Probably Stating the Obvious...

Started by Rithm Alfortele, April 02, 2007, 09:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rithm Alfortele

But, way back in the archives, WAAAAY back into the archives...
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_054.php
I just noticed that the human's hairstyle is EXACTLY like Merlitz's hairstyle.

Since the human never got the chance to introduce himself...

Probably stating the obvious, but that was an alternate version of Merlitz, wasn' it?

Oh, and... I'm glad to join this forum :3

Aridas

It was a cameo by someone entirely different... as it says in 53 >_>

also, it's actually a pretty different hairstyle.

bill

Ari: 1
New Guy: 0

Oh, too bad, but thanks for playing!

(oh, and welcome.)

Rithm Alfortele

Oh, I missed the little tiny blurb on the lower left that mentioned both name and player :P My bad.

Still, though... besides the number/shape of the bang-spikes, the sides of the hair look almost exactly alike.  Although that's probably mostly because of Merlitz's ears.

Oh well.  Not the first time that my first post has made a fool outta me...

Faerie Alex

Don't worry...I've seen much more foolish ones.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

kaskar

Seems that our Artist runs on variations of a theme . With what almost looks like a small mane in the middle , there are various on a theme of a high long arch of hair, to a short non-descript look . However , you may notice that many are variations on a theme, apart from Lorenda and Wildy ' s hair . Looking closely shows this . Fa'lina is a prime example, along with Alexi ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Rythak

Quote from: kaskar on April 03, 2007, 07:30:01 AM
        Seems that our Artist runs on variations of a theme . With what almost looks like a small mane in the middle , there are various on a theme of a high long arch of hair, to a short non-descript look . However , you may notice that many are variations on a theme, apart from Lorenda and Wildy ' s hair . Looking closely shows this . Fa'lina is a prime example, along with Alexi ...
Do i have some sort of visual recognition disorder that i cant see how any of these look alike?!

kaskar

As I said, our Artist runs on VARIATIONS of a theme . In # 499 , we have good examples in Fa'lina and Mab . Fa'lina 's hair quickly  peaks up from a  center frontal point to points above ( was that eyes or side of head ? ), to then come down as the hair on the side of her head . You can fit the ponytail in easy enough . If you had a slightly less extreme case of this facial type, put on a hair style similar to Amber's, sans glasses, color purple and maybe add glowing green antenni , and you may make a Mab . etc ... 

However, one has to remember the geometry of the character, and the hair position compared to the background . When making the image of Fa'lina, notice how the facial line of sight could be guesses out when she looked over her snout to her finger, much as in your two eyes do . ( try it ) I may be wrong since I'm not an artist, but it's an idea .   ( p.s. If you plan to do the finger test as if you were Fa'lina, imagine that you have a nose/ snout 3-5" long )
                                                                      THINK 3-D !

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: modelincard on April 02, 2007, 09:50:45 PM
Don't worry...I've seen much more foolish ones.
Ah, you mean pointy-sticks of doom and exploding-muffins?
wait... that's the Welcoming Committee, my bad!

Oh yes though, I do remember a time when the intro-post was so horrible and completely unrelated to anything that it was deleted right away. Needless to say, they never posted again. I wonder though if they thought they were posting to their on-line journal...?

Well, in any case -Welcome! :D
Beware... whatever the heck it is that you're supposed to beware these days.

Prof B Hunnydew

Not to put a damper on this thread, Amber's early work should not be look at too closely,  Amber was only in High school.   

PBH

Sienna Maiu - M T

Oh, let 'em have their crazy thoughts and ideas. If I didn't encourage it, I could not allow myself to be called 'The Great Speculator'! WARNING: There was never actually any contest or validation of this title, nor does it really exist. Failure to acknowledge this will have me severely questioning your sanity

kaskar

Just stick my nose/snout in as I did before about depth perception with 2 eyes. Then again, some characters can end up with no real depth in them ...

Metal Juggernaut

hmm...i wonder what a rat would sound like if it roared? hmm, cool

Rythak

Quote from: Metal Juggernaut on April 19, 2007, 05:21:16 PM
hmm...i wonder what a rat would sound like if it roared? hmm, cool
Are you sure your statment is in the right thread?
In my opinion it should be here...
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=2601.0
In this "The Kangaroo Rat that Roared" thread  :blankstare

kaskar

Of course, the kangaroo rat that roared thread had a picture of Jyrras on a Dune cover. Do we next have Wildy write a script ' Dune, The Dark Side Returns" . I mean, how many star wars movies were rerun on similar plots like this . ( P.S. The real mouse that roared roar sounds like a strong MGM lion roar ...