2013/05/13 [DMFA #1401] How to make a good diplomatic first impression

Started by Drakkenmensch, May 13, 2013, 12:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakkenmensch

Rule #1: Don't express surprise at someone else's gender. That never looks well on you.

LoneHowler

Dan wasn't the one who expressed surprise. I thought so on first reading too. I don't know if the armored wolf is a clan representive  
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

AzureEdge

I am pretty sure that if the clothes stealing was happening to Dan before he started a relationship with Matilda, he'd be completely fine with it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on May 13, 2013, 12:06:37 AM
Rule #1: Don't express surprise at someone else's gender. That never looks well on you.

Might be less of a faux pas when your race is polymorphic and can change their apparent gender for laughs.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Congrats Blue-green, you've said one of the worse things you can say to a woman. As long as he doesn't follow up with "Are you sure?"
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Eboreg

Well, it seems that the hands-thing is rare even in Furrae. Probably some inventive shapeshifting.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

e_voyager

she's probably a mythos of some kind. sadly unlike Dan i notice she was female before i notices that her hands formed her face.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

The Game Freak

first, i gotta say i love the design for Miss Handy-Face (thats what i'm calling her for now till we get a name from her) and it's inspired me recently to do some creative character building. 2. i hope we see more of her because you can not walk away and forget something like her as Dan has demonstrated to us XD.

i honestly think she is Mythos though what kind that makes a face out of hands who knows, she could be a hybrid herself and is one of a kind from other Mythos in the world. what do you think?

Tapewolf

Quote from: The Game Freak on May 13, 2013, 10:40:53 AM
first, i gotta say i love the design for Miss Handy-Face (thats what i'm calling her for now till we get a name from her) and it's inspired me recently to do some creative character building. 2. i hope we see more of her because you can not walk away and forget something like her as Dan has demonstrated to us XD.

i honestly think she is Mythos though what kind that makes a face out of hands who knows, she could be a hybrid herself and is one of a kind from other Mythos in the world. what do you think?

There's a design sketch here:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/10568002/

So her name is allegedly "Abyss Nor'Mahl" (I say allegedly because it's a bit too much like 'Abbie Normal' in Young Frankenstein), and she's a mythos 'Cubi of Kish'Ta, the Nightmare clan.

Welcome to the board, by the way, and don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so...

Jasae Bushae

huh, reading that page it seems that everyone was able to pinpoint the inspirations for her XD

totally didn't expect nightmare (as confusing as she is) though i never found the hand guy in pans labyrinth that terrifying either ^^;
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Amber Williams

Truth be told, the nightmarish part tends to happen more if you try to take the hood off or she moves all the hands away. :B

The Game Freak

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 13, 2013, 11:16:07 AM
There's a design sketch here:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/10568002/

So her name is allegedly "Abyss Nor'Mahl" (I say allegedly because it's a bit too much like 'Abbie Normal' in Young Frankenstein), and she's a mythos 'Cubi of Kish'Ta, the Nightmare clan.

Welcome to the board, by the way, and don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so...

thanks tape wolf :) don't worry, i'll be on my best behavior so long no one talks about EA games directly at me.

but back on topic, i did see that sketch but i wasn't to sure by the name myself but if that is her name then it is but honestly i kinda hope we see more of her in the comics. heck maybe get to know more about her background would be cool too but that's just me being optimistic

The Game Freak

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 13, 2013, 12:02:03 PM
Truth be told, the nightmarish part tends to happen more if you try to take the hood off or she moves all the hands away. :B

ah so she does have a mouth then? and here i thought she had a disembodied voice from her hands making the mouth XD

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Here, let me give you a hand..."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

he face won't turn you to stone like a Gorgon will it?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ignuus66

(credit: Gabi)

Anri

Now you're just making me curious!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anri on May 13, 2013, 05:57:43 PM

Now you're just making me curious!

Cobb: There's nothing to fear under that fine robe of yours, is there?
Bobbin: If you fear Nothing, then you'd better not touch me.

e_voyager

as i look at the comic again it seems it wasn't dan question her gender it was the wolf that was talking to her and mink. then again Dan can probably spot a girl from a 100 clicks 

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on May 13, 2013, 06:15:15 PM
as i look at the comic again it seems it wasn't dan question her gender it was the wolf that was talking to her and mink. then again Dan can probably spot a girl from a 100 clicks 

Dog.  And to be fair, Dan referred to Abyss as "That thing"...

e_voyager

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 13, 2013, 06:17:43 PM
Quote from: e_voyager on May 13, 2013, 06:15:15 PM

Dog.  And to be fair, Dan referred to Abyss as "That thing"...
that's a good point then again he probably has no ideal what species she is

Lying Foo

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 13, 2013, 11:16:07 AMSo her name is allegedly "Abyss Nor'Mahl" (I say allegedly because it's a bit too much like 'Abbie Normal' in Young Frankenstein), and she's a mythos 'Cubi of Kish'Ta, the Nightmare clan.

That makes me wonder, why doesn't Lorenda have any Cubi horror films?  Isn't that supposed to be a Kish'Ta specialty?
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Eboreg

Quote from: Lying Foo on May 13, 2013, 07:44:37 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on May 13, 2013, 11:16:07 AMSo her name is allegedly "Abyss Nor'Mahl" (I say allegedly because it's a bit too much like 'Abbie Normal' in Young Frankenstein), and she's a mythos 'Cubi of Kish'Ta, the Nightmare clan.

That makes me wonder, why doesn't Lorenda have any Cubi horror films?  Isn't that supposed to be a Kish'Ta specialty?

Well, a horror film could very easily have a Cubi antagonist as in "The Thing". Not sure it would be a good idea to play on fear of Cubi though, what with some pretty prominent racism going around.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Brunhidden

we the audience likely dont get the full impact of the 'wait, youre a female?' because we dont hear whatever voice is in ambers head accompanying her. likely its rhaspy and deep, giving people there reason to be surprised that someone who sounds like tone loc smoking a cigar is a chick
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

The Game Freak

Quote from: Brunhidden on May 13, 2013, 10:10:10 PM
we the audience likely dont get the full impact of the 'wait, youre a female?' because we dont hear whatever voice is in ambers head accompanying her. likely its rhaspy and deep, giving people there reason to be surprised that someone who sounds like tone loc smoking a cigar is a chick

that is true but she does show obvious signs to be female IE thin waist, slender arms (though upper arms look a little buff, could be to keep her arms up covering her face longer or something) and most obvious of all... the chest. honestly i just think the wolf cubi is just blind

Anri

Quote from: The Game Freak on May 14, 2013, 12:09:42 AM
that is true but she does show obvious signs to be female IE thin waist, slender arms (though upper arms look a little buff, could be to keep her arms up covering her face longer or something) and most obvious of all... the chest. honestly i just think the wolf cubi is just blind

Or he's just taken one too many hits to the head. Let's face it, even the greatest fighters had to take a few hits to the head to get there.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Anri on May 14, 2013, 04:19:06 AM
Or he's just taken one too many hits to the head. Let's face it, even the greatest fighters had to take a few hits to the head to get there.

He used to be a real adventurer, but then he took twenty-two consecutive sucker punch rights to the knee head?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

The Game Freak

Quote from: Anri on May 14, 2013, 04:19:06 AM

haha! yea, or that XD

Jasae Bushae

Yah~ With shapeshifting powers, a Cubi actor could easily play any role and even a few more improbable ones so in theory, half of Lorendas shelf could be populated by Cubi actors.

And as for the male/female discussion, Mythos really are an odd hodge podge grouping term for next to anything so it might be presumptuous to make any gender assumptions regardless of appearance, especially where shapeshifting is involved XD
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Daymond42

I hope we continue to see more of our hand-face lady. I like her! :>

*sings Billy Idol's "Eyes Without a Face"*