15/09 go dan!

Started by Jack McSlay, September 14, 2006, 10:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack McSlay

(yes, evil date format)

or better. stay there... it should be funny to see dan taking care of LL  :mowdan

ps.: I have a hard time doing arties withour music as well  :U
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Zedd

Well its a good job he wanted to stay

Cheese Foxlee

Oh no... we get to see Dan's 'hot legs' :mowdizzy

Manawolf

He does already have the shoes for it.

Azlan

:)  :mowhappy I knew Danny would end up in a dress!  Even a nice pink one... his fur is good for pink.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Kenji

Hmm, that musta been Alexsi's old outfit. Oh Dan, your bishieness shall forever haunt you.
Forever I say!

Aridas

Go go cubi disguise! *poof*

It could happen, now >.>

Zedd

Lets say..Its just me thinking this....Not afraid deep down...Imagine most the gents here...Dressed in drag

Toric

So Dan will play the part of Alexsi in the coming charade. Who will play Merlitz, then? My guess would be Azlan if he's around.
Yap by Silver.

Netami

Abel is, in fact, a shapechanger.

Regal

Woohoo! The return of crossdressing Dan!  :mowhappy I'm not sure if Abel will get a good laugh out of it or if it will short-circuit his brain.

Castle Pokemetroid

Anyone noticed that Mab just happened to come smack right there like magic? She's really plot convenient!

thegayhare

Quote from: Netami on September 14, 2006, 11:58:00 PM
why would abel even need to shapeshift if he's going to play the bouncer.  Do you think she sent in aphoto of merlitz and said
Looky we've got a fire wizard bouncer too

Taross

Perhaps... but Dan's a shapeshifter too nowadays, remember?

He can actually /be/ Alexsi.

Manawolf

He hasn't really mastered that yet.  Abel might be able to teach him more, but right now we only know of Dan being able to mutate his wings.

e_voyager

Mana has a point dan is still to  green but id he can hide his wingd and maby change his hair color he might pull it off
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Reese Tora

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on September 15, 2006, 01:18:32 AM
Anyone noticed that Mab just happened to come smack right there like magic? She's really plot convenient!

She's good at that. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_276.php  >3
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

xHaZxMaTx

Do you have like the whole comic archived in your head? :|

Janus Whitefurr

Abel does, in fact, harbour a deep loathing for those who disguise themselves as others.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Manawolf

Then what was up with that whole looking like Dan's reflection?

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Manawolf on September 15, 2006, 02:50:29 AM
Then what was up with that whole looking like Dan's reflection?

I didn't see him wandering around pretending to be Dan. Did you?
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Manawolf

No, just clubbing a man after posing as him.

Netami

I somehow doubt Abel is going to disagree dressing up like a girl on moral grounds. This is a case of him doing a favor for a friend for a day or so, as compared to pretending your entire life to be something you're not. He'll probably end up dressing up poorly as Merlitz anyways and bank on the fact that the reporters don't know what Merlitz of Lost Lake looks like anyways.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 15, 2006, 02:48:06 AM
Abel does, in fact, harbour a deep loathing for those who disguise themselves as others.

As Netami says (damn, missed it) it's only going to be for an hour or two, and for a virtuous cause as well.  Although if they do both end up shapeshifting as the stewards of Lost Lake*, Alexsi is going to owe them big and beating Dan up in future is going to be a lot harder to excuse.  And if his attempts to run the inn prove catastrophic, it was Wildy's fault in the first place.

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on September 15, 2006, 02:45:08 AM
Do you have like the whole comic archived in your head? :|

About a year ago, I did, pretty much word-for-word.  It's more-or-less just key scenes now, except for the storylines which I liked best or found fascinating.

**EDIT**
Oh yeah, Amber, I think I speak for all of us when I say that the five-day week was greatly appreciated, and I hope that doing it didn't put you out too much.

*It's owned by Destania and Edward, if he's still alive)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

chaotik

:meh

ha ha ha. once again what is supposed to be a competant, good-aligned adventurer not only gets to adventure, but once more gets completely humiliated and emasculated.   AGAIN. the whole 'cubi acadamy thing was bad enough, but this is past funny and ridiculous and bordering on obscene.  i mean, just because the artist of the comic is a female doesn't mean the male characters should be the consistant butt of every joke or humiliating incident in the entire fragging series......between Dan and Jyrras,  just about the entire comic has become the oh-so-witty or cute females making the males look like imbiciles, whether they be physically-oriented adventurers, or incredibly proficient, intelligent scientists.  While I like amber's art, and have generally enhoyed her comic, she REALLY needs to let up on the male-bashing, it's getting old.

Tapewolf

Quote from: chaotik on September 15, 2006, 05:55:52 AM
I mean, just because the artist of the comic is a female doesn't mean the male characters should be the consistant butt of every joke or humiliating incident in the entire fragging series

You're the first person I remember to complain about that.  I don't see it happening in Abel's Story, or with Abel in the mainline either.  Mainly it's because Dan is the protagonist and if he lead a totally charmed life we'd be complaining about that instead.

In essence I agree with your first point - it would be nice to see Dan go on a quest again.  I think the last one they did was the "let's go kill something" arc where they discovered Aaryanna.  Going to the shops doesn't really count.  >:3

Now, a couple of extra points about the current strip.  Firstly, Wildy's chest fluff is kind of cute.

Secondly, and more importantly, Wildy's ploy won't work.
Yes, Dan could hide his backwings with the Power.  If he can't change colour, he could dye his hair.  If he can't add breasts, he could stuff something down his shirt.  he might even be able to change his voice, but that won't be enough unless he knows how to imitate female body-language.

In 'Return of the Jedi' for instance, my father was able to guess that the bounty hunter was Leia because he was walking like a woman.  The reporters are going to pick up on that.  With a couple of months training it's possible to learn how to do this as an actor, but he has maybe two hours, and given his disdain for the original Biggs ploy, I doubt he's ever needed to do this.

Unless Dan and Abel come clean with the reporters, or give a white lie - maybe tell them she was hospitalised and they're standing in for her - those reporters are going to come away with some very strange copy about how Lost Lake is run by a man in drag.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Netami

From the standpoint of punchlines and probability, I severely doubt he's going to be called out for not walking like a woman. I mean he's (incoming hilarious joke) had experience with the shoes, and there's just too many other gags to pull with the scenario. Also your dad is creepy.

And yeah, DMFA has always been a bit on the guys getting the short end of the stick. Look at the interactions between Jyrras and Lorenda, Dan and any female, Abel versus the world, and Merlitz not so much with the exception of some of the stuff Aaryanna put him through. The female characters just aren't caught off guard or faceplant as much as the guys, and the reason for that is something you will just have to discover for yourself.

Gabi

Netami: Lorenda lost countless jobs. Aary is quite a tormented character all the time. Alexsi was under a lot of stress and now she's been kidnapped. Mab confessed her love to Merlitz right when he found a girlfriend. I think Wildy's the only one who won't look vulnerable no matter what, but that's her attitude, I think.

JP: well, Biggs didn't notice that. Either Dan is very good pretending to be a woman, or he comes across as a woman with male mannerisms... Which given Alexsi's reputation for the use of physical violence wouldn't look too off for 'her'.

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 15, 2006, 02:48:06 AM

Not really. He despises those who deny their cubi heritage. He never said anything about wearing disguises for other purposes.

Why did Wildy call Dan a being? Or is being used as a generic term for all furres?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

ShiningShadow

Your right on this one TW. I think dan need to find a way to pull this one off very seemly or else Lost Lake will be history in the reporters file. But hey this is DMFA so anything could or would happen maybe PIP will eat all the reporters hmmmmmmmmm. But let's wait and see what will happen next on this funny strip as I see it  :tohell

Netami

I'm not talking about character drama. I am talking about the humor in this comic. Chaotik was pissed that most jokes are about emasculating the men, and they pretty much are. But it's not men in general, just these guys. I mean, Ink did the same thing to both Abel and Dan (no comments on his gender bendery), but for the most part it's just the male cast. More specifically, Dan and his being pretty dense.