A kid friendly mario game?

Started by Eowyn, July 03, 2007, 12:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eowyn

What Eowyn types- wwwwwwhrr                mmaaaaaattooooooo
What Eowyn says- Mario? where? Mario?
What Eowyn means- Is there a Mario game out there I can play easy, soon, or with help?

Brunhidden says- for the past week she has been holding up a game informer magazine and saying 'mario' over and over. I think she is trying to tell me something so i brought her here, my knowlege of mario being obsolete.

What Eowyn types- pppppyyy,,,,,,,,,,,,pppppyyyyydssssttttt
What Eowyn says- Play? paysa
What Eowyn means- I have a Playstation2, that might pose a problem so price of a system is an issue

Xuzaf D

insanekaosx

The most basic of Marios is the original Super Mario Bros. for NES, move, jump, and run. Its easy to get on Ebay, or in less money-spending ways if you roll that way.

Aridas

The only things i can think of were those old educational mario games... >_>

Reese Tora

Quote from: insanekaosx on July 03, 2007, 12:31:57 AM
The most basic of Marios is the original Super Mario Bros. for NES, move, jump, and run. Its easy to get on Ebay, or in less money-spending ways if you roll that way.

If you look around, you can probalby find a gameboy classic games version of the original super mario bros. game, I dunno how developed eowyn is, so I couldn't guess if she could handle a gameboy system very well or not.

Video games offer excelent stimulation of the mind and of hand-eye coordination to developing children, btw. ;) Just make sure you review what they will be playing, and play along with them if possible.  Make gaming a social thing. (kinda like you're introducing her to the forums here...)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Kryptic

I had a Mario "typing tutor" at one point that ran on the computer. That was easy.

Until those stupid Bloopers and Cheep-Cheeps get you in the underwater level. I couldn't type that fast.  :cry

I found a wikipedia page that lists those educational Mario games.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educational_Mario_games

Perhaps you can find "Mario is Missing" or "Mario's Time Machine" online for free/cheap.

Mario's Fundamentals was pretty good too. I can totally remember hearing him say "Go Feesh?"

It's also more than likely that you could find "Mario's Early Years: Preschool Fun" in ROM format for an Emulator to run on your computer.

Not that I'm encouraging a two year-old to break the law, or anything.  :paranoid

If anyone asks... I was never here.

Aridas

a rom of a pc game? >_>

er.. and no, I advise against mario is missing and mario's time machine for a long time. >.>

Kryptic

"Preschool Fun" is SNES-y.

I take it that those two were about equal in quality to the CDI Zelda game? That one's down on the list of worst games evahr.

Aridas

meh, if mario's early years is on the SNES, it probably sucks as compared to the ancient PC version.

And no, it's not about the quality (though the Windows version of mario's time machine is cooler than the SNES one), but the fact that they're useless and not very great for little kids.

xHaZxMaTx

I remember that typing tutor game-thingie!  I sucked at it, but I remember it.

RJ

Mario Party 8 on the Wii might end up being a little easy. Anyone can shake a Wiimote around.

xHaZxMaTx

Don't knock it 'till you've tried it.  And even if you have, you still shouldn't knock it, 'cause it's awesome. :3

lucas marcone

the price of the gamecube has dropped very much you can often pick up used ones cheap. there may be mario super collections like the sonic one but im not too positive on this. the mario parties seem to be relitively easy though. but most sores don't carry game cube games anymore so your best bet is ebay.

lucas marcone

Quote from: The Other Other Dalmunda on July 03, 2007, 12:29:43 AM
WUHTHAFUKISTHIS?

:inglesh

dude lately you've acted like you have a stick shoved up you backside. what's your problem!?!? the man has his daughter actively doing something to increse mental growth and you feel the need to be a prick what's the deal?

Aridas

then why don't you watch your language, lucas?

lucas marcone

i didn't use any of the big four letter words. the worst i got was prick. and correct me if i am wrong....but she can't read yet.

Aridas

RJ

Both of you mind your manners. You're being bad role models.

lucas marcone

RJ

Not me. But thank goodness I'm not the Super Nanny or else I'd have you both on the Naughty Chair in an instant.

Zedd

Im sure she will have a funner time with Marios Time Machine..Least she can learn about history

lucas marcone

:erk RJ, oddly that seems sort of not appropriate for this topic with eowyn in here :P . DON'T HURT MEEEEEEEEE :simon

RJ

Manawolf

To reiterate, try a mario party game, and steer clear of those SNES games that tried to be educational (they just teach history and have no gameplay value whatsoever).

Kryptic

Quote from: lucas marcone on July 03, 2007, 09:53:32 PM
the price of the gamecube has dropped very much you can often pick up used ones cheap. there may be mario super collections like the sonic one but im not too positive on this. the mario parties seem to be relitively easy though. but most sores don't carry game cube games anymore so your best bet is ebay.

Why buy a GC when Wii is backwards compatible?  :B The Wii also has the older games you can download, too. I personally have Super Mario Bros. on mine...

And I get the odd feeling that maybe she'd like Super Princess Peach, too. According to reviews (I haven't played it. I'm a pokemaniac at the mo.) it's really easy.

Manawolf

Which I believe was the intention.  It was a game for the average girl to play, and just like on the internet, since there are so few girl gamers, the difficulty was racheted back so it would be fun for everyone.

Xuzaf D

Quote from: lucas marcone on July 03, 2007, 09:56:24 PM
Quote from: The Other Other Dalmunda on July 03, 2007, 12:29:43 AM
WUHTHAFUKISTHIS?

:inglesh

dude lately you've acted like you have a stick shoved up you backside. what's your problem!?!? the man has his daughter actively doing something to increse mental growth and you feel the need to be a prick what's the deal?
I actually got around to posting before I had realized that the similar looking posts filled with gibberish were not a spammer claiming to be 2, but an actual two year old playing with a keyboard.

It's nice to see that when you do have that knowledge you like to use such words as "prick."

Anyway... as for the topic, that I guess is taking place, I really don't think there is such a thing as a two year old appropriate video game, at least in the traditional sense that we're still talking about a game. However, If we go more towards interactive edutainment, we might start to see something toddler appropriate. After that I draw a blank...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: The Other Other Dalmunda on July 04, 2007, 10:26:22 AM
I actually got around to posting before I had realized that the similar looking posts filled with gibberish were not a spammer claiming to be 2, but an actual two year old playing with a keyboard.

We (ie, the administration team) are reasonably heavy-booted towards spam. If it's still there after 24 hours, it's probably not spam. :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

lucas marcone

Quote from: Kryptic on July 04, 2007, 01:30:02 AM
Quote from: lucas marcone on July 03, 2007, 09:53:32 PM

Why buy a GC when Wii is backwards compatible?  :B The Wii also has the older games you can download, too. I personally have Super Mario Bros. on mine...

And I get the odd feeling that maybe she'd like Super Princess Peach, too. According to reviews (I haven't played it. I'm a pokemaniac at the mo.) it's really easy.

eowyn ment  "I have a Playstation2, that might pose a problem so price of a system is an issue "