newbie here...

Started by crimson_wolf, May 01, 2007, 11:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimson_wolf

Hi all.  I'm not exactly new but this is my first time posting anything. I tried to learn the rules before talking to anyone. I want to make the admins lives as easy as possible that and i don't want to get yelled at...  :mowsmile

Damaris

well, then you'll be no fun ;)

Welcome to the forum.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

crimson_wolf

I guess bein a goody goody is kinda lame eh? I probobly won't be perfect but i dont want to be a pain either.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: crimson_wolf on May 01, 2007, 11:38:09 PM
I guess bein a goody goody is kinda lame eh?
Indeed.  Talk to Bill, he'll help you out. :3

crimson_wolf

oh fyi i am not a goody goody no where near actually...my family is english/irish/newfie. So i am at times insane...just so you know...

(shivers) charley and the candy mountain...never going to get that video out of my head...

Darkmoon

Are you down and in need of some cheering up? Well then, head right on down to the Candy Mountain Cave...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Distracting

I've been having a lot of strange coincidences with Candy Mountain lately...I have to check it out...

As it is, I'm half expecting to hear "Yeah? Well my insanity can beat up your insanity! That's it! After school at the monkey bars!" I remember those days...they were painful. Stupid low bars...
And to this day I don't trust playgrounds.

Jim Halisstrad

Man, twenty minutes on the forums and people are offering you candy in strange, possibly moist, caves.

Welcome to the forums you lucky S.O.B.

superluser

Quote from: HeroZero on May 02, 2007, 12:05:42 AMI've been having a lot of strange coincidences with Candy Mountain lately...I have to check it out...

If you're interested in a Liopleurodon toy, I hear you can get them down at Toy Barn--though you might have to wait until they clean up from the double ax murder that they just had.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Welcome traveler and fomer stalker...Enjoy your stay

RJ

Hello, why aren't I lucky you haven't been warned yet...

Here, please accept this basket of muffins I baked for you. :rj

*scampers away to her bunker*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hi, welcome to the forums. I'd wondered when you were going to post...

Have fun, enjoy yourself, don't get in trouble, mind out for that bear trap, oh, and watch out for any muffins you might have been offered. If they start ticking, don't think, don't walk, -run- as fast and as far as you can.

... Unless you're in a Klein bottle, of course. Then you're screwed. :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Suwako

Hi, new person.. person.

be aware of the wolfs.. trolls and evil clowns..

bill

Quote from: Hazzy on May 01, 2007, 11:43:26 PM
Quote from: crimson_wolf on May 01, 2007, 11:38:09 PM
I guess bein a goody goody is kinda lame eh?
Indeed.  Talk to Bill, he'll help you out. :3
Fuck off, you stupid noob  >:3

Oh hi!  :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well, there's the troll. I guess that'd make Gareeku the wolf, and, what, Stygian the evil clown? :-]

Zedd

No Jim is more the evil clown you ask me...Kinda like Jokey smurf

crimson_wolf

...I didn't actually think i would be welcomed by this many people usually i get welcomed when i post in areas other than the shout out.

I will never forget the candy mountain movie even when im old and senial that song will still be ringing in the back of my mind...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Give us a couple days, and you'll get a lot more greets than this.

we've been known to hit three or four pages, sometimes... :-]

TheGreyRonin

Yes, but only on Manic Typing Mondays, Llearch...

Welcome to the forum, Crimson. Some will warn you of muffins; others will warn you of boxes. Me, I'll just mention that there are always 2x4s handy, should things get out of hand.

Enjoy your stay!

Illusionist

WAZAAAAAA...

Nah, I'm kidding. Hi there!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Illusionist on May 03, 2007, 02:06:14 PM
Nah, I'm kidding. Hi there!

You better be. You'd be in serious strife if you weren't :-]

Quote from: TheGreyRonin on May 03, 2007, 12:02:52 PM
Yes, but only on Manic Typing Mondays, Llearch...

Do "Thoroughly Talkative Thursdays" count?

crimson_wolf

*grabs a couple 2x4's* Well then anything else i should know about?

xHaZxMaTx

You've already been warned of Bill, but he deserves a second warning.  ...So, yeah, be wary of that Bill guy.

Roureem Egas

Oh, I've got one. Even if a thread goes off-topic, don't post anything that seems like you're talking to yourself. Not sure this metaphor works, but here goes: straight line -> line bent slightly in slightly in some direction -> huge sudden dip way off the chart. Try to avoid that, since some of the more annoying posters are/were like that.

crimson_wolf

I'll try to avoid it but i'll probobly end up doing it anyway because thats just me and i am dumb...

*edit*
what is the posting rank for? does it actually do something or is it just to show people how long you've been a part of the forums?

if it is just to show how long you've been here then i am dumb and asked a pointless qwestion...

xHaZxMaTx

You'll want to get as many posts as possible, and the best way to do that is by spamming!  Don't ask why, just do it! D:

No, that's silly.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The posting rank has some silly names associated with it. If you look around, there's a thread on it in the Villa, I think.

It doesn't actually do anything, other than that.

Damaris

Just to clarify Roureem's comment- off topic posting is only partially frowned upon.  Converstations follow a natural progression, and sometimes that progression takes you away from the orginal topic.  That is fine.

When people are being asshats, posting something random just to post, or posting something they shouldn't, they may be told to stay on topic.  That's not necessarily the topic that we started with, but could be the topic that we have evolved to.  Mostly, if you're being told to stay on topic, then you being off topic isn't the main problem- you're doing something else you shouldn't.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

crimson_wolf

I don't spam...it takes way too much effort and is a waste of time so yea...all of my posts should have some form of meaning to them not just random blather although i apparently do that alot anyways...but i wont spam...ever and that i can garuntee.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Could you do something about implementing some grammar, then, crimson_wolf?

Using only single-quotes and ellipses (ellipsi?) makes it sometimes difficult to figure out what your sentences are attempting to convey. Just as a comment, of course.