You might see me around...

Started by Eli_In_Chains, September 05, 2012, 06:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eli_In_Chains

And if you do, I'll probably be hanging around the RP section quite a lot. ^^; But don't be alarmed if I drop off the radar, either, it's been a while since my attention span let me stay in one place for long.

Introductions are in order, though. :3 I'm Eli, as you might guess from my username, nice to meet you all. I'm mainly here because I read through DMFA's archives a couple days ago and decided that I love that comic. XP Then I clickied the "forum" link at the top of the page, looked around a bit, read the rules, and decided to register and see what happens. :3 About the custom title, "Wearer of Masks," ooooh very melodramatic, right? :P No, it's just a thing that I say. Everyone acts differently around different people, and I'm no different; I'm just a little more shameless about it. I have my masks that I wear for different people: it's the lubricant in the machine that is society.

On a subject that many people probably don't care about, I may not mention my gender in my profile, but that's just because I consider myself agendered. My meatshell is male, but I like to think that gender is more than just what you have between your legs. I'm a furry, though my fursona is currently in flux (I'm thinking about taking on a cubi 'sona, actually, much as it pains me to steal from someone else's world), and I'm not particularly active in the community other than watching 2 Sense and, now, reading DMFA. Oh, and I say "meatshell" instead of "body" because I think it's funny, no real reason besides that.

I mentioned I'm probably going to be around the RP section quite a bit... I've been roleplaying since I was around eleven--that is, if we're not counting the silly pretend-games I played since I was born--and that's one of the things I've always enjoyed, making a new character and stepping into their life and their world. Of course since I started when I was eleven, I was terrible at it up until right around four or five years ago. I used to write standalone stories, too, but my muse seems to have moved on. Uh, other creative hobbies... well I'm studying guitarmaking, hopefully by the end of this semester I'll have a guitar built to show for all my work. ^^; If I'm still here by then you can bet I won't be able to resist posting pictures of it. I also try to draw, but frankly I'm nothing special and haven't got the focus to practice enough to get better. I am pretty good at facepainting though, as a result of doing it for money. :P

Ack. Rambling. :x Well, this is a fair enough introduction to who I am, I suppose. Wandering down various topics and roads aimlessly, and trying to balance description of myself with the socially acceptable level of humility... XP Also humor. Trying to be funny. We shall see whether it has worked. Also the purple smileys are killing my sentences. :x

llearch n'n'daCorna

Welcome to the forum. Mind out for Darkmoon.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 'Cubi thing.  A lot of people have created 'Cubi characters, and Amber has often taken pains to point out that she didn't invent incubi or succubi and therefore doesn't have a copyright claim on them (though personally I think her take on them is unique and fascinating).

That said, Demons don't seem to get much love :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eli_In_Chains

I'm not really worried about her opinion so much, I know she doesn't mind people getting inspiration from her story (she did a comic on that, didn't she?), it's just a personal thing I have. I dunno, I'm just used to doing my own stuff like that. ^^; Though I do like the incubus idea, and I'm around about halfway to a fursona idea for one anyway... well we shall see. Oh and as for demons not getting much love, that's probably 'cause cubi are too awesome. I do like the angels as well--I'm fond of the behind-the-scenes manipulation they're credited with--but sadly they're not well-represented so far in the canon so I can't get enough info to create one. ^^;

Thanks both of you for the welcome. :3 I'm sure I'll be enjoying my stay here whether or not it's a long one. ^^

Ignuus66

Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your time here.

As for your furry persona, I do not recommend using a succubus outside of forums affiliated with DMFA, as they tend to have a bad reputation...
(are overused for inappropriate things  :erk)

(credit: Gabi)

Darkmoon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 05, 2012, 07:14:44 PM

I love how we've gone from "don't mind the jerks" to "don't mind the admins" to, now, "don't mind Darkmoon".
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Eli_In_Chains

If it will save me from your judgment when you inevitably take over the world, I utterly disregarded the statement. ^^;

XD

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 07, 2012, 11:27:28 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 05, 2012, 07:14:44 PM

I love how we've gone from "don't mind the jerks" to "don't mind the admins" to, now, "don't mind Darkmoon".

Well, I can hardly warn him to watch out for the box, now, can I?

Mao

justacritic

Darkmoon

Quote from: Mao on September 07, 2012, 01:10:00 PM
I'd say you're both jerks.

Bear in mind, we promoted you because we felt you were of a similar mind with us. What does that say about you?
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Mao

llearch n'n'daCorna

Brunhidden

the hardware store had signs with the phrase, but not 'admin'

'beware of dog' seemed a little offensive and 'insured by smith and wesson' gives the wrong impression (most of us are melee)
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.