09/25/08 [Hybrids #14] - Beings!

Started by Ghostwish, September 24, 2008, 10:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwish

There you have it. Beings are the most numerous, not demons. :D

Interesting bit of info.. exoticly colored fur means an equally colorful heritage?

And I hope Amber keeps backups of her saves. O.O

Jairus

But demons are the most numerous Creatures...

Oh, but who cares? Well, we do. Very cool info, as always. But where did Fluffy get the crystal ball?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

icarus

the colouration issue makes me wonder. do biggs and wildy have some great, great, great grand-creature in them? wildy's hair could pass as natural redhead, but biggs' hair is pink.

then again, he might just dye it. wouldn't put it past him.

however, if i had to make a guess on a great-great-great-great-great grandparent creature, i'd probably guess a demon just by their temperments and fighting prowess :>

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

DarkAudit

Quote from: Jairus on September 24, 2008, 10:34:57 PM
But where did Fluffy get the crystal ball?

Shh!! We're not done hiding the bodies yet!  :mwaha
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Pheonix-IV

Ghostwish

Quote from: icarus on September 24, 2008, 10:45:24 PM

Nope, check out his profile. It's naturally pink, and he often dyes it the same color as his fur. ;)

And while demons may be the most numerous creature they are apparently not the most numerous race. One category is just a tad larger than the other, ya see. ;)

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

silentassassin

Oh silly naive fluffy don't know once we join this site we become braindead thus making your attempts at making us learn quite fruitless

Lowde

Quote from: icarus on September 24, 2008, 10:45:24 PM
the colouration issue makes me wonder. do biggs and wildy have some great, great, great grand-creature in them? wildy's hair could pass as natural redhead, but biggs' hair is pink.

however, if i had to make a guess on a great-great-great-great-great grandparent creature, i'd probably guess a demon just by their temperments and fighting prowess :>

Good theory... After all, Lorenda's hair is pink too...
Btw, as ghostwish said, pink is his natural color

Slowtini

Kipiru

Back ups, for God's sake Amber, make back ups of your saves. We will try to hold Fluffy back as long as we can *unsheathes his sword and takes a defensive stance against the raging 3-and-a-half-nothing poodle(or whatever)*

mopman

Silly all fluffy has to do to erase her files build up a big static charge touch the computer.

Sort of a mini thor with cute fur .

I wonder what fluffy would look like with a big buildup up static electricity?
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Tapewolf

This is interesting.  Arcalane noticed that Creatures tended to stray from the natural colouring more than Beings.  My counterexample was Devin, who is bright blue.  On the other hand, if his daddy was a disguised Angel or a 'Cubi or something, it would explain not only his vivid colour, but his skill in magic and probably the fact that his father disappeared after one glance (e.g. when his son didn't have wings).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 25, 2008, 04:07:53 AM
This is interesting.  Arcalane noticed that Creatures tended to stray from the natural colouring more than Beings.  My counterexample was Devin, who is bright blue.  On the other hand, if his daddy was a disguised Angel or a 'Cubi or something, it would explain not only his vivid colour, but his skill in magic and probably the fact that his father disappeared after one glance (e.g. when his son didn't have wings).

Pagan actually brought up an interesting - if somewhat weird - theory a few nights ago on MSN: what if Devin's father was a disguised Aniz? We talked about it, and the thing that kind of kept us from killing the theory is that the offspring of a Being and Cubi might not necessarily take after their Cubi heritage, or so far as we recalled. Devin wouldn't have take after his Cubi heritage, so why would Aniz bother hanging around? He leaves, moves to another town, kills Cid, takes his place, and fathers Abel. I mean, it would be a pretty big coincidence, but it is intriguing. Then again, Devin and Abel were nearly the same age, and in completely different towns, and the only reason they met is because Devin was sent to live with his relatives...

... well, that's what Pagan and I kind of talked about before we moved on. It is kind of out there. I don't think we dismissed it, but we kind of agreed that it was pretty damn weird.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on September 25, 2008, 04:17:50 AM
... well, that's what Pagan and I kind of talked about before we moved on. It is kind of out there. I don't think we dismissed it, but we kind of agreed that it was pretty damn weird.
That's been aired before.  It would make sense if it was Aniz.  One of the things which puzzled a few people was why Amber went into so much detail about Devin's past when she was at the same time grouching at how long the strip was going to stretch on for.  It might have been to make Devin's death all the more poignant, but the other explanation is that his past was somehow linked with Abel, and Aniz might well have been that link.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 25, 2008, 04:35:47 AM
Quote from: Jairus on September 25, 2008, 04:17:50 AM
That's been aired before.  It would make sense if it was Aniz.  One of the things which puzzled a few people was why Amber went into so much detail about Devin's past when she was at the same time grouching at how long the strip was going to stretch on for.  It might have been to make Devin's death all the more poignant, but the other explanation is that his past was somehow linked with Abel, and Aniz might well have been that link.
Ah... interesting. Well, again this is what I get for entering in so late. Oh well. You may continue the conversation as if I never interrupted.

Lucheek

What type of creature do you think Jy-jy has in him from way-back-when? Rodents and Kangaroos are not naturally yellow.

I'm going with Angel.
Just because.

Zedd

silentassassin

Well I am guessing maybe a demon just cause his mom's so evil.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Lucheek on September 25, 2008, 07:11:06 AM
What type of creature do you think Jy-jy has in him from way-back-when? Rodents and Kangaroos are not naturally yellow.

I'm going with Angel.
Just because.

I kinda beg to differ.  At least on the kangaroo rat portion of yellow.  Their fur looks like it ranges from pale to brown, with sandy yellow.  It's just hard to blend fur colors when you're actually drawing it, methink.   :B

The coloration theory is interesting though.  Beings have a family tree right there in their appearance if they don't dye it off.   :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Ghostwish

I'm going to agree with Aisha on this one. I'd say Jy is only yellow because making his fur any other color would have been a pain, and considering when he was introduced, it might have been beyond Amber's skill at the time. (Shall we go waltzing through the archives to tease Mrs. William's wrath? :P)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ghostwish on September 25, 2008, 09:50:10 AM
(Shall we go waltzing through the archives to tease Mrs. William's wrath? :P)

Let's not, and say we did.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

*Charline notes that Beings can breed with Dragons...*  Hoo-boy!  The mental images that conjours!   >:3

Well, no different than what one sees daily on FA, actually.   :B

Oh dear, it looks like cute is going to win the war over evil.  IT'S ONLY BECAUSE CHARLES IS TO POOR!!!  He doesn't have any more money for me to steal.   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on September 25, 2008, 10:45:10 AM
*Charline notes that Beings can breed with Dragons...*  Hoo-boy!  The mental images that conjours!   >:3
At the risk of being a spoilsport, it would no doubt be done in Pyroduck mode.

LionHeart

I imagine it would only be possible in that mode...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Ghostwish

Quote from: LionHeart on September 25, 2008, 11:02:54 AM
I imagine it would only be possible in that mode...

Please don't tempt them...

Mao

Yeah I don't really want to imagine the possibilities.

silentassassin

uhhhhh *brain has just died due to the mental image i was given* :<

Zedd

Dragons aren't so bad, You just have to move them in the right position

Kibin

What happens if a dragon and a being mates... and the being is the female? How does that work with the dragon side usually being dominant?

And can it work in the whole small being mode?