Completely irrelevant to everything question.

Started by Rakala, December 26, 2007, 09:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win, Batman or Captain America?

Captain America
Batman
Tie

superluser

Quote from: Rakala on December 27, 2007, 05:20:24 PMAquaman sucks. What are his powers? He can breath underwater and talk to fish. Powers that are useless anywhere but underwater. If I were him I'd take a shotgun to my own head.

Or perhaps hang it up as a superhero and become the most kickass marine biologist ever?

Nah.  Shotgun through the head makes more sense.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zina

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 27, 2007, 05:24:03 PM
Quote from: Zina on December 27, 2007, 05:08:32 PM
Zina could beat up Bill. >[
Nonsense, Zina is a woman. (oh snap sexism jokes ya)
So is Bill. (OOOOOO questioning your manhood, what are you going to do NOW?)

Feroluce

I would answer this more seriously, but I know nearly nothing about Captain A. Batman I know is sneaky, cunning, and will ruthlessly exploit any possible weakness to win. Like intelligent stratagists, he realises that winning is more important then how you win. Conseqently my money is on him, especially if one of Cap A's advantages lies in his sheild, which while being indestructable can be removed...

:batman

on another note, MODFIGHT!! glee!

:popcorn

Alondro

Quote from: Zina on December 27, 2007, 11:31:57 PM

He'll agree.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

bill

Quote from: Alondro on December 28, 2007, 10:29:37 AM
Quote from: Zina on December 27, 2007, 11:31:57 PM

He'll agree.   >:3
mods please ban

oh wait

>:3

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Reese Tora

wait, what?

IIRC, Captain america is physically superior to Batman (super soldier serum) and has the backing of the americal government.

Batman is a well trained man of human strength, with the backing of all of Bruce Wayne's assets.
(spoiler: Batman is Bruce Wayne!)

how are they competing, why are they competing, where are they competing, when in each of thier developmental timelines are they each from?
(I believe that Who is covered :P )

In a straight up, clean physical confrontation, Cap would be the clear victor, and Batman could trounce him at chess or in a debate.
(if they were both dropped naked in an arena, who would win? the fic writters.)

--edit--

Also, Zina has a black tail tip like Ookami, so she would use her godly drawing powers to give Bill a villenous moustache and goatee, making her the clear victor.
(also, slash cut to vemove his hair,a nd with it his power.)
(The brush you use in Ookami is clearly Amaterasu's tail)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Rakala

Quote from: Reese Tora on December 28, 2007, 09:17:05 PM
wait, what?

IIRC, Captain america is physically superior to Batman (super soldier serum) and has the backing of the americal government.

Batman is a well trained man of human strength, with the backing of all of Bruce Wayne's assets.
(spoiler: Batman is Bruce Wayne!)

how are they competing, why are they competing, where are they competing, when in each of thier developmental timelines are they each from?
(I believe that Who is covered :P )

In a straight up, clean physical confrontation, Cap would be the clear victor, and Batman could trounce him at chess or in a debate.
(if they were both dropped naked in an arena, who would win? the fic writters.)
ACtually there is another factor. Does Batman know about the battle ahead of time or not? Because if he did he would make sure it was in a time and place of his advantage.

Eibborn

Naaaah time and location don't matter. He has everything he needs in his utility belt, anyway.
/kicks the internet over

Rakala

Quote from: Eibbor_N on December 29, 2007, 11:54:38 AM
Naaaah time and location don't matter. He has everything he needs in his utility belt, anyway.
Hold on, Batman would have a clear advantage in a warehouse in the middle of the night.

rabid_fox

Bill Gates would buy and sell both their sorry asses. Money is the only real superpower.

Oh dear.

LionHeart

Quote from: rabid_fox on December 30, 2007, 09:54:10 AM

Bill Gates would buy and sell both their sorry asses. Money is the only real superpower.
Batman isn't short of a few bucks himself...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

rabid_fox

You're right. They'd have a party that would include expensive and obscure alcohols and, more than likely, ice sculptures.

Oh dear.

Netrogo

Wish I'd noticed this thread sooner...

First and foremost, Batman beat Captain America in the Dc V Marvel comics. However the fight was to a stand still until they got flooded out *whole lot of water gushing into their fight area* at that point Cap threw his shield, Bats threw a Batarang (Both did so while being tossed about by the torrents of water) Cap's shield missed where Bat's batarang connected.

So in a level playing field they fight to a stand still, however throw in chaos (random events and such) and Batman keeps the more level head. This is no doubt due to the emotion factor though. When you look at the two characters the place where they differentiate the most is emotional. Cap was frequently shown using a wide range of emotions and often making his decisions based on those emotions (An example of this would be in Cable & Deadpool {Not sure which issue} Cap is sent to infiltrate Cable's island and let's his emotions get the better of him, thus getting schooled by Cable). Batman however has all the emotional range of the asian film market "Stolen From Zina Post As An Example" so he's not one to let little things like the world coming to an end or random events stop him from seeing his primary goal.

To the people bringing up the Batman beat Superman example. That means nothing here, as frequently shown in the comics, a three year old with down syndrome and no legs could beat Superman with kryptonite. All times where Superman has been beaten by Batman (there's been a few) kryptonite has been involved. The only time this doesn't apply is in a Wizard Magazine article when interviewing a team from DC (can't remember who, too lazy to find the article) they did a 'Who would win in an all out JLA fight?" thing. In it the entire JLA of that time (Grant Morrison run, so the big seven Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and The Martian Manhunter) in that run however it was at the time when Superman had a power shift into an energy being. Batman still came out on top, the last of which being him v Superman. His defeat of Superman was interesting, let's just say it involved ripped clothing and jumper cables (The sad thing is that ISN'T a joke).

Too early in the morning, need food. Will post more if necessary.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Rakala

Quote from: Netrogo on December 31, 2007, 08:12:23 AM
Wish I'd noticed this thread sooner...

First and foremost, Batman beat Captain America in the Dc V Marvel comics. However the fight was to a stand still until they got flooded out *whole lot of water gushing into their fight area* at that point Cap threw his shield, Bats threw a Batarang (Both did so while being tossed about by the torrents of water) Cap's shield missed where Bat's batarang connected.

So in a level playing field they fight to a stand still, however throw in chaos (random events and such) and Batman keeps the more level head. This is no doubt due to the emotion factor though. When you look at the two characters the place where they differentiate the most is emotional. Cap was frequently shown using a wide range of emotions and often making his decisions based on those emotions (An example of this would be in Cable & Deadpool {Not sure which issue} Cap is sent to infiltrate Cable's island and let's his emotions get the better of him, thus getting schooled by Cable). Batman however has all the emotional range of the asian film market "Stolen From Zina Post As An Example" so he's not one to let little things like the world coming to an end or random events stop him from seeing his primary goal.

To the people bringing up the Batman beat Superman example. That means nothing here, as frequently shown in the comics, a three year old with down syndrome and no legs could beat Superman with kryptonite. All times where Superman has been beaten by Batman (there's been a few) kryptonite has been involved. The only time this doesn't apply is in a Wizard Magazine article when interviewing a team from DC (can't remember who, too lazy to find the article) they did a 'Who would win in an all out JLA fight?" thing. In it the entire JLA of that time (Grant Morrison run, so the big seven Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and The Martian Manhunter) in that run however it was at the time when Superman had a power shift into an energy being. Batman still came out on top, the last of which being him v Superman. His defeat of Superman was interesting, let's just say it involved ripped clothing and jumper cables (The sad thing is that ISN'T a joke).

Too early in the morning, need food. Will post more if necessary.
Wow. Very detailed. I never had a chance to read the DC-Marvel crossover but now I'll have to find it somewhere. I need to know just what was going on. Also there was a time when the two teamed up because Red Skull and Joker teamed up as well.

TheGreyRonin

The problem with DC/Marvel crossovers is that neither side is willing to give ground, so almost everything ends up either a tie, or both sides realize that they're both heroes and just stop fighting.

Captain America is stronger, faster, and tougher than Batman. Flat out. In a sudden, unprepared match, especially unarmed, Captain America would flatten Batman. Fighting skills notwithstanding, Batman is still fully human, Captain America, strictly speaking, is not thanks to the super-soldier serum.

On the other hand, Batman's greatest weapon is his mind. He can outthink nearly any opponent he comes across, and can handily defeat enemies far more powerful than he is by doing so. If he knew in advance the fight was coming, Batman would drop Captain America. Probably without ever even touching him.

On a semi-related note, much has been made of Batman's hand-to-hand combat abilities. I recall that at one point DC did a crossover series that had Batman fighting Aliens, and defeated one in close combat without weapons.
I know it's a comic, but there's no canon way Batman could do that. Just an observation that Batman's vaunted fighting skills tend to be improved at random so he can win any fight.

LionHeart

I remember reading somewhere that Batman has mastered something like 128 different martial arts styles, so he can use elements of any of them against an opponent.

Captain America and Batman are both extremely capable physically, but neither one (as far as I know) has actual super powers. The Captain got his physique from the Super-soldier serum, Batman developed his through about 20 years of relentless training.

For comparison:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_america

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Rakala

Quote from: LionHeart on January 11, 2008, 06:55:35 AM
Captain America and Batman are both extremely capable physically, but neither one (as far as I know) has actual super powers.

That was kinda one of the reasons I think it would be a great face off. They are both extremely physically capable, but not so much to the point that they're super human.

lucas marcone

captain america. one call and a quin jet later and batman would be six feet under. go team avenger!

Rakala

Quote from: lucas marcone on January 11, 2008, 11:08:23 AM
captain america. one call and a quin jet later and batman would be six feet under. go team avenger!
Forget the other avengers for this particular topic. Just Captain AMerica.

TheGreyRonin

Quote from: LionHeart on January 11, 2008, 06:55:35 AM
I remember reading somewhere that Batman has mastered something like 128 different martial arts styles, so he can use elements of any of them against an opponent.

Captain America and Batman are both extremely capable physically, but neither one (as far as I know) has actual super powers. The Captain got his physique from the Super-soldier serum, Batman developed his through about 20 years of relentless training.

To the first point: And Captain America is a trained, combat-experienced soldier. I'm guessing he's picked up a bit along the way himself, but Batman's ridiculous-level training might make a difference.

To the second: Captain America was dropped into really cold water with no protection and froze, thawing out fifty years later with no serious side effects. Even comic book physics doesn't allow for that to be anything but a superhuman ability. *shrugs* Sorry, but it you want fully human-on-human without augmentation, better call in the Punisher to duke it out, Not Captain America.

lucas marcone

well i suppose if batman could get ahold of a magnatism generator he could just do to cap A what magneto did to him in marvel zombies(he sent the shield right back through caps skull. but being a zombie and only loseing part of his brain cap A survived.)

but short of that cap A is stronger, faster, war ready, and willing to die for his country. if the government convinces him batman is a terrorist batman is dead no matter how you look at it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: lucas marcone on January 11, 2008, 01:24:25 PM
but short of that cap A is stronger, faster, war ready, and willing to die for his country. if the government convinces him batman is a terrorist batman is dead no matter how you look at it.

... and Superman is stronger, faster, war-ready, and was hypnotised into being ready to die for killing Batman. And who won?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

lucas marcone

but how did he win? kryptonite? i mean come on it's the lameist weakness in comic book history! he'll have to think of something much better to get cap A

llearch n'n'daCorna

The point is not that he won by using Kryptonite. The point is that a) he investigated the weakness beforehand, and planned ahead, and b) he used the battle to also break the hypnotic effect, and c) he also used the battle to short out power to the city, which had other beneficial effects on his plans.

As has been pointed out previously, it's not that he used Kryptonite. It's that he planned ahead, and understands the weaknesses of his target - enemy or not.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears