2014/07/04 - [DMFA #1500] Rock n' Roll All Nite

Started by ZacAttac21, July 04, 2014, 12:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

FIFTEEN HUN'D :goamber

*hugs baby Mink* What are you guys so afraid of? That's all he wanted!

lemurvid

That's the mouth off the Dune sandworms, right?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: lemurvid on July 04, 2014, 04:05:58 AM
That's the mouth off the Dune sandworms, right?

It's not just sandworms. There are actual live creatures with gullets that look like that. I think there's a turtle with one, and I could swear I've seen another one somewhere, but it escapes me just now. If I find something, I'll link you up.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Chairtastic

Lampreys too, methinks.  Penguins have something similar.

Also: *fweeee*

MT Hazard

Relevant men in black quote.

"Congratulations, Reg. It's a... squid. "
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Surzsha

THE HECK DID I JUST SEE AND WHY WAS IT SO CUTE?

Naldru

You can see a picture of the Lamprey Eel  on this U-Tube video from Animal Planet: Blood Sucking Lampreys - River Monsters.  However, the mouth looks more to me like a Moray Eel as shown in this article from National Geographic.  The description of Moray Eels swallowing also seems to match Mink having a sandwich.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Eboreg

You know, I could go into several explanations of why a newborn baby should not be able to do all that but I do remember that this is, after all, a comedic fantasy strip. Also, you have to feel sorry for Mink's mom. Four hundred years and five separate husbands did not prepare her for THIS.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Eboreg on July 05, 2014, 04:23:41 PM
You know, I could go into several explanations of why a newborn baby should not be able to do all that but I do remember that this is, after all, a comedic fantasy strip. Also, you have to feel sorry for Mink's mom. Four hundred years and five separate husbands did not prepare her for THIS.

Four hundred years and five separate husbands? When was that mentioned?

Eboreg

Quote from: CubiKitsune on July 06, 2014, 12:12:52 AM
Quote from: Eboreg on July 05, 2014, 04:23:41 PM

Four hundred years and five separate husbands? When was that mentioned?

I was kinda joking about that.
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tuyu

Mink is Jin, right?

Maybe this is the real reason why there's still only eight of them...

Brunhidden

jeeze, RIGHT after i get my wife home from the hospital for preterm labor issues....
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Eboreg

What the video doesn't show is that Mink actually glomped the camera-holder.

Naldru

It makes you wonder what Mink's father looks like.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Linkletter

Thanks to panel two, I can't help but hear the "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" theme playing over the "video".  I almost wet myself laughing.

For those that don't know Rockapella:

Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego: http://youtu.be/ozYg8vDTmkc

Delian Williams

With what we've heard about Mink's mom, I'm not surprised she went to what looks like a hospital for beings,
not too well prepared for cubi incidents. Come to think of it, I wonder if this energetic entrance is a cubi thing
or a squigglet thing... or maybe it's ye olde DMFA theme of disappearing camera-men :mowninja
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_317.php
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_043.php

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Eboreg

Quote from: Delian Williams on July 09, 2014, 08:25:28 PM
I wonder if this energetic entrance is a cubi thing
or a squigglet thing...

Probably a squigglet thing. Danny boy was nowhere near that energetic.

Madmann135

This proves even Amber is in the dark of what Mink's gender is.

That or she likes to tease her fans.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Techcubi

Mink sure is different in some ways than they used to be, huh?

lemurvid

Quote from: Naldru on July 09, 2014, 06:20:12 PM
This came up on the Katbox Forum. Apparently, Amber hinted quite strongly that Mink's father is in fact the person overseeing Matilda's treadmill exertions in the recovery montage in her side-comic.
I know, looks like a woman but, in fact, a dude.  :erk  After all, how macho do you expect Mink's dad to look?

Chairtastic

At this point I expected Mink's dad to be the Great Old One Cthulhu who  visits every time the stars align.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: lemurvid on July 10, 2014, 07:05:22 AM
Quote from: Naldru on July 09, 2014, 06:20:12 PM
This came up on the Katbox Forum. Apparently, Amber hinted quite strongly that Mink's father is in fact the person overseeing Matilda's treadmill exertions in the recovery montage in her side-comic.
I know, looks like a woman but, in fact, a dude.  :erk  After all, how macho do you expect Mink's dad to look?

*Looks through the Katbox Forums* Which section of the forum was that in? I can't seem to find it.

Tuyu

Comic discussion threads are in the Artist Alley forum.

The "hint" was mentioned in someone's post, without reference, in the thread for comic 1500. If it was posted elsewhere, I haven't found it.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tuyu on July 10, 2014, 04:11:55 PM
Comic discussion threads are in the Artist Alley forum.

The "hint" was mentioned in someone's post, without reference, in the thread for comic 1500. If it was posted elsewhere, I haven't found it.

Bam, found it. It seems I completely overlooked MissMab's section the first time. :B

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 07, 2014, 11:32:53 PM
jeeze, RIGHT after i get my wife home from the hospital for preterm labor issues....

Right..I'm suddenly glad this came after our colt was born..
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

thegayhare

For some reason I think I wanna play with this mink more....   I love kids, and baby mink seems like a big ball of fun... Teeth and fun but mostly the fun

lemurvid

Quote from: CubiKitsune on July 10, 2014, 06:51:08 PM
Bam, found it. It seems I completely overlooked MissMab's section the first time. :B
I feel I have to apologise to people for dropping such a mind-bomb without a link and then sloping off to live life and such (my tv died, much weeping). I'm a bit of a newbie at this and haven't got a handle on the linking stuff. :B
Still, I hope the revelation was entertaining.