2013/08/16 [DMFA #1421] - So do we call that a robe or a dress?

Started by killpurakat, August 15, 2013, 11:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

And now we've officially met Nact'Larn! :)

Guess Amber figured out how to cover that figure tastefully and utilizing the plot after all! Now, how long will she keep that on?

Bigger question: why does the nudist have better fashion-sense than Dan?  :3

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Jasae Bushae

I wonder if with enough fan requests, we would get to see a more NSFW story surrounding Nact'Larn.... :mowtongue

In reaction to this though, it seems the clan leaders for the most part just do this to troll people for LOLS XD
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Lego3400

That looks quite good on her. Not the COLORS she should be wearing given her own color scheme but the way she wears it is very nice. Then again given she stole it, there's not much she can do about the color.

Icalasari

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on August 16, 2013, 12:05:39 AM
I wonder if with enough fan requests, we would get to see a more NSFW story surrounding Nact'Larn.... :mowtongue

Amber has done NSFW stuff on her characters before. So she could always do it on DeviantArt or something as bonus content
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

FairWage22

Bigger question, is Nact'Larn ready to potentially die because she stole the dress/robe that Wildy got for Dan?
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

Wanderer

Quote from: Wageslave94 on August 16, 2013, 07:40:43 AM

Bigger question, is Nact'Larn ready to potentially die because she stole the dress/robe that Wildy got for Dan?
Oh, I'm sure she'll eventually leave it somewhere where he might, possibly, be able to retrieve it. I doubt she cares for wearing clothes in the long term.

Jasae Bushae

Quote from: Wanderer on August 16, 2013, 09:22:11 AM
Quote from: Wageslave94 on August 16, 2013, 07:40:43 AM

Oh, I'm sure she'll eventually leave it somewhere where he might, possibly, be able to retrieve it. I doubt she cares for wearing clothes in the long term.
Or perhaps she wants Dan to come and retrieve it XD
in a way, it would be on Dan for not wanting to go into the lions den to try retrieving the thing XD
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Wdot

I don't think Dan would hit Nact'larn, she's obviously a lady; adventurers just don't go around hitting ladies even if they do swipe their clothes. Especially since apparently she had none herself. ;)
I'm pretty sure she'll give it back, she's probably just borrowing it. Returning it might be fun after all. I really laughed when I saw she was wearing Dan's robe. I have to admit she wears it better than he does.
Zezzuva cracks me up with "I decline this conversation!" She really doesn't like socializing.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt

Ganurath

Quote from: Lego3400 on August 16, 2013, 12:16:25 AM
That looks quite good on her. Not the COLORS she should be wearing given her own color scheme but the way she wears it is very nice. Then again given she stole it, there's not much she can do about the color.
She can change the color of her feathers to go with the robe. I'd explain how that's possible, but the horse is pretty dead at this point.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

joshofspam

On Dan it's nice, on her it's.....simply ravishing.

Who knew Dan's robe had so many practical applications? :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

mithril

Quote from: Icalasari on August 16, 2013, 03:20:53 AM
Quote from: Jasae Bushae on August 16, 2013, 12:05:39 AM

Amber has done NSFW stuff on her characters before. So she could always do it on DeviantArt or something as bonus content

probably Furaffinity in this case.. i suspect any NSFW stuff Nact'larn would get up to would stretch DA's policies a bit..

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Wdot on August 16, 2013, 10:48:39 AMZezzuva cracks me up with "I decline this conversation!" She really doesn't like socializing.

Zezzuva is such a party pooper, isn't she?  It's no wonder that Dimanika goes as far out of her way to offend her as possible. ^.^

Speaking of parties, Nact'larn strikes me as the life of nearly any party (she'd be the one wearing a lampshade - and ONLY a lampshade).  Get her together with Dimanika and Piflak and you'll probably get a Goddess Level Girls Gone Wild.

Poor Dan.  He's barely begun to suffer.

(Side note: I don't care if she's got a beak and feathers, that ain't no bird's body on Nact'larn.  She may be of the feathered persuasion, but she's all succubus!)

MT Hazard

Quote from: Wdot on August 16, 2013, 10:48:39 AM
I don't think Dan would hit Nact'larn, she's obviously a lady; adventurers just don't go around hitting ladies even if they do swipe their clothes. Especially since apparently she had none herself. ;)

Equal opportunity knockout
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Mermidion

i still want to see Quoar appearing.Not only because he is the only Male clan Leader but also because it would be super Special considering he only sends an Envoy every thousand years to proof that he still exists.
And i think the appearing of Dan as Cyras Clan speaker would be enough to make him curious and come out of his hiding hole...maybe. :mowsmile

SilverDemonWolf

What I want to know is, has Dan managed to get his pants back from Piflak yet?

... Hope you wore boxers today, Danny.

Tapewolf

Quote from: SilverDemonWolf on August 17, 2013, 09:40:20 AM

She actually stole Jakob's.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Wdot

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 17, 2013, 07:45:15 AM
Quote from: Wdot on August 16, 2013, 10:48:39 AM

Equal opportunity knockout
Well, I think minions are fair game and Dan was enraged and in a cage at the time.

... Hope you wore boxers today, Danny.
Well, I'm not sure, but I think those were Jacob's pants, not Dan's. Oops was beat out by Tapewolf. Not going to redo it though. :(
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt

killpurakat

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 17, 2013, 10:39:09 AM

So, when are you going to get your pants back, then? :) Or would it be considered more gentlemanly to allow her to keep them?

BTW, which clan does Jakob belong to?

Eboreg

Quote from: killpurakat on August 17, 2013, 04:24:27 PM

He belongs to Daryil clan, Tapewolf created it and has gone into quite some detail on it. Most of it can be accessed from his webcomic, Project Future, which is set 150 years after the events of DMFA.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Quote from: killpurakat on August 17, 2013, 04:24:27 PM

Notwithstanding that Amber may have own spin on this in DMFA proper, Jakob belongs to a minor clan known as Daryil, or "the fruit and nut clan".

They have a reputation for being slightly insane (much like Dimanika Clan, but written before she became known) and were originally written as weirdos that the other clans stay away from (partly to aid in compatibility with DMFA prior to Jakob's cameo).

The clan is led by Daryil, who has designs on becoming an actual Tri-Wing, and has managed to simulate imperfectly some of the characteristics of such a clan, such as a primitive link to members of his clan, and crude tentacle-heads.  (Whether these effects manifest in DMFA is up to Amber).

Chapter 25 of Project Future has most of the known clan members appearing in the background.  A followup story, 'The Epsilon Project' is set 25 years after Daryil's ascension and was written after I had a more detailed understanding of what an ascended 'Cubi is actually like (this is somewhat glossed over in Project Future).

EDIT: One of the things I am quietly pleased about is how closely Piflak and Dimanika's behaviour tallies with Daryil's own.  He would fit right in.

Drakkenmensch

Depantsu from Piflak + Dedressu from Nact'Larn = lots of cubi walking away nekkid!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 17, 2013, 10:39:09 AM

I note (and probably should have commented at the time, in fact) that Jakob is not a boxers boy. I don't know that that signifies anything, though. Perhaps that he's just a little uptight? (not that we can blame him for that, given his history...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Prroul

Other than an already referenced pot/kettle comparison, it doesn't necessarily mean Dan is completely unclothed, just mostly. As has been mentioned, he was not depantsu'd, it was Jacob. Let's only hope a certain combat instructor wasn't in the vicinity at the time... unless you are a shipper, of course.

EDIT: Also, that's a very magically resistant robe she's got there as well. Which means either she used pure slight-of-hand to derobsu him or she's even more powerful a magic user than, say, Dark Pegasus, who couldn't even get through it with a blast (although the impact still knocked Dan for a loop). If the former... well... I will merely say that she must have very good hands, and leave the rest up to the imagination of the shippers. If the latter... remind me to never piss her off.

Lurkie

Quote from: Prroul on August 19, 2013, 07:19:57 PM
Other than an already referenced pot/kettle comparison, it doesn't necessarily mean Dan is completely unclothed, just mostly. As has been mentioned, he was not depantsu'd, it was Jacob. Let's only hope a certain combat instructor wasn't in the vicinity at the time... unless you are a shipper, of course.

Heh, while it might be nice to see Quill and Jakob hook up, I confess that I think it would be even more amusing to see Jakob perpetually on the run.  Sort of like Pepe Le Pew when his scheme to get the beautiful cat backfired.  :-)

EDIT: Also, that's a very magically resistant robe she's got there as well. Which means either she used pure slight-of-hand to derobsu him or she's even more powerful a magic user than, say, Dark Pegasus, who couldn't even get through it with a blast (although the impact still knocked Dan for a loop). If the former... well... I will merely say that she must have very good hands, and leave the rest up to the imagination of the shippers. If the latter... remind me to never piss her off.

I think it safe to say that one should never piss off any tri-wing 'Cubi.  It would be bad.  X-P

I like to think of the derobesu and related techniques as being part of a peculiarly 'Cubi form of martial arts.  Purely physical, no magic involved.  Of course, this is all up to Amber, but I find the idea amusing.  All these powerful magic users, the 'Cubi not least of them, and they still can't defend against a depantsu.  Heh.
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lurkie on August 21, 2013, 11:07:19 AM

Heh, while it might be nice to see Quill and Jakob hook up, I confess that I think it would be even more amusing to see Jakob perpetually on the run.  Sort of like Pepe Le Pew when his scheme to get the beautiful cat backfired.  :-)

On that topic, for those who may have missed it, Merlin and I did this for Amber's birthday:  http://projectfuturecomic.com/stuff/things/amber2013-v2.png

Prroul

Quote from: Lurkie on August 21, 2013, 11:07:19 AM

Why do I suddenly have Yakkedy Sax running through my head?

QuoteI like to think of the derobesu and related techniques as being part of a peculiarly 'Cubi form of martial arts.  Purely physical, no magic involved.  Of course, this is all up to Amber, but I find the idea amusing.  All these powerful magic users, the 'Cubi not least of them, and they still can't defend against a depantsu.  Heh.
Then see previous comment about having very good hands and leaving the rest in the minds of the shippers.