Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Woot!

CN take just reached $2,000,650.11 today. \o/

Sadly the bills are at $827,963.56, but hey. ;-]

Edit:
And LW just passed $100,400 in available loans. Pity it's utterly useless... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

random question- is attacking unafiliated countries prohibited, inadviseable, advised, or suggested?

QuoteGive me a sock with a brick in it and i=I can change the world one idiot at a time
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 29, 2007, 01:29:00 PM
Woot!

CN take just reached $2,000,650.11 today. \o/

Sadly the bills are at $827,963.56, but hey. ;-]

Edit:
And LW just passed $100,400 in available loans. Pity it's utterly useless... ;-]

Gratz! :mowcookie

My bills are over $2.2 million (and they shot up to $2.5 million after a longtime trading partner dropped me without even a word of warning). :dface

I've had no luck with nukes on the LW front. After about half a dozen tries, I don't even have the first core constructed. :<

Quote from: Brunhidden on December 31, 2007, 09:01:34 AM
random question- is attacking unafiliated countries prohibited, inadviseable, advised, or suggested?

It could be entertaining, even if it isn't very nice... :animesweat

After the tech changes, raiding isn't really worth it for anything but the lulz these days, and attacking inactives (13+ days) won't get you any lewt at all.

We don't have an official policy on raiding. Our alliance has been quite laissez faire about that sort of thing. If you get yourself into trouble, you're on your own, and shouldn't expect military or financial assistance. A few of us have, historically, been a tad aggressive in borrowing things from other nations without asking. It caused diplomatic headaches for us up at the top when said victims had friends in high places.

Don't attack anyone with an alliance affiliation. Larger alliances have rules on what exactly constitutes an alliance (need at least x member nations or total nation strength, for instance), but I think it's rather hypocritical for a micro-alliance like ours to judge the validity of other small groups of friends.

If you do raid someone, always send a peace offer after you attack. (It will be cancelled automatically if they counterattack.) I'd recommend limiting your foray to a pair of ground strikes, even if they don't respond immediately.

By the way, you don't have your tax rate set at 28% yet. That's just silly. Raising taxes will help your growth more than random raiding.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Fresnor

Anyone doing anything now?  Everyone's gotten rather quiet.  Oh and I finally got my good trade setup back again.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nothing unusual. Just recovering, more or less, from the previous setbacks.

I believe Tez and Kasarn were pondering doing tech trades and handing it all to a bank somewhere. I'm still up for being a bank, if someone wants to start organising that...

Tezkat

Yeah, I need techs...

I fell waaay out of the top 5% and need to build back up. :3 There didn't seem to be that much interest in my grand tech banking plan when I proposed it, though...

I've had some really bad luck with trading partners over the last few months. Like this one guy who just dropped yesterday. He was really nice and even interested in getting a tech trade. Then... a few days after he accepts my trade and my bribe money, he attacks his own alliance for no reason, gets ZIed for it, and quits the game. Go figure. :animesweat

Other than that, all quiet on this front.

Oh, and before I forget... best merge request evar:

Quote from: Queen Elizabeth X
Hi, I'm Lizzy from the United Purple Nations, and I'm an alcoholic...just kidding. Actually, I wanted to know if your alliance wanted to merge with the UPN? I'd really like if you'd at least get back to me. We are a fun alliance, I'm the funnest tho...:) Please don't be mad at me for asking...I'm the new UPN Minister of Mergers...it's my job!!! :) Plus, ima sweet girl, so if you get mad, I'll just cry...:P Anyway, if you could get back to be that'd be dandy!!!!! :) Lizzy...

We still have an embassy on the UPN forums, right?

llearch n'n'daCorna

That we do.

Shall I post there? ;-]

The problem when you proposed your grand tech banking plan was that everyone was tapped out for aid, and we then got slammed, IIRC, with a bunch of tech raiders...

Kasarn

We could just buy tech for each other.

For example, I send $3m to the tech farm and then
@ $3m / 50 tech, they send 50 tech to Tezkat
@ $1.5 / 50 tech, they send 50 tech to Tezkat and either llearch or Valynth
@ $1m / 50 tech, they send 50 tech to Tezkat, llearch and Valynth
@ $750k / 50 tech (w/Foreign Ministry), they send 50 tech to Tezkat, llearch, Valynth and probably Arcalane

Likely $1.5m/50 tech (or just leave the choice up to them). Repeat as desired.

Unless, of course, this is what you meant by "banking". I'm too lazy to look back.

edit: also, you can vote for me or Tezkat in the Purple Senate... it's probably not a good idea to do so, but I just thought I'd mention it :P

Darkdragon

I still have 50 tech from the previous trade, as is willing to continue, at least until when it would be more profitable to buy (Still long off).

PS - I casted the 1 vote Tezkat has already =.=

Tezkat

Quote from: Kasarn on January 14, 2008, 09:29:54 AM
We could just buy tech for each other.

That's sort of what I had in mind. Basically, since we're likely to be the only two guys sending money down, I thought we would have dedicated bankers to avoid the fuss of having to work out middlemen for every transaction.

At any rate, if anyone's up for sending some tech up, I've got monies. Just say the word. :3

In other news, there's a guy asking for our forum coordinates. I don't know if it's such a good idea to make this place public... Should we maybe send a diplomat his way instead?

lucas marcone

ask his intentions....

Tezkat

Yeah, I did. They do have their own forums, if diplomatic relations are indeed what they're after. They've got roughly the same total NS as we do, albeit spread over a lot more nations.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'll wander over his way, and open up diplomatic relations.

And explain that they're welcome to come visit our forums, but given the numbers (700+ users, 11 of whom play CN, and 3351 topics in 17 boards.. and only one topic for CN) it's probably a waste of their time...

Incidentally, just passed 1 million in bills. Woot! ;-]

Darkdragon

Just a quick question, which alliances do we have contact (ie they recognize us as an alliance) and what stances they have with us and us to them? It's a bit difficult to keep track of this politics. Thanks in advance.

llearch n'n'daCorna

We have talked to a whole bunch. So far... no agreements with any of them, other than noting that we exist.

The list of people to whom we have spoken is:
Dark Nation Federation
Auxiliary Army
United Purple Nations
Invicta
The Allegiance
Sofa Commandos

Most have said they're willing to talk about not beating each other up. I think that's about as far as we've got - I've posted an opening post in each forum, and check back every so often, but nobody has taken me up on it in any of them.

note that some of these forums have since collapsed or moved.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. I seem to have dropped 3000 civilians over night.

Any ideas why?

Kasarn

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 25, 2008, 04:55:07 AM
Heh. I seem to have dropped 3000 civilians over night.

Any ideas why?

I'd assume that it's because you lost a trade.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Ok, now imagine I'm responding with a Witt-style blue streak. Nuts.

Arcalane

It's possible that an event wore off. I once lost ~1k pop to an event wearing out. :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nope. I checked events. Need to figure out what the guy had, and get it back. or at least something like it...

Tezkat

Do you guys still get events? I haven't seen one in months. :B

By the way, it's a good idea to check on your trading partners once a week or so, just so you don't get any nasty surprises like that.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Only one of my trading partners is outside the alliance. We'll see - I've already asked someone else, and there's a list of possibles I can ask after that.

Tezkat

I wish I had in-alliance trades again. Replacing my trading partners every month or two is getting to be a real pain. :B

Then again, we're about to lose Danny and his friend. And they're carrying so much juicy tech, too... :dface

llearch n'n'daCorna

I was wrong. The newest of my trades is out-alliance, to an Invicta member.

That one has been stable for 159 days. The others are 183, 327, and 359 days.

I'll see if I can corner Danny and get him to log back in.

Arcalane

Quote from: Tezkat on January 26, 2008, 01:07:19 AM
Do you guys still get events? I haven't seen one in months. :B

Me either. LW events seem just as rare.

Cogidubnus

Weird you guys would be talking about this. I just got an event for the first time!  c:

Hooray +%15 population!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Envy. That's a very very good one. Ride it for all it's worth.

Fresnor

I have 2 events running right now, both a +3 happiness and a +2 happiness event.

Tezkat

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 27, 2008, 02:56:23 PM
Weird you guys would be talking about this. I just got an event for the first time!  c:

Hooray +%15 population!

Damn. That's pretty much the best event there is. Take this time to invest heavily in infra and grab all the bonus improvements you can while it lasts.

It occurs to me that events might simply stop after a nation reaches a certain size. I used to have at least one event (usually a drought :animesweat) active at all times during my first few months... and then they just trickled down and stopped entirely. I never did get that sweet +15% pop event. At my size, it would boost income by nearly a million a day.

lucas marcone

....my nation has never had an event.....never.