02/13/09 [DMFA #970] - Ooof...

Started by VSMIT, February 13, 2009, 02:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

I wonder how this one's gonna turn out...

Jairus

The expression on Regina's shirt pretty much seems to sum this one up. Oh crud...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Kayriel

What's the going speculation on their relationship?
<3 Abel

Janus Whitefurr

Well, upcoming moment of undoubted flailing and panic and maybe weapons and drama aside, it's nice to see that Kria can concede defeat, even if she doesn't like it. And that Dan can handle that particular situation admirable when it comes down to dialogue.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Jer-oh-me

Completely pointless post: Seeing as everyone's covered my initial reactions to the comic, I am honestly lost for words. I suppose that's how Dan and Regina feel.

Elieana

Paladin Sheppard

Quote from: Elieana on February 13, 2009, 03:19:19 AM
I foresee a fight. :popcorn

*Sits down next to Elieana to watch the fight aswell*

Darkdragon

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on February 13, 2009, 03:29:16 AM
Quote from: Elieana on February 13, 2009, 03:19:19 AM
I foresee a fight. :popcorn

*Sits down next to Elieana to watch the fight aswell*
Pass some popcorn, please. Even if this turns out to be a flashback episode I would be entertained.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Jairus on February 13, 2009, 02:33:12 AM
The expression on Regina's shirt pretty much seems to sum this one up. Oh crud...

Wouldn't it be funny if the shirt were like a mood ring?  Meaning it would betray her emotions regardless of what her own face looked like?

Well, I thought it might be funny....

Jairus

Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 13, 2009, 03:56:38 AM

Wouldn't it be funny if the shirt were like a mood ring?  Meaning it would betray her emotions regardless of what her own face looked like?

*imagines what the shirt would look like if Regina still had the hots for Dan*
Ahem. Maybe that isn't such a good idea...

!KCA

Dan can make it down the hallway without trouble. Getting through the doorway, however. . .

Quote from: Jairus on February 13, 2009, 03:58:38 AM
*imagines what the shirt would look like if Regina still had the hots for Dan*

Exactly the same.

Kipiru

Wow, Dan actually shows some levelheadedness in the first panel- he almost sound respectable! Me likes! As for that pink harpy- I guess it was inevitable- now she is officially here to stay!

Valynth

Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 13, 2009, 03:56:38 AM

Dan is a 'cubi, so he'd know what she was feeling anyway, especially if he hasn't learned how to fully filter emotions yet.

Anyway, I bet Amber steam rolls us and they just exchange pleasentries and move on as though nothing happened.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on February 13, 2009, 04:07:20 AM
Wow, Dan actually shows some levelheadedness in the first panel- he almost sound respectable! Me likes!
It has been suggested that a lot of his stupidity is a front.  I'd like to think so, anyway...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 13, 2009, 04:16:03 AM
Wow, Dan actually shows some levelheadedness in the first panel- he almost sound respectable! Me likes!
It has been suggested that a lot of his stupidity is a front.  I'd like to think so, anyway...
Hey, Jyrras did call him "possibly one of the most intelligent beings alive." Granted, Dan did turn out to be a 'Cubi, but the point still stands. A nice round of obfusticating stupidity on Dan's part would give him an edge over his opponents when they underestimate him. Of course, that's when you have to ask where the line between smart and stupid is drawn, since some of his "duh" moments do feel natural... it's too early to talk about stuff like this. I'm going to bed.

AmigaDragon

I predict delayed reaction on both their parts, they definitely pass and take at least a few more steps before reacting.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Sofox

"I should be able to get down a hallway without getting into trouble."
Dan, I think in this case, your naïvety is forgivable.

Ren Gaulen

Wow, Dan can get in trouble practically without doing anything at all. He must have a special adventuring skill for that. "Attract Troubles" it's called. :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 13, 2009, 06:14:39 AM
Wow, Dan can get in trouble practically without doing anything at all. He must have a special adventuring skill for that. "Attract Troubles" it's called. :B
Also known as "Being the Hero".

Interestingly, Dan's wings haven't fluffed out in the last panel.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 13, 2009, 06:30:59 AM
He is paralysed by the shock. :B

Tapewolf

What's really going to be weird is if Regina utters something about the 'Cubi representative.  That is really going to confuse Dan.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Kayriel on February 13, 2009, 02:49:13 AM
What's the going speculation on their relationship?

Mine is that they last parted under hostile circumstances.  According to her cast page, Regina nearly killed Wildy.  I'm speculating that Regina is laying low  to avoid the presumed wrath of Wildy's friend, Daniel Ti'Fona, slayer of Dark Pegasus.  Whom she now has just (almost litterally) run into.

Quote from: Jairus on February 13, 2009, 04:20:42 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 13, 2009, 04:16:03 AM
Hey, Jyrras did call him "possibly one of the most intelligent beings alive." Granted, Dan did turn out to be a 'Cubi, but the point still stands. A nice round of obfusticating stupidity on Dan's part would give him an edge over his opponents when they underestimate him. Of course, that's when you have to ask where the line between smart and stupid is drawn, since some of his "duh" moments do feel natural... it's too early to talk about stuff like this. I'm going to bed.
There is a lot of humor in this comic, much of it at Dan's expense.  On the other hand, Dan's killled DP at least twice, so he has to be a competent adventurer.

Chaos

I'm calling that Regina was Dan's first girlfriend. The blood on the hands thing was a flashback to their dramatic breakup.

Akisohida

Hmmm, Dan = Mal from Firefly? Heck, even Mals first and last name mean 'Bad Luck'. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Mao

Hmm.  I wonder how the past went with those two anyway.  I mean if I were to just look at the bits of info I have (being that Regina was in Dans memory and imploring him to be with her, Regina has nearly killed Wildy and has been noted for it) and the look of discomfort/recognition (it's hard to tell with her eyes) I would almost say that she was trying to impress Dan with a display of her power which just happened to be exacted on Wildy.  Why she would want to impress him, I have no idea but that would be my rough guess.  I suppose it could be a motivation similar to Kria in that she wants what she can't likely have.

I can't wait to find out what it actually was though as my idea leaves a lot to be desired in it's current state.

Quote from: Akisohida on February 13, 2009, 08:15:27 AM

Hmmm, Dan = Mal from Firefly? Heck, even Mals first and last name mean 'Bad Luck'. :)
Really?  I thought his name meant "Cpt. Tightpants".... looking at the shading on Dan's pants in this one I suppose the comparrison still fits.

Tyranastrasz

AHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I called it! Okay, so Dan didn't storm out and run headfirst into Regina like I thought, but he did go to leave just as Regina was bringing the sandwiches.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 13, 2009, 07:02:19 AM

Another thing I called! The return of Aary's "I can't think of any response to this situation" line!

Anyway, yeah, this should be good. Soooo many different ways this could end.  :mwaha

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tyranastrasz on February 13, 2009, 09:07:36 AM
AHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!   I called it!

Just as a heads up, we don't like that kind around here  >:3

Mao

AHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I called it! Okay, so Dan didn't storm out and run headfirst into Regina like I thought, but he did go to leave just as Regina was bringing the sandwiches.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 13, 2009, 07:02:19 AM

Another thing I called! The return of Aary's "I can't think of any response to this situation" line!

Anyway, yeah, this should be good. Soooo many different ways this could end.  :mwaha

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 13, 2009, 09:09:17 AM
AHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!   I called it!

Just as a heads up, we don't like that kind around here  >:3

As I recall that tends to lead to a spiteful god Amber who goes out of their way to make sure the offending party turns out wrong most of the time after.

techmaster-glitch

I have one thing to say.

Heeeere weeee go!

Pagan

Darnit, two panels of focusing on Dan's mug when I wanna see Kria's face, then when Dan's expression is important, his back is to the camera. Blargh. Stupid dramatic angles.

Personally, I just think Regina's expression is a slight shock to the door she was about to knock on suddenly opening before she knocked. That surprises me more often than not. This panel is probably a couple of moments before Regina has remember who Dan is (if she remembers him at all). I'm quite confident that Dan is about to pull a weapon on her. From hammerspace or his pants, I am not certain. I'm going for pants. Ooooh, or is he only able to pull a BFS out of a dress/robe?

But hey, at least Foxy's expression sums up the situation nicely.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!