Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC) [PG/14] - Open - New players welcome!

Started by Ryudo Lee, June 07, 2007, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 18, 2007, 11:42:11 AM
I've formulated a response to Dorcans question about "fusion"(Project Fusion), But I'm going to wait until Jackson returns to post it.

Dorcan is talking about fusion as a power source, having only overheard Jackson's answer and not the question which was whispered.  He may have the wrong end of the stick entirely.  He is actually running off an aneutronic fusion plant himself - I don't know if the world uses nuclear fusion as a power source or not, and whether it's hot or cold - that's for Ryudo to decide.

Privately I've been assuming that Project Fusion is either wholly unrelated to its name (like 'Project Atomic Fire' which was about climbing the walls in Deus Ex using explosives) or it about some kind of cyborg project (man-machine fusion) rather than nuclear physics.  Obviously what it's about is likely to be revealed in due course.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 18, 2007, 11:48:06 AM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 18, 2007, 11:42:11 AM
I've formulated a response to Dorcans question about "fusion"(Project Fusion), But I'm going to wait until Jackson returns to post it.

Dorcan is talking about fusion as a power source, having only overheard Jackson's answer and not the question which was whispered.  He may have the wrong end of the stick entirely.  He is actually running off an aneutronic fusion plant himself - I don't know if the world uses nuclear fusion as a power source or not, and whether it's hot or cold - that's for Ryudo to decide.

Privately I've been assuming that Project Fusion is either wholly unrelated to its name (like 'Project Atomic Fire' which was about climbing the walls in Deus Ex using explosives) or it about some kind of cyborg project (man-machine fusion) rather than nuclear physics.  Obviously what it's about is likely to be revealed in due course.

I know that Dorcan ment fusion power. Thats why I said "fusion"(Project Fusion) with quotations and parenthasees. Jexx will correct Dorcan's idea about it as soon as Jackson returns.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 18, 2007, 11:51:12 AM
I know that Dorcan ment fusion power. Thats why I said "fusion"(Project Fusion) with quotations and parenthasees. Jexx will correct Dorcan's idea about it as soon as Jackson returns.

Just checking... sometimes I went over people's heads in FCRP.

techmaster-glitch

Ah, ok. Better be safe than sorry. Got it.

And about Project Fusion's name.... well to be bluntly honest, I had just gotten to my cousin's house after getting off the airport in Ohio, it was past midnight, I think I was suffering from jet lag, and when I slapped together the idea for Project Fusion (Which I PMed Ryudo about, he knows what it is) for my character Jexx, that was the best name I could come up with. (And I still can't think of anything better!)

llearch n'n'daCorna

I see the next few minutes going something like this....
-----
"I really recommend you leave with us -now-, before they come back with reinforcements and..."
Overhead, a quiet droning noise is heard, become rapidly more audible.
"Oh, shit." Into his radio: "Incoming! Clear the area! Move Move Move!" To Mister: "Leave now or become one with your grounds. They're about to be atomised."

Overhead, a whistling noise is heard, as the Rebellion team run, hard-out, towards the van, which has already been started and is preparing to peel out as the commander races towards it and leaps into the passenger seat.

The whistling becomes a shriek.
-----

... or something like that. :-]

(Sorry, Ryudo. I had an attack of muse... Feel free to ignore it...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

I like Mister's reaction.  It reminds me very much of the robot panthers from my game (which is where they came from originally).

Panther:  "Who dares enter the forbidden forest?"
Player: "I dare!"
Panther:  "You have come to steal our treasure!  Turn back and leave the forest.  If you approach the treasure you must die!"
Player: "Aren't you supposed to be guarding an air base or something?"
Panther: "That would be nice.  Unfortunately our orders were very strict and we must instead guard the treasure until the Master returns."
Player: "When will the master return?"
Panther: "I do not know when he will return.  But until he does, no-one goes near the treasure."
Player: "When did your master leave?"
Panther: "I last saw the Master three hundred years ago."
Player: "In that case he's probably dead."
Panther: "That has occurred to me.  However, we have been ordered to protect the treasure and slay anyone who approaches it until he returns."
Player: "When will your master return from the dead?"
Panther: "It is quite likely that he will not.  In that case, the treasure is rightfully ours, and we will protect it against any intruders."

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 18, 2007, 02:50:54 PM
It reminds me very much of the robot panthers from my game (which is where they came from originally).

A game? What game?

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 18, 2007, 02:53:59 PM
A game? What game?

http://rotj.it-he.org

Hasn't been updated for more than a year, to be honest.  I'm going to get back into it at some point, the two problems being that the DMFA stuff is absorbing most of the time I would have put into it, and the fact that I need portraits for it.  I don't believe the current downloadable version has the exchange with the panthers, although I've been meaning to just gather everything together and do yet another unfinished test release.  Graphically it's very much behind the times, so it's kind of difficult to get contributors for.

Kryptic

LOL - Gidget's an iPod. Or at least he updates/recharges like one.

But I'm proud of myself - I actually looked up batteries and power sources for that post. His system could actually work, smart-batteries and all. ^^ It makes me giggle.

llearch n'n'daCorna

lucas marcone

if youre still accepting i'd like to join. feel free to limet my spells further if you so desire.

name:josh kierrie

magic:magic user with knowledge of: green and red spells (see magic the gathering tradeing card game.) he has intentions of learning all five colors.

some spells he knows
green:
cure light wounds
giant growth (5 minute duration)
yeild harvest
lycanthropy (wolf)
red:
fire shot
induce panic (1 person target)
crush (earth attack smashes a person between 2 sheets of rock)

psychic abilities:none

tech:cybernetic arm. (made of steel with adamantium shield gaurds in some areas.)

old school twin 9mils

faction:rebellion

phys:
200lbs
5'9"
strong but not lean
from the head to the toes
josh has brown hair. he needs glasses but prefers his whiteout "zombie" contacts. he is clean shaves save for his mustash and a little tuft on his chin. he he isnt ugly but he's no adonnas<sp either. normally found wearing a band tee of any of these bands: ramones, queen, U2,everclear, pink floyd, red hot chili peppers and trans-siberian orchestra. sometimes under a tattered black flat(no shine) leather jacket. he typicly wears baggy blue jeans with a fabric belt. if he has no belt he will have to pull his jeans up from time to time. he has a pair of tattered skate shoes on.

Ryudo Lee

Let's start you off with two spells per color, and lycanthropy would be too powerful for this part of the game.  I don't play Magic, so you will have to describe spells that aren't obvious.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 19, 2007, 09:28:53 AM
Let's start you off with two spells per color, and lycanthropy would be too powerful for this part of the game.  I don't play Magic, so you will have to describe spells that aren't obvious.

I'd be curious where he got the shirts from too  :P

Quote"There's a new set of recruits out front.  Check 'em out.  It's a pretty diverse group, so you'll definitely be on your toes.  I'm assigning you to them as their field medic.  We'll get you set up with whatever supplies you need, just ask.  Go get them checked out while I put the finishing touches on the briefing for their first mission."

Oh my gods.  Dorcan is not going to be pleased about that  :giggle

Ryudo Lee

Yeah those band tee's are gonna have to go.

llearch n'n'daCorna

lucas marcone

the five "colors" of magic
white- the heavenly kind mostly defenceive or healing
blue- "phantasmal" these deal with control and way to get around things they use spelld like plane shift(you momentarily shift to another plane and reappear where you want to be like teleport
green- druid stuff basicly not sure how to better describe it.
red-chaos/fire magic these are spells that pack alot of destructive force like fireball, earthquake,
black- necomantic stuff these are akin to life drain zombifacation and death spells

each type has a diffrent terrain that fuels it
white-plains
blue-island/sea
green-forest
red-mountain/desert/barrin wasteland
black-swamps/bogs anything marshy

the "mana" for my spells come from these areas if i stray too far away from my mana souce i can not cast spells.

cure light wounds is from D&D actually but the name is obvious

giant growth the caster/recipiant can grow double their size and double their strength(and weight*this is important*) for allotted time

induce panic can vary depending on strength and "suggestion" but it generally make the victem paranoid into either telling us what we want to know or ranning away histaricly causeing a distraction.

i already explained crush

and about my shirts. i get it you dont like good music =P. fine *sarcastic voice* for the sake of peace i GUESS i can make due with any number of upper body wear. i guess ill take a flat black shirt for now.

Arcalane

I don't think it's a case of music so much as setting. This is a totally different universe and those bands don't exist. :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: lucas marcone on June 19, 2007, 11:56:48 AM
each type [of magic] has a diffrent terrain that fuels it
white-plains
blue-island/sea
green-forest
red-mountain/desert/barrin wasteland
black-swamps/bogs anything marshy

the "mana" for my spells come from these areas if i stray too far away from my mana souce i can not cast spells.

Unless a futuristic city counts as 'barren wasteland', I doubt you'll be seeing much in the way of mana...

Ryudo Lee

I agree with Tape.  You might want to try something a bit more generic than the Magic card game system.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 19, 2007, 12:20:12 PM
I agree with Tape.  You might want to try something a bit more generic than the Magic card game system.

Out of interest, did you have a specific magic system in mind when you planned this, or is it just a sort of free-form thing where you cast from some reserve of energy?  Or even no energy reserve with the power and ability limited by the caster's endurance and ability to concentrate?

Ryudo Lee

I was thinking free form, but very limited.  I'd use DnD rules, but that would overcomplicate things.

I guess the basics would be that magic users have the power within them, which can be regenerated through sleep and eating.  As they deplete their reserve of magic, they would become fatigued, as it is equally physical as it is magical to exert these magical abilities.  See where I'm going with this?

lucas marcone

...ill just use it as guide lines for my "specialization". but i would still like to stick with my starting four spells if that's ok with you.

lucas marcone

im serious though.... this is your baby if im being too ambitious grab the reigns and say "no,maybe you should try this..."

Ryudo Lee

Which spells do you want to start with?  Lycanthropy is a no-no right now as it would be too powerful.

lucas marcone

Quote from: lucas marcone on June 19, 2007, 11:56:48 AM

cure light wounds is from D&D actually but the name is obvious

giant growth the caster/recipiant can grow double their size and double their strength(and weight*this is important*) for allotted time

induce panic can vary depending on strength and "suggestion" but it generally make the victem paranoid into either telling us what we want to know or ranning away histaricly causeing a distraction.

i already explained crush

these

Ryudo Lee

Cure light wounds is okay, but don't overshadow Hunnydew.

Giant Growth and Crush will only be half as effective as you listed.  There is an in-game reason for this and I will let you know when the effect is normalized.

Induce Panic is good the way it is, but later on in the game it will become more powerful.

techmaster-glitch

My personal (insignificant) opinion is that maybe Josh Keirrie's cure light wounds spell should be changed to cure minor wounds; so Josh can only do things like just fix up scrapes, small cuts, bruises, and other very small things, and leave the serious healing up to Dr. Joywaves. She is our official medic now, after all.
That's just my thought/opinion though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 19, 2007, 04:57:35 PM
Giant Growth and Crush will only be half as effective as you listed.  There is an in-game reason for this and I will let you know when the effect is normalized.

Hmm. Just to clarify, here, does this mean that Giant Growth grows to half of usual effect? So, instead of double height, double weight, it's just to normal height and weight? ;-]

And Crush, that then crushes the target between 1 slab of rock?

Enquiring minds wish to know. Well, that and I couldn't resist the chance to take the mickey...

More seriously, however, some slightly more precise details wouldn't hurt, if only so everyone else knows what to expect. Feel free to tell me to go soak my head, though. :-]

techmaster-glitch

Hmm. Just to clarify, here, does this mean that Giant Growth grows to half of usual effect? So, instead of double height, double weight, it's just to normal height and weight? ;-]

And Crush, that then crushes the target between 1 slab of rock?
That's almost exactly what I was thinking. Giant Growth prolly causes a times 1.5 increase instead of times 2, and instead of utterly crushing someone between two slabs, it instead just slaps them with one.