03/26/09 [DMFA #986] - He'd have expected this from Kria…

Started by Jairus, March 26, 2009, 11:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Wow, go Kria. Totally. Also, absolutely hilarious.

But wow, Aliph hit it on the head: Kria really was the one going after Dan. Also, Aliph officially knows that Dan is clan Cyra. And apparently Cyra has some form of status attached to it: appropriate, given that their clan leader still lives.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Pagan

Well now... That's interesting. Where to now, I wonder.

Also, I likey the close ups on Aliph's face.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

M

Looks like Aliph's going to die again, but not because of Dan this time. >:3

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm wondering if Aliph's fear of Kria is based on Malletspace rules (The offended party always wins) a not wishing to antagonize his little sister perhaps? More and more though, I'm starting to think that Kria might be more powerful than her older brother. Aliph has trouble with one pesky adventurer. Kria wipes out cities.

Jairus. I'm not doubting you about the whole "Cyra is still alive" business, but where exactly is this sourced?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Pagan

Err... I don't have a definite source at the moment, but I know it is said that in order for a Cubi's tentacles to have heads on the end, the clan leader must still be alive. Dan's tentacles have headwings. Dan is part of clan Cyra. Cyra, the founder, is still alive.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Jairus

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on March 27, 2009, 12:21:03 AM
Jairus. I'm not doubting you about the whole "Cyra is still alive" business, but where exactly is this sourced?
Um... I don't quite know where it is, but according to Amber, if a Cubi has heads on the ends of their tentacles (like Dan or Fa'Lina do), then their clan founder (in Dan's case, Cyra) is still alive, and giving them a bit of a boost in their power. Tapewolf might know where Amber said this.

EDIT: Ninja'ed!

EDIT 2: Found it! And the source itself.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Arcblade

DP's face is hysterical in the last panel.  Snerk. 

Janus Whitefurr

Now, is Kria grumpy about what Aliph said about her, or is she grumpy because Aliph just insulted Lorenda?

Either/or? Both?
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

tiggertoo

Apparently, whatever getting killed and resurrected did to Aliph, it didn't make him totally stupid. That last panel is made of win.  :)  I'd rather fight two Aliphs than one Kria.

But now I'm wondering what status in demon society consists of. What do they consider truly status worthy? How is it attained and maintained?

Teh_Hobo

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on March 27, 2009, 12:21:03 AM
I'm wondering if Aliph's fear of Kria is based on Malletspace rules (The offended party always wins) a not wishing to antagonize his little sister perhaps? More and more though, I'm starting to think that Kria might be more powerful than her older brother. Aliph has trouble with one pesky adventurer. Kria wipes out cities.

I'm not so sure about Kria being more powerful than Aliph. While yes, Kria wipes out cities, but Aliph did create an entire race. He made a few mistakes with that, but you would probably need to be plenty powerful to do something of that magnitude. Bringing the dead to life would likely require an almost godly power, unless theres something I'm missing.
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Turnsky

damn, now i'll haveta draw Kria doing the "Demon Equine Look O' Doom", now.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

icarus

ahhh one often does not seek to aggravate the sibling who just ressurected you

though this strip is real interesting on a point i'm shocked nobody's brought up yet-

we're seeing dan from DP's perspective.
which is almost identical to DP from dan's perspective!

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Hellcat

yeash demons are becomming just as prejudice as beings

Achronycal

Quote from: Hellcat on March 27, 2009, 02:05:41 AM
yeash demons are becomming just as prejudice as beings

So everyone's a little bit racist, okay!
Ethnic jokes might be uncouth, but you laugh because they're based on truth...

:B

Baal Hadad

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!   :giggle

Well, I never expected to see the Dark Pegasus with that expression on his face--and apparently it's his sister who prompted that.  I don't know if it's only because she's been reviving him and thus he's under her power, or if that would have been the case anyway, or what it is, but MAN!!

Way to take charge, Kria!

Seth

Kria: I remade you once, I can unmake you!

Kria is so full of win in this. I love her angry face. Don't want to see it pointed at me though, yergh...  :erk
If you know what I did... Then kudos to you.

Tapewolf

Quote from: icarus on March 27, 2009, 01:58:34 AM

Yes, that was the thing which really leapt out at me about this page.  Particularly since that is exactly what Lorenda herself has done on a number of occasions (encyclopedia salesmen etc).

I guess the question is, is Dan with it enough to pick up what DP just said about him and Lorenda being together?

EDIT:

Quote from: Jairus on March 26, 2009, 11:57:16 PM
Also, Aliph officially knows that Dan is clan Cyra.

My guess is through Destania (evil beach party?).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

mopman

Never , ever piss off your sister , she knows all your weak points and she know you won't hit her back. :erk
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

inuhanyo

Dan (at 15): "...except for sisters!  I can barely handle the one I have!"

Kria, at first was interested in sparring with Dan, to see if she was any better than her brother.  I think it's more that Aliph is inhibited because Kria is his sister.

And I notice that Kria's line is in the same style of speech bubble Dan had, when he was talking to Regina.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 27, 2009, 04:04:52 AM
Quote from: icarus on March 27, 2009, 01:58:34 AM

Yes, that was the thing which really leapt out at me about this page.  Particularly since that is exactly what Lorenda herself has done on a number of occasions (encyclopedia salesmen etc).

I guess the question is, is Dan with it enough to pick up what DP just said about him and Lorenda being together?

EDIT:

Quote from: Jairus on March 26, 2009, 11:57:16 PM
Also, Aliph officially knows that Dan is clan Cyra.

My guess is through Destania (evil beach party?).

my guess that the only one who doesn't know much about Clan Cyra, is Dan.

Kipiru

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on March 27, 2009, 04:18:35 AM

That may well be, but it doesn't obviate the Destania link.  DP probably hasn't seen the clan mark yet, and it wasn't visible before anyway.  Dan himself is apparently being kept secret from the Dragons, so that Cyra has a new member named Daniel Ti'Fiona is probably not that well known.

Feather Dancer

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

And if she happens to be a demon well all the better I'd say.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

PinkKitty

Ehehehe... I hope Aliph got some new horse-shoes after being resurrected, because he may have to do some running.

I would think Kria's mood swing would be ESPECIALLY dangerous right now because she was feeling EXTREMELY happy before Aliph went and opened his big mouth. Now the only question is... Is Kria the one to hold a grudge, or simply shrug it off... Considering she ate Lorenda's father, the latter is unlikely... but since it is her brother, who knows...

Either way I think it is safe to say that Aliph will probably be making a semi-dramatic exit tomorrow.

Tapewolf

Now I'm curious as to why DP considers Lorenda to be so high-caste, when she's only half-Demon.  Maybe the Soulstealers are a family of more quality than we assumed.

Feather Dancer

Well we know they're in control or in some sense with Zinvth from what Kria said previously:

Clickie here.

There, long history of power and prestige, plus a founding family of a well known demon city that presumbly still stands....  Plus it's likely they're one of the families Fa'lina refered to when Aniz was rattled out for screwing over another clan. Course we missed out on the rest she was going to say so who knows what else she was going to.

[/edit] Genius there, I broke the url link :(

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 27, 2009, 05:12:49 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on March 27, 2009, 04:18:35 AM

That may well be, but it doesn't obviate the Destania link.  DP probably hasn't seen the clan mark yet, and it wasn't visible before anyway.  Dan himself is apparently being kept secret from the Dragons, so that Cyra has a new member named Daniel Ti'Fiona is probably not that well known.

well, makes sense, considering that DP may well know that Dee is from Cyra. he probably simply put two and two together.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on March 27, 2009, 07:31:44 AM
well, makes sense, considering that DP may well know that Dee is from Cyra. he probably simply put two and two together.
That's basically what I was trying to say in the first place.  You've done a better job of explaining it, though.

Quote from: Feather Dancer on March 27, 2009, 07:09:00 AM
Well we know they're in control or in some sense with Zinvth from what Kria said previously:
Ah.  I had forgotten that, it would certainly explain it.

Feather Dancer

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 27, 2009, 07:35:18 AM
Ah.  I had forgotten that, it would certainly explain it.

But I thought you had an insanely good memory for these things Tape :o