Hi there!

Started by grayvn, October 29, 2006, 10:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayvn

Hi everyone! Since I'm visiting DMFA everyday anyway, I thought I might as well drop in, too.

Beware though: I'm no native speaker, so the odds of gramatically humiliated sentences are high.

bill

Hello, and welcome to the land of the iPod smiley.

:ipod

Do have a good time, and read the rules.

Stygian

îîî What he said. Well, rules are boring but yeah. Amber is nice, but don't expect all mods to be.

I think you'll find we have more grammatically challenged individuals than you here. So no worries. Have a hallucinogenic brownie though, and we can easily remedy that.

Damaris

Thanks for letting us know that you're not a native speaker.  We're much more tolerant of incoherency from people who are not speaking their native language.

Now if only some of the English speakers would bother learning grammar ;)

Where are you from?

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

grayvn

llearch n'n'daCorna

Surely you should only be visiting DMFA four times a week? I mean, it's not updated more frequently than that (at least at present) so...

Oh, and welcome to the funny farm. Have a jacket, they're wonderfully comfortable!
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

Ist das so? Ich, bin aber Schwedisch nicht Deutsch. Aber ich habe einen kleinen Deutschen studiert, und ich weiß die Sprache und Land lieber als ich denke, dass Sie diese Amerikaner dazu erwarten können. Ist gut Sie hier zu haben.

Was that grammatically correct? I seem to forget myself more frequently when speaking german than english.

*EDIT: here is the translation

Is that so? I am Swedish, not German. But I have studied some German, and I know the language and country better than I think you can expect these americans to. It's good to have you here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Styg, read the rules. :-/

Cute though it is, no speaking in any languages that the mods can't read. Otherwise they can't check that you're keeping to the rules, and it excludes everyone who can't read that language from joining in.

... You *might* be able to get away with it if you post a translation in the same post, but I wouldn't push it, were I you. :-)

... just a friendly warning from your local overactive poster :-)

Darkmoon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 29, 2006, 12:14:46 PM
Styg, read the rules. :-/

Cute though it is, no speaking in any languages that the mods can't read. Otherwise they can't check that you're keeping to the rules, and it excludes everyone who can't read that language from joining in.

... You *might* be able to get away with it if you post a translation in the same post, but I wouldn't push it, were I you. :-)

If he posts a translation in the same post, yes, it's fine. We just have to know what was said.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

xHaZxMaTx

Hmm... I understood some of that, I think.

Is that so?  I am Swedish, not German.

Haha, German for Dummies, you have failed me! :dface

Suwako

Hello, German mnan. *waves from the other side of the border*

I'm aiyno wolf, I'm dutch  >:3 My english is far from flawless so don't worry about it  :animesweat
I can't understand much german at all so messaging me in that language is practically useless.

btw: Stygian, you should but up the transelation for that. So damaris and such get a clue of what you where talking about. ( plus I can't make up what the last sentence means  :U)

Quote from: Stygian on October 29, 2006, 12:10:59 PM
Ist das so? Ich, bin aber Schwedisch nicht Deutsch. Aber ich habe einen kleinen Deutschen studiert, und ich weiß die Sprache und Land lieber als ich denke, dass Sie diese Amerikaner dazu erwarten können. Ist gut Sie hier zu haben.

Really? I speak swedish not german. I have learned german for a short period and I am able to speak and ..... when I think, that these americans ...........

Stygian

Close one, Aiyno. The edit is up.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The concerning thing is... I almost understood most of it without the translation.

And I don't speak german at all. Just English, a touch of French, and a dash of Maori...

Suwako

Woohoo! half a year of studying german payed of!  :U

really It wasn't even half a year and I s*cked at german, my average grade was 54/100  :< Thank god for the single word tests. 10! woohoo *dance* average is a acceptable!

:erk That always happens when I think of german...

xHaZxMaTx

I got the first two sentences right. :3

Miaka

I wish I remembered German.

...Oh. right. I haven't spoken it in 6 years.
......And I've been shoving it out of my head with French.

riiiiiiight.

Welcommen! *gives an acorn*

Nikki

*delivers the first trick/smite*

Welcome... :mwaha

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

God-Beast

Quote from: grayvn on October 29, 2006, 10:07:20 AM
Hi everyone! Since I'm visiting DMFA everyday anyway, I thought I might as well drop in, too.

Beware though: I'm no native speaker, so the odds of gramatically humiliated sentences are high.

same here... :p

and we are welcome...i guess! :p

ITOS

Greetings. I am the Monitor of installation 00. I am 7 Itos Atio.

Please be aware of the mows --> :mowcookie and other dangerous stuff --> :rj But if you have been lurking around you probably know this already. :paranoid

Be safe, enjoy your stay. :)
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Tiger_T

Wilkommen! Du bist nicht der/die Einzige hier.
Welcome! You're not the only one here.
:mowwink
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

grayvn

Well, thxy for all the nice welcome wishes/smites/jackets/acorns.
I'll try to fit in. Somehow. Maybe.

QuoteWas that grammatically correct? I seem to forget myself more frequently when speaking german than english.
Err...no. Several smaller mistakes but overall quite ok.
But the fact that you've been studying a small German somehow confuses me. :rolleyes

QuoteSurely you should only be visiting DMFA four times a week?
I probably should, but its part of my daily online routine. That and my terrible insomnia of course.

RJ

Welcome to the forum! Oh! You're missing muffins! *passes over a basket* :rj

Enjoy!

Gareeku

Hey there, welcome to the forums!

Cogidubnus

Ich Shlogen dich mich mienen fisch.
(I will beat you with my fish)

Sorry, it's all the german I know. Welcome to the fourm! :3

grayvn

*looks terrified on the muffins* I'm scared.

llearch n'n'daCorna

So you should be.

RJ's muffins are legendary and infamous. :-)

Roureem Egas

Darn myself for being late. :<

Whatever. Hi and welcome!

Jim Halisstrad

Yo, welcome to the forums.

TheGreyRonin

Welcome to the insanity, Gravyn! Come on in, pull up a couch!

And I'd speak German with you, but like most of the languages I know I'm only fluent in basic survival German (ordering food, where is the restroom?, where can I sleep?) and the ever-popular swearing-like-a-sailor German.

(Funny how many swearwords I have to look up on a daily basis... Funnier if they weren't directed at me...)

Anara

I'm visiting Germany next year with a friend who has forbidden me to speak any of the language since the only words I know would probably get me kicked out of the country :B   The joys of having foreign friends...

Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't eat the muffins if I were you...