Looking for Sound help

Started by thegayhare, May 12, 2007, 07:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Hi Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could help me find some sound files.

Specificly I'mm looking for Deep squeeking noises

See I want to do a Death of rats costume  and since the grim squeeker never talks I figured some nice deep squeeks would be great.

Also if anyone has some dragon roars I could use them too.

Oh one more question

Does anyone have any good dialoge for a pirate esq shoulder dragon?

Polly wanna cracker doesn't seem to fit

Though I sould name the dragon too

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Waaark! Pieces of seven! Pieces of seven! Waark!" doesn't cover it?

... I mean, it's a terrible pun, but, as it's not a parrot, it's just taking the place of one, it's an obvious parroty error...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

Ohh thats pretty good Llearch

Ohh maybe I should use some parrot phrases from Pratchett like "Show us your knickers" from moving pictures

It looks like I'm not the first person to do Death of rats

I'm planning something much better though don't worry
that mask is terrible

But while looking for rat skulls to base the design on I came across one of the coolest DoR pics ever

It's used on a pratchett mousepad

the company also sells anthill inside stickers Feagle spotters guid mouse pads, a greebo pad, and a bunch of others

So no one's found any good squeeks and roars?

Oh well I'll keep looking

Brunhidden

The single biggest flaw is that Death has all the best lines, but dressing up as him entails a long explanation as to which specific literary skeletal figure you are instead of just generic skeleton #8.

maybe one year go as gengez cohen? be a bit chilly, but i dont think you have the figure to pull off a nanny ogg, both of which are on the top 5 for best lines. rincewind and mistrum ridcully also have good lines, but share the same problems as Death.

maybe you could go as samuel vimes? work really well if you can get a fat guy and a short guy to go with you in costume.

Quotehistory remembers many things, but not everything. It remembers the brave and the cowardly but it forgets those who are just doing their job.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 13, 2007, 04:02:04 AM
"Waaark! Pieces of seven! Pieces of seven! Waark!" doesn't cover it?

... I mean, it's a terrible pun, but, as it's not a parrot, it's just taking the place of one, it's an obvious parroty error...
IWC much?

I've found a couple of stock sound sites out there, but unfortunately, I don't happen to have any of them bookmarked at the moment.  In a pinch, I suppose you could always get some audio of mousey squeaks, and lower the pitch in Audacity.

thegayhare

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on May 14, 2007, 01:34:30 AM
The single biggest flaw is that Death has all the best lines, but dressing up as him entails a long explanation as to which specific literary skeletal figure you are instead of just generic skeleton #8.

maybe one year go as gengez cohen? be a bit chilly, but i dont think you have the figure to pull off a nanny ogg, both of which are on the top 5 for best lines. rincewind and mistrum ridcully also have good lines, but share the same problems as Death.

maybe you could go as samuel vimes? work really well if you can get a fat guy and a short guy to go with you in costume.

Well since I'll be carrying a scyth,  and will be wearing a rat skull with whiskers and a long boney tail It'll be a little easier

I don't think I could be Gengez,  He's to thin, same for rincewind, or Vines.  I might be able to pull off Nanny, or Nobby

but still I love DoR
He's so cute

I wanna jump his bones

Oh and thanks Fuyudenki I'll check it out

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on May 14, 2007, 01:34:30 AM
rincewind and mistrum ridcully also have good lines, but share the same problems as Death.

... Mistrum, carry a crossbow, be big, blustery, and affect an English accent of the upper-class hunting variety. Rincewind, have a hat with "Wizzard" on it in sparkly letters, and look hunted.

Both are relatively easy. :-P

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 14, 2007, 01:44:46 AM
IWC much?

Yes, but I've known that joke for -ages-.

Like, say, "What's yellow and dangerous? Shark infested custard." or "What's purple and lives at the bottom of the sea? Moby Plum." and the like...

Janus Whitefurr

I have the most peculiar urge to make a comment about Amber as Granny Weatherwax.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Amber being Granny, or you quoting Granny at Amber?

Brunhidden

Amber would be a Susan if anything, an excuse for DOR to hang out near her then.

QuoteTruth crushed to the earth is truth still and like a seed will rise again.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

superluser

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on May 14, 2007, 09:03:44 AMI have the most peculiar urge to make a comment about Amber as Granny Weatherwax.

I have a hard time imagining anyone being as frigid as Granny Weatherwax.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Read the Aching series - you get an interesting insight into her motives. Or, at least, what appears to be her motives. You also get some interesting descriptions of her doing things that... well.. you can't figure out how the hell she does.

Not least, she's thinking a lot in behind her face. Not that it wasn't obvious she was thinking circles around everyone at once - just read Carpe Jugulum.

Gabi

The Aching series? I'm still missing that one. Is it good?

I've always liked Granny Weatherwax, but I wouldn't like to be as lonely as she is.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

That would be The Wee Free Men, A Hat Full Of Sky, and Wintersmith.

And probably the one he's currently writing.

thegayhare

Ohh there is anouther one out...

cool

Also Gabi ypou might want to look for The Amazing Muarice and his educated rodents  since thats anouther one that doesn't get listed in his normal discworld run

Tezkat

There are a number of places where you can find and download sound effects. Here are some of the popular ones...

http://www.sounddogs.com/
http://www.findsounds.com/
http://www.soundrangers.com/
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

thegayhare

Ohh thanks Tezkat

Sounddogs I've used before but I never book marked it and couldn't remember the name

Well Whil searching for sounds for the Grim Squeeker I did stumble on a number of rat chirps... but they weren't quite what I needed even with tweeking

So I recalled Death was always described as having a voice that sounded LIKE A COFFIN LID BEING SLAMMED SHUT

So I figured DoR's squeek would have an equaly creepy effect and I found this selection of huanted house doors

They'll need a bit of tweaking but which do you think would be the best voice for the bone rat

Though I guess I should do more then one squeek fo variaty

Now to look for roars

Oh and we've only got two phrases for the shoulder dragon so far
Peices of Seven and Show us your knickers

anyone got any sugestions?