09/23/08 [Hybrids #13] - Hybrid Genetics: Mythos Style

Started by Jairus, September 22, 2008, 11:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Oh it all makes sense now! Fluffy is a Mythos! Now we just have to figure out what kind she is... maybe a Mythos Dog?

Okay, so we've got in-comic confirmation that Mythos is just a general all-encompassing term for several "species" of the Mythos race (which we've already gotten from Amber at one or two points): the race is just a melting-pot of different species. And we've also got some awesome new Mythos to look at - is that a Praying-Mantis type Mythos or something like that? Very very cool.

Good luck with the bottle-neck, Amber!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Slowtini

Hehe, Lil Grey Fuzzy Types.

Amber is a goldmine, when it comes to making the funnies.

Kipiru

This rules! Did you see that two-headed-half-bunny-half-cobra mythos? So cute and smart  :love2

mopman

I think Fluffy is like Pinochio's Jimminy Cricket . The secret concious that keeps Amber on the straight and narrow ( and hides her pens when she is not looking ).

I always thought Fluffy was a cat to be honest.
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Pheonix-IV

She's clearly an advanced superbreed of Mow, possibly geneered, or maybe just more evolved.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Kipiru on September 23, 2008, 02:45:52 AM
This rules! Did you see that two-headed-half-bunny-half-cobra mythos? So cute and smart  :love2

After reading the dialogue and then flicking my eyes sideways, she was the first to catch my eye. Cheerily cute, almost.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

I just have to say that the bat-winged dog cyclops is awesome.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

!KCA

There's probably mythos that can't breed with any of the other races. I wonder if the dream lurk from the cubi abilities bonus series is in this category.

Lucheek

Trying to imagine what kind of Enviroment the Lavender Bunny Snake lives in.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Lucheek on September 23, 2008, 07:45:19 AM

Wasn't that her house we saw in panel 1 on Monday?  :3
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Emerauld Drathmir

She's the one who regulates the mow invasions... :mowwink

Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Ghostwish

Fluffy is a mythos! Why didn't I see it before? *klunk self*

Excellent stuff Amber, always a blast to see Fluffster as ornery as ever. Poor fuzzball never gets a break, do it?

Alondro

Ha ha!  Fluffy is a Mythos!  Fluffy is a Mythos!

*teases the fuzzball relentlessly, as if he were an annoying lil first-grader poking fun at the fat red-head new kid with a lisp in class*

*Charline notes*  Of course, Charles has the intelligence of a annoying first-grader...  >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

joshofspam

Quote from: Alondro on September 23, 2008, 10:41:31 AM

*teases the fuzzball relentlessly, as if he were an annoying lil first-grader poking fun at the fat red-head new kid with a lisp in class*

*Charline notes*  Of course, Charles has the intelligence of a annoying first-grader...  >:3

Just be careful and  dodge quickly. Fluffy is not known for for taking things lightly. She's known for swinging bats, bricks, and taking care of Chuck Norris.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

PellaFera

*snerk*  Fluffy would make a fabulous mythos.  I have never speculated on Fluffy's origins, simply assuming her to be Amber's conscience/muse/irritant.  As for the others...@_@  Woah...

Aleolus

Ummm, I think Fluffy had better run, since I don't think all those critters behind hir believe that s/he's not a mythos, and would like to test out how compatable  they are >.>

Zedd

Ghostwish

Quote from: joshofspam on September 23, 2008, 11:18:48 AM
Quote from: Alondro on September 23, 2008, 10:41:31 AM

Just be careful and  dodge quickly. Fluffy is not known for for taking things lightly. She's known for swinging bats, bricks, and taking care of Chuck Norris.

You forgot the dreaded mouse cord.

Alterationartist

Wow... Lotsa Mythos...

YGGDRASSIL!

*flee*

*a note is left behind, reading "cookee 4 da ref ^.^"*
Round 9!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alterationartist on September 23, 2008, 03:30:35 PM
YGGDRASSIL!
"cookee 4 da ref ^.^"
Yggdrassil was the 'world tree' which represented the universe or something in Norse mythology.  It was also a Linux distribution.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aisha deCabre

Well, after hearing Fluffy call herself cute, my money's more on the little pseudo-Havanese being a girl.   :B

The Mythos that I find most amusing is the little long-armed fairy-looking one, though.  Just how strange can you get...?  xP
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Lucheek

Quote from: DarkAudit on September 23, 2008, 08:23:21 AM

Wasn't that her house we saw in panel 1 on Monday?  :3

But really, I wonder what having one ear per head gives you. I came up with that the live in some very montanious area. The snake-like body is for more surfacde area to keep footing, and the two heads (one of long neck, one of short) is too see alot quickly. Still can't come up for the reason of only one ear and half-hood...

DarkAudit

Quote from: Lucheek on September 23, 2008, 06:18:49 PM
Still can't come up for the reason of only one ear and half-hood...

Amber thought it looked neat.  :mwaha
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 23, 2008, 04:11:44 PM
YGGDRASSIL!
"cookee 4 da ref ^.^"
Yggdrassil was the 'world tree' which represented the universe or something in Norse mythology.  It was also a Linux distribution.

*Charles geeks*  It was also the name of the bad guy in the 5th season of Digimon, the Savers Saga.   :B

*Charline prepares to slaughter Charles... until...*  Actually, Banchyoleomon was kinda hot... He was all piratey and stuff... mrowr, he could've stolen my booty whenever he wanted! 

*Alondro, who was once again about to make an appearance, abruptly makes an about face and flees once more* 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Alterationartist

YGGDRASSIL!
"cookee 4 da ref ^.^"

Okay, yes, but no. This does refer to a World Tree.... *Look below*

Quote from: Alondro on September 23, 2008, 09:58:52 PM
YGGDRASSIL!
"cookee 4 da ref ^.^"

*Charles geeks*  It was also the name of the bad guy in the 5th season of Digimon, the Savers Saga.   :B

*Charline prepares to slaughter Charles... until...*  Actually, Banchyoleomon was kinda hot... He was all piratey and stuff... mrowr, he could've stolen my booty whenever he wanted! 

*Alondro, who was once again about to make an appearance, abruptly makes an about face and flees once more* 

Though I totally wish I had cable to watch that Americanized, (AKA BOTCHED-THE-HELL-UP-BY-4KIDS!), no.
-
I guess the different spelling was a killer, but seriously:
The Yggdrassil I was refering to was the antagonist character in Tales of Symphonia. The joke was to his first name, Mithos. You see the brilliance here? This was assuming both words (Mithos and Mythos) were pronounced the same (i.e. mee-those). It does also refer to the mana tree in Tales of Phantasia, which ToS was a distant prequel to. I am amazed no one caught that. Along with my amazement comes a suggestion to play Tales of Symphonia, that is all.
Round 9!

Amber Williams

Quote from: Alterationartist on September 23, 2008, 10:56:48 PM
The Yggdrassil I was refering to was the antagonist character in Tales of Symphonia. The joke was to his first name, Mithos. You see the brilliance here? This was assuming both words (Mithos and Mythos) were pronounced the same (i.e. mee-those). It does also refer to the mana tree in Tales of Phantasia, which ToS was a distant prequel to. I am amazed no one caught that. Along with my amazement comes a suggestion to play Tales of Symphonia, that is all.

Tales of Symphonia is actually one of my more favorite games. So I was pretty much able to get the reference pretty quick.

I just didn't feel like responding to your comment.

Vidar

Now Amber has to make a series details wich halfbreeds can mix with wich species and wich other halfbreeds. Then the fans can try to find a way to make a dragon-angel-bunny-insectis hybrid thing.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Vidar on September 24, 2008, 10:27:41 AM
Now Amber has to make a series details wich halfbreeds can mix with wich species and wich other halfbreeds. Then the fans can try to find a way to make a dragon-angel-bunny-insectis hybrid thing.

Easy. Take an insect. Get a bunny to stomp it flat. Then get an Angel to stop that flat. Then get a dragon to accidentally sit on the Angel.

Problem solved.

... You get to mop up the mess.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alterationartist

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 23, 2008, 11:02:27 PM
Quote from: Alterationartist on September 23, 2008, 10:56:48 PM

Tales of Symphonia is actually one of my more favorite games. So I was pretty much able to get the reference pretty quick.

I just didn't feel like responding to your comment.
And look where that leaves us...
ToS is a great game, but I'm pretty excited to play this.
and I am glad you got the reference...
want the cookie?
Round 9!

Ghostwish

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 24, 2008, 11:23:54 AM
Quote from: Vidar on September 24, 2008, 10:27:41 AM

Easy. Take an insect. Get a bunny to stomp it flat. Then get an Angel to stop that flat. Then get a dragon to accidentally sit on the Angel.

Problem solved.

... You get to mop up the mess.

This is why you should never ever ask a code monkey about the birds and the bees. 'Nuff said.