Election for the Co-GM positions in "Character Lounge"/Reset Discussion

Started by KarlOmega1, February 12, 2007, 12:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should be the Co-GM of the Character Lounge (select up to two)?

Karl
0 (0%)
Stygian
7 (63.6%)
Aisha
2 (18.2%)
Gareeku
4 (36.4%)
Mel
1 (9.1%)
Boogey
2 (18.2%)
e_voyager
2 (18.2%)
None of the above / We don't need a Co-GM
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 26, 2007, 01:35:08 PM

KarlOmega1

Ok, we have had a bit of a argument in the "Character Lounge" RP...this thread is about who you think should be chosen to be the Co-GMs of the RP...

here are the choices: (can only choose up to 2)

-Karl
-Stygian
-Aisha
-Gareeku
-Mel
-Boogey
-E_voyager

and... vote!

(And can the Mods/Admins add a poll to this? Seems I can't add one...)
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Mel Dragonkitty

Karl, below is a long but serious and thought out post. I hope you read it and think about it and answer me.

You are calling for co-GMs. Can I ask why you feel that we need two people in charge? If Styg is filling the writer/director role what do you envision the co-GM doing? We don't need a producer as we have no time or budget constraints. The only constraint we seem to be under, beyond plot, is staying within the PG rating, which hasn't been a problem. Do you have a problem with the story? Do you have a plot you wish to run? Or is this just about personality conflict?

I'd be interested in your thoughtful answer to these questions because to those of us not inside your head to know your reasons some of your recent behavior has looked less like a GM concerned about keeping the game running smoothly and more like ownership issues. An example from this week: after Styg stated that he had made breakfast did you have a reason to change it to Lilith? Did you have a story that needed everyone in the dining room for you to order the players there? If you had a reason or a plot to fulfill it wasn't evident, not to me anyway.  When the new plot of searching for the missing "heart" was begun did you have a reason to try to kill it by attempting to claim you had the artifact? It was amusing in comic 237, it's not in a serious RP.

I've tried hard to keep this post adult, calm, non-insulting, and asking reasonable questions searching for why this RP has suddenly exploded. I hope that answers can be the same.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Have a poll. Hope it's what you wanted... I set it to run for 14 days, with up to 2 votes each....

Oh, and Bill got nominated to do the dirty work, because he was the one left standing when the music stopped...

... but we -did- discuss this for a couple of days...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Incidentally, the new thread can be started when you all are done polling/discussing.

I would like to stress that there should be no grudges or ill will from the previous thread spilling into the new one. It's called a "reset" for a reason.

Boog

I did not see this coming and am surprised by this turn of events. Yes I am.

Well Karl, you can't deny a common theme when it comes to RPs and you. Your characters tend to go Munchkin, you make a poor DM, you hijack posts and you get angry when people react accordingly to it. Were this the old forum, I'd have a link to the old SAIA RP. Who should be GM? Whoever can run a plotline that interests the other players. Right now, that would be Stygian.

bill

This thread is for discussion about the reset. This is not a spillover thread for fighting.

Gareeku

Well great. Just frickin' great. Personally I am glad there is a reset. Now hopefully we can get back to what this particular forum is all about. If you need me to spell it out, then you're obviously retarded.

Boog

I'm discussing the GM issue. No intention of being argumentitive here, just making a point.

Mel Dragonkitty

Since the plot was on the verge of leaving the building anyway I'd like to suggest splitting the RP in two. Give Karl the Lounge thread to resurrect as he wishes and those who were following Stygian's plotline regarding the search for the missing artifact can follow him. Since there are personalities involved that get along as well as Siamese fighting fish I believe distance is the best solution.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on February 12, 2007, 10:46:51 AM
Karl, below is a long but serious and thought out post. I hope you read it and think about it and answer me.

Do you have a problem with the story? Do you have a plot you wish to run? Or is this just about personality conflict?

I'd be interested in your thoughtful answer to these questions because to those of us not inside your head to know your reasons some of your recent behavior has looked less like a GM concerned about keeping the game running smoothly and more like ownership issues. An example from this week: after Styg stated that he had made breakfast did you have a reason to change it to Lilith? Did you have a story that needed everyone in the dining room for you to order the players there? If you had a reason or a plot to fulfill it wasn't evident, not to me anyway.  When the new plot of searching for the missing "heart" was begun did you have a reason to try to kill it by attempting to claim you had the artifact?

One, It had come to my reasoning that Stygian was acting like he was given permission to be a  GM, which I'm sure he wasn't. Two, where was Stygian when he supposedly make Breakfast? In Gareeku's/Aisha's room...can he put a time between when he made breakfast and when he was in the room? third, he claimed that the house once belonged to someone else, other than Kio, me and Lilith...plus claiming there was an artifact there? Sounds like him making himself the GM to me...unless in the disappearence part, we were teleported to another mansion rather than the house returned to normal. that would have made a bit more sense.

Nevertheless, if he's elected...I will then never question his script ever again.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Mel Dragonkitty

Karl, evidently you hadn't noticed that Styg had been the GM since page 12. Kio was in charge from pages 1-5. You basicly mugged the kid and took it over on the bottom of page 5. On page 12 your plot had been dead for a month. If Stygian hadn't taken on the GM role the thread would have been dead in October. 70 solid pages are to his credit. Saying that you're the GM after having put no effort in for five months just makes you look foolish.

And it is this childish refusal to face facts or to act with calm that led me to suggest the split of the thread. Obviously there are strong personalities involved that will never play nice together and the mods would be locking the game again in a few weeks.

Damaris

If we can't rationally approach a decision in an adult manner, I'll be more than happy to set things straight.

I'll be watching this thread, and discussing with the admins.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

And well be pointing and mocking appropriately in private, so you won't know we're doing it. You'd be shocked if you knew the truth!
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Aisha deCabre

We already know you do that.   :3

Quite right...this thread should be about discussion, not throwing opinions around like a hammer, as it seems.  And, IMO, I think that Stygian should be a GM.  Mel is right, the topic was kinda dropping down until he started posting, and put up the plots that ultimately made and helped the thread to the size that it is.  It would have died even with the good RPers making a scene, because honestly, there was nothing going on.  Any RP if it plans on sticking around shouldn't be made ultra-random from the beginning.

Anyone who knows and respects the rules for roleplay and even perhaps has made one of their own before should be GM...Stygian and Gareeku fill that role, heck, most of those on the list do when it comes to respecting the rules.  And if it can't be solved like that, then perhaps as suggested, the thread should just be split for those with different aims.

Heh, and the old one should go in the Treasury too.  Lookit all the views for cryin' out loud.   :mowtongue
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

Wow, I didn't know we ever had a DM or co-DM. Anyway, I think Stygian should be DM, since he's doing a very good job of it.

Stygian

I didn't see any viable options, and I couldn't see the results so I just put my vote on "we don't need a co-GM", seeing as how that's essentially true. However, if I had to vote, it would be difficult. Suffice to say that Mel wouldn't like it, Boogey's too sneaky, and Gar seems too busy. So I guess that Aisha's the only proper choice...

bill

Well, you could have placed a vote on Aisha and "We don't need a co-GM"...  :B

Boog

Sneaky? Moi? I don't know whether to be offended or flattered. >:3

I'm all for Stygian, so long as this plotline is in effect. When it ends, mebbe someone else will be in charge? Or mebbe Styg will have another gem for us. Either way, keeping the random and ordered character lounge RPs seems like a sound plan.

Stygian

Well, if we split the thread in half all of a sudden, I think we'd have to start a new plotline. Of course, that's going to be some work, but I'm sure we can get something going.

Edit: This might also be a good time to announce that I'd very much like some more people in, and would be happy to accomodate, even though it probably means a lot of PMing.

Boog

Stygian

I can do whatever. It's a general RP. That means that the GM is going to have to adapt to the situation rather quickly.

Gareeku

bill

So, would you like the poll edited for one option only?

I can reset the poll if you like, as well.

Damaris

Just FYI, if this is going to be a "character lounge/hangout," it needs to be limited to one location (room, house, mall, whatever the GM defines as one location, as long as it is one structure).

Otherwise, it's just a normal RP, and I would rather the name of lounge/hangout be reserved for something that reflects the spirit of the concept.  That way threads don't go getting closed willy-nilly for redundancy.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Stygian

Affirmative on that one. It's just to read up on some Strindberg, and suddenly one-stage dramas are no problem at all...

Damaris

Awesome.

I read the last few pages of the last one, and as it seems the building burned down (?) it seems like a natural point to start a whole new one.  I hope the characters will be more responsible with their candles and hot plates in the future, or the dormatories will have to ban them ;)

RJ

I'd volunteer... but you people confuse me too easily.  :B And my timezone always means I come in late.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Damaris on February 13, 2007, 10:39:03 AM
Awesome.

I read the last few pages of the last one, and as it seems the building burned down (?) it seems like a natural point to start a whole new one.  I hope the characters will be more responsible with their candles and hot plates in the future, or the dormatories will have to ban them ;)

Heh, or we could make sure that more people don't enter the thread like a flaming comet.   :3  And that's okay RJ, most of us tend to post quite fast.  x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tiny crested flint

Quote from: Stygian on February 12, 2007, 08:38:22 PMEdit: This might also be a good time to announce that I'd very much like some more people in, and would be happy to accomodate, even though it probably means a lot of PMing.

Can I be one of these new people?

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on February 13, 2007, 03:28:20 PMHeh, or we could make sure that more people don't enter the thread like a flaming comet.

I'd promise to be more like a hitchhiker who sit quietly in the back seat.

Stygian

Hey, it's the general lounge! Everyone's basically approved, so long as they don't jump out and start to try and munchkin or prod people with things randomly, or try and take over...