4/14/07 Abel's Story: Oh-you-did-not-just-go-there

Started by techmaster-glitch, April 14, 2007, 02:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fex

Quote from: kaskar on April 15, 2007, 03:29:07 AM

Unless May isn't Female, could it be that i have not followed the pages properly in incubi genetics , and how the male can become pregnant . ( re: extra strips, where Merelitz says he's pregnant, Dan says 'how', and Arryanna makes the comment to Dan of, I can see how you flunked Cubi repoduction 101' ) May be we need a refresher on that ...

okay my brain just melted becouse of that :B

Sienna Maiu - M T

I still say amnesia. Don't ask me who, how, or why. I just do.
*definitely did not just read the past four pages of posting*

Vraptor140

I remember that Abel's parents one said that his wings didn't made him and "angel".

So there could be the posibility that May had an encounter with a "creature" (non of Abel's parents finding out wich kind) and short after being "saved" or just "escaping" Abel was born, leading Sid to being suspicious about the exact details of it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: kaskar on April 15, 2007, 03:06:03 AM
I believe that May is the true mother . If she is an Incubus has yet to be seen ...
I don't think you fully understand what 'Incubus' means.  It's the male.  The female is the Succubus.  In medieval mythology (as according to Scot, Sprenger etc) they are both the same creature and it shapeshifts to change gender.  DMFA 'Cubi have a set gender like we do.

Quote from: kaskar on April 15, 2007, 03:29:07 AM
Unless May isn't Female, could it be that i have not followed the pages properly in incubi genetics , and how the male can become pregnant.

Like Mr. Destania, you mean?   >:3

Amber has said that 'Cubi can't switch gender completely.  They can shapeshift into a different sex, and intuitively it would work well enough for seduction or some kind of preternatural fling in SAIA but F->M can't sire a child and M->F can't get pregnant.

(Actually that would probably be enough to do was medieval succubi do but DMFA 'Cubi wouldn't have any reason to do that thing because AFAIK they don't go around creating witches for Satan.)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

kaskar

Whatever, if Arryanna can make Merelitz pregnant, then most things are now improbrable, but not impossible ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Tapewolf

Quote from: kaskar on April 15, 2007, 06:27:40 AM
Whatever, if Arryanna can make Merelitz pregnant, then most things are now improbrable, but not impossible

There was also a guest strip where it was proven that Pyroduck is really a banana.

Aridas

kaskar, you're going to make amber's brain bleed if she reads your post.

Quote from: superluser on April 15, 2007, 03:17:45 AM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 15, 2007, 03:14:31 AMWhy WOULDN'T she be the mother? The whole thing is that abel and may look exactly alike

Er-- as I failed to insinuate before, wouldn't that make May the father?
WHY? Why do the looks have ANYTHING to do with whether a parent is mother or father?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 15, 2007, 03:14:31 AMWhy WOULDN'T she be the mother? The whole thing is that abel and may look exactly alike
I think what he was saying is that they wouldn't look exactly alike because they're different genders.

Aridas

Who's saying anything about gender? We weren't talking about gender in that case at all.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 15, 2007, 06:55:59 AM
Who's saying anything about gender? We weren't talking about gender in that case at all.
"Wouldn't that make May the father" seems pretty clear to me that he was, even if you weren't.
Now I am only trying to point out what you seem to have missed/misunderstood from his post.  I may even be wrong myself, so if you wish to take umbrage with the content itself, I suggest you do so with the original author and not me.

kaskar

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 15, 2007, 06:31:41 AM
Whatever, if Arryanna can make Merelitz pregnant, then most things are now improbrable, but not impossible

There was also a guest strip where it was proven that Pyroduck is really a banana.
Is this a case where we get onto the gender bender family ?

Gildedtongue

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 15, 2007, 05:54:51 AM(Actually that would probably be enough to do was medieval succubi do but DMFA 'Cubi wouldn't have any reason to do that thing because AFAIK they don't go around creating witches for Satan.)

Well, if I recall right, Medieval Xcubi are notorious sex changers.  At least one text describes that "A succubus would lay with a man, and collect his seed, upon which the next morning she would become an incubus, to go and lay with a woman and pass the seed from the first man to the woman.

In other words, a good excuse on why two people who have "never met each other" seem to be sharing a kid.

Famous Cubis:
Merlin, son of a druid high priestess and an incubus.

MT Hazard

Quote from: kaskar on April 15, 2007, 08:57:15 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 15, 2007, 06:31:41 AM

Is this a case where we get onto the gender bender family ?

Both of those were both gag and guest strips. The gender one had the artist saying she could keep to the established story or not....

I'm fine with debating on the forums its what there for but can we cut down on the "oh my god some character looks slightly different in this/that strip! It's a sign!" stuff ?

Guess, debate, predict by all means, but don't pretend to be a expert on fictional genetics and the like its just too dorky, like those star trek fans who started to learn Klingon from the episodes.

OK maybe I've alienated a large number of people now but that was going to happen anyway. That's based on the assumption anyone reads this of course.

One last thing , Good point on the medieval cubi by Gildedtonge by the way.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Zedd

Enoughs of the speculations...Just wait darnit! Or i will feed you to the Loom! :<

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 15, 2007, 07:03:48 AM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 15, 2007, 06:55:59 AMWho's saying anything about gender? We weren't talking about gender in that case at all.
"Wouldn't that make May the father" seems pretty clear to me that he was, even if you weren't.

Sigh.  It wasn't very funny to begin with, and when you have to explain it, it becomes really stupid.  Sorry, everyone.  I appear to have been a bit loopy last night.

Quote from: Gildedtongue on April 15, 2007, 10:49:08 AMFamous Cubis:
Merlin, son of a druid high priestess and an incubus.

Well, Merlin's dad was an incubus, but Merlin was a Cambion.

QuoteThis message is dedicated to my parents, Ayn Rand and God.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gildedtongue on April 15, 2007, 10:49:08 AM
Well, if I recall right, Medieval Xcubi are notorious sex changers.  At least one text describes that "A succubus would lay with a man, and collect his seed, upon which the next morning she would become an incubus, to go and lay with a woman and pass the seed from the first man to the woman.

That's more detail than I intended to give, but yes, that's what I was referring to.  And as I say, a DMFA incubus (or succubus) could easily do that if they wanted to but it doesn't seem to be something that happens much in Amber's universe.

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 15, 2007, 11:06:23 AM
Both of those were both gag and guest strips. The gender on had the artist saying she could keep to the established story or not....

Perhaps I was being too subtle, but yes, that's the point I was trying to make.  Thanks for clarifying it.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: DeedaeicMess on April 15, 2007, 12:31:16 AM
However, I've come to realize one thing: Abel is a ****ed up individual in the present (that is, the main storyline),
<nod> I've noticed. There have been hints, of which I think this was one of the first big ones, that Abel-in-the-present is just very good at hiding his real emotions. Considering the downward spiral "most cubi get into at some point", maybe that's an actual course at SAIA...?
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Aleolus

Oiyoiyoi.  Not this again.  It's seeming more and more likely that a cubi mimicked whats-his-name and conceived with May, resulting in Abel.  At least he's smart enough to realize that it is still his son, regardless of what his son looks like.

LoneHowler

Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Bloodwish

I think May must've had an affair early on, and Cid knew about it, but forgave his wife (to a point) and Abel was the result, chances are when Cid was trying to explain away the wings as 'an adventurer byproduct' it was more to comfort his wife in a manner of 'don't worry, no-body will find out you cheated on me, they'll think it's just an adventurer thing' I've a feeling May beat herself up on what she did, hence why she got so mad at the headmistress.. To herself May's probably 'I made one stupid, stupid mistake, that doesn't make me a whore' So anytime anyone mentions it, it touches a very tender wound. Hence, when Cid said "Father" in quotation marks he was actually bringing up something they both know and buried a long time ago....

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Bloodwish on April 15, 2007, 02:30:37 PM
I think May must've had an affair early on, and Cid knew about it, but forgave his wife (to a point) and Abel was the result, chances are when Cid was trying to explain away the wings as 'an adventurer byproduct' it was more to comfort his wife in a manner of 'don't worry, no-body will find out you cheated on me, they'll think it's just an adventurer thing' I've a feeling May beat herself up on what she did, hence why she got so mad at the headmistress.. To herself May's probably 'I made one stupid, stupid mistake, that doesn't make me a whore' So anytime anyone mentions it, it touches a very tender wound. Hence, when Cid said "Father" in quotation marks he was actually bringing up something they both know and buried a long time ago....

Interesting. It does have quite a bit of credibility to it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 15, 2007, 03:07:11 PM
I think May must've had an affair early on, and Cid knew about it, but forgave his wife (to a point) and Abel was the result
Interesting. It does have quite a bit of credibility to it.

The incubus-disguised-as-Cid theory covers Abel's detestation of shapeshifting as well, though.  This one doesn't.
It's not impossible that happens later, but IMHO it's deep-seated enough to have been family-related.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 15, 2007, 04:30:07 PM
The incubus-disguised-as-Cid theory covers Abel's detestation of shapeshifting as well, though.  This one doesn't.
It's not impossible that happens later, but IMHO it's deep-seated enough to have been family-related.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Still possible, but now less probable.

Nikki

._. i think that rational ideas are a bad thing at these forums...

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Manawolf

Yes, I've experienced what happens when trying to drive some reasons into these skulls.

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

kaskar

Could be , but that still makes Cid the legal parent father in the eyes of the law ...

Bloodwish

Legal in the eyes of the law, what about in Cid's eyes?

Yes Abel might be 'His son' but somewhere in his mind, could be that horrible thoguht that he's not his son.

Rythak

Quote from: Bloodwish on April 16, 2007, 10:16:32 AM
Legal in the eyes of the law, what about in Cid's eyes?

Yes Abel might be 'His son' but somewhere in his mind, could be that horrible thoguht that he's not his son.

He dosent seem to me taking it well...   But still lets not throw out the fact that abel's mom bould still be the  cubi playing stupid to seem innocent. now im not sure how cubi reproduce because if i google'd that it would have... "unwanted" results. In my mind it seems possible that a succubis with sexual relations to a demon angel furrae or other such creature could produce a cubi baby/babies.

(I r gud spellar)<---- My way of saying "Sorry for spelling errors" (for some reason nothing happens when i click the spell check button)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rythak on April 16, 2007, 11:41:00 AM
im not sure how cubi reproduce because if i google'd that it would have... "unwanted" results.

There's also the slight snag that DMFA 'cubi are not the same as traditional medieval 'cubi.  I'm not sure how the latter reproduce, they're probably directly created by Satan or something weird like that.

But from the evidence so far (not least that Edward Ti'Fiona was able to get Destania pregnant, and Dan's reaction to Fa'Lina's "when two 'cubi love each other..." poster) I'd say it's pretty much a dead cert that DMFA 'Cubi reproduce in the usual manner.