Completely irrelevant to everything question.

Started by Rakala, December 26, 2007, 09:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win, Batman or Captain America?

Captain America
Batman
Tie

Rakala

Okay, my question is this, who would win in a battle, Batman  :batman or Captain America? There has been much debate among comic geeks about this for years. If you are going to post here please don't just say which you think is better, think logically and don't use "Captain America is dead" as a reason for Batman  :batman winning. I'm talking about when he was alive.

Now, my personal opinion is that the winner would be Captain America for a few simple reasons.
1. Captain America is one of the original superheroes, he has been around longer than Batman and has much more experience in combat.
2. The Super Soldier Serum, it made Captain America strong and fast as possible, but not to the point where he was superhuman as well as giving him almost perfect reaction time.
3. Captain America has beaten almost every superhero and villain in the Marvel universe, but how many people has Batman  :batman beaten?
4. Besides all these other points he has been in many large scale battles without actually killing anyone showing superiority. The biggest example being World War II.

Now on the flip side Batman  :batman also has several of his own advantages. To show that I am thinking logically like I requested I will show the other side of things.
1. Batman's  :batman wide array of tools as opposed to Captain America just having his (indestructible) shield.
2. Batman  :batman has stealth on his side so he can also use the element of surprise effectively due to his ninja training.  :mowninja
3. Batman  :batman, apart from being very physically fit, is a super genius and a master of strategy.

But, I want to here everybody else's opinions. Go ahead and post what you think. I may be easily swayed to the other side of the argument depending on how well your arguments are.

Darkmoon

Always Batman, no matter what.

Batman beats Superman.
Batman beats Spiderman
Batman beats The US Army.
Batman beats Chuck Norris.

Always Batman.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

superluser

Quote from: Rakala on December 26, 2007, 09:23:18 PMNow, my personal opinion is that the winner would be Captain America for a few simple reasons.
1. Captain America is one of the original superheroes, he has been around longer than Batman and has much more experience in combat.
2. The Super Soldier Serum, it made Captain America strong and fast as possible, but not to the point where he was superhuman as well as giving him almost perfect reaction time.
3. Captain America has beaten almost every superhero and villain in the Marvel universe, but how many people has Batman  :batman beaten?
4. Besides all these other points he has been in many large scale battles without actually killing anyone showing superiority. The biggest example being World War II.

Batman defeated Superman.

Those four points refer to Superman as well as Captain America, so Batman could easily defeat Captain America.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Rakala

Quote from: superluser on December 26, 2007, 09:46:02 PM
Quote from: Rakala on December 26, 2007, 09:23:18 PMNow, my personal opinion is that the winner would be Captain America for a few simple reasons.

Batman defeated Superman.

Those four points refer to Superman as well as Captain America, so Batman could easily defeat Captain America.
No. Not all four of the points. You also have to remember that Superman holds back most of the time because of his immense strength. I'm not saying your point isn't good, it is, but I'm just presenting an argument.

superluser

Quote from: Rakala on December 26, 2007, 09:48:32 PMNo. Not all four of the points. You also have to remember that Superman holds back most of the time because of his immense strength. I'm not saying your point isn't good, it is, but I'm just presenting an argument.

You don't help yourself by saying that the guy Batman killed was even stronger than your guy.

Rakala

Quote from: superluser on December 26, 2007, 09:58:27 PM
Quote from: Rakala on December 26, 2007, 09:48:32 PMNo. Not all four of the points. You also have to remember that Superman holds back most of the time because of his immense strength. I'm not saying your point isn't good, it is, but I'm just presenting an argument.

You don't help yourself by saying that the guy Batman killed was even stronger than your guy.
Wait, Batman killed Superman? When was this? Why wasn't I informed? WTF?

bill

Damaris

Besides, Batman cheats.  Of course this means he'll win.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Rakala

Okay, I don't see very many convincing arguments (save for superluser's) and I would like people to be a little more logical in their responses as well as give a few points. It will make this a lot more interesting.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Alondro

To hell with logic! 

Goku beats everyone, cuz he's the uber-god-moder-of-all!   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Rakala

bill

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

GabrielsThoughts

everyone knows John McClain could easily kick both their asses, although there is some debate as to whether or not Detective McClain IS a Captain America.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zina

I think this thread needs more Batman smilies.
:batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman
Batman.

LionHeart

Batman and Captain America did get into a fight once, during the big DC vs Marvel crossover event.

As I recall, they pretty much fought each other to a standstill - they were that evenly matched.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

bill

Rakala

Quote from: LionHeart on December 27, 2007, 06:37:37 AM
Batman and Captain America did get into a fight once, during the big DC vs Marvel crossover event.

As I recall, they pretty much fought each other to a standstill - they were that evenly matched.
THANK YOU! Finally somebody who put down something that helps answer my question. I figured it would end up something like that in the end as they are both very similar and mostly even. Thank you for actually putting something reasonable here as everybody else just seems to be stupid about it.

Alondro

Cuz we are stupid!   Alot of us just can't realize how vitally important to life answers about hypothetical comic book character battles are.   :B

bill

Zina

Quote from: Zina on December 27, 2007, 03:42:22 AM
:batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman :batman
Batman.

I had a dream last night I got banned for this post.
My dreams are amazing and you're all jealous.

Sonic the Hedgehog beats the Flash. Any day.

bill

Quote from: Zina on December 27, 2007, 01:42:35 PM
Batman.

furry bias

Rakala

Quote from: Zina on December 27, 2007, 01:42:35 PM
Batman.

Yes. Sonic the Hedgehog does beat the Flash. However that doesn't change the fact that almost none of this has to do with the topic.

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over

Zina

Rakala

Quote from: Eibbor_N on December 27, 2007, 02:42:07 PM
GO AQUAMAN WOOOO
Aquaman sucks. What are his powers? He can breath underwater and talk to fish. Powers that are useless anywhere but underwater. If I were him I'd take a shotgun to my own head.

bill

Quote from: Zina on December 27, 2007, 05:08:32 PM
Zina could beat up Bill. >[
Nonsense, Zina is a woman. (oh snap sexism jokes ya)