Doritos X-13D

Started by thegayhare, May 25, 2007, 11:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Hi Hi all

Have any of you seen or tried this yet?

I found a bag of these last week at a gas station.

It's billed as a flavor experiment with the note that it's an All-American Taste

I was wondering if anyone else has tried these?

I don't like them but I'm not a fan of mustard...

thats what they taste like  fast food cheeseburgers heavy onthe mustard

there is a bit of cheese flavor and I think some ketchup butto me the mustard was overwhelming

what do you folks think?

RJ

I hope that they aren't as bizarre as that new 'Meat Pie' Pizza they've made over here...

Zorro

The new smoky cheese flavor is OK.

Zedd

I think Mike Mozart did a small review on it but seems so expensive to be Doritos guiniapig,Like how he says stuff. Check this out!

GabrielsThoughts

well let's see walking home from school I spotted a Large black empty  Doritos X-13D bag the size of a shoebox along the desert road clinging to the fence of the Wonderbread factory. I'm not sure but I believe this to be an indication that it is at the very least addictive, considering the gas station that sells the product is across the street.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Fuyudenki

Haven't tried them, but if they taste of mustard, then I'll have to pass.  I can't stand mustard in any form.

Never been a fan of Doritos, either.  It's the fact that they only make Nacho Cheese and Ranch flavors.  Can we get a generic corn chip flavor, please!?

Valynth

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 26, 2007, 12:40:31 AM
Haven't tried them, but if they taste of mustard, then I'll have to pass.  I can't stand mustard in any form.

Never been a fan of Doritos, either.  It's the fact that they only make Nacho Cheese and Ranch flavors.  Can we get a generic corn chip flavor, please!?

"Original" or "Classic"?   :mwaha
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Brunhidden

this reminds me strongly of several kinds of bagged chips and other snack foods labeled "Something special from Wisconsin".... which is wisconsineese for "if you eat this we are laughing at you". flavors include pickle flavor, salt and jalepeno vinegar, and something which is definitely not BBQ- it is to BBQ what 'special sause' is to expired mayonnaise, and several even more offensive then pickle flavored potato chips.

QuoteThe way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

thegayhare

My favorite chip is a little odd It's Utz brand salt and pepper chips

so good on a ham and cheese sandwhich

Zedd

BBQ chedder I fell in love with...A BBQ chedder cake for sometime Hare?

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: RJ on May 25, 2007, 11:51:55 PM
I hope that they aren't as bizarre as that new 'Meat Pie' Pizza they've made over here...

I saw that advertised in the Dominoes I walk past when I'm heading to work.

"WTF, mate?"
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

King Of Hearts

From the topic name I was expecting Doritos to be some kind of F-1 Racing engine XP

Never been much of the packaed chips kind of person. I like my Potato Crisps fresh from the deep fry.

Toric

My family was lucky enough to find one bag left in the grocery store earlier this week, and curious enough to buy it. As soon as I ate one I got this bizarre look on my face, not because it tasted bad per se (I'm snacking on them right now), but because it's an odd feeling to bite into a chip and immediately be reminded of a hot-dog with mustard, ketchup, and relish. It's the strangest chip flavor I've tasted since Salt and Vinegar Pringles. I'd enter the contest but I just haven't the slightest clue of what to call them that'll be catchy enough to win. Definitely something to try once, but I wouldn't buy them on a regular basis.
Yap by Silver.

Knight

Incidentally I just bought a bag today, before seeing the thread.

I knew it reminded me of "something" and I finally figured hamburger, or that artificial hamburger flavor.  What's next, chip-flavored hamburgers?

I suggest the name "Colon Explosion".

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Toric

Of course! You would have to eat over NINE THOUSAND(!!!!!) bowls of your average cereal to equal the fiber content of just one bowl of colon blow!
Yap by Silver.

Brunhidden

or you could just drink a glass of liquid plumber

QuoteThis is going to be one hell of a bowel movement, he'll be lucky to have any bones left.

Damaris

I saw a bag of them today, and Darkmoon said "oh, THAT'S what they've been talking about on the forum."  Since he'd read the thread, we were spared from buying them out of curiousity- so thanks guys!

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Knight

Yeah and you like, missed out on the best thing in the world.  Nice going!

Axis

Am I the only one that opened this thread thinking it would be about motorcycles? 

Knight

We could make a motorcycle out of Doritos X-13D's...

Brunhidden

'soul chips' do exist, but i forget who makes them. the bag does not say it but they're actually smoky sweet BBQ flavored with ripples or ridges or whatever you call them.

QuoteWhat profits a man if he keeps his eternal soul when he could have lived life to the full and been forgiven at the end of it all anyway?

Knight

I've decided I don't like them.  Anyone who wants mine, send a SASE and 4000 dollars, cash.

Aridas

I saw some kind of commercial. Apparently we get to name them?

Kenji

At least the name isn't as disgusting sounding as
Ketchup Potato Chips
or
Worcheshire Steak Sauce Potato Chips

Zorro

Quote from: Kenji on May 29, 2007, 04:43:07 PM
or Worcheshire Steak Sauce Potato Chips

I LOVE Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce!  I could drink it by the glass and I often use it as the only flavoring on rice and noodles.    :love2

How can Worcheshire Potato Chips not be heavenly?    O:)

thegayhare

*pouts at zorro for inadvertently reminding him of his most recent lost love"

KC masterpice made this Honey teriyaki bbq suace.  It was so good on rice and noodles  some days thats all I'd have a big bowl of rice and ground turkey with my BBq suace...

and now... it's all gone

waaa they stopped making it

It was also pretty good on ham and cheese