Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 18, 2010, 05:07:07 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 04:58:18 PM

Quote from: thegayhare on January 18, 2010, 04:57:09 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 04:50:41 PM

You are not allowed to view this image.

Are you a member of FA?
The image is rated mature, probably for the blood

Nope, I'm not.

Same here, and I see no reason for me to join sites just so I can follow a link.

And its not as if some one could post it somewhere else *cough* photobucket *cough*

I regisered to that site, but I still get that message.

Tapewolf

Quote from: iceick on January 19, 2010, 06:05:57 AM

Quote pyramid!

If you mean FA, there's a setting in the control panel somewhere when you log in to switch the mature filter on and off.  If it's on, you'll get the message.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

iceick

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 19, 2010, 06:08:54 AM
Quote from: iceick on January 19, 2010, 06:05:57 AM

Quote pyramid!

If you mean FA, there's a setting in the control panel somewhere when you log in to switch the mature filter on and off.  If it's on, you'll get the message.

Ah, now can see it, thanks. Wow you can see more detail in this one. I'd like to...

*The rest of this post has been filtered out due to the PG rating.*

Lucheek

AAH.
AAH.
D8

Also... hmm, so an 84 member clan is a pretty good size? Seems smaller than what I would expect.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lucheek on January 19, 2010, 07:18:49 AM
Also... hmm, so an 84 member clan is a pretty good size? Seems smaller than what I would expect.

Yes, it came as a bit of a surprise.  Honestly?  I don't know whether it's still accurate.  But we may get a better idea of this as the leader overview goes on.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Eon

I'm afraid I can't look at that for too long. The whole face-pulling-off thing is too creepy.  :<

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 19, 2010, 03:27:44 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 09:20:48 PM
Yeah, like when briggs described Dan, that made me snort cola.  :D

Briggs... & Stratton?

LOL ... you spotted it.
Muffin for you!

:D

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 19, 2010, 04:18:02 AM
Quote from: SpottedKitty on January 19, 2010, 02:17:21 AM
I wonder, will this mini-arc settle the question of whether all clan leaders/founders are (or become) giants, or does appearing like that just tickle Cyra's fancy?

And Siar.  I don't know, but I doubt they have to.  If you want to impress or intimidate your children, giant is the way to go.  If you want them to think of you as a friend and equal, you'd probably assume a normal 2-wing form most of the time - accurate communication is only possible between equals.

Fa'Lina isn't a Giant, so I guess that answers that. :)

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 19, 2010, 07:23:27 AM

Yes, it came as a bit of a surprise.  Honestly?  I don't know whether it's still accurate.  But we may get a better idea of this as the leader overview goes on.

Well look at your own family, what's the biggest family gathering you have been to ?
Personally, my biggest extended family gathering was around 112 people, and most of those are dead due to old age now.
The times of huge amounts of children has gone down, as life expectancy has gone up.
Today I think we could not muster more then 50 people or so.

Liken that to a race that can become immortal, and most of them probably only have 2-5 kids for a cubi couple.
Unless they have reason for having a lot of children, Aniz is not the standard I'm guessing.

And then some of them gets slain as well.
And if they have a founder, powers derived from the founder might give them an edge there. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 19, 2010, 10:20:56 AM

Yeah.  She probably doesn't want to spook the students too much.  For Kish'Ta, if what she's implied to have done in the picture is real, she'd need to have skinned and decapitated a giant vixen to make it fit >:3

QuoteWell look at your own family, what's the biggest family gathering you have been to ?
Personally, my biggest extended family gathering was around 112 people, and most of those are dead due to old age now.
Liken that to a race that can become immortal, and most of them probably only have 2-5 kids for a cubi couple.

Depends what their sex drive is like, really.  'Cubi in DMFA look attractive, are stuck in their mid 20s for eons and if Kria is anything to go by have a reputation for seducing people.
Theoretically, yes - they'd limit their population.  In practice, we have no idea.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 19, 2010, 10:38:56 AM

Yeah.  She probably doesn't want to spook the students too much.  For Kish'Ta, if what she's implied to have done in the picture is real, she'd need to have skinned and decapitated a giant vixen to make it fit >:3

Do we know wether or not Krish'Ta is a Giant or not ?

Edit :
On a sidenote, size doesn't always matter, but it does make you more imposing.

Well look at your own family, what's the biggest family gathering you have been to ?

Depends what their sex drive is like, really.  'Cubi in DMFA look attractive, are stuck in their mid 20s for eons and if Kria is anything to go by have a reputation for seducing people.
Theoretically, yes - they'd limit their population.  In practice, we have no idea.

Really, I'm guessing there's a definite limit as to how many times you'd want to go trough the angst laden cubi "teenage years" as a parent. Fa'Lina not withstanding, she's a special case. Heck, that might be the main reason why most cubi parents send their kids to the Academy ... that, and less laundry.

Also, I'm guessing they have some magical form of contraception .. if anything, just so they can have a go at it without having to worry about sudden pregnancy.  :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 19, 2010, 11:01:01 AM
Do we know wether or not Krish'Ta is a Giant or not ?
Like I say, it's probably something they can control.

Really, I'm guessing there's a definite limit as to how many times you'd want to go trough the angst laden cubi "teenage years" as a parent. Fa'Lina not withstanding, she's a special case. Heck, that might be the main reason why most cubi parents send their kids to the Academy ... that, and less laundry.
AFAIK it's intended for adults rather than teens, but your point about the angst stands.

iceick

AAH.
AAH.
D8

LMAO, wow your fear was delicious.

Quote from: Eon on January 19, 2010, 08:11:29 AM
I'm afraid I can't look at that for too long. The whole face-pulling-off thing is too creepy.  :<

Heck, I can see that as only a minor detail in the whole picture. In the long run though, you don't have to worry about compatition.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Anker Steadfast link=topic=6895.msg309465#msg309465Really, I'm guessing there's a definite limit as to how many times you'd want to go trough the angst laden cubi "teenage years" as a parent. Fa'Lina not withstanding, she's a special case. Heck, that might be the main reason why most cubi parents send their kids to the Academy ... that, and less laundry.

Depends on whether your affinity is angst or not. Just think, having kids just so you can feed off their angst. :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

candide

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 06:27:09 PMJust take a man like John Dee who tried to make a Seal of God using math and symbolism!

But mathematics and symbolism are both magical.

Srsly.

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on January 18, 2010, 09:24:31 PMHave you seen her age? I think that technically classifies as a face lift.
Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on January 18, 2010, 09:30:08 PMI just noticed this.... she's doing the best *facepalms*  Ever.
So ... Many ... Bad ... Puns ...

;)

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 05:00:52 PM
Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 18, 2010, 04:58:41 PM
Quote from: thegayhare on January 18, 2010, 04:47:26 PM
not realy if you notice there are stitches on the legs.. so she pulled some one elses face off she's wearing a skin suit, ala ed gein

I ... didn't notice that. That's simply ... just ... GAH!

Alternatively she's *not* wearing someone elses skin suit, and is wearing her *own* skinsuit ... aka, she morphed herself to look like a wolf, then cut it off and stitched it back on again.

That's possibly even creepier than if it's someone elses.  :D

And more appropriate.  Remember:

:shapeshifters

I keep looking for those zippers that everyone else keeps mentioning, and I keep failing to find them.  I see what looks like a few piercings midway down the her thigh.  Or it could just be a contrast/lighting effect that the artist added.  And dangling from her neck, or what's left of it, I see what looks to mee like the charm hanging from a necklace.  Or the end of a ribbon.  There are several horror stories where a beautiful woman has a ribbon tightly wrapped around her neck, the ribbon being the only thing keeping her head attached.  Which would fit a nightmare-eating clan.  In any case, that bit-o-silver-dangly ends; it doesn't extend.  Not much of a zipper then, is it?

Besides, I'm sure that talented 'cubi could not only shapeshift severed/torn skin, but even mostly-detached faces (or other body parts), too.

Which, as Anker pointed out, is even more creepy.  And probably highly unnerving to other 'cubi, besides.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: MinkKish'Ta was one of the first clans to join the SAIA Academy.
Many of the professors, especially those who teach dream travel, are from her clan.

These folks teach at SAIA, and Abel thinks Alexsi is the scariest person he ever met.   :U

She's slipping.

She's hitting her stride.

With regards,
Ted

iceick

Quote from: candide on January 19, 2010, 12:07:56 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 18, 2010, 05:00:52 PM
Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 18, 2010, 04:58:41 PM
Quote from: thegayhare on January 18, 2010, 04:47:26 PM
not realy if you notice there are stitches on the legs.. so she pulled some one elses face off she's wearing a skin suit, ala ed gein

I ... didn't notice that. That's simply ... just ... GAH!

Alternatively she's *not* wearing someone elses skin suit, and is wearing her *own* skinsuit ... aka, she morphed herself to look like a wolf, then cut it off and stitched it back on again.

That's possibly even creepier than if it's someone elses.  :D

Besides, I'm sure that talented 'cubi could not only shapeshift severed/torn skin, but even mostly-detached faces (or other body parts), too.

Heh, heh, heh, love your answer, I only wish I thought up that response. :mwaha

Shachza

Also, I'm guessing they have some magical form of contraception .. if anything, just so they can have a go at it without having to worry about sudden pregnancy.  :)

I'm sure its very simple for shapeshifters to uhh...  detach certain parts from ummm...  other bits.

*PG rating preserved!*

For now...
            <-- #1 that is!

iceick

Quote from: Shachza on January 19, 2010, 12:56:39 PM

I'm sure its very simple for shapeshifters to uhh...  detach certain parts from ummm...  other bits.

*PG rating preserved!*

For now...

You mean like how Mink is a girl, but people keep thinking she's a guy because of her chest?
EDIT: If I'm wrong about Mink's gender, I would either like to have Amber or a quote from Amber to prove it.

AmigaDragon

Yeah.  She probably doesn't want to spook the students too much.  For Kish'Ta, if what she's implied to have done in the picture is real, she'd need to have skinned and decapitated a giant vixen to make it fit >:3

Or maybe she can cause the hide to enlarge/shrink to fit whatever size she is at the moment.

I keep looking for those zippers that everyone else keeps mentioning, and I keep failing to find them.  I see what looks like a few piercings midway down the her thigh.  Or it could just be a contrast/lighting effect that the artist added.  And dangling from her neck, or what's left of it, I see what looks to mee like the charm hanging from a necklace. 

I think that 'charm' is what they're seeing as a zipper.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Mao

Quote from: iceick on January 19, 2010, 01:05:29 PM

You mean like how Mink is a girl, but people keep thinking she's a guy because of her chest?

Uh, since when was Mink's gender ever clarified at all?  It's a 'cubi.  Unless it outright states what it was at birth (i.e. before it grew into the 'cubi ability to shapeshift) its gender is unknown and kinda pointless.  It can be whatever gender it wants once it hits its shape shifting age.  Including 'none'.

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 19, 2010, 02:23:29 PM
It's a 'cubi.  Unless it outright states what it was at birth (i.e. before it grew into the 'cubi ability to shapeshift) its gender is unknown and kinda pointless.  It can be whatever gender it wants once it hits its shape shifting age.

Now this raises a lot of interesting to disturbing possibillities, looking back at the comic...  :U

thegayhare

I keep looking for those zippers that everyone else keeps mentioning, and I keep failing to find them.  I see what looks like a few piercings midway down the her thigh.  Or it could just be a contrast/lighting effect that the artist added. 

Well if you follow the link I posted to ambers fa page
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/3289975/

You can more easily spot the zipper which is at the neck on her chest, and you can also see the big stitches round the butt wings.

also there is a big gap in the shapshifting theory.   Cubi can't shapshift away there clan mark so if she'd just shapshifted her form to look like she's wearing a costume we'd still see here mark, she couldn't cover it up that way. and skinning her self wouldn't work because her own pelt would have the mark too.  so it has to be another fur's skin

candide

Quote from: thegayhare on January 19, 2010, 04:18:08 PM

And more appropriate. Remember:  
 I keep looking for those zippers that everyone else keeps mentioning, and I keep failing to find them.  I see what looks like a few piercings midway down the her thigh.  Or it could just be a contrast/lighting effect that the artist added.

Well if you follow the link I posted to ambers fa page http://www.furaffinity.net/full/3289975/

You can more easily spot the zipper which is at the neck on her chest, and you can also see the big stitches round the butt wings.
You are indeed correct!  I took a look (forgot that I had a FA account), and in the comments, Amber states that Kish'Ta is wearing a cheap off-the-rack costume, but that the face is her own.

Which now takes it from creepy to, "HEH?!?" in 40 seconds.

(Why the heck wear a costume???  She can shapeshift ferchrissyssake!  Why???)

Tapewolf

Quote from: candide on January 19, 2010, 04:39:44 PM
You are indeed correct!  I took a look (forgot that I had a FA account), and in the comments, Amber states that Kish'Ta is wearing a cheap off-the-rack costume, but that the face is her own.

Well, you can get a leather jacket with a zip in it, so the fact that it had one and some stitches wouldn't prevent it being made from the desecrated remains of some unfortunate who got in her way.
But yes, it seems to have been purchased at a department store.  Amber's bit about "Between you and me guys," makes me wonder if she wants that especially public or not, but we can easily ditch this part of it later if she objects  >:3

Whether the mask is something she built herself or the product of shapeshifting is a little vague, but from Amber's other comments about Kish'Ta being all show and little substance, it seems like she's just a bit nuts rather than a grade A psychopath.  I'm not quite sure whether to be greatly relieved or slightly let down.

iceick

I opt for let down. I mean she's supposably a powerful cubi, she should be able to do things like that for real.

Feather Dancer

Quote from: iceick on January 19, 2010, 05:17:16 PM
I opt for let down. I mean she's supposably a powerful cubi, she should be able to do things like that for real.

She probably can, justa combo of lazy and flayed skins smell bad quite quickly.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Tapewolf

Quote from: iceick on January 19, 2010, 05:17:16 PM

I'm sure she could.  But the key to having such power and keeping it is to use that power responsibly.  If you create too many enemies you could end up like Siar and the others  :B

thegayhare

Quote from: candide on January 19, 2010, 04:39:44 PM

(Why the heck wear a costume???  She can shapeshift ferchrissyssake!  Why???)

because that would ruin the effect.

If she just shapshifted her clan symbol would be front and center and any one who knew enough about cubi would know it's a shapshifting trick.  while here if its a suit you don't know if its real or not.

Mam I hadn't gone back to check for a while so I missed the off the rack costume thing

Amber Williams

Kish'Ta is a clan leader who is far less vicious than one would assume.  And in a way, being terrifying is an artform to her and her clan.  Which is often about subtle things and applying details that borderline absurd and twist realities.  If anything, Kish'Ta and her clan have had a lot of time to refine themselves and so brutal tactics just feel cheap to many of their clan.

As for the fox outfit, as I mentioned on FA, the actual suit is average department story jammies.  She did modify the sides to let her wings stick out. Because really, walking around in a skin suit just makes you look morbid and uncreative. Not to mention oh god the itchies. Having tea in fuzzy jammies then suddenly pop off your face, that's entertainment. :U

And really, she's 24k years old. Who in their right mind is going to tell her she's too old to be wearing jammies?

It's good to be the boss.