02/14/09 [DMFA #971] - You!

Started by Cogidubnus, February 13, 2009, 11:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

Hm.

I...

Well, I guess they aren't so touchy-feely as her previous appearance would have you believe.

That said, that is most certainly not the right way to serve drinks.

Meech

I can't tell if the look on Dan's face is fear or anger.  Regina hit him and then ran off screaming.  That seems to me to be the reaction of a woman scorned.  Maybe she is Dan's ex?

Janus Whitefurr

Ouch. Platter and glass to the face. That's gotta sting.

...also, if that's Dan doing the snarling (likely since it's getting louder and Regina's not there), angry kitty is angry.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Howl

Corgatha Taldorthar

heheheheh. Hmm, this makes me wonder though. Dan ought to be able to sense emotions by now right? You'd think he'd have picked up on that sort of dislike and be flinching away from the blow............

Or maybe Regina is just really fast.

EDIT. Read the blurb. In a perverse way, it is completely appropriate Amber. From all the single people here, I give a heartfelt chuckle.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 13, 2009, 11:46:23 PM
Ouch. Platter and glass to the face. That's gotta sting.

I do believe there's a little blood in that shattered glass and spilled drink.

Gamma

Anger, I believe pure unadulterated anger. Regina is well known for nearly killing Wildy. She has gotten his fur on end as well.

I wonder if this will become a good old "Smash N' Stab" type of affair?

The blood seems to be coming either from his nose or his eye. Less likely would be anywhere else on the face, either way it's gonna bleed, alot.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Pagan

Geeee--oooowww! Yeah, I think they remember each other. I know this might be too hopeful, but it would be nice to have a good fight scene in the next few comics. Regardless, Dan's scream makes me think more violence is coming soon.

Bloodshed is a wonderful way to kick off a happy Valentine's Day.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Starcat5

Wow! This is the most epically thematically appropriate Broken Heart's Day comic I have read in quite some time. :heart
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Gamma on February 14, 2009, 12:00:05 AM
Anger, I believe pure unadulterated anger. Regina is well known for nearly killing Wildy. She has gotten his fur on end as well.

I wonder if this will become a good old "Smash N' Stab" type of affair?

The blood seems to be coming either from his nose or his eye. Less likely would be anywhere else on the face, either way it's gonna bleed, alot.

Looking at the second panel, and assuming that anything red is blood, (Whatever drink was being served, seemed to be clear. Champagne perhaps?) Dan seems to have a scratch on his ear, and some gash on his left side of the face, probably right around the eye. Anything else is hard to tell from the shot, although if there are two glasses and a bottle being broken then he's likely got cuts all over his face.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lego3400

Seth

Eh, this is the guy who just stood there as Merlitz was trying to explain something with is hand bleeding all over the place. He'll be fine.

I think...   :boogie
If you know what I did... Then kudos to you.

GabrielsThoughts

I don't know the text used by dan doesn't seem to convey a sense of dread and venom in the same way the bubble seems to imply.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

e_voyager

my guess is that things did not go well when last they met and now she's undead because of it.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

LOZF

Have they met before?  I can't remember. :P

Sukasa

I have to admit, I find Kria's response to the whole situation quite funny.  Well done!

inuhanyo

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 13, 2009, 11:52:37 PM
heheheheh. Hmm, this makes me wonder though. Dan ought to be able to sense emotions by now right? You'd think he'd have picked up on that sort of dislike and be flinching away from the blow............

Or maybe Regina is just really fast.

EDIT. Read the blurb. In a perverse way, it is completely appropriate Amber. From all the single people here, I give a heartfelt chuckle.
Initially, they were both completely surprised.  Regina recovered enough to act first, hit Dan and ran.

About what I expected.

Well, whether that one panel was memory or imagination, Dan has obviously had to have seen Regina at some point in the past, and her cast page says she almost killed Wildy, who has been Dan's friend since before he was a teenager.   Recall that my speculation is that Regina is at Kria's hiding from Dan. So yeah, enemies.  Dan, being a guest of Kria's, might not have attacked Regina on sight, but that's moot now.  Kria might get her wish to see how good Dan is in combat, real soon.

joshofspam

Wow. That was definitely more painful than a slap to the face.

Dan hurt and screaming through the door bloody murder. Regina must have got really close to killing Wilde if he's that pissed. I can't remember him getting this worked up before. Yes he could be from anger and pain. But Dan has really give the impression that he doesn't lose his cool this easily
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Jairus

Wow... I was expecting an argument, but that's a little more extreme that I expected. Kria seems to be taking it all in stride, though. This promises to be... fun.

:popcorn
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Howl

One of the falling shards in the last panel looks like it's covered in blood.

Oh, and to the dense. The red on the floor is carpet. If it were Dan's blood, he'd be dead by then.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Minishear on February 14, 2009, 01:41:20 AM

Oh, and to the dense. The red on the floor is carpet. If it were Dan's blood, he'd be dead by then.
Good eye there, Minishear.  I missed that detail.

Well, at least Dan's wing tendrils didn't manifest.  He'd be unhappy about that, if it happened.  When he finally noticed.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Minishear on February 14, 2009, 01:41:20 AM

Thank GOODNESS....   :erk

It's official--I do NOT like Regina so far....

I don't even know what Dan may have done to deserve that, but I don't like this--this is Abel's Story-type stuff now....  I just wonder where it's going to go from here....

Jairus

Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 14, 2009, 01:55:39 AM
I don't even know what Dan may have done to deserve that, but I don't like this--this is Abel's Story-type stuff now....  I just wonder where it's going to go from here....
"You dumped me, and all I did was try to kill my rival for your affections!"

Sorry, that leaped into my head.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

inuhanyo

Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 14, 2009, 01:55:39 AM
It's official--I do NOT like Regina so far....

Regina is not a nice Creature.  She is exactly the kind that Dan has spent his adventuring career dealing with.  Harshly.

As for their backstory, I don't see any shipping involved.  Big bad demoness Regina is running for her life from Daniel Ti'Fiona, who has slain a much older, stronger, and more experienced demon than she.  Multiple times.

She's bought herself a lead, though not a great one.  Now it's a chase.  Which of them is faster?  Regina has the advantage of knowing the house.  Can she get to a hiding place without Dan spotting her?  Will she ask for help from Devin?  Would Devin even try and give it?  Tune in tomorrow, folks... :eager

Kipiru

Rejoice- they are off to a horrible start, I wouldn't be surprised if they engage in combat the next panel! For now it's still Matilda on the top spot for Dan's heart!

Howl

Really, I'd rather Dan/Mab.

*Prepares Flame Shield*

Kipiru

Quote from: Minishear on February 14, 2009, 03:08:38 AM
Really, I'd rather Dan/Mab.

*Prepares Flame Shield*

I really think that ship has sailed- it kind of feels like the whole Harry/ Hermione delusion- it just won't be!

Tapewolf

I think it's a neat touch that it's Regina who is the aggressor here.  Dan was not pleased to see her, but not least because he's here on a mission, attacking her out of hand would have been a Bad Thing.  Now he's the victim.

Tentacles aside it'll be interesting to see if Dan's headwings reappear when he's distracted in this manner.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jack McSlay

I'm guessing Dan is the reason why Regina now lives on Kria's mansion doing housework
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

SuaveIV

Best Singles Awareness Day comic EVER!