on February 16, 2008, 06:21:16 AM
Well, that's interesting. I'm not quite sure why someone would get a tatt like that, though I've never really liked tattoos and that stuff much..

You pretty well answered your own question right there.

NDDR

that tattoo aint that bad, it hasnt lumped over or faded too badly and the outlining doesn't look too bad (if its real).

Brunhidden

any guesses for how many years from now he regrets this so much he saves up to have it lazered off?

Darkmoon

Eh, depends on how long it was that he waited on getting it to begin with. I just started a tattoo recently, and I doubt I'll ever want to have it removed. My reason for saying that: I've wanted to exact same tattoo in the exact same spot for 10 years now. Never wavered. I thought it through and went through with it like I wanted.

Now, I'm not saying he necessarily put forth that thought and desire, but if he did, it'll never come off.

Netrogo

It's the same thing with me DM. I've been juggling two different tats that I've wanted to get since I was thirteen. Twelve years down the road I'm still juggling them. Though with me the only reason I haven't gone through with it yet is because I'm trying to get into the acting industry.

Brunhidden

for a long time i had been wanting a tattoo, but the questions are what and where

specifically, finding a patch of skin thats not so hairy a tattoo could even be seen afterwards

Netrogo

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 17, 2008, 09:08:35 AM
for a long time i had been wanting a tattoo, but the questions are what and where

specifically, finding a patch of skin thats not so hairy a tattoo could even be seen afterwards

Shoulders/upper arm areas tend to be relatively hairless. Unless you're a bear-monkey hybrid of some sort.

NDDR

shoulders, upper arm, neck, wrists, ribs are usually good places that don't have too much hair. only problem is, those places are all in the top ten most sensitive areas for tattoos except upper arm.

im lucky blonde hair is almost invisible so it don't block the view of my tattoos.

getting a new one on tuesday or wednesday depending on when my tattooist has time, had the design ages but only just got round to using it.

equidna's sis designed it for me, can't remember if it was for xmas or bday i got it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Netrogo on February 17, 2008, 09:18:14 AM

Shoulders/upper arm areas tend to be relatively hairless. Unless you're a bear-monkey hybrid of some sort.

Brun is a bear hybrid, though. ;-]

Slightly off the topic of personal abuse, I've been thinking about getting a tattoo of a ring around my finger, under my wedding band. Matching it.

It strikes me as... suitably geeky. Of course, there's the issue of just how much I expect it to hurt, since my hands aren't especially well padded...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

aww, that's sweet.

I'd actually thought about doing something similar, with my old ring's pattern.  I've since had to have it cut off and replaced it with something pretty, but not as original.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Feroluce

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 17, 2008, 01:43:30 AM
Eh, depends on how long it was that he waited on getting it to begin with. I just started a tattoo recently, and I doubt I'll ever want to have it removed. My reason for saying that: I've wanted to exact same tattoo in the exact same spot for 10 years now. Never wavered. I thought it through and went through with it like I wanted.

Now, I'm not saying he necessarily put forth that thought and desire, but if he did, it'll never come off.

/agree

I wanted a specific tattoo since I was about 14, finally got it done when I graduated university. dont see it ever coming off. I encorage anyone thinking about getting a tattoo to put in the same kind of time.

this guy... man. whats the bet he now has a mullet to rival McGiver?

Fuyudenki

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 18, 2008, 07:29:38 AM
Quote from: Netrogo on February 17, 2008, 09:18:14 AM

Brun is a bear hybrid, though. ;-]

Slightly off the topic of personal abuse, I've been thinking about getting a tattoo of a ring around my finger, under my wedding band. Matching it.

It strikes me as... suitably geeky. Of course, there's the issue of just how much I expect it to hurt, since my hands aren't especially well padded...

Someone I knew got his ring finger mangled so that his wedding ring wouldn't fit on it anymore, and he and his wife were considering that exact same thing.  I think it was very sweet, though personally I don't think I'd do something like that.

But then, I'm still wondering if I'll ever be wearing a wedding ring, so whatever.

Gray

Quote from: Netrogo on February 13, 2008, 01:10:53 PM
Friend of mine linked me to this, there's quite a few other geeky tattoos listed but this one just took the cake.\

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lastexile/412067070/in/pool-592961@N20

I want to get that >.>

Jack McSlay

now where did he put the </body>? ok maybe better not to think too much about it
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Darkmoon

Well, if you wanted to over think it, He'd have to put <HTML> and <HEAD> on the tip top of his head, and </BODY> on the very bottom of his feet. It would seem the most natural place.

Of course, then you have to wonder if he put in a TITLE tag... oh, and what sort of encoding he's using. I bet he's probably doing transitional...

Eowyn

What Eowyn types- ddddrrrrrrrk

What Eowyn says- dork

Netrogo

I was just thinking of saying the same thing about Dmoon Eowyn >:3