4/14/07 Abel's Story: Oh-you-did-not-just-go-there

Started by techmaster-glitch, April 14, 2007, 02:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 14, 2007, 05:32:36 PM
Fa'Lina's "we must bring him to the Academy at all costs" line means that something really, really weird is going on
It's not as if someone didn't apply for him to come first anyway...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 14, 2007, 07:56:46 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 14, 2007, 05:32:36 PM
Fa'Lina's "we must bring him to the Academy at all costs" line means that something really, really weird is going on
It's not as if someone didn't apply for him to come first anyway...

When someone volunteers and then changes their mind, you do not usually resort to kidnapping them.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aridas

Dan didn't exactly volunteer, so it wasn't his mind to change ;P

And he technically wasn't kidnapped. Like Fa'Lina said, she's just making it better for him after everything's said and done.

Faerie Alex

Well, I thought that "taken against his will" = "kidnapped." He didn't agree to going, nor does Fa'lina have (as far as I know) any legal authority to force him to go.

Now, it may have been better for him to go in the end, but that still doesn't make it not kidnapping.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Madmann135

I'm still voting that it was a byproduct of daddy being an adventurer.

I still say that Dad had some Cubi grandparents (or great-grandparents) in his family tree that the outward appearance got weeded out.  Then through being exposed to all that residue magics awoke some cubi stuff in his little soldiers :dndist and here came Abel. 
:ddrabel

So by dad's theory, he's the cubi of the family  :mowtongue

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: modelincard on April 14, 2007, 08:44:32 PM
Well, I thought that "taken against his will" = "kidnapped." He didn't agree to going, nor does Fa'lina have (as far as I know) any legal authority to force him to go.

Now, it may have been better for him to go in the end, but that still doesn't make it not kidnapping.

Not only that but she committed an act of Grievous Bodily Harm in order to render him helpless enough to perform the deed.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aridas

but he would've agreed, dan's a good guy, he'd learn to be a good cubi in time D:

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 14, 2007, 08:12:12 PMWhen someone volunteers and then changes their mind, you do not usually resort to kidnapping them.

I've said it before and it bears repeating.

I have a feeling that if `cubi start rampaging, they're liable to get applications filed in their names and wind up at SAIA for some re-education.

After all, if they start rampaging, some people might get the idea that `cubi enjoy rampaging in general, and that might lead right back to the state of affairs from before Fa'Lina founded SAIA.  It would be in SAIA's best interests to correct nefarious `cubi.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 14, 2007, 08:50:11 PM
Not only that but she committed an act of Grievous Bodily Harm in order to render him helpless enough to perform the deed.
Actually, IMHO it was just a Fa'lina-style very practical demonstration that her clan isn't one of the "peaceful behaviour" ones...   
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

kaskar

So what happens if Cid pops off the eye patch and says, " You ever seen a mark like this on Abel ? " ( remember the red marking on Abel's back ? )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Rythak

superluser

Quote from: kaskar on April 15, 2007, 12:15:06 AMSo what happens if Cid pops off the eye patch and says, " You ever seen a mark like this on Abel ? " ( remember the red marking on Abel's back ? )

We all freak out.

Note first that the scar looks nothing like Abel's marking.  Note second that his marking is probably too large to hide under his eyepatch.

But that's all crap.  Here's what's really important.  Cid is questioning the paternity of Abel.  Note the quotes around ``father.''  If Cid were going to reveal himself to be an incubus, why would he start off with hurtful misdirection about him not being one?

DeedaeicMess

Quote from: Ink on April 14, 2007, 04:53:06 AM
"Whodunit?" *cough*notme*cough* (EDIT: No. Not sarcasm. I mean, come on.)

Also, "I don't recall that wonderful evening, so I know you have to been tricked by an incubus."

* The fox smirks so.

Why are Je.Saist and I the only ones who seemed to notice that Ink practically just admitted to being May's baby-daddeh?  :erk That's a scary thought right there...

On another note, at first I was going for the hopeful stuff, thinking that everything might be able to be happy. However, I've come to realize one thing: Abel is a ****ed up individual in the present (that is, the main storyline), which means that, in general, the truth of the matter will indeed be the most painful possibilities. With that knowledge in mind, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if May actually willingly cheated on Cid (though even then she may not have known it was with an Incubus). However, I don't think she did. Still, I don't think that it's possible that either of the parents are the 'Cubus, and I don't think that it's a result of anything that happened in his adventures. To be entirely honest, I believe that that leaves far too much room for a happy ending possibility, and it's been made clear by Abel's demeanor in the present that his story isn't happy at all.

So yeah. I believe that a 'Cubi did, in some way, intrude on Cid's marriage with May.

superluser

Quote from: DeedaeicMess on April 15, 2007, 12:31:16 AMWhy are Je.Saist and I the only ones who seemed to notice that Ink practically just admitted to being May's baby-daddeh?

Anybody feel like counting months?

If Ink based his character off of Amber's succubus characters (right?  Aary came first?), then it seems likely that Amber would have already known Abel's heritage before Ink came along.

Gildedtongue

Personally, my money's on "Cid isn't the father."  Predominantly since Abel seems to share zero features with the one eyed adventurer.  As far as we've seen in DMFA, even if a hybrid is made, the child tends to be heavily based on one parent, with some spicing from the other.  Abel looks a bit like May's winged and male clone.

Though, I'd also go as far as saying that the affair probably wasn't a conscious one.  However, May also has a history of violent reactions to people insinuating infidelity (reference page 12, and somewhat implied in page 15 that the principal wasn't the first one to insinuate).  Perhaps the violent lashing is a defensive measure to prevent people from knowing, or to let herself believe the lie.

But, again, I don't think May seems to be the type to have a physical affair consciously.  More likely it might have been "*naughty things* then *poof* hehe, glad you had fun *flee* Meep.  Erm, Cid, I think we should have a baby.  *confused* erm. okay."  Another point towards May already knowing about Abel's Cubi heritage comes from page 22, where Mrs. Soulstealer mentions May's "Concern."  While this might be a basic and natural concern of a mother knowing that their kindergartener will be playing with explosions and lightning, it could be a concern over people finding out something she would rather not.

On the other, other hand, page 77 had May ask "A Whatcubis?" which pretty much knocks out that whole notion, unless she's feigning innocent.  Though, she might have thought the incubus to be just a shapeshifter of the non-cubi sort... or a mage using illusionary magics.  meh, who knows, who cares, traditionally my voice is never listened to anyway.

Aridas

Quote from: superluser on April 15, 2007, 01:02:04 AM
Quote from: DeedaeicMess on April 15, 2007, 12:31:16 AMWhy are Je.Saist and I the only ones who seemed to notice that Ink practically just admitted to being May's baby-daddeh?

If Ink based his character off of Amber's succubus characters (right?  Aary came first?), then it seems likely that Amber would have already known Abel's heritage before Ink came along.
I thought Ink said it WASN'T him. He said it wasn't him, and that that wasn't sarcasm.

Reese Tora

Quote from: superluser on April 15, 2007, 01:02:04 AM

I wonder if 'cubi gestation is much different from being gestation, and if so, by how much.  And I further wonder how different, if at all different, the gestation of a 'cubi born of a cubi/being pairing is.  It could make counting months a very dicey proposition for determining the time that the act occured.

Come to that, I also wonder if there's a variaence in gestation periods for different races of beings (cat vs. dog vs. kangaroo vs. ferret...)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

superluser

Quote from: Gildedtongue on April 15, 2007, 01:06:49 AMPersonally, my money's on "Cid isn't the father."

My money is on ``Cid is the father.''  Primarily because it's a better payoff if I win.

Quote from: Gildedtongue on April 15, 2007, 01:06:49 AMOn the other, other hand, page 77 had May ask "A Whatcubis?" which pretty much knocks out that whole notion, unless she's feigning innocent.  Though, she might have thought the incubus to be just a shapeshifter of the non-cubi sort...

I keep saying that Hennya never explained that  :shapeshifters , but no one seems to care.

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 15, 2007, 01:17:42 AMI thought Ink said it WASN'T him. He said it wasn't him, and that that wasn't sarcasm.

What are you yelling at me for?  I'm agreeing with you.

Quote from: Reese Tora on April 15, 2007, 01:37:56 AMI wonder if 'cubi gestation is much different from being gestation, and if so, by how much.  And I further wonder how different, if at all different, the gestation of a 'cubi born of a cubi/being pairing is.  It could make counting months a very dicey proposition for determining the time that the act occured.

I was actually speculating about how long Abel had been gestating in Amber's brain.  ``Counting months?''  Get it?  Because we were discussing Abel's birth and I was discussing Abel's--It's funny (technically, I think that's supposed to be scary)!

Aridas

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 15, 2007, 01:45:04 AMand so why are you saying i'm yelling at you?

You quoted me, and threw allcaps at someone--presumably the last person you quoted: me.  You didn't have to quote me; you could have just quoted DeedaeicMess.

Plus, it gives me a chance to say things like ``Can't you see you're tearing this family apart?''

Nikki

Quote from: Kattuccino on April 14, 2007, 06:15:02 PM

Evidence may or may not have gone unnoticed: May has no black undertail. Cid and Abel both do.

That and Cid also has, or seems to have, Abel's 'Chest markings' as seen here here and here

According to my dim-witted brain, Abel has the Tail and chest markings of Cid and the spots of May, therefore, they could both be Abel's and, like many have speculated, one or the other is covering themselves up.

i shall elaborate more later, i have arts to draw

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on April 14, 2007, 07:35:00 PM
Actually, Abel isn't Mays son at all. He was swapped for another kid at the hospital. Devin, to be exact.  Devins mother, a succubus, had an affair with Mays brother. Hence the family resemblance.  Somebody at the hospital saw that Mays son looked like Devins mother and vice versa thought they had been swapped by accident, and swapped them "back".

As we have seen, having your head-wings appear and alert you to your true nature is a traumatic affair and Devins poor mother became quite unhinged.  She killed Devins siblings and eventually killed herself.

It all makes sense now...  :ipod

I see what are you talking about I was thinking that in the Abel arc when Devin saw that family of May, Cid and Abel all happy there and he thought he should be in that family that theory is very plausable and I bet nobody went there I think Cid is the real father but only to Devin that's my opinion so there.  :P

Aridas

Quote from: Xze-Xze on April 15, 2007, 02:14:03 AM

Evidence may or may not have gone unnoticed: May has no black undertail. Cid and Abel both do.

That and Cid also has, or seems to have, Abel's 'Chest markings' as seen here here and here

According to my dim-witted brain, Abel has the Tail and chest markings of Cid and the spots of May, therefore, they could both be Abel's and, like many have speculated, one or the other is covering themselves up.

So does May. May's not just spotted, you know. If you stuck a nakey abel and may side by side, they'd pretty much match perfectly, as far as can be seen.

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 15, 2007, 02:43:41 AMSo does May. May's not just spotted, you know. If you stuck a nakey abel and may side by side, they'd pretty much match perfectly, as far as can be seen.

Er...so you're saying that May is the incubus?

Reese Tora

Quote from: superluser on April 15, 2007, 02:50:36 AM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 15, 2007, 02:43:41 AMSo does May. May's not just spotted, you know. If you stuck a nakey abel and may side by side, they'd pretty much match perfectly, as far as can be seen.

I thought that cubi tended to take after thier being parents. :B
(makes sence, it would act as protective camoflage to appear to be the child of your mother; the more you look like your mother, the less of you there is to look like someone who isn't your father...)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Nikki

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 15, 2007, 02:43:41 AM
Quote from: Xze-Xze on April 15, 2007, 02:14:03 AM

So does May. May's not just spotted, you know. If you stuck a nakey abel and may side by side, they'd pretty much match perfectly, as far as can be seen.
Yet we have not yet seen a nakey May. plus, May has a -seemingly- straight line across her chest, whilst Cid has a 'dip' similar to Abel's.

*feels semi-smart*

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

kaskar

Quote from: superluser on April 15, 2007, 02:50:36 AM

I believe that May is the true mother . If she is an Incubus has yet to be seen ...

Aridas

Why WOULDN'T she be the mother? The whole thing is that abel and may look exactly alike, so whether he looks anything like Cid or not means nothing, as he's already pretty much the same as his mom.

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 15, 2007, 03:14:31 AMWhy WOULDN'T she be the mother? The whole thing is that abel and may look exactly alike

Er-- as I failed to insinuate before, wouldn't that make May the father?

kaskar

Unless May isn't Female, could it be that i have not followed the pages properly in incubi genetics , and how the male can become pregnant . ( re: extra strips, where Merelitz says he's pregnant, Dan says 'how', and Arryanna makes the comment to Dan of, I can see how you flunked Cubi repoduction 101' ) May be we need a refresher on that ... ( Was it a Guest strip ? )