2013/05/13 [DMFA #1401] How to make a good diplomatic first impression

Started by Drakkenmensch, May 13, 2013, 12:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

I notice Dan hasn't kept up with his make-up routine, how long will it be before some one notices the mark?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 15, 2013, 10:01:04 AM
I notice Dan hasn't kept up with his make-up routine, how long will it be before some one notices the mark?

Mink may already have told them anyway.

What I'm more curious about is the lack of headwings and how they'll take that.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

able had his mark before he had his headwings. maybe they think that dan is just young. other may realize that dan has just learned of his heritage and is still coming to terms with himself.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on May 15, 2013, 10:52:29 AM
able had his mark before he had his headwings. maybe they think that dan is just young. other may realize that dan has just learned of his heritage and is still coming to terms with himself.

Yes, but someone who's either still a kid or in denial about being 'Cubi could be interpreted as a rather odd choice of envoy for the Clan Leader meeting.

Especially as I don't think 'Cubi are expected to attend SAIA until their headwings have come in...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

You mean, like, say, Tapewolf? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 15, 2013, 01:08:58 PM

You mean, like, say, Tapewolf? ;-]

Considering the event he's planning to participate in, that might be intentional. He is a representative of his clan after all.

Besides, Abel pretty much admmited that not everyone would react to him like Jacob did....I wonder what it's like to have school cred on par with a rock and roll star? :B
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Eboreg

I'd put his cred more on par with William Patrick Hitler Stuart-Houston.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 15, 2013, 10:01:04 AMI notice Dan hasn't kept up with his make-up routine, how long will it be before some one notices the mark?

He's in SAIA, why bother with the makeup before leaving again?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lying Foo

Because Cyra.  (And also Destania.)

But at this meeting, no, it probably should be showing so they know why he showed up.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lying Foo on May 17, 2013, 01:14:54 AM
Because Cyra.  (And also Destania.)

Erm. If they can't see it, you can bet they'll ask.

And since he's in a clan of his own, effectively... Anyone who sees his wing-tentacles is going to ask, definitely, because the heads on them suggest he's someone with either a lot of power or training himself (in which case he wouldn't be at SAIA, or at least not as a student, you'd think) or someone with a clan leader who is tri-wing, or at least very powerful, and alive - and _those_ are few and far between, so they'll be curious.

Very curious. Because they're 'Cubi, and curiosity is an emotion, in that sort of thing.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Eboreg on May 13, 2013, 08:34:10 PM
Quote from: Lying Foo on May 13, 2013, 07:44:37 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on May 13, 2013, 11:16:07 AMSo her name is allegedly "Abyss Nor'Mahl" (I say allegedly because it's a bit too much like 'Abbie Normal' in Young Frankenstein), and she's a mythos 'Cubi of Kish'Ta, the Nightmare clan.

That makes me wonder, why doesn't Lorenda have any Cubi horror films?  Isn't that supposed to be a Kish'Ta specialty?

Well, a horror film could very easily have a Cubi antagonist as in "The Thing". Not sure it would be a good idea to play on fear of Cubi though, what with some pretty prominent racism going around.

More like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."  The Thing (especially as John Carpenter envisioned it) was an out-and-out Eldritch Abomination.  It didn't just shapeshift and imitate people, it infected and absorbed them, and the shapeshifting itself had such a high squick factor it probably would make Kish'ta herself blanch.

Though that makes the point stand even more clearly.  Why on Furrae would you want to show a Cubi having even MORE horrible powers then beings already think they do??