02/12/09 [Abel 2 #44] - By Their Own Choice

Started by Baal Hadad, February 12, 2009, 03:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baal Hadad

I can't think of what to say for this update, except that I can somewhat identify with Abel right there....

EDIT: And again I get to start an update thread--this time for Abel's Story!  :)

Jairus

And Fa'Lina is in yet another fantastic outfit. No, wait, my mistake, this is the outfit she was wearing the last time we saw her. Never mind.

Though that does mean that this is the same day as Abel made his decision. I wonder if she's rushing this... then again, it's probably wise to get Abel settled into the school as fast as possible.

I love the expression on that Cubi at the bottom. "Huh?"
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Darkdragon

I'm also assuming that Cubi is reading Abel's thoughts as this would be before he perfected his mind shielding techniques. My speculation is that said Cubi is confused at Abel's state of disarray.

Kipiru

Fa'lina looks gorgeous(even more than usual) and the way she just radiates confidence and power- no wonder Abel seems humbled at her side.

Azraelle

I was wondering why this got updated on Thursday instead of Friday but then I read the news and it all made sense the end.

And just like that the blue-haired raccoon-cubi is gone again.  Ah well.

!KCA

And, of course, the camera angle just makes Fa'lina look even more freakishly tall than usual.

Abel seems to still be. . .jumpy.

Alterationartist

And there goes the room.

Does anyone else smell fish?

Red
Herring?
Round 9!

Tyranastrasz

1: Yay! I finally have at least one webcomic updating every single day of the week! I love the new update schedule  :boogie

2: I would think, considering the extent of Abel's misfortunes, misery, and possible lingering insanity, that Fa'lina herself has proooooobably just snapped her fingers and shielded Abel's mind.

3: If 2 is in fact the case, the 'Cubi in the last panel could just be going "What on Earth is he wearing?" or perhaps was eavesdropping and started wondering about just what Abel's method of arrival was...

Pagan

Quote from: Alterationartist on February 12, 2009, 05:52:43 AM
And there goes the room.

Red
Herring?

I sadly believe that might be the truth. So long, Mink, you were cute while you were here.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Pagan on February 12, 2009, 09:29:39 AM
And there goes the room.

Red
Herring?

I sadly believe that might be the truth. So long, Mink, you were cute while you were here.

I don't like your theory. Both of you should be ashamed of yourselves, decrying such an adorable figure as Mink. :c He's real to us, damnit~

As for the 'red herring' bit, you two aren't part of the "all cubi are evil soulsucking bastiches regardless of what they say, do or think" crowd are you? A red herring is a deliberate misdirection, and since you're claiming Mink and that room was one....
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

AmigaDragon

Aw, come on, let the overanalyzers have our... um, their fun.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Aaron Copland - Lincoln Portrait (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Pagan

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 12, 2009, 10:18:39 AM
And there goes the room.

Red
Herring?

I don't like your theory. Both of you should be ashamed of yourselves, decrying such an adorable figure as Mink. :c He's real to us, damnit~

As for the 'red herring' bit, you two aren't part of the "all cubi are evil soulsucking bastiches regardless of what they say, do or think" crowd are you? A red herring is a deliberate misdirection, and since you're claiming Mink and that room was one....

No, not at all. I'm not over fond of Cubi, but I don't think they're horrible. And I personally cheer for Destania in her plot for dragonic genocide. You go, girl.

And hey, I'll miss Mink too.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Corgatha Taldorthar

Especially given Fa'Lina's considerable concern over her own outfit at any given second, it's quite interesting that she let Abel out in just a medical ward coat and didn't blow him away with 8,000,000 possible outfits for him first. I admit, a reversal of the dressing room scene with Abel and Dan in the original comic would be pleasing.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

M

Man, poor Abel. Fa'lina's just reminding him about how much his life seems to suck at the moment.  :<

Mao

"Life's gonna suck when you grow up, when you grow up, when you grow up.  Life's gonna suck when you  grow up, it sucks pretty bad right now..."

That's all I could hear after I read that post.  What's worse, I'm now picturing Fa'lina singing it in Denis Leary's voice.

Lucheek

And there goes the room.

Red
Herring?

I think they were more reffering that Mink was a red herring himself, as in Amber was fooling us into beleiveing it was more than just a minor background character.

Howl

Two panels with only Mink in them, very sneaky Amber.

But, is Mink here or not? Time will tell...

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Jairus

Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lisky

In the following comic, you will be given a companion cubi to help you complete your objectives...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

rabid_fox

True story.

I work with someone who, on a very different land mass, I accidentally intimidated when we were both in University.

Apparently having long hair and wearing a suit to lectures was scary. Good times, baby, good times. I hate SIAI, I'd punch it right in the syllabus.

Oh dear.

M

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 12, 2009, 06:13:37 PM
In the following comic, you will be given a companion cubi to help you complete your objectives...

What have you doooonnnneee.  D:

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 12, 2009, 01:06:59 PM
it's quite interesting that she let Abel out in just a medical ward coat and didn't blow him away with 8,000,000 possible outfits for him first.

Hey, the wardrobe department could be where they're heading and this was just along the way.

Quote from: rabid_fox on February 12, 2009, 06:26:31 PM
I work with someone who, on a very different land mass, I accidentally intimidated when we were both in University.

A different land mass than Earth? :mowmeep

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Richard & The Young Lions - Open Up Your Door (The Lion's Share - KWKAT)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lisky

Quote from: Marmonstein on February 12, 2009, 08:32:03 PM
Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 12, 2009, 06:13:37 PM

What have you doooonnnneee.  D:

awesome... just amazing... though i don't know what i've started... at least it's not the murderous intent sphere  :mowtongue

Alterationartist

Quote from: Lucheek on February 12, 2009, 04:19:09 PM
And there goes the room.

Red
Herring?

I think they were more reffering that Mink was a red herring himself, as in Amber was fooling us into beleiveing it was more than just a minor background character.
Ding!
Round 9!

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: rabid_fox on February 12, 2009, 06:26:31 PM

True story.

Apparently having long hair and wearing a suit to lectures was scary. Good times, baby, good times. I hate SIAI, I'd punch it right in the syllabus.

Beware the hair suit if DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! It's so insidious it actually can comb a hairy ball, thus causing all of reality as we know it to implode!

Also, I think you mean SAIA (Succubus And Incubus Academy). SIAI, the Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence is something quite different... :D

KarlOmega1

Wow...Fa'lina is absolutely beautiful. And just in time for Valentine's Day.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Redeyessoul

You know that Cubi in the background that looks after the two of them curiously?  I think ... well I'm full of a long stretch here but hear me out:

So dude in background is in Saia, and Aniz mentions "He looks just like them"  With the wings and the eyes.  Perhaps that background student was noticing the resemblance of Abel to mystery race / clan / etc.  And I love that little tentacle guy.