Sonic RPG in the works

Started by LigerJet, June 21, 2007, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LigerJet

Kenji

If they could make this game awesome and have a good story, and allow you go use Tails and Espio, as well as bringing Mighty back, and possibly Ray, Bean, and Bark, I would be awesomefied.

Or at least some combination of all that.

Kryptic

Hey, that's almost as cool as the Sonic & Mario game scheduled to come out.

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/marioandsonic/index.php

Xuzaf D

Quote from: Kenji on June 21, 2007, 06:42:17 PM
If they could make this game awesome and have a good story, and allow you go use Tails and Espio, as well as bringing Mighty back, and possibly Ray, Bean, and Bark, I would be awesomefied.

Or at least some combination of all that.

:U Who the hell are these characters?
Never mind. It's probably best I don't know. Sonic Heroes and Shuffle already did enough damage.

Zina

Older Sonic characters. Most are from Sonic Arcade or Sonic Fighters, or whatever. Bean is a duck, Bark's a poler bear, Ray is a squirrel and Mighty is an armadillo. Mighty is more known, since he was apart of the Chaotix along with Charmy, Vector and Espio in the game for Saturn. He's also a character in the Sonic Archie comic. He's fairly popular among those fans(and one of my favorites when I actually still read the comic), and people made a stink when he wasn't included in Sonic Heroes.
Rumor has it that when the person that created Mighty left Sega, he took the copyrights to the character with him. So the chances of Mighty appearing in another Sonic game in the future is very very slim, unfortunately.

Kenji

Quote from: Zina on June 22, 2007, 04:10:30 AM
Older Sonic characters. Most are from Sonic Arcade or Sonic Fighters, or whatever. Bean is a duck, Bark's a poler bear, Ray is a squirrel and Mighty is an armadillo. Mighty is more known, since he was apart of the Chaotix along with Charmy, Vector and Espio in the game for Saturn. He's also a character in the Sonic Archie comic. He's fairly popular among those fans(and one of my favorites when I actually still read the comic), and people made a stink when he wasn't included in Sonic Heroes.
Rumor has it that when the person that created Mighty left Sega, he took the copyrights to the character with him. So the chances of Mighty appearing in another Sonic game in the future is very very slim, unfortunately.

Indeed. And it makes me sad to know that. Mighty and Espio were the best combination on Knuckles' Chaotix. But hey, I'm still curious about this game. Heck, everyone loves Mario RPG, so it was only a matter of time.

mabfan55

Sonic on the Sega Mega drive (genesis) is the golden age of the game. The newer ones are more shiny but lack game play in my opinion.
I'm outraged at the x box 360 game so buggy also the storyline does not gel right i wasted my money on it hence i am going to wait for some positive reviews before my next purchase.

Kenji

Quote from: mabfan55 on July 02, 2007, 04:47:57 PM
Sonic on the Sega Mega drive (genesis) is the golden age of the game. The newer ones are more shiny but lack game play in my opinion.
I'm outraged at the x box 360 game so buggy also the storyline does not gel right i wasted my money on it hence i am going to wait for some positive reviews before my next purchase.

Heh. My friend was playing it in the store. He tried to turn right to go onto a bridge, but sonic just ran off the other side of the cliff, even though he barely tapped the direction. Yay bad control schemes.

Ironically enough, the guy who makes Sonic said he much prefers them to be 2-d. The reason he went 3-d with it is because "that's what gamers want nowadays".

Xuzaf D

Unfortunately he also thinks that gamers like to fall through the floor to their doom at random points in the game as well.

And when in the hell did water mean instant death? What was the logic there?

llearch n'n'daCorna

"I can't swim, so why should you?" ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Xuzaf D

And you might be.... Frogger?

Manawolf

Mario has set the bar pretty high.  It'll be tough to top it.  Here's hoping they might go with the SatAM cartoon version of Sonic for the basis (after all, it would be what the fans would want most).  If not at least have the characters from that show in it.

Xuzaf D

Isn't the cartoon some messed up "real world" adaptation of the Dreamcast games? Or did they just throw everything in the trash to make it "hip and new?"

Darkmoon

I remember two from back in the 90s. One was awesome. One was... campy awful... Yudge.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Xuzaf D

KarlOmega1

I liked the SatAm one...

Now as for on this topic of the Sonic RPG...I just hope it's a "Real Time" RPG, not a "turn-based" RPG.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

mabfan55

Anyone remember Sonic Underground cartoon?....I think it came after SatAM that would be another good idea for a game.
It would be great if Sonic team just went back to making the 2d games using todays Dvd or HD-DVD or Bly ray technology they could have the Sonic games we all know and love but with Hundreds of levels now that would be amazing ! :)

Xuzaf D

Oh yes... let's concentrate on stories that maximize the amount of non-Sonic side shows to increase the quality of the game. Just look what it did for the last ten Sonic games. :redrum