Nintendo
4 (17.4%)
PC or MAC
11 (47.8%)
OTHER.
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 14

mabfan55

I currently use my Xbox 360 for most games and my PC for others. Depending on the title.
How about you lot ? Just for curiosity to see the tastes of video gaming and style of games.
:mowcookie

Games i usually play
Halo , Quake and Sonic games.
I also like to use the SEGA Mega drive Emulator on my PC a lot.

Aridas

I didn't know consoles were forms of video gaming.

mabfan55

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on July 05, 2007, 04:15:42 PM
I didn't know consoles were forms of video gaming.

Thanks for highlighting my typo.. i tweaked it.

Aridas

Xuzaf D

When I read 'Method' I was thinking about mood lighting and beverages...

Tezkat

Hmm... perhaps something like "Favourite Gaming Platform" would be more descriptive?

I do most of my gaming on the PC. I have no plans to invest in a current generation console, and the types of games I like (strategy games in particular) are very poorly represented on consoles.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Fuyudenki

I voted "Other," because I'm not picky about how I get my video games, as long as I get them.

Having said that, I'm a Playstation fanboy.

xHaZxMaTx

Kryptic

I'm a PS2 person. Unforetunately, mines busted right now.  :cry

Final Fantasy. Okami. .hack.

Yay RPGs.

I also have a Wii/GC, Dreamcast (Yesh. Sega FTW!), and a DS.

So I don't use a computer or a Xbox (though, Viva Pinata is mildly interesting. I love pet/breeding games.)

bill

Big FPS guy, so it's PC all the way.

techmaster-glitch

But the Xbox is the undisputed home of first-person shooters. :B

mabfan55

Quote from: Tezkat on July 05, 2007, 11:02:52 PM
Hmm... perhaps something like "Favourite Gaming Platform" would be more descriptive?

I do most of my gaming on the PC. I have no plans to invest in a current generation console, and the types of games I like (strategy games in particular) are very poorly represented on consoles.

Not just platform. Everything..... style of game etc. its more fun that way . :) Prehaps. Games you like / Dislike also ?
Method is a good word for it me thinks .  :mowhappy

bill

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 06, 2007, 10:47:17 AM
But the Xbox is the undisputed home of first-person shooters. :B
I dispute that.

Oh look, it's not undisputed anymore. Magic!

Miaka

Not much of a gamer, but... What I've been playing most lately has been on the Wii or DS. (Twilight princess and pokemon. :B )

xHaZxMaTx

Kitsune Ascendant

Real close between my pc and my nintendo consoles, but gameboy and super nintendo win this one.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Turnsky

i have a PC, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, and a DS..

the greater majority of my gaming library belongs to my PC, however, and i have a penchant for RPG's, FPS's, and RTS's
some are against that grain, however, as evidenced by my liking of Ace combat and Armored core 4 on the consoles.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Malakin

The only thing consoles are good for are racing and fighting games, every other genre is better suited to the PC as a platform.
And even then if you just buy a USB controller the PC is just better.

About the only advantage is that consoles could be considered cheaper but thats like saying ASDA is better than waitrose because its cheaper...
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Aridas

Consoles are dedicated machines. They don't run some multitasking OS. They have all their resources available for the game, and not only that but it's designed specifically for it. If they made a keyboard and mouse for a console, you'd be throwing your PC out the window, as far as gaming goes.

Xuzaf D

Quote from: Malakin on July 08, 2007, 10:43:56 AM
The only thing consoles are good for are racing and fighting games, every other genre is better suited to the PC as a platform.
I guess all those award winning and best selling Shooters and RPG's for the consoles don't count then? I wonder if you're willing to elaborate as to why that is.

Darkmoon

Peh, I have an Odyssey2, Atari 2600, NES, Sega Master System, Game Boy, Game Gear, Super Nintendo, Genesis, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Playstation, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, N64, Playstation 2, Game Boy Advance, Gamecube, XBox, Nintendo DS, and a Wii, as well as a PC that has been regularly upgraded since 1986 (and yes, they are all still working).

I will say, from experience, that while the PC has had some good games on it, there aren't many games that play better on the PC than they do on the consoles. This is especially true now with the complexity in the new controllers. I've played FPSs on both the newer consoles and the PC, and most times I like the consoles just as well as the PC.

It's not a matter of the system, it's a matter of the company putting the time in the best suit the game to whatever platform it's on... but then, that's always the case.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Aridas

And now there's the wii, where you can physically aim with the remote and move with the nunchuk. NEW FAVORITE.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Malakin on July 08, 2007, 10:43:56 AM

Like Dalmuda implied; Do you even know what the hell you're talking about? Cuz it sounds like you don't.

The only two things that the PCs really can do that consoles aren't quite so good at (but can still do) are RTS/TBS (cuz mouse>analogue stick when micromanaging) and MMORPG.

Everything else is covered best by consoles.

Oh yeah, And I'll give props to PCs for mods. But that's pretty much it.

Consoles are dedicated machines. They don't run some multitasking OS. They have all their resources available for the game, and not only that but it's designed specifically for it. If they made a keyboard and mouse for a console, you'd be throwing your PC out the window, as far as gaming goes.
That too.
And now there's the wii, where you can physically aim with the remote and move with the nunchuk. NEW FAVORITE.
And that.

Turnsky

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 08, 2007, 11:15:52 AM
Peh, I have an Odyssey2, Atari 2600, NES, Sega Master System, Game Boy, Game Gear, Super Nintendo, Genesis, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Playstation, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, N64, Playstation 2, Game Boy Advance, Gamecube, XBox, Nintendo DS, and a Wii, as well as a PC that has been regularly upgraded since 1986 (and yes, they are all still working).

I will say, from experience, that while the PC has had some good games on it, there aren't many games that play better on the PC than they do on the consoles. This is especially true now with the complexity in the new controllers. I've played FPSs on both the newer consoles and the PC, and most times I like the consoles just as well as the PC.

It's not a matter of the system, it's a matter of the company putting the time in the best suit the game to whatever platform it's on... but then, that's always the case.

Console ports to the PC are a case in point here, some developers don't put in the time to even think about making it work right with a PC/mouse combo.
See: Resident Evil 4 PC.

Ryudo Lee

I built my PC from scratch specifically for heavy graphic-intensive gaming.  I find that with the right hardware combinations (read: enough money spent), most games that have console counterparts (and vice versa) end up looking and running better on the PC.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

bill

Actually, I love PC racing games much more than console racing games. PC games tend to have excellent user-made mods, and the game I'm currently addicted to, rFactor, was made specifically for users to mod it. For example, the game includes a fictional Formula 3 series, Formula 1-like series, and a BMW Sauber F1 car. Right now, I'm downloading a German Porsche Carrera Cup Series mod, a Formula 1 1979 mod, and a Renault Megane mod.

TheDXM

I'm a really twitchy gamer, and action titles tend to function better on console, plus I don't have a lot of money to immediately exercise the range of upgrades that PC typically requires to get the best out of it.

So I'm pretty loyal to the console genre, but with that said, I know all too well that just about everything is better on PC.

So my current list:

Low-end PC (Runs Morrowind fine to give you an idea)
Ps2,
Xbox (because it's fun to mod.)

I've got a few classic consoles too, but don't use them for much more than novelty, so I'll leave them out

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: BillBuckner on July 09, 2007, 08:58:37 PM
... and a Renault Megane mod.

Ok, putting that into a Burnout or Carmageddon style game, and I'll put money down for it. I -hate- those ugly cars, and that'd be jsut too hysterical for words ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

You can drive backwards into the pack if you want.  >:3

Turnsky

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on July 09, 2007, 11:16:23 AM
I built my PC from scratch specifically for heavy graphic-intensive gaming.  I find that with the right hardware combinations (read: enough money spent), most games that have console counterparts (and vice versa) end up looking and running better on the PC.

hence the reason i get most RPG's on PC; Modifications.