Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC) [PG/14] - Open - New players welcome!

Started by Ryudo Lee, June 07, 2007, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryudo Lee

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

techmaster-glitch

Seems this guy wanted to be noticed.  He doesn't look like he's from the Brotherhood.  Rather he looks like he'd blend in with a crowd.  Rebellion?  Was he worth checking out?
Is that supposed to be me, or the guy that's looking at me?

Ryudo Lee

Kryptic

D'aww. Baiye seems so simple next to everybody else and their big shiny stuffs. (Though I feel a bit better that Dorcan's not very armed either)

I think Baiye'd be more prone to use a wrench Ratchet'n'Clank style more than any sort of artillery. Baiye's just not a combat character I suppose. A tech-gifted pilot at best, a humble mechanic more likely.

But if any of you Cyborg/Robot types get out of sorts, at least Baiye's around to fix it.  :B

And I guess I need to update on Gidget's characterness.

As of right now, he's basically a talking canine computer with bad eyesight  (and bad humor too. And a semi-tolerable accent.) Gid's somewhat of a sidekick to Baiye - an all-purpose electronic guinea pig and geeky buddy. In looks, he's appears an average dog (A black/white Cardi Corgi.) - excepting the fact he has small rivets all over the place, as well as what look somewhat like radio antennae inside each ear.

He's rather upgrade-less at the moment (he's only been functional around 6 months - and Baiye's income is rather limited... so no goodies), he probably has a few navigational charts, basic coding abilities, and functions as a rather unique calculator. Other than that, he's just a weird AI rather amused at being a dog, rather than an android.

And I'm sure Gid will get a kick out of meeting any Fur-types. >,< After all, he's just a human-minded android dog on the inside... or is he just chips and wires? I forget.

Any other things concerning Baiye at the moment? I'm quite the newbie to the Sci-Fi realm, (Baiye comes from a Space Fantasy/Furry thing of mine called Empire Star) so I'm reading up on robotics and stuff for the time being. I feel rather stupid. ^^

Ryudo Lee

I think Baiye has a lot of potential for growth.  Just keep doing what you're doing and the opportunity to expand Baiye will come along.

Tapewolf

Out of curiosity, have the Brotherhood confiscated his possessions?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ryudo Lee

No, that was going to be done in the interrogation room, but you're getting sprung.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 11, 2007, 09:51:52 AM
No, that was going to be done in the interrogation room, but you're getting sprung.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if they'd nabbed them before he was 'rescued' or whether they were taken into the room with him.

Ryudo Lee

Whatever you had on your person coming into this world is still on you.  They were going to search you in the interrogation room.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nicely grabbing the wrong end of the stick by the horns, there, Tapewolf, if I may mix my metaphors a bit :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kryptic on June 11, 2007, 05:00:12 AM
D'aww. Baiye seems so simple next to everybody else and their big shiny stuffs. (Though I feel a bit better that Dorcan's not very armed either)

I wasn't sure if it was going to be more of a logic-and-puzzles type game or full of violence.  Come to that I'm still not sure.  Dorcan is a step up from Jakob himself, who is extremely squeamish and doesn't like fighting even in self-defence.  That said, Dorcan's body was designed by Jakob to provide immortality, not invincibility, and he certainly isn't armed - in fact he's carrying what amounts to useless junk in his current predicament.

QuoteAny other things concerning Baiye at the moment? I'm quite the newbie to the Sci-Fi realm, (Baiye comes from a Space Fantasy/Furry thing of mine called Empire Star) so I'm reading up on robotics and stuff for the time being. I feel rather stupid. ^^

May I be so bold as to suggest my 'Future History' series?   >:3

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 11, 2007, 10:36:08 AM
Nicely grabbing the wrong end of the stick by the horns, there, Tapewolf, if I may mix my metaphors a bit :-]
Thanks.  I've always wanted to do that in the FCRP and never really had the chance...

techmaster-glitch

Can't believe I'm so damn late. Haven't had access to a comp for about 12-18 hours, I think. BTW, about Mister and the zealots attacking him, if Mister just kills them, he won't have any motivation for leaving his estate and his precious flowers. But if the (remaining) zealot messes up his flowerbead, THEN I think Mister would go totally psychotic towards the Brotherhood, and make it a personnal mission to take them down. Which is how I was intending for Jexx to meet him. If Mister gets that pissed off, he would almost certainly blast the zealot with huge bursts of steam, and I was originally intending for Jexx to see that. But that doesn't see to be happening fast enough, or not at all. Then Dorcan came in with the portal flash, and i just KNEW the Brotherhood would be all over him in minutes. I was hoping for Jexx to see that, rush over there, anticipating the Brotherhood, and help Docan fight them off. But that happened too fast, and while I was AFK MIA. So now the only option is this stranger, who, for some reason, is looking at me. Honestly, with the way Jexx's peronalitly is set up, being a bit paranoid and mildly psychotic, that man shouldn't even have his head anymore, let alone his life. But since that is the only plotline I have to follow, I've got to take it. No, I'm not blaming you, Ryudo, I was just looking forward to one of those other scenarios.

Ryudo Lee

I think I can still get Mister out of his mansion.  Though trampling the flowers does seem like a good idea.  Boogey, wanna roll with that?

EDIT:

Brings to mind that scene in FF7...
Oh yeah... and don't step on the flowers.
You just stepped all over them!
They're ruined!

techmaster-glitch

Actually, thinking it over, just trampling the flowers might not actually drive Mister to insanity. he'd probably be quite upset, but he could grow them back. The actuall impression I have of Mister is that the estate is his life. His master is long gone, so Mister seems like a one of those people who just lose themselves obsessively in one thing. Now, if Mister kills this last zealot (make him fall over dead on the flowers, just for the heck of it), the Brotherhood won't get a report back. They might decide to blow up the estate like they did that house. Mister's entire life is in that estate. It's all he has. If it's gone, he will have only one thing left to him: killing brotherhood members. What do you think, Boogyman? Does that sound good for your character, or have I way overstepped myself?

Boog

That sounds about right, Tech. Mister's not big on the whole boundless rage thing, or at least not over a few flowers. However, the whole estate would both attract his ire and force him to strike out on his own. Yeesh, I'm starting to get the impression that I'm subconsciously tormenting my characters on purpose.  :rolleyes

By the by, Ryudo, what sort of guns do the zealots have? Normal fire arms, plasma based whodiddywhatsits, what?

Kryptic

Oh, as a clarification - Gid speaks in courier.

The font.  :animesweat

I don't know why this stuff reminds me of Samurai 7. I keep thinking of Kikuchiyo.

And thanks for that Ryudo - It's been a LONG while since I've RP'd. I need to get back into the swing of things. I've always wanted to develop Baiye & Gid a bit more. I'm reworking old illustrations. I'll see if I can find any when I'm feeling brave enough to open them up to the interwebs.

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Boogeyman on June 11, 2007, 08:04:41 PM
By the by, Ryudo, what sort of guns do the zealots have? Normal fire arms, plasma based whodiddywhatsits, what?

They've got basic single shot plasma rifles.  Zealots would be the bottom of the totem pole here, your basic grunts, so they've got simpler weapons.

Tapewolf

No offense, but do you think you might possibly be running this a little bit fast?  It might have been nice to have given Azlan a chance to react...

Ryudo Lee

Well I'm just trying to respond to everyone in a timely manner.  Otherwise I'll get accused of not responding fast enough.  Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 12, 2007, 09:50:08 AM
Well I'm just trying to respond to everyone in a timely manner.  Otherwise I'll get accused of not responding fast enough.  Damned if I do, damned if I don't.
Quite, and obviously the final decision is ultimately yours.  Personally I'd have erred on the slow side myself, but that's generally the way I deal with everything anyhow.  (And that is one reason I make a bad driver...)

techmaster-glitch

Ok, Ryudo, I need a little bit of clarification on the Brotherhood. Thus far, I've been assuming all Brotherhood members are automatically "priests", and I have been reffering to them as such. But everyone else seems to be calling them Enforcers, or, more commonly, zealots. I've been assuming these names/ranks are interchangable, but I'm less and less sure, especially when you said that "zealots are lowest on the totem pole, armed with only basic single-shot plasma rifles".
So could you be so kind as to explain how the Brotherhood has their rank structure set up?

Boog

And while you're at it, how big's the bomb Mister's intruders just lobbed?

Azlan

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 12, 2007, 09:43:59 AM
No offense, but do you think you might possibly be running this a little bit fast?  It might have been nice to have given Azlan a chance to react...

Er, no problems here...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Ryudo Lee

Zealots would be the bottom of the totem pole, new recruits, grunts, etc.

Enforcers, the next level up.  Soldiers, warriors, guards, equivalent to police.

Elites the next warrior step up, usually only found in the towers, but come out when there's something BIG going on.

Priest, usually one per tower, pretty much a leader.

Anything higher, your characters wouldn't know about except that this "Mother" leads them all.

Boogey, it wasn't as big as the bomb that took out the house, so more like a big grenade.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 12, 2007, 11:13:01 PM
Zealots would be the bottom of the totem pole, new recruits, grunts, etc.

Enforcers, the next level up.  Soldiers, warriors, guards, equivalent to police.

Priest, usually one per tower, pretty much a leader.
Damn,  have to go back and edit some of my posts slightly... Not too much of a bother though.

Arcalane

I do agree that such a fast pace probably isn't necessary - I know you're wanting to get the group together and all, but still.

Exo will be joining the group once all the others invited to the warehouse have assembled.

techmaster-glitch

....a bit of time has passed... who's turn is it to post in the IC?
Or am I jus being impatient? If so, tell me.

Ryudo Lee

Tapewolf

"most of what they do goes persecuted by the law."
Azlan, should that have read 'unpersecuted'?

Azlan

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 14, 2007, 03:10:06 PM
"most of what they do goes persecuted by the law."
Azlan, should that have read 'unpersecuted'?

Oops?

Fixed.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"