OverLord

Started by ShadowStep, July 13, 2007, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowStep

Please only post here if you've played the game. If you havent and want to ask a question thats ok but I really dislike spam. Just asking I wont get mad or anything if you do

Anywhey, anyone played this game? I finished it with only about 5% corruption.... Yaaaaaaaaaay.... Now im gonna go be REALLY ebil... Like that old lady that lives across the street...

*Looks out the window*

She's still stairing at me T_T

Reese Tora

finished the game? :<

So far, I've only played the downloadable demo, but I'm already impressed just from that.

The controls are weasy to use and require a minimum of finesse... with the exception of the "complex route" minion control, which I suck at.

I like the idea of building up the stronghold and restoring powers, but I wonder how linear the game is.  Obviously the introductory level needs to be fairly straight forward and easy, but, frmo the demo, Overlord seemed to contain more straightforward puzzle oriented game play than open-ended content.

--edit--

since many may not have heard of the game, a brief synopsis:

You, the main character, are an evil overlord recently resurected (or something) and set to restore your evil tower to it's former glory.  You do this by summoning minions and making them do stuff.  The game is played from a 3rd person over-the-shoulder perspective centered around the overlord.

More info (and the demo) can be found on the official webpage, here:
http://www.codemasters.com/overlord/index.php
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

ilpalazzo

Got it, BEST EVIL GAME EVER.... Steal the villagers food and kill them, go get your mistress.

This game shows the life of an evil lord. PLAY IT!

Xuzaf D

I've played the demo over X-box Live. Sort of neat, but I really didn't care for it. I'd rather just make an evil murderer in Oblivion.

ShadowStep

It's not the best game ever... But if you ask me, it's a hell of a lot better than Pikmin ^^;