01/26/09 [DMFA #966] - Sammich!

Started by Corgatha Taldorthar, January 25, 2009, 11:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corgatha Taldorthar

I wonder how much of this bickering Kria is aware of, and if she cares at all about them.

And is it me, or does the sandwich that Fi is eating turning blue as he holds it? (Or is that just Fi's blue glow enveloping the food)

Edit:
  Fixed your title. There's rules about these things, you know.
    -- llearch n'n'daCorna
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Jairus

I can honestly say that Devin has just become one of my favorite characters. That is just too awesome.

And yeah, it's probably just Fi's glow enveloping the sandwich.

And don't worry, Amber. I'm sure you'll be fine. :hug
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: Jairus on January 26, 2009, 12:03:49 AM
I can honestly say that Devin has just become one of my favorite characters. That is just too awesome.

He was one of my favorite characters since the scientists line. It was just so beautifully done.

Anyway, I don't suppose Abel's Story will be updating any time before the end of this week? The suspense is killing me D:

Lisky

Devin's snide attitude is amazing...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Caswin

So, I only just realized after seeing this comic that Devin's new eyes are in fact yellow-pupils-against-black, and not huge-black-circles-against-yellow.  Huh.

And: Fi.  :)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Janus Whitefurr

I hereby dub him UnDeadvin the Snarky.

And Fi's OM NOM NOM is adorable~
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

GabrielsThoughts

:mwaha *nibble nibble* all gone.

momentarily wonders if undead eat more than head cheese... GAsp! omg, DEvin has obviously been ploting with Regina to eat Lorenda's brain!!!
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Gamma

Some things a good killin' just can't take away. >:3

At least it isn't a sandvich.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Kipiru

Man, I love Devin's cyborg outlook. It has a bit of a steampunk feeling about it- awesome!

VSMIT

Quote from: Gamma on January 26, 2009, 12:55:46 AM
At least it isn't a sandvich.
DON'T TOUCH SANDVICH!

Man.  Devin just seems to get more and more snide every time we see him.  Great job.

Angel

Don't eat your keyboard, Amber, it's fattening. You'll get through this alive, I know it.

And Devin, no matter how fictional you are, I love you. Those negative eyes, that snark, the sammich abilities. He has become one of my Top 5 favorites. Whoo.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Madmann135

The snide comment, the delivery, the smile, the anger, the rage...
Devin was meant to be born a cubi.  He takes jackassery to a nice and funny level.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Mashi

So, HD = Hysterical Dame = Amber?

Be sure to AGGRESS that paperwork in a hardboiled manner.

Baal Hadad

For Devin's sake, I sure hope he doesn't have any of his memories of when he was alive.  Otherwise I doubt very much he'll be grateful for his current condition--having to put up with MORE nonsense than he was doing when he was alive....

Then again, at least he gets to mouth off again, and he doesn't seem to be complaining.  :)

RyuuYareYare

I love devin SO MUCH right now.

superluser

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on January 26, 2009, 12:15:44 AMDevin's snide attitude is amazing...

It seems to be slightly less acerbic now.  I wonder if that's because of the rating or because Devin's mind is gone.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Lucheek

I really like Devin's face in the second panel. Looks very real, and I'm getting a feeling that it reminds me of someone but I can't think of who...

either way, funny comic and good pictures. What DMFA is known for. :3

Insert Witty Name

I am sad to admit that I have only just realised that Devin is Devin. It made my day, though :D This whole comic is full of win and awesome, as the kids say nowadays! 
The lurker formerly known as "Zombie_Hunter".

Tapewolf

Actually, that raises an interesting point.  How does Devin know that's his name?  If his memory was truly gone, I guess must have Kria picked it up from when Abel saw him die.

Anyway, I love his expression in the last panel.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Grey Wolf

I am sitting on my inner-psychoanalyst right now  :B

That said, yes, this week shall be awesome.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Any hints from the Creator as to what flavor ice cream Regina is having? We got it for Abel...........
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Mao

Given that it's a bad day:  I'd go ahead and guess chocolate.   I'm likely wrong but that's what most people seem to want when they've had a rotten day.

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 26, 2009, 09:43:47 AMActually, that raises an interesting point.  How does Devin know that's his name?  If his memory was truly gone, I guess must have Kria picked it up from when Abel saw him die.

Kria may have heard Abel speak of childhood rivals, or possibly a wallet or other identifying item.  Adventurers may be licensed and bonded.  If nothing else, scanning the local papers would carry reports of missing persons, and it's useful to know who you're resurrecting before you do it--just to make sure the body doesn't belong to a dignitary's son or someone who can otherwise muster an army (among other reasons).

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Naldru

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 26, 2009, 09:43:47 AM
Actually, that raises an interesting point.  How does Devin know that's his name?  If his memory was truly gone, I guess must have Kria picked it up from when Abel saw him die.

Anyway, I love his expression in the last panel.
Since Kria was friends with Abel and his mother, I would have expected her to comfort May and would probably have gotten any details then.  It would not have been unreasonable for her to take May in as a house guest for a while to protect her from people who would want to take revenge on Aniz or anyone associated with him.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Sunblink

Yes. I'm starting to remember why I liked Devin so much. :3 Also, Fi eating the sammich is adorable.

I rather like Kria's entourage of servants. Does she have any more?

Emerauld Drathmir

Fi is too cute...The glowy blue and sound effects as the sandwich is eaten is a nice touch too.

Beautiful work as always Amber.  Thanks for this, and hope everything continues to flow smoothly for you on the Immigration front.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

MT Hazard

It appears Regina has the ability to swivel her horns, I wonder if that has any practical use. :mowwink

Also has the fact that Devins right hand appears to be from someone else already been discussed?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

radarnocturn

Ach! Don't touch sandvich!  Nom Nom Nom Om Nom!
Oh my god, who touched Sasha?  WHO TOUCHED MY GUN?!

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 26, 2009, 07:50:39 PM
It appears Regina has the ability to swivel her horns, I wonder if that has any practical use. :mowwink

Also has the fact that Devins right hand appears to be from someone else already been discussed?

...I don't believe it has, and yeah, it's a different hand than the one from Abel's Story... Maybe it's a glove over a robot hand or something?

Alterationartist

Word on the street is, Devin's still an @$$hole. And that means good fun for everybody! Also, at this point, I believe Devin:

1 Doesn't remember Abel. or
2 RememberED Abel, but has since forgotten.
3 Most certainly doesn't know he's a cubi
4 And upon re-meeting Abel, (If at all) will divide the story by frickin' ZERO.
Round 9!