[23/7/2007] She must have the Invisibility Cloak!

Started by Izkata, July 23, 2007, 10:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izkata

Cookie for everyone who understands what the topic refers to...

However, it worries me that Amber didn't say the First of August...  (Especially the "horribly wrong" part in the newspost!)

Damaris

Whenever Amber travels, she tends to leave on very early Tuesday mornings. (9 hour drives are a lot easier when 4-6 of those hours are on empty highways)  So odds are if she is traveling the last week of July, she would be getting back into Canada by Tuesday afternoon which doesn't leave a lot of time to recover before having to leap into an update for Wednesday morning.

Which, in layman's terms, really means to expect an update closer to August 3rd.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Izkata

Nuuu, I meant it jokingly...

Why must everyone take me seriously (even in reallife) all the time?

(Is it my failure to use smileys?)

:eager

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Catffeinated

D: D: D:
NO DMFA UNTIL AUGUST 3RD!!!???
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Kenji

Zedd

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Aleolus

I have faith in Amber!  I believe she will be back before the end of the first week of August!  Or else the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch will befall my head!

Turnsky

at least we have something new to talk about, woo!

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

kaskar

:mowmeep Maybe Amber has been monitoring how much everyone has been making fools of themselves ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Turnsky

kaskar

:mowmeep Just wondering, why should Amber care what happens to Lost Lake, until her eventual return. Just would spoil a perfectly good holiday.

Turnsky

personally, i'm seeing this as a good thing for Amber, trust me, a good holiday does a webcomicker the world of good.

kaskar

8)  A good holiday does almost everyone some good ...

rt

:) Ahh that is one relaxed looking wiku-amber-worm, we need to bottle that and distribute it!

Turnsky

Quote from: rt on July 24, 2007, 09:00:56 AM
:) Ahh that is one relaxed looking wiku-amber-worm, we need to bottle that and distribute it!

wiku tequila?  :erk

Alondro

*Amber rant quote* Things are going well at my brothers house. Currently I'm in the middle of getting my passport tangle fixed up, as well as fix the AC on my car.

*TABLOID NEWS FLASH!!!*  Amber Williams, aka Miss Mab, aka Wiku Wurm, aka Tina Turner (prove it's not her!  I dare ya!) has claimed that both Anthrocon (AC) and Atlantic City, NJ (also AC) are both located on her car!  Does this indicate that Amber has gone completely mad with delusions and hallucinations and must therefore be locked up in an insane asylum for the remainder of her natural life, drugged into a hazy stupor 24 hours a day?

In this reporter's humber opinion, YES!!!  This madness is only a symptom of the psychotic homicidal tendancies to come!  Research that you'll never find, but which I know is true says that 99.999999% of people who believe that coastal cities are located on their cars will go on a killing spree within 2 hours of declaring themselves the Supreme Poomba-Loomba and demanding that everyone hand over all their flarns.

The FBI, CIA, ASPCA, , HSUS, ACLU, and PETA have all been altered to be on the look out for anyone inching toward the Canadian border in a green sleeping bag. :yasrsly

*Charline  :sweatdrop*  Uhm, ok, Charles is obviously not very experienced at picking wild mushrooms...  
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on July 24, 2007, 09:46:33 AM
*Charline  :sweatdrop*  Uhm, ok, Charles is obviously not very experienced at picking wild mushrooms... 
He's done pretty good because he isn't dead.  I hate mushrooms  :B

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Brunhidden

wow, those mushrooms must be pretty darned wild.

*nomnom* mmmm, beer flavored mushrooms.

QuoteFatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

LionHeart

...Should we be worried that Charline is coming across as the sane one? :eek
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Tapewolf

Quote from: LionHeart on July 24, 2007, 12:09:06 PM
If Charles eats some Death Cap and then Charline eats him, will she die too?

Brunhidden

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 24, 2007, 12:10:37 PM
Quote from: LionHeart on July 24, 2007, 12:09:06 PM
If Charles eats some Death Cap and then Charline eats him, will she die too?

that highly depends- contrary to popular belief poisoning isnt some kind of magical process where the entire body becomes toxic. Lets say that Charles eats some bad shrooms, they go to his stomach obviously. the next step is the more virulent toxins enter his bloodstream through the stomach wall, as most drugs do, and whats left in his belly is more or less shitake mushrooms that taste horrible, the toxins being leeched out pretty quick. this is followed by the bloodstream carrying the toxins to a target organ- usually the brain, heart, or liver. Charles dies, the blood stops flowing, and the toxins no longer have easy access to everything.

if Charline eats Charles chances are the vast majority of the blood is spilt on the ground or purposefully drained- there goes at least half the toxin. its doubtful that Charline will eat Charle's brain (one theory of thought is that farm geese taste better then wild geese as they do not use their muscles, and the same should hold true for unused brains) so there goes at least half of what toxins are left. The largest remaining concentration of toxins is the liver, which may or may not be eaten.

so a table of toxins, if Charline-
- eats only the flesh, not the blood, brains or liver- 5%
- eats the flesh and liver- 30%
- eats only the brain- 25%
- drinks the blood- 45%
- swallows whole- 100%

so unless its vamp or vore chances are Charline may just get sick to her stomach or have a bad trip, and if she swallows whole the toxins will take several hours to be released into her bloodstream- heres hoping her liver is nice and healthy

why do i know this? i was raised in a swamp and knowing the cause of death of forest critters you find KO lets you know what parts can be eaten. It dosent come up often, usually its easer and more likely to either kill it yourself or find some roadkill.

QuoteI came upon a roadkill deer
a sorrowful sight to behold
he lay upon the highway's edge
his body was stiff and cold.

I bet he never saw the car
careening through the snow.
The lights shone brightly in his eyes
and then they laid him low.

I came upon a roadkill deer
and lifted him off the road.
We'll all enjoy a Christmas feast
of Bambi sloppy joes.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

I'll admit I have a tendency to look at mushrooms as some kind of really evil dark magic, but that's because I have something of a phobia about them.

Death Cap kills by disintegrating the liver - apparently it causes all the cells to rupture.  Since this takes about six hours, my question should really have begun "if she eats him before he dies".  The toxins are liable to be in his bloodstream and possibly accumulating in the liver.  If she eats all of him, all of these and possibly some not-yet digested bits of the mushroom will be inside him.

**EDIT**
Okay, you're assuming she only eats some of him...

Alondro

*Charline smirks*  Well, considering I'm rather of a divine heritage, I can take quite a massive heaping of poison with no damage.  I mean, look at Hercules.  He was only a half-god!  I would eat charles now, but I want to see what sort of chaos he'll cause in the lab in this hallucinating state of mind!

*KABOOOM!*

*Charline squee!*  Oooo!  There went Eastern PA!!   Now I can eat up all the souls!  Using Gonzou!   :boogie   One step closer to tri-wing!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Turnsky

Quote from: Alondro on July 24, 2007, 12:37:50 PM
*Charline smirks*  Well, considering I'm rather of a divine heritage, I can take quite a massive heaping of poison with no damage.  I mean, look at Hercules.  He was only a half-god!  I would eat charles now, but I want to see what sort of chaos he'll cause in the lab in this hallucinating state of mind!

*KABOOOM!*

*Charline squee!*  Oooo!  There went Eastern PA!!   Now I can eat up all the souls!  Using Gonzou!   :boogie   One step closer to tri-wing!   >:3

will that be with or without sprinkles?

Alondro

Quote from: Turnsky on July 24, 2007, 12:39:35 PM

*KABOOOM!*

*Charline looks confused*  Triwings come with optional sprinkles?   :confused

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on July 24, 2007, 03:06:23 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on July 24, 2007, 12:39:35 PM

*KABOOOM!*

*Charline looks confused*  Triwings come with optional sprinkles?   :confused

Yes my dear...Ink left a memo on your desk about it weeks ago..
And Janus...It was meeee about the scotts men! Your the man now d-er ferret!