01/08/09 [DMFA #962] - Awkward!

Started by Lego3400, January 08, 2009, 03:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego3400

That's about the reaction one should expect. And I rather did like his shirt... Also Awkward is a funny word to spell..

----------------
Now playing: Pretty Soldier Sailormoon - Forbidden Hades
via FoxyTunes

EDIT: Wrong strip number - TW

Tapewolf

I guess Lorenda may be having second thoughts about moving away from Jy?

**EDIT**
Maybe Dan should send Fi back to get some clothes.  Actually, that might not be good - Fi might steal Alexsi's or something.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

!KCA

This adventure left "awkward" several pages back and is now venturing deep into "wrong" territory.

It's become quite plausible that Kria killed Lorenda's dad not out of jealousy but because she's flighty to the point of insanity. If not, she's a flaming hypocrite. Probably both.

Tapewolf

Quote from: !KCA on January 08, 2009, 05:23:16 AM
It's become quite plausible that Kria killed Lorenda's dad not out of jealousy but because she's flighty to the point of insanity.
Or that she gave him a good reason for what he did.

Kipiru

But let us not forget that this is Kria's nature and it is hard to go against it, though she tries(with various degrees of effort). I for one don't think she would intentionally do anything that would hurt Lorenda. That's why I kind of sympathize with Kria.

Madmann135

Still, for the most part this comic left awkward a while back, Kira is learning one of her flaws in an interesting way and Dan finally had his face down with Kira.

All in all it has been a productive day. ...And despite being stripped of his shirt by a mare who is ~20x his age Dan is rather calm about it.  Must have had a lot of demons tearing his cloths off in the past.
...I shall leave that to interpretation.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

superluser

Quote from: !KCA on January 08, 2009, 05:23:16 AMIt's become quite plausible that Kria killed Lorenda's dad not out of jealousy but because she's flighty to the point of insanity. If not, she's a flaming hypocrite. Probably both.

I cam definitely imagine him saying something like ``You know, you're sort of paranoid.  Let's talk about it and I'll support you no matter *CRUNCH*''

(After all, do we have any evidence besides Kria's own statement that he cheated on her?)

Also, given the way Dan's covering himself, I have a sneaking suspicion that something happened between this strip and the last and that he may no longer be wearing any pants.

:paranoid ...film at eleven.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

You'd think he'd be all right with it...

... given this, I mean.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 08, 2009, 08:27:11 AM
You'd think he'd be all right with it... given this, I mean.
Judging by Wildy he still had something on there.  This time, I'm not so sure.

techmaster-glitch

Mao

It's kinda sad in a way that Kria's true nature bothers Lorenda so much.  It's even more so that Kria feels that by being herself that she has a 'problem'.

Jairus

It's like an addiction. Kria's addicted to good looking men. And the first step of solving your problem is admitting that you have one.

And yes, this is far beyond mere "awkward."
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

thegayhare

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 08, 2009, 09:54:09 AM
It's kinda sad in a way that Kria's true nature bothers Lorenda so much.  It's even more so that Kria feels that by being herself that she has a 'problem'.

No I think this isn't Kria's true nature I think Kria does have a problem other then her apparent lust.

She seems to want to behave more like Lorenda's friend rather then her mother.  Hitting on Dan and Jyrras is part of that she wants to be involved in her daughters life on a different level then Lorenda wants.

Most parents who act this way never seem to get how deadly embarrassing this is to there child.  Lorenda wants her mom in her life (Else why would she be there now) but she doesn't want her mom to be a friend she wants her to be a mom.  She's not some one to hang out with at dance clubs or double date with.

Rakala

Quote from: !KCA on January 08, 2009, 05:23:16 AM
It's become quite plausible that Kria killed Lorenda's dad not out of jealousy but because she's flighty to the point of insanity. If not, she's a flaming hypocrite. Probably both.

Well, Lorenda's dad had a responsibility of taking care of a child, which I might add that he turned his back on. He scorned a woman, and hell hath no fury like a woman  scorned. Also, Kria no longer seems to have a spouse and is available as far as she sees.

Alondro

*Charline sings about Kria*  Might as well face it, you're addicted to love!   :giggle

*eeps to Mab*  You have to have background check with the FBI?!  Uh-oh, they might find out about that little episode with the space alien invasion where you promised to aid the takeover of Earth for a lifetime supply of Swedish Fish and TMNT games.   I'll do what I can to cover it up, but I can't guarantee anything.   :shifty
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aleolus

Wow.  That's not something you see everyday, a mother upset her daughter that much >.>  Kria obviously has some talent!

Not that I would mind being in Dan's position  :eager

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aleolus on January 08, 2009, 12:44:15 PM

I'm still scraping to attempt to understand this mindset.

I mean, sure. Sex is nice and all. But... going out with a woman who will eat you if you offend her - and _not_ in a good way - just seems suicidal to me. Do you all believe you are such amazing gifts from god to women that they will never be unsatisfied with whatever leftovers you drip into their presence, after you're done drooling over fictional characters in a webcomic?

Am I missing something here? Surely there are safer ways to screw yourself up?

Mao

Quote from: thegayhare on January 08, 2009, 11:09:21 AM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 08, 2009, 09:54:09 AM

No I think this isn't Kria's true nature I think Kria does have a problem other then her apparent lust.

She seems to want to behave more like Lorenda's friend rather then her mother.  Hitting on Dan and Jyrras is part of that she wants to be involved in her daughters life on a different level then Lorenda wants.

Most parents who act this way never seem to get how deadly embarrassing this is to there child.  Lorenda wants her mom in her life (Else why would she be there now) but she doesn't want her mom to be a friend she wants her to be a mom.  She's not some one to hang out with at dance clubs or double date with.

I think you're trying to apply human psychology here.  Keep in mind that these are dmfa demons we're talking about.  These demons desire one thing very strongly:  Power.  This is in the demonology about them.  Dan has power.  Power enough to take down DP (several times), Kria's very own brother.  Which makes him something that Kria will desire.  This is her very nature.

Aleolus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 08, 2009, 12:48:13 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on January 08, 2009, 12:44:15 PM

I'm still scraping to attempt to understand this mindset.

I mean, sure. Sex is nice and all. But... going out with a woman who will eat you if you offend her - and _not_ in a good way - just seems suicidal to me. Do you all believe you are such amazing gifts from god to women that they will never be unsatisfied with whatever leftovers you drip into their presence, after you're done drooling over fictional characters in a webcomic?

Am I missing something here? Surely there are safer ways to screw yourself up?

Yeah, you're missing something.  The fact that I wouldn't be 'dripping leftovers' in front of her.  I'd give her all the attention and focus she wanted, and I would be loyal to her until, as the marriage vows say, 'death do us part'

thegayhare

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 08, 2009, 12:55:24 PM
I think you're trying to apply human psychology here.  Keep in mind that these are dmfa demons we're talking about.  These demons desire one thing very strongly:  Power.  This is in the demonology about them.  Dan has power.  Power enough to take down DP (several times), Kria's very own brother.  Which makes him something that Kria will desire.  This is her very nature.

I don't think I'm importing too much human psychology here, just because she's a demon that doesn't mean things other then power can affect her

The demon mind set is more about power for them selves not a general lust after power.  The power Dan has isn't something she could control, or take so her kissing up to him isn't derived from that part of her nature.  She doesn't try to seduce anyone more powerful then herself or who maybe a threat (that seems more like a cubi tactic). the demon mindset to me seems more along the lines of "If you are the strongest your the boss, If you manage to be defeated or destroyed thats your own damn fault (either you tangled with some on too powerful or let your ego blind you to an obvious threat)   If Kria see's Dan as some one powerful enough to be a possible threat to her, by demon standards she's probably just kill him if she could not continue to annoy the hell out of him (she knows just what she's doing there)

Besides if her attractions stemmed form a perception of power she'd never have admitted her interest in Jyrras.   

To me she's got a fairly healthy sexual appetite, and enjoys being a flirt and a tease.  She's also having trouble reconciling the fact that she's a mom with a child that has reached her own level of emotional maturity.   It was undoubtedly easier when Lorrenda was younger Kria and her circles of companions wouldn't overlap in this manner.   And when she lived in the twink territories again they just didn't over lap but now that she's hanging out with adventures and such there personal spheres are criss crossing and Kria and Lorrenda are both having a hard time handling it.

Look at the things she's done to try and spend time with Lorrenda.  there was the cross country buffet, the shopping trip (when they went in looking for corsets) this stuff isn't typical mother daughter activities (even among demons I'm sure)

Now I'm sure Lorrenda has been in this situation before.  And before when her mother had attempted to seduce the adventurer she probably would have been embarrassed about it but would have gone somewhat stuck her fingers in her ears and chanted "LA LA LA" till it was all over.  (both parts since Kria seems to have some praying mantis in her ancestry somewhere)  But this time is differnt,  This time It's some one she know and a friend.  Plus to make matters worse she knows her mother knows this and her mother still won't quit it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aleolus on January 08, 2009, 01:24:15 PM
Yeah, you're missing something.  The fact that I wouldn't be 'dripping leftovers' in front of her.  I'd give her all the attention and focus she wanted, and I would be loyal to her until, as the marriage vows say, 'death do us part'

... Even if the care and attention she wants is more than physically possible to give? Every woman has a bad time, sometime. In her case, that moment of inattention on your part is a fatal mistake.

Heck, she might even decide to eat you because she's bored.

It just seems insane.

thegayhare

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 08, 2009, 01:53:17 PM
... Even if the care and attention she wants is more than physically possible to give? Every woman has a bad time, sometime. In her case, that moment of inattention on your part is a fatal mistake.

Heck, she might even decide to eat you because she's bored.

It just seems insane.

I'll agree with that... Some women would eat you alive... thats why I prefure boys...

*Giggles*

sorry

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 08, 2009, 01:53:17 PM
That might be less of a problem for Dan, since he is a Creature himself (unless she knows about Destania via some beach party, she might suspect he's an Angel).  I don't know, but I'd imagine eating other Creatures - even slightly weaker ones - is frowned upon considerably more than doing same to Beings.

So, in Dan's place as another 'Cubi or similar?  Risk is probably manageable.  In Dan's place as a human or a Being?  You've got to be kidding.

Mao

Quote from: thegayhare on January 08, 2009, 01:47:46 PM
I don't think I'm importing too much human psychology here, just because she's a demon that doesn't mean things other then power can affect her

The demon mind set is more about power for them selves not a general lust after power.

And if you've seduced a powerful thing, what have done?  You've got them under your control.  You've gained power.  Having a horde of powerful followers who will do what you ask of them is power.  Many things can be considered power.  Control, intelligence, friends.  It's all a matter of perception and the creativity to see the use of them.

The power Dan has isn't something she could control, or take so her kissing up to him isn't derived from that part of her nature.  She doesn't try to seduce anyone more powerful then herself or who maybe a threat (that seems more like a cubi tactic). the demon mindset to me seems more along the lines of "If you are the strongest your the boss, If you manage to be defeated or destroyed thats your own damn fault (either you tangled with some on too powerful or let your ego blind you to an obvious threat)   If Kria see's Dan as some one powerful enough to be a possible threat to her, by demon standards she's probably just kill him if she could not continue to annoy the hell out of him (she knows just what she's doing there)

The other side to that is she's trying to ensure that a possibly stronger creature doesn't just up and decide to destroy her.  Hard to destroy something you're in love with, and this could also be her way to show she's more powerful than him.  His weakness was (were she to succeed) that he was susceptible to her wiles.

Besides if her attractions stemmed form a perception of power she'd never have admitted her interest in Jyrras.   

Oh really?  What was the reason she gave for finding him hot again?  Wasn't it because he was showing rebellion against a stronger creature (her)?  Spirit can be considered power, not to mention his intelligence and wealth.  He has power, people just don't see him as powerful.

To me she's got a fairly healthy sexual appetite, and enjoys being a flirt and a tease.  She's also having trouble reconciling the fact that she's a mom with a child that has reached her own level of emotional maturity.   It was undoubtedly easier when Lorrenda was younger Kria and her circles of companions wouldn't overlap in this manner.   And when she lived in the twink territories again they just didn't over lap but now that she's hanging out with adventures and such there personal spheres are criss crossing and Kria and Lorrenda are both having a hard time handling it.

Look at the things she's done to try and spend time with Lorrenda.  there was the cross country buffet, the shopping trip (when they went in looking for corsets) this stuff isn't typical mother daughter activities (even among demons I'm sure)

Now I'm sure Lorrenda has been in this situation before.  And before when her mother had attempted to seduce the adventurer she probably would have been embarrassed about it but would have gone somewhat stuck her fingers in her ears and chanted "LA LA LA" till it was all over.  (both parts since Kria seems to have some praying mantis in her ancestry somewhere)  But this time is differnt,  This time It's some one she know and a friend.  Plus to make matters worse she knows her mother knows this and her mother still won't quit it.

From what I understand, Demons also have a very strong sense of kinship (see Demonology) and so it might explain the lengths she's gone to make Lorenda happy.  I'm not trying to say that you're not correct in your analysis Hare, but I think you're missing a few things that are essential to trying to figure out demon characters in dmfa.  

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 08, 2009, 02:09:15 PM
The other side to that is she's trying to ensure that a possibly stronger creature doesn't just up and decide to destroy her.  Hard to destroy something you're in love with, and this could also be her way to show she's more powerful than him.  His weakness was (were she to succeed) that he was susceptible to her wiles.
I think you'll find that Demons are stronger/more powerful than most 'Cubi, so he's at risk from her, all things being equal.
It's still an interesting argument, and it might be correct, given that Dan is not only a Creature but also a Creature-slayer by trade.

If she knows Dan is an incubus, she might also be taking his future self into account, when he has full use of his powers...

superluser

Quote from: Aleolus on January 08, 2009, 01:24:15 PMYeah, you're missing something.  The fact that I wouldn't be 'dripping leftovers' in front of her.  I'd give her all the attention and focus she wanted, and I would be loyal to her until, as the marriage vows say, 'death do us part'

Well, that settles it.  You've delusions of grandeur.

I suppose I can understand choosing an inevitable death in exchange for snu-snu, but having it thrust upon me (ugh...pun not intended) does not seem like a good thing.

Quote from: thegayhare on January 08, 2009, 01:47:46 PMThe demon mind set is more about power for them selves not a general lust after power.  The power Dan has isn't something she could control, or take so her kissing up to him isn't derived from that part of her nature.  She doesn't try to seduce anyone more powerful then herself or who maybe a threat (that seems more like a cubi tactic).

I like this idea--forming alliances to gain the greatest sphere of influence.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 08, 2009, 02:20:52 PM
I think you'll find that Demons are stronger/more powerful than most 'Cubi, so he's at risk from her, all things being equal.
It's still an interesting argument, and it might be correct, given that Dan is not only a Creature but also a Creature-slayer by trade.

If she knows Dan is an incubus, she might also be taking his future self into account, when he has full use of his powers...

It's true, but iirc, DP is a demon and Dan has killed him a few times regardless of his cubi status.  So while it may be the case that Demons are stronger, Dan has proven stronger than some demons in that.

Now take into account that he hasn't come into his cubi powers in full, I think it's safe to say she may be a threat to him, but I don't think he should be taken lightly either.

Rakala

That's true, Dan is able to, but refuses to use magic. He has beaten DP multiple times with nothing but his strength, agility, and wits. He may have had help but I think it's safe to say that he did the main part of it.

Amber Williams

You all are cute. I like how even though you are trying to muffle it behind demon psychology...you ultimately are trying to decipher what turns a women on.  While it is true many demons hold power in high regard...it is far from the driving force of what revs Krias engines.  You'd be closer in estimating Kria is turned on by a challenge and that which she can or shouldnt have...which ironically enough, would be the real reason many of the peeps who post about how they wish they could be in Dans shoes likely wouldn't stand a chance.

Mao

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 08, 2009, 03:28:09 PM
You all are cute.

Ah thank ya'.  I try.

I like how even though you are trying to muffle it behind demon psychology...you ultimately are trying to decipher what turns a women on. 

Man, I've been trying to figure out women folk and failing for a good many years now.  Heck I've even had 8 years to try and stop figuring it out for a bit only to find out that I still want to know.

While it is true many demons hold power in high regard...it is far from the driving force of what revs Krias engines.  You'd be closer in estimating Kria is turned on by a challenge and that which she can or shouldnt have...which ironically enough, would be the real reason many of the peeps who post about how they wish they could be in Dans shoes likely wouldn't stand a chance.

Hehe, "Those who desire power are doomed to never truly have it.  Those who want nothing to do with it are cursed with it."