6/13/07 New iMow!

Started by Netrogo, June 15, 2007, 11:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netrogo

That's great, it ACTUALLY gives me a desire to own a mac XD
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Zedd

Netrogo

I was thinking the Pip model. A comp that bites might keep idiots from messing up my system XD
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Sunblink

Man oh man, if they sold those I would buy an Abel one without hesitation. Or should I get a Pip one? Decisions.

*gets a get-well-soon card for Amber's computer*

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Aisha deCabre

...<<...>>...  *steals the Abel one*

On another note, cute update indeed.  But PCs are still for me.  Or should I say, my whole family as well.   :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Naldru

So would Fa'Lina be an 8 core Intel iMow?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Cogidubnus

Valynth

Shouldn't he be holding an alien probe instead of a gun?  I mean, that's closer to what Microsoft has done and will continue to do....
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Feroluce

agreed, Microsoft = B.O.H.I.C.A

Talashar

wouldn't these models make Great forum avatars ?

Aridas

Quote from: Valynth on June 15, 2007, 11:56:07 PM
Shouldn't he be holding an alien probe instead of a gun?  I mean, that's closer to what Microsoft has done and will continue to do....
Well, other than the microsoft logo there, there's nothing in it that links specifically to microsoft, especially since we're talking "PC" here and not "Windows".

Mashi

Yeah, people. Ever heard of "Linux" or other open source operation systems?

I used to have a iMac like that, but it died last year and it made me sad. D:
Now I have a Blue and White G3 with really pathetic innards. 384MB of RAM, OH GOD WHY?

I want to get at least a G4 so I can upgrade to OSX Tiger. I wonder if the G4 can take other sticks of RAM besides PC 100.

[/17-year-old female mac nerd talking smart and confusing everyone because she won't STFU]

llearch n'n'daCorna

s'ok, Mashi. There's enough other geeks here that we understand you easily... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Naldru

You are starting to make me drool.  What I'm looking forward to is one of the new Intel Mac's so that I can load it with Parallels and then install Linux, Solaris, Windows (reluctantly), and an Amiga emulator  (I have two Amigas so that I can legally use the copies of the ROM's.)  I am now going to dig up my O'Reilly Windows Annoyances t-shirt and go to a computer club meeting.

I was once walking through a local college campus when a person asked me if I was the person she was supposed to meet.  I told her I wasn't, but I was curious why she selected me out of all the people around.  She told me she was told to look for a six foot geek.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

rt

Ooh spots!   :giggle I think this is the new imac colour .. colours? .. pattern?
Pip mac seems a little dangerous to me as well.

Damaris

If you really want to use one for a avatar, sweet talk Darkmoon.  He drew all five fully and layered them into the comic.  He might save one in a conveniently usable form for you if properly lauded.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Kenji

I'll take the Dan one. Even if the Pip one instantly makes me think of "Patamon".
The Abel one looks like it has chicken pox...

Tapewolf

Macs are evil, you've got to keep a tight rein on them.  When I plugged mine in, the first thing it did was break into next door's wireless network and start to download things.  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Darkmoon

That's not evil. That's awesome.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Valynth

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on June 16, 2007, 02:10:39 AM
Quote from: Valynth on June 15, 2007, 11:56:07 PM
Well, other than the microsoft logo there, there's nothing in it that links specifically to microsoft, especially since we're talking "PC" here and not "Windows".

Considering is says "Microsoft" at the bottom of the image that is on the forum and we all know who Apple is targeting.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Tapewolf

This was from Slashdot, in a recent thread about the Windows port of the Safari browser, which originally shipped with a number of extremely dangerous bugs. 

Mac: Hello, I'm a Mac...
PC: ...and I'm a PC.
Mac is looking through a small viewfinder, looking very absorbed
PC: Hey Mac.
Mac: Yeah?
PC: What are you doing?
Mac: I'm browsing the internet with Safari.
PC: I do the same thing with IE.
Mac: You should try Safari. It's fast, secure, and easy to use.
Mac hands the viewfinder to PC
PC: Oh, thanks.
PC looks into the viewfinder and keels over, dead
Mac shrugs

(Original ref:  http://apple.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=238189&cid=19474175 )

Nerikull

*sigh* I guess I'm just going to keep on being a PC devotee.

Always have used PC, guess I always will.

However....I looked over the specs of the higher end Macs, and wondered just why the gaming companies haven't taken advantage of that? I mean......holy frig! Macs are insanely powerful (if you make them that way).

THey could be the tr00 gaming rigs.

*cough*
Ah well, I'll just be content to do as the tentacles command me.
--Nerikull Murakami
"When life hands you lemons, chuck them back until life hands you the winning lottery ticket!"

techmaster-glitch

One of he reasons is that Mac mice only one mouse button. One of my friends recently went into a long, eloquent, and LOUD monologue, expressed in so many ways, on just just how much he HATES MACS. One of the main focuses of his rant was the one mouse button problem. I almost couldn't stand because I was laughing so hard for about as long as he was ranting. I think it went on for at least a full five minutes.

bill

Do they still have only one mouse button?

*remembers old joke*

"Name ONE thing that your PC can do that my Mac can't."
"Right click."

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 16, 2007, 11:45:49 AM
I don't remember.  This one didn't have a mouse at all, so it's got a generic 3-button optical one.  Not being able to right-click would suck.

Mashi

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 16, 2007, 11:48:34 AM
Quote from: BillBuckner on June 16, 2007, 11:45:49 AM
I don't remember.  This one didn't have a mouse at all, so it's got a generic 3-button optical one.  Not being able to right-click would suck.

Well, mine does. Because this is the old dead iMac's mouse. I meant to switch out. :{{
When I get my G3, I want all my hardware to match. Right now I have this Dell monitor...'cuse me a moment. *takes picture of desk* Mmm, that's one for the Facebooks.
Once I get that G4 I oh-so-want, I'm going to switch out this keyboard/mouse for a black set. Mac HQ has like, five billion of 'em. I love Mac HQ.

...On the original subject of meeses, I believe they do still have the one button.
And "right-clicking" on a Mac is actually control+click. I'm so used to it now I've forgotten how any PC works.
I LOVE LAMP MAC.

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 16, 2007, 10:07:31 AM
Macs are evil, you've got to keep a tight rein on them.  When I plugged mine in, the first thing it did was break into next door's wireless network and start to download things.  >:3

interesting I did the same thing with my laptop XP proffesional computer.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

thegayhare

and here is my buddy Pyromancy's version

http://www.furaffinity.net/full/422257/

Edit: Just made the image clickable... Don't mind me. :-]

techmaster-glitch

Yep, Macs still only have one mouse button, because the macs in question that my friend was ranting about were brand new(or at least they looked brand new)

GabrielsThoughts

the power macs are a joke if you get a Mac at all get a laptop that supports both.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.