02/26/09 [Abel 2 #47] - Revenge, Pain and Terror

Started by Jairus, February 26, 2009, 01:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

For some reason, I sense conflict between Fa'Lina and Destania. Oh... I don't think I'd want to be on the receiving end of a Fa'Lina Glower.

You know, I can also sense a potential reason for why Abel doesn't like Destania: because she kept pushing him towards revenge on Aniz when Abel decided to get on with his life at Fa'Lina's urging. Though I'm probably quite wrong, and am willing to see where this goes.

In other news, the mouse lives! Huzzah! Rainbows for everyone!

Or muffins.
:doommuffin
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Janus Whitefurr

My only reaction, based entirely on Destania's dialogue, her expression, and Fa'lina's response?

"Oh, this cannot be good."
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Jairus on February 26, 2009, 01:20:40 AM
You know, I can also sense a potential reason for why Abel doesn't like Destania: because she kept pushing him towards revenge on Aniz when Abel decided to get on with his life at Fa'Lina's urging. Though I'm probably quite wrong, and am willing to see where this goes.

In other news, the mouse lives! Huzzah! Rainbows for everyone!

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Not only a new update, but the update includes DESTANIA!  The minute I saw her I burst out laughing!   :giggle

"How...uncoincidental of you to be here."

Also, do I smell Mephistopheles here...?

Tyranastrasz

Man, Amber is good at coming up with memorable one-liners. I still use the "I thought my daily dose of uppity paladin was lacking..." line at least once a week while playing WoW.

Saist

A: Dan's mom is /hot/

B: ... I really do NOT want to think about what I just said.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Saist on February 26, 2009, 01:36:10 AM

"Sure thing, Oedipus."

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 26, 2009, 01:37:27 AM
Quote from: Saist on February 26, 2009, 01:36:10 AM

"Sure thing, Oedipus."

"I thought only hummingbirds could fly that way."

Terrion

All things considered, Between Aniz' deciding that it worth extending the ban Fa'Lina placed on his plans to enroll more of his offspring in SAIA in order to avoid Destania, and Destania's now clearly stated view that anyone in their right mind who ever met Aniz should feel the desire to torture him and rend his soul to shreds...

This puts a severe cramp in the idea of Aniz being Dan's father.

Or he's pulling a repeat with how he deceived May. And has a serious subconsious deathwish as there's no way Destania wouldn't kill him if that ever came to light...

Now, I could see the Ti'Fiona family being distantly related to the Rewanz family if Cid had any brothers or sisters from whom Edward may be decended from...  :3

And yes, Dan's mom is indeed HOT!   >:3

And vindictive...

And quite possibly evil...

Jairus

I'd like to submit that Lorenda looks very nice after (presumably) having a dip in Jy's pool, and I absolutely love seeing work-in-progress pictures so thank you very much for this, Amber. And as Janus pointed out to me when I showed it to him, her wings seem a bit larger now. Artistic license or she's growing into them? It's a mystery for the ages.

I hope your mouse sees logic soon and returns to work properly, Amber.

And I also did not think of that, Terrion. Thanks for pointing that out. Heheh. D is indeed coming across as a bit evil here... and elsewhere, of course.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Azlan

The entire first panel is distracting... I can only see Fa'Lina's breasts.  Somehow I am not displeased with this.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

jeffh4

Finally a chance to establish the classic (i.e. old) Destania personality.  We know about who she was then only by reputation, and BOY did she ever make an impression on Abel and Aaryanna.  

... Sorry. I haven't memorized where all the past comics in the Archive are so I can't link to those impression scripts.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Terrion on February 26, 2009, 01:49:50 AM
And yes, Dan's mom is indeed HOT!   >:3

And vindictive...

And quite possibly evil...
Agreed on all counts. And we finally see the Destania described by Abel. I have to wonder, though, at her first comment, about Fa'lina and revenge. There's some intriguing back-story there, that I hope we get to see eventually: all we have at the moment are hints and guesses.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Kipiru

I guess it's not just me that has noted that Amber seems to have set the sexy levels of her female characters on Max lately.  :boogie

Madmann135

Quote from: Kipiru on February 26, 2009, 03:11:36 AM
I guess it's not just me that has noted that Amber seems to have set the sexy levels of her female characters on Max lately.  :boogie

It's not just you.  Though Dee is hot all by herself.

Somehow when I read this comic and though about when Abel and Dan were at the academy something came to mind.  Who knows if Aniz is still alive... somehow I am starting to think that Edward Ti'Fona had done Aniz in going by what was said to Abel.
I mean Edward did marry a succubus and Dee does love him... Aniz hates her so it is not that big of a stretch that Aniz found out about Edward and decided to give her a little pain and suffering... only to be on the receiving end.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kipiru on February 26, 2009, 03:11:36 AM

I'm sure she has a few more notches she can pull out. ;-] Incubus level hot, remember?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

jeffh4

Note that Destiana started and ended her speech to Fa'Lina with "I am talking to you. . . To make him suffer for the suffering he caused you?" 

What suffering did Aniz cause to Fa'Lina?  A political inconvenience, an embarrassment, a major setback for Jin's Clan, but I think suffering is an exaggeration.  Somehow I doubt Aniz had anything to do with the genocide of Fa'Lina's clan. He wouldn't have survived his faux pas if he had: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_016.php

Tapewolf

Or he's pulling a repeat with how he deceived May. And has a serious subconsious deathwish as there's no way Destania wouldn't kill him if that ever came to light...

You're not wondering why Dee has it in for him.  That could be key.  Look at strip 298.  Is this not what Dee would do if she came face-to-face with Aniz, having failed to make Abel into some kind of avatar to carry out her will?

Either way, something happened between the last two panels that stopped her and at that level of wrath, I don't think it makes much difference whether her victim is Aniz or just some random Being.  That said, I'm not convinced she'd give such a complex speech to a some random Being she just ran into... IMHO she'd just kill them out of hand like swatting a fly.

Personally, I think that if it is Aniz, he found some way of defusing the situation.  Like I said, we don't know why Dee is that vindictive.  Consider the results if she did finally locate Aniz and then discovered she was after the wrong guy, or that he did whatever upset her under duress.

**EDIT**

Quote from: Madmann135 on February 26, 2009, 03:12:07 AM
I mean Edward did marry a succubus and Dee does love him...
That only came later.  When she first saw him, she informed him that she was going to destroy him.  See strip 298.

**EDIT EDIT**

Now that's out of the way, I'll just say that Dee's talk of destroying someone's soul - whatever they did - kind of offsets her hotness rather.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Psy-Kosh

Something that occurs to me: Fa'Lina seems not to approve all that much of cubi behaving in, well, the stereotypical cubi ways and wants them to try to learn to be a bit nicer...

But... then why, if she's the one that started the school, rules it, etc, did she explicitly create a position of a pain/terror teacher and hire for it?

Isn't this a bit of a "uh... do you want to discourage or actively encourage that sort of behavior, which is it?" thing?

Terrion

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 26, 2009, 03:54:56 AM
Now that's out of the way, I'll just say that Dee's talk of destroying someone's soul - whatever they did - kind of offsets her hotness rather.

Well, yes, it does at that...

I suppose she must have mellowed out at some point over the years to some extent or other, even if only just as recently as Dan's birth (the point at which the Phoenix Oracles state that Destania came to an end, meaning her rebirth as Dee).

Able himself said that, while nice cubi do exist, they are in the minority. Most cubi are culturally inclined to be ammoral at the very least, if not outright evil. In other words, a bunch of arrogant jerks. (This is heavily paraphrased in both cases, and not a direct quote)

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on February 26, 2009, 05:32:35 AM
Something that occurs to me: Fa'Lina seems not to approve all that much of cubi behaving in, well, the stereotypical cubi ways and wants them to try to learn to be a bit nicer...

But... then why, if she's the one that started the school, rules it, etc, did she explicitly create a position of a pain/terror teacher and hire for it?

Isn't this a bit of a "uh... do you want to discourage or actively encourage that sort of behavior, which is it?" thing?

I suspect that Fa'Lina desires to limit such behavior as it pertains to other cubi and to otherwise teach discretion when engaging in such behavior against other creatures and beings so as to cut down on the general levels of hostility that lead to her founding SAIA. Even if she's trying to discourge such inclinations altogether, they were rather heavily ingrained into cubi culture at the time so she may be taking the long view of gradual changes rather than abrupt ones that would meet with greater resistance.

Michael Chandra

All things considered, Between Aniz' deciding that it worth extending the ban Fa'Lina placed on his plans to enroll more of his offspring in SAIA in order to avoid Destania, and Destania's now clearly stated view that anyone in their right mind who ever met Aniz should feel the desire to torture him and rend his soul to shreds...

Eh, I don't know. The timeline still matches and the two clearly have some kind of interest in each other, since her vested interest was trying to push him into fighting Aniz. She's already started manipulating him in his sleep.

Quote from: Azlan on February 26, 2009, 01:54:06 AM
The entire first panel is distracting... I can only see Fa'Lina's breasts.  Somehow I am not displeased with this.
"Sensuous? Shapely? Lush? Buxom? Voluptuous? *Sigh* I swear I don't know why I bother with these girls, it's not like anyone notices them..."

Tapewolf

The more I look at this, the less hot Destania seems to me.  She can look that way, but the way she is here, she's just frightening.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Malakin

"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: Malakin on February 26, 2009, 06:32:06 AMHe he, sorry could not resist :P
:mwaha You just made me spray my espresso all over my laptop!  Damn, I need to quit having my morning jolt at the PC while reading this stuff...scratch that, I need to quit having drinks at the PC....like forever!
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Kipiru

Quote from: Malakin on February 26, 2009, 06:32:06 AM

He he, sorry could not resist :P

Now that IS proper behaviour for a healthy young incubus!  ;)

Pagan

Nice corset, Dest. Succubus level hot, succubus level evil.
Whee! Lorenda!

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Ghostwish

Between you and me, I'm categorizing this strip as fan service. :D

Magic

Quick, let us ask everyone. "Without looking again at the comic, what is the colour of Destania's eyes?"
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Lisky

... green
(viva piniata  style children cheering)   :U

so, anyone else left with the feeling that D is putting up a bit of a front? showing off for the new student if you will...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Mao

Quote from: Ink on February 26, 2009, 09:24:40 AM

Quick, let us ask everyone. "Without looking again at the comic, what is the colour of Destania's eyes?"

I was so hoping you'd post that.

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Ink on February 26, 2009, 09:24:40 AM

Green.

For some reason I want to see her on a unicycle.