Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC) [PG/14] - Open - New players welcome!

Started by Ryudo Lee, June 07, 2007, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryudo Lee

Rating: PG/14 (somewhere between the PG and 14 rating pandas) set on: 1/3/08 (Rating subject to change based on content)

-List of characters-

This list is current as of: 2/16/08

Currently active players:
Arcalane - "Exo" - EXO-2000 M.F.A.U
Azlan - Morgan Kell
Dannysaysnoo - Lewis Nicolas
lucas marcone - Josh Kierrie
Prof B Hunnydew - Dr. Sally Joywaves M.D
Tapewolf - Dorcan Ja'Fell
techmaster-glitch - Jexx

Players no longer playing (keeping links to characters in case they want to jump back in):
BillBuckner - Jack Griffith
Boogeyman - Mister
Catffeinated - Gerald
Kryptic - Baiye Whytehawk
Paladin Sheppard - Victor Davion
Rammenstein - Ram "Eraser" Ei'Sona

- ORIGINAL POST -

I've been wanting to get away from the strictly fantasy RP's that I've been in, so I've been toying with a dark-ish cyberpunk-ish sci-fi/fantasy RP for awhile now.  It's undergone a lot of changes, and I think I've settled on something that vaguely resembles a cross between System Shock and FF6.  So, if anyone's interested in RP'ing in such a world, here's the info.

Backstory
Once upon a time, magic was plentiful in the world.  Magic was used to create, to heal, to make art and music.  Magic was helpful and beautiful.  Unfortunately, like most things, magic was also used to destroy.  When the magic of descruction was discovered, there was a split in the population.  One side believed firmly that magic should only be used for good.  The other side believed that magic was to be nothing more than a weapon.  These opposing beliefs clased so much so that eventually war engulfed the world.

Magic nearly destroyed the world.

Many years later, science and technology rebuilt the world.  With magic all but forgotten, the people of the world turned to technology to create, to heal, to make art and music.  And for a time, everyone seemed happy.  Everyone felt safe.  But it would not last.  Rumors of people exhibiting strange abilities began to surface.  The rumors only grew when suggestions were made that these strange abilities are, in fact, magic trying to come back into the world.

A highly zealous group known as The Brotherhood of the Machine came up and began a campaign to eliminate all magic in the world.  The Brotherhood appear in black robes, adorned with circuit lines in either silver or gold, and wear face plates with no visible holes for eyes or mouth.  They reside in large black towers near the major cities of the world.  They ruthlessly hunt down anyone suspected of using magic, even killing innocent people out of suspect of harboring magic users.  Their methods are considered by many to be very strong-arm, to speak lightly.  But people join their crusade out of fear of another world engulfing war.  Those who join are never heard from again.  As The Brotherhood grew, they soon turned religious, worshipping technology and one they call "Mother".

In their eyes, Mother is the only god.  Technology is her hand.  Magic is an affront to Mother.  Magic, those who practice it, and those who harbor magic users, must be destroyed.

As people are want to do in these situations, a rebellion was founded.  These rebels, while not interested in the revival of magic, do however oppose The Brotherhood's methods.  They want to answer certain questions: Who is this "Mother"?  What happens to the people who join The Brotherhood?  What do they do with the magic users that they take away?  Are they killed, or is something else happening?  What is in those big black towers?  These questions go unanswered, and the rebels fight diligently to answer these questions, and right the wrongs that The Brotherhood commits in their efforts to wipe out magic.

~~~

So, that's the story.  If anyone's interested in playing, I have a couple of rules.

--No one should be in The Brotherhood.  They're the bad guys, obviously.  (And before you ask, no, Mother is not SHODAN.)

--You can be in the rebellion if you want, but individual travellers and mercenary groups are good too.  The party members should be able to flow well with each other, so please, I ask that, at the very least, your characters should have at least a neutral stance when it comes to magic users.  Magic sympathizers are welcome.

--Tech levels are futuristic.  Cybernetic implants, nano-tech, lasers, androids, airships/spaceships, etc.  If you're unsure, ask.

--If you want to be a magic user, keep in mind that doing so puts your character at risk.  Magic is highly toned down at this point in time.  You'd only be able to use minor magic at first, but as time goes on I do plan on making magic get stronger, so eventually the tech levels and magic levels will even out.

--Being any form of psychic does not count as being a magic user, so that is allowed and most likely won't get you killed.  Psy power will also eventually even out with tech and magic levels.

~~~

Please post your characters if you're interested.  I'd like at least four people in the group.  When posting your character please note the following things.
Name
Magic User?
Psychic?
Tech usage (if any - implants, nanomachines, cybernetic limbs, etc)
Faction (Rebellion, mercenary group, individual)
Physical Description

~~~

If there's a sufficient interest in this, then I'll start an IC thread for it.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Boog

Name: Never given one, often referred to as Mister by those who encounter him

Age: It's hard for me to figure out the timescale here. Lets file him under "old"

Sex: androgenous

Tech usage: He's a quasi-magical construct, so... Some? Mostly steam powered systems, prodigious physical strength, capable of shooting superheated blasts of steam (tends to be sluggish immediatly after), and has wheels in his wrists and ankles allowing him to move at speeds of 6 mph on a flat road (about the speed of the first cars).

Magic usage: Preprogrammed knowledge of a handful of healing and nature related spells. Also powered and operated by an ongoing enchantment. Seeing as he runs on magic, he isn't able to actually use very much of it and thus only uses his spells about once per month, tops.

Faction: individual

Appearance: Mainly humanoid, with eight bent pipe-organ like pipes coming out of his back that vent steam every so often. His face has a grille over where a human would have a mouth, and two blank, featureless eyes that seem more decorative than anything else (able to see and speak just fine though).  Large, almost wedge shaped body, slightly hunched posture, and stands at about 6'7"

History: After magic decimated the world, technology rose as magic was forgotton. Mister was built during that transition phase as a golem for doing various odd jobs. His owner was a rather rich fellow with an expansive estate, and thus he mainly put Mister to work as a gardener and gameskeeper. The owner is long gone, but he still tends the estate. Every so often someone will wander into the overgrown wilderness that has grown up around said estate, and when they come out again they spread tales of an old, old machine, plodding along and tending to its flowers...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Is Mother Zuul? ;-]

Interested, but will think it over for a bit first. Don't want mary sue, and may be short of ideas. Back in a while....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Definately perked my interest. I've got a character in mind, but I'm going to see if I can upload a pic first. I prolly won't be around for about 24 hours, though, cuz I'm going to Ohio by airplane, and I will be there for about two weeks. I'll see what I can do when I get there.

Paladin Sheppard

Name: Victor Davion
Sex: Male
Magic User?: No
Psychic?: No
Tech usage: Right arm and portions of upper legs are cybernetic (strength with blades built into wrist), Enhanced nervous system (Speed and accuracy and link to Mobile Armor Weapon System) Dermal armor implant covering Chest and back. Eyes (Zoom, Night and IR vision)
Faction: Merc/Individual (Last surviver of a Black Brotherhod job gone bad)
Physical Description:
     Eyes: Blue
     Hair: Blond
     Height: 165cm
     Weight: 75kg

At 165cm Victor isn't the tallest of men but few mistake him for height equaling weakness. While not massively muscled he is well proportioned. His blue eyes are the colour of blue slate. All augmentics are covered in a RepFlesh*TM and are undetectable bar the wrist blade port and the 4 connectors at the back of his neck for his MAWS and cycbernet access.

Is this ok?

Edit: And also requesting permission on the following equipment...

GRZ-1C Grizzly MAWS:
A 3 meter tall armored suit armed with a mission based weapons load; A 30mm Sniper system, Gatling Laser Cannon, Anti-veichle Missile launcher, Heavy Particle Cannon and a nano edge two handed clamore sword.
Built into the neck are micro lasers and it has a jump system allowing it to jump up to 100m in any direction.

MAS12 Shotgun: Multiple ammo types including: HEAP, Solid slug, Shot and flares.

Viper5 Laser/Plasma pistol: Fires a bolts of laser accelerated plasma.

techmaster-glitch

Just wanted to elaborate on my earlier comment:
My interest is not just perked, i REALLY want in on this RP. Unfortunatly everythings in a hustle right now as me and my family are trying to load up the suburban to to the airport for our trip to Ohio. I will post my character as soon as I can when I'm there.

So, Techmaster-Glitch is definately on the list. Count me in.

quickedit: Damn, Paladin. Powerplaying much?  :P  though if that gets in then I will definatly have to upgrade my character also  :mowdizzy

Ryudo Lee

Boogey: Looks like we've found our new office cut-up. :)  Seriously, that looks like it will work.  An insight into Mister's attitude and how we might be able to get him into the party?

Pal: The implants seem okay, but let's downplay the powered armor suit.  This isn't meant to be a giant robot RP.  The shotgun and pistol are alright though.

Kryptic

Name: Baiye (Prounounced Bay) Whytehawk

Appearance: A lanky, somewhat petite girl (Height 5' 6", Weight 122). Her hair was originally dirty blonde, but now dyed a silvery-white, it's in a jaw-length crop that accentuates her heart-shaped face. Her eyes are a clear gray, but usually clouded in concentration.

Technology Background: Being born a "geek" in the age of machines made her a bit more than the average user. She develops and wears her own electronics - including a computer-visor/headset and a cybernetic glove that can handle even the most delicate of hacking jobs. Fluent in almost every electronic language, she's recently built and developed her own "Cainoid" - an android-dog that functions more as a database and utility than pet. Baiye also is relatively gifted at hacking, computer maintenance, mechanics, and repair.

Magic Background: She knows no magic herself, and is actually rather afraid of it. She doesn't blame it on the users of magic however, and considers the Brotherhood wrong in it's persecution of people. She does get a little queasy though, around high-level magic users.

Faction: New Rebellion member

I'll write up more on her personality later - it pretty much what one would expect, I suppose. c:

Paladin Sheppard

Well at the moment I was going to say the armor is pretty much spare parts more than a working suit after his last job :P But if repaired along the way it could be usefull against the Brotherhood. But if you want em to shuck the armor thats ok the shotty and pistol will do me fine :3

Arcalane

A little longwinded, but I enjoyed writing this one. >:3

Name: "Exo" - EXO-2000 M.F.A.U

Species: Prototype Mech/Warbot

Sex: N/A

Magic User: Definitely Not

Psychic: Again, Definitely Not

Tech Usage: 100% Machine, Baby

Faction: The Rebellion

--

Physical Description:

Constructed as a prototype warmachine, the EXO-2000 M.F.A.U was designed to be one of the new toys for the Brotherhood in their hunting of mages. However, before it could be completed, Rebels raided the facility and destroyed most of the research. When they found the prototype, there were two opposing groups. One side wanted to destroy the machine before it could be completed. The others wanted to save it from the Brotherhood and stop them from using it.

Eventually, the groups settled on a compromise. Whilst they would not destroy the machine, they wiped it's prototype programming and made off with it. They then reprogrammed it themselves, giving it a rudimentary learning intelligence. Slowly, the artificial intelligence grew and was slowly fed information regarding the Brotherhood - exposed to both their propoganda and the terrible truth behind their campaigns, given a viewpoint outside of the entire scenario. In this way, the Rebellion hoped it would make it's own decision.

And it did, in time. Once the machine was sure, it made it's decision. That day was the same day it first spoke. Admittedly, it didn't speak much. All it said was "This ends. Now." which threw the immediate bystanders into confusion, until they noticed it was commenting on the Brotherhood's latest atrocity.

Exo stands roughly six and a half feet tall, a powerfully built frame, plated with alloy armour and reinforced internally. The design is built to withstand both physical and magical trauma, leaving it perhaps a little bulkier than usual, and thus slower than others of it's kind. Painted in a dull grey/black scheme, Exo's armour is lightly reflective, providing decent protection against laser weaponry, whilst the ceramic components shrug off plasma damage effectively.

Exo's optics have a slew of modes such as infrared, low-light and ultraviolet imaging. The powersource is unknown, buried deep within the unit's chassis, and provide it with near limitless energy. A limited supply of nanomachines supply a natural healing capability, allowing it to recover at approximately the same rate a human would, given ample matter to reconstruct with.

It does not have any networking capabilities - Rebellion technicians made sure to sever all possible links in order to prevent the Brotherhood regaining control of their little toy, or trying to infect it. Exo is a single unit and cannot interface with other networks nor other machines.

--

Equipment:

Whilst the prototype was due to be heavily armed with integrated weaponry, the site was raided before most of it could be installed. Rebellion scientists supplied Exo with it's own blueprints and allowed it to advise them on potential modifications. It was upgraded with the following internal weapons;

Left Hand: Thundershock Pads
Right Hand: Thundershock Pads
Left Forearm: Pulse Laser
Right Forearm: Pulse Laser

Thundershock Pads:
These pads and special wires installed into the hands allow it to dispense powerful electrical shocks into anything it's holding. They are purely technological in nature.

Pulse Laser:
A low-power low-output pulse laser. Little more needs to be said here - they are weak, but have their uses.

All other firepower comes from whatever it can lay it's hands on, such as these;

Longsword, Reinforced
A fairly average - though custom made - longsword, this specially made weapon has been reinforced. Exo wields it one-handed, despite it's 3ft blade. It was also modified to allow Exo to discharge electrical attacks through the handle using his Thundershock system, down into the blade and into the victim. The weapon's sheath crosses over Exo's back above it's right shoulder.

"Flare" Heavy Pistol
Most beings would struggle to hold this weapon two-handed, nevermind one-handed as Exo wields it, and for good reason; it weighs a good deal more than it looks to! Each magazine holds 12 of the pistol's distinctive incendiary rounds, each of which explodes on impact, setting it's target on fire if it doesn't kill it. It's rate of fire is somewhat slower than an average pistol, naturally. The Flare's holster is on Exo's left 'hip', and it carries several spare magazines.

It's other weapons are whatever it can pick up and swing or shoot, and it's 'natural' strength.

--

Personality:

Exo's a bit of a blank slate, personality wise. It is cold and detached, though not by choice - it has not had much time to form bonds with those around it due to the Rebellion's nature. It tends to treat everything in a rather deadpan manner, maintaining a very serious air about it even in the face of extreme danger. Rebellion soldiers attribute this to the machine's lack of mortality and a true mortal soul, and also find working with it slightly unnerving. Nevertheless, they are glad for it's assistance, and repeatedly state that it is a reliable ally in a fight.

Exo is not truly emotionless, it just doesn't really have any yet, as it doesn't know what they are.

Exo does not have many beliefs. It believes in very basic things; peace, equality, justice, etcetera. and it also believes - quite firmly - that what the Brotherhood is doing is wrong, seeing magic as an old and perhaps venerable art that needs to be restored to it's former glory, but tended to, to prevent the old catastrophe that struck before.

As a purely mechanical being, Exo is considerably more logical and efficiency driven than his flesh and blood counterparts. However, he lacks intuition and creativeness, making him a predictable opponent, though he fights with considerably greater strength than mortals. It 'enjoys' working with others, and uses these opportunities to learn more about people.

Summary; whilst Exo tends to unnerve teammates due to it's personality, it is nevertheless a valuable ally.

--

History:

The EXO-2000 project was the successor to the EXO-1800 project - several 1800s were deployed, but many were lost in the field due to poor understanding of the capabilities of many of the mages 1800s were sent after, or intercepted by Rebellion agents. The 2000 built on these failures, fixing them, but was interrupted before it could be completed. Lab documents also indicated the existance of the EXO-2100 project, but gave no more information. See physical description for more historical details pertaining to the unit itself.

Tapewolf

I'm tempted.  Owing to inexperience I'll likely not join in the first wave, but as you may know I'm a big fan of System Shock and Deus Ex.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ryudo Lee

Okay so I got Mister, Victor, Exo, and Baiye.  I guess we can start with this group.  Others can join in at any time.

techmaster-glitch

Gha. i'm not even gon 24 hours and the RP already starts. I was counting on at least a week, maybe two. Blargh.
Oh well, I will have to make do.

Name: Jexx (last name unknown)
Magic User: Maybe? (see background)
Psychic: No
Tech Usage: Lower legs cybernetic, give enhanced speed, reflexes, and jumping
                    capabilities. Both arms completely cybernetic: Hands are both Plasma
                    Cannons (not THAT powerful, think MegaMan's Buster, but this guys has it on
                    both hands) Can nanomorph cannons into actuall hands, but he only does
                    that when he actually has to pick up or manipulate something. Otherwise, he
                    just walks around with them out at most times. He can ONLY
                    nanomorph his hands, nothing else.
Faction: Individual
Physical Description:
Since the RP already started, there is no way in hell I am going to figure out how to get my character's pic upoaded. So, instead, I will give instructions on how to make him yourself. I made the character on a little flash game on Newgrounds called Create A Fursona v.2., coincedentally, right before this RP started, so he was perfect.
here is the flash
Directions: first I will list the option, the the number of times you must click on the RIGHT arrow above each option, then the color the option must be set to (unless it is already correct)

Ok here are the instructions:
(character is male btw)
First off: Body Color-set to Black
Body Markings: click FOUR times, color already correct
Chest: leave alone
Shirt: leave alone
Logo: leave alone
Arms: click THREE times, color already correct
Hands: click TWELVE times (you should have what look like cannons) Color already correct
Top accessories 1: click EIGHT times, color already correct
Top accessories 2: click SIX times, color already correct
Weapons: leave alone
Pants: click SEVEN times, set color to Black
Shoes: click TWO times, color already correct
Bottom Accessories 1: click FOUR times, set color to Red
Bottom Accessories 2: leave alone
Eyes: click TWO times, set color to Red
Eyebrows: click ELEVEN times, color already correct
Chin: click FOUR times, color already correct
Nose: click FOUR times,
Mouth: click TEWLVE times,
Ears: click THREE times, colcor alredy correct
Back hair: click EIGHT times, color already correct
Hair/Bangs: leave alone
Hair/Hats: click THIRTEEN times, color already correct
Face accessories 1: leave alone
Face accessories 2: click THREE times, color already correct
Wings: leave alone
Tail: click ONCE, set color to Black

And there you have my character
(and yes, I'm sure a few people may probably think that all that was completley unnessesary, but you didn't HAVE to make my character yourself if you didn't want to :P)

For anyone who DID think to skip that, his arms/legs have already been decribed, but this is the rest of him: He has almost completely black fur, bit with some white on his chin and tail. He wears black pants ripped at the knees, so they are actually shorts, and the color matches his fur. He wears spike collars on his neck and arms. He has strange red markings along his torso, as well as a red X on his forehead. His hair is slightly messy, and the tips are jet-black (kinda like Abel) His eyes are red.

OK! now that all of THAT is over, here is his background:
  He actually woke up one day about two years ago in a strange underground laboratory, with Brotherhood of the Machine preists around him. What was bad about this was that he had absolutley no memeory prior to that moment of conciousness (yes, the cliche amnesia :P). He was also shocked to discover that his arms and lower legs we, in fact, cybernetic. He was in fact so shocked by his absense of memory and robotic limbs that he went almost psychotic, and began blasting preists left and right. He then rampaged through the labs, occasionally stoping at a computer terminal he didn't blow up, trying to glean some information about what the hell was going on with him. Most of what little data he managed to sift through was garbage, but he did manage to find out a few things: The first was that he actually wasn't supposed to have woken up yet. From what he could put together, he was some sort of "experiment" that was incomplete (because he woke up) and there were several references to "magic". The codename for the experiment was "Project Fusion". While he doesn't know what this means for himself, if someone observes him closely when he is in combat, you just might see his red markings glowing... Anyway he managed to make it out of the labs, and after wandering around for awhile, he took a vow to find a way to reclaim his memories, and find out what the hell Project Fusion is,  and what Brotherhood wanted with him, even if he has to blast his way through every single preist to accomplish any of those goals. (He also pursues any particularly outward acts commited by the Brotherhood (like the bombing in the IC), because he wants to try to get his hands around the neck of at least one live Brotherhood preist, if only to strangle the truth out of him. Of course, that may never work, if the Brotherhood has instant-suicide implants or mental conditioning to resist interrogation. They probablyh have both.)

So, is that acceptable?

Ryudo Lee

Works for me.  Enrollment is open so anyone can join in at any time.

Tapewolf

One of the things which is causing me to wait-and-see is that it's a little unclear as to the allowable races.  My guess is that all the players thus far (apart from T.G) have sprung for humans.  If furs are consistent with your setting, I might be tempted to use Joshua or Dorcan from my 'future history' series.

techmaster-glitch

Eeesh, if furres arn't allowed, then I will have to come up with a completely new character from scratch. AND remove my post that I already put in the IC. Crap, I should have waited.

Ryudo Lee

Of course furs are allowed.  I wouldn't do that to you guys. :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Boog

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 07, 2007, 11:30:40 PM
Boogey: Looks like we've found our new office cut-up. :)  Seriously, that looks like it will work.  An insight into Mister's attitude and how we might be able to get him into the party?
In terms of attitude, he's got a fairly gentle nature and doesn't talk much. Being a golem and used to taking orders, he's rather easily bullied. As for how to get him into the party; either they find him and convince him to help them (possibly that that he's been inherited or that he counts as salvage), or the brotherhood shows up and messes up his gardens, thus earning themselves a lifelong enemy. He wouldn't have much reason to leave the estate without some sort of outside interferance.

Arcalane

As a sidenote, my/Exo's syntax for speech and such;

"Speech" is of course speech. It can be heard by anyone nearby, and/or on the other end of a reciever, such as a radio or phone. Bold means extra emphasis by shouting. Underline is emphasis by altering voice. Other emphasis includes 'this' such as "The Brotherhood's 'project' is proceeding well."

[Process] is equivalent to thoughts, though Processes cannot be read by psions or telepaths, since they are mechanical in nature. Processes are not broadcast. "Processed" is equivalent to "thought". [Unit calculates that best course of engagement is frontal assault.]

Obviously, it cannot 'estimate' or 'guess', because it is not fully possessive of organic functions such as abstract thought yet. The learning intelligence will be able to emulate these functions, given sufficient explanation and example.

Exo often refers to itself as "Unit". Others may call it what they wish, though most prefer to use "Exo", as a shortening of it's full 'name'.

Azlan

Name: Morgan Kell
Magic User: No*
Psychic: Yes
Species: "human hybrid" (genetically altered feral fox)
Tech usage:

- Cybernetic skeletal reinforcement - tungsten/aluminum superalloy lattice (reinforces skeletal structure and provides a small measure of armor.  Important for the use of anti-materiel/heavy sniper rifles)
- Semi-organic myomer muscle reinforcement (reinforces musculature to accommodate skeletal reinforcements, moderate increase to strength and provide necessary capabilities for heavy rifles)
- Enhanced nervous system and synaptic acceleration (enhances reaction time and action response)
- Cybernetic Tactical Computer with universal interface jack (links and interfaces with advanced weapons to provide advanced combat functionality, advanced targeting abilities and reaction)
- Internal nanomachine support (maintains cybernetics and supports organic systems)
- Optical enhancements (linked to CTC, aids in targeting and provides infrared, ultraviolet and optical ranging/zoom)
- Auditory enhancements (linked to CTC, aids in threat analysis and provides subvocal, ultrasonic and enables him to hear most transmitted information, i.e. radio, microwave/cellular)
- Psionic Amplifier Implant (first generation prototype designed to boost his inherent abilities and channel them in conjunction with other systems for increased reaction time and anticipation of enemy actions.  The unit functions mostly as designed, but also has expanded his sense into minor kinetic abilities.  The unit also acts to reduce the effectiveness of mental powers used against him by half.)

Faction: individual; former military special forces

Physical Description: Completely human in appearance with the exception of his odd eye and hair colors.  Morgan is a red haired lad with amber eyes and a fair complexion, some exposure to warmer climes has added a minor bit of freckling.  He stands at 1.82 meters in height and is a lithe 63.6 kilograms in weight.   

Background: Morgan Kell is not his real name, it is one he found in an old book (Morgan) and his "father's" family name .  His real name is not known to him, but his unit designation was merely "Fox" referring to his test species genetic base.  Morgan is a member of a government based genetic experiment program to create Universal/Super soldiers with enhanced abilities based on animal analogs.  Integration and genetic manipulation of specific animal stock which replaces and augments the animal DNA with known sequences from the human genome.  The procedure was deemed a failure as the DNA augmentation produced creatures which were for all intensive purposes slightly better humans with a few analogous animal traits (faster reflexes, quick movement, improved senses and similar traits).  The extraordinarily expensive process was deemed a failure and discontinued as a similar effect can be obtained using normal humans and simpler genetic manipulation techniques at a tenth of the cost.  Not one for wasting already paid for 'improved' humans, the government placed Morgan, then simply call "Fox", and the rest of the projects experiments into military programs for special operations units.  From an early age, Morgan and his lab-mates were trained in all manner of skills for use as soldiers.  Morgan excelled at sniping and other duties along the lines of an assassin.  The natural abilities he possessed were not sufficient and he was further augmented with cybernetic enhancements and a first generation psy-implant to exploit weak psychic powers to further enhance his role.  He would have completed the courses if not for the violent and forceful elimination of this black book program by rival government faction forces.  Morgan participated in an escape attempt with his other team mates, but was separated and injured during the flight from the installation.  He managed to stumble upon the hiking cabin of an old university professor, Jeffery Kell, who took in the poor teen and nursed him back to health.  Jeffery offered him a home from his troubled past, a real name and something akin to family, that was 10 years ago. 

Morgan possess an empathic ability to sense surface thoughts which is further enhanced by the psy-implant to channel it into anticipation, augmenting his combat response time and allowing him a far better survival rate as he can anticipate an enemies actions from received surface thoughts.  The power can be tricked as it was during his escape attempt from the pacification of the training base he once called home.  He can scan surface thoughts and may be able to delve in deeper to pick out memories and specific information.  

Morgan can also manipulate energy to a small degree, but this has never been much more then flickering lights or draining cellphone batteries.  This power has a range limitation of 10 to 20m.  This ability is always on and auto-balances the drain across multiple devices, thereby lowering its impact to nearly nil, and is what supplements his cybernetic systems.  This ability will reduce the effectiveness of energy weapons by a small amount, improving the effectiveness of armor.

Morgan also possesses the minor abilities of Aura Perception, allowing him to see psychic and magical auras and emanations, and Mind Shield, providing his only active defense against psychic attack.

The implant awoke the power of telekinesis, but he can do little more then move a coin slowly across a table.  This power also has a range limitation of 10 to 20m.  He utilizes telekinesis in most hostile situations to add a level or two of deflection type armor, reducing the impact of projectiles, melee and brawling.

The downside of the implant is that the unit is an energy conduit, albeit a technological one, to the astral space and magical emanations.  He is a beacon on the astral plane and would find that the presence of magical sources (ley lines) cause throbbing pain in his head akin to a migraine the stronger the source.             

Morgan's astral presence betrays his animal origins, displaying a fluffy tail and fox ears on his head.

Equipment:
General personal items
Laptop style computer
Army standard issue light duty armor
Special duty outfits
Personal communication device (military grade and 'open chipped')
Personal communication device (civilian grade)
Mid-line sport coupe style vehicle

Weapons:

Aestralite AMR2000
Caliber/Cartridge: 15.2mm Armour-piercing fin stabilized discarding sabot
Capacity: 3 round clip
Mode: Single shot
Muzzle velocity: ~1450 m/s
Firing Characteristic: Dart never reaches more than 80 cm above the direct line of sight, can be considered a flat trajectory
Effective range: ~2016 m
Armor Penetration at 1000 m: 40 mm of rolled homogeneous steel armor

The Aestralite AMR2000 is based off of our world's contemporary Steyr IWS 2000 semi-automatic sniper/anti-materiel rifle.  It is a legacy of his military days and is kept in excellent condition despite never having been used for its intended purpose.  It fires the extremely heavy 15.2mm shell, which though not a common caliber is not hard to find for someone with the proper sources.

(2) Breyr Alpha Ion pulse pistols
Type: Ion
Capacity: 20
Mode: single shot and pulse-burst
Effective range: 56 m

A powerful and reasonably common pistol generally found in military service use.  Standard E-cells are easily rechargeable from conventional power sources.

2 Conventional diamond-coated wakizashi style swords

Cybernetic Tactical Computer

The CTC is a fully functional, high grade computer system designed for advanced tactical processing and individual combat superiority.  The CTC will interface with any military electronic unit, enabling an equipped individual to integrate into combat system available.  The CTC provides a direct cyberlink allowing the operative to mentally link with fighter, power armor and vehicles for extreme enhanced reactions, response and targeting. 

The CTC is also a fully functional Duo-tronic central processor with 2048 individual processor cores each possessing 2048 exabytes of cache per core.  The unit possesses significant storage of 200 yottabytes of data space and 24 zettabytes of system RAM for process execution.  The CTC has full wired and wireless access capabilities with port restrictions, firewalling, active filtering and monitoring.  Anti-intrusion, anti-malicious code, etc. algorithms sweep for anything evasive and aggressive enough to sneak through the protection.  The CTC is tied to the optics, auditory and psy-implant subsystems.

The unit is an advanced tactical system which can interface with link enabled hand weapons, achieving a far superior level of accuracy and capability.

The CTC is also linked to the enhanced nervous system, enabling it to make micro-adjustments to a variety of factors that enhance reaction time, coordination and speed up actions.  This also smooths out actions and agility, allowing for more graceful and smoother movements.       
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Paladin Sheppard

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Ryudo Lee

Tapewolf

Okay, here's my submission.  Convoluted, but I think it'll work  >:3
What he is doing there will be explained in my first post, assuming he is accepted.
The only RP I've ever done so far has been Furrae Chronicles, so I'm still kind of new to this.  Please be gentle.

Basic description

Name: Dorcan Ja'Fell
Race: Doberman Incubus (deceased) / Android
Appearance:  Doberman.  Doberman coloured.  Dark bat-like wings.  Muscular build.  Tail and ears full-length.

History

Dorcan was brought up as a renegade member of the brutal Jyraneth clan.  His life was somewhat nondescript until he was hanged on a trumped-up charge of rape about 150 years after DMFA.  Arriving too late to abort the execution, Niall Jakobsohn stole his soul instead, transferring it into the brain of a prototype android frame built by his adopted father, Jakob Pettersohn and customised to resemble his self-image.

Magic

As a synthetic, Dorcan is unable to use any of his former incubus abilities or spells.  However he has been fitted with a number of enchanted crystals to provide him with some basic substitute.
One of these hides his wings and headwings, another provides a basic mind-shield, and another one is designed to steal his soul upon death in order to facilitate recovery.  He also has a magical tattoo for his clan-mark.

System description

Dorcan's frame is internally armoured, with most protection going to his brain and power system.  The power source is a cold fusion generator in his midriff.  The actuators powering his limbs are capable of strength far greater than a normal human or furre would be, but they have been limited to something more typical at his own insistence.
Dorcan's internal systems are maintained by nanite repair units.  His body was designed to replace an existing Being's body in the event of their death rather than for a more specific purpose such as combat.

Possessions

Brown, hooded monk-like cloak.  The hood is sufficiently long to hide his animal features from most angles, and he is wearing a pair of gloves to conceal his hands.  His only other possessions are a two-way signalling device and a remote probe which he was recovering when the dimensional gateway went dead, stranding him.  It essentially a radio controlled car with a video camera and transmitter.  The power system has been upgraded to use a form of microfusion similar to the system in Dorcan's guts.

Skills

Unlike most members of Jyraneth, Dorcan was brought up to use violence as a last resort.  This does not mean that he is helpless.  Indeed, he is quite a capable fighter, but under normal circumstances he will only take up arms in defence.

Dorcan is respectably good at swordfighting and has a basic ability with crossbows.  His modern-day weapons have been limited to airguns and some energy weapons.
He has also been tutored in science and electronics at SAIA, with a refresher course provided by Azrael and Jakob so that he is able to understand and repair most of his own systems where the damage is too severe for his internal maintenance systems.

Ryudo Lee

I guess I should have explicitly stated that this isn't in canon with DMFA in any way.  This is a completely different world.  So Tape, think you can change the incubi/DMFA references?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 10, 2007, 04:47:25 PM
I guess I should have explicitly stated that this isn't in canon with DMFA in any way.  This is a completely different world.  So Tape, think you can change the incubi/DMFA references?

Yeah, I'm quite aware of that, otherwise it would have made my earlier question about whether furs are allowable kind of moot, wouldn't it?  >:3

What I'm actually planning to do is strand Dorcan in your universe by means of dimensional gates, which are canon in DMFA and somewhat underutilized IMHO.  There are actually references to that throughout the description, so I'm guessing you either speed-read it or balked as soon as you hit the word 'incubus' :P

Dorcan isn't actually magic-capable anymore, which (A) means he can't get back under his own power until the magical renaissance you're hinting at takes place, (B) means he isn't going to be horribly overpowered and (C) fits your scenario very nicely without requiring any tweaks.
In addition that fact that he'd be completely lost would make him quite interesting to play...

Ryudo Lee

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 10, 2007, 05:59:57 PM
Okay my bad.  It looks good then.
No problem.  Let's see how it goes...

**EDIT**
Well, that's the intro.  Long, but hopefully amusing.

bill

Rundown
Name: Jack Griffith (Griffy)
Race: Human
H/W: 6'3.5'', 160lbs
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Dark red

------

Stance on Rebellion: Apathetic
Psychic: No
Tech usage: None
Weapons n' Shit:

One Gardner G-PULSE Mk.C
Unlike the ubiquitous Rent-A-Cop G-PULSE Mk.As and Mk.Bs, the Mk.C is only available by mass contract to Gardner Automation itself, and is extremely hard to find even on the black market. While the Mk.A and Mk.B look like, respectively, an over-sized pistol and an under-sized rifle, the Mk.C looks like, as the Modern Arms review so eloquently put it, a "mean son'va bitch". Like the other G-PULSE weapons, the Mk.C runs on power cells. Griffith managed to obtain his personal Mk.C via a bribe to the Coastal Patrol quartermaster.

One Levitt Model One
Iconic, pretty, and the subject of endless debates over it's actual usefulness, the Levitt Model One is a small pistol with a huge following. The Model One is a seemingly ordinary pistol, but the simple engineering and spartan design give it a sense of "class" that other weapons lack. Gun elitists (which do exist) hate this gun, but it's users would defend it to the death. Griffith's model has a silencer and IR flashlight.

Angsty Backstory
Jack Griffith was born to well-to-do parents on a naval base. His father J.R. Griffith, was one of the Navy's most respected amphibious troopers, and trained Jack from a very early age to follow in his footsteps. Everything seemed to go well, and by the age of 25, Jack had been accepted into one of the most prestigious amphibious divisions. Shockingly, he resigned shortly after that, revealing later that his girlfriend (now ex-wife) was a pacifist, and demanded he leave the Navy. Joined the Coastal Patrol on a compromise with his then-wife. Though on paper assigned to Search-And-Rescue, Jack mainly works on armed drug busts.

--------------------------------------

This thingy pass?