29/06/2012 [DMFA #1319] How did she manage to do that?

Started by Ignuus66, June 29, 2012, 05:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignuus66

If Matilda ripped of his brothers arm, and his brother looked like the male showed here, then matilda must be much stronger than she looks.

Oh and congratulations on your new computer!May I ask What the specifications are?

(credit: Gabi)

Talis Mahn

That just means Matilda is that badass that she could take down her brother...Who out massed her by about 1.5x

Wurgel

she didn't only ripped of his arm. She beat him into submission with said arm.

At least she would make a nice adventuring partner for Dan.

Abel-needs-a-hug

At some point, you have to wonder if maybe they couldn't kill her. I wonder, if she had actually killed her brother, would she have become the new alpha male instead of being exiled?

Ignuus66

Quote from: Abel-needs-a-hug on June 29, 2012, 06:40:53 AM
At some point, you have to wonder if maybe they couldn't kill her. I wonder, if she had actually killed her brother, would she have become the new alpha male instead of being exiled?
Probably no considering their tendancy to outcast females. I guess if she would have killed him and a few more males, they might fear her enough to make her their leader, but she does not seem like that sort of person

MT Hazard

I'm curious about what Mythos* find attractive in each other (Matilda appears to be smiling and staring) and by extension how Matilda and Dan could find each other attractive. Well, at least we know its possible for them to have children.

*Specifically the blue mountain variety.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Mao

Much like humans:  I imagine it all comes down to personal preferences.

Brunhidden

i would assume the question was geared more towards if they are turned on by large frills, the deeper blue they display makes them more attractive, or they just like some tail

however i would assume having the physics defying nards enough to ride one of those males like a pretty pony would be seen as attractive in any species- anyone brazen enough to do that is on par with the solar surfers of douglas adams, or that guy i met who juggles badgers. badassery and self confidence always open the pants of the opposite sex
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Grey Wolf

Oh. My. God.

I'd love to know more about this race, even if it wasn't in comic format.

Thanks for the info, Amber! This gives us a lot to think about!
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Drayco84

That... Is pretty darn impressive, actually...

But I wonder if Dan knows what the males look like...

If he ever needs to break up with her, he'd be best to do it gently... And from the other side of the planet...

In other news... I... Love... Ellipses... Today...

joshofspam

So if she didn't rip her brothers arm off, they would have killed her for disobeying? :erk

I'd say that would demand a beating of her brother afterwords, preferably with said arm. :smack

Edit: Also looking back on that page, Matilda was of a similar train of thought at the time it seems. Theirs something truly poetic about beating someone with their own fists. >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Madmann135

My impression of Matilda went up 100 fold after seeing what she was up against.
Dan really has a keeper, she may not be an amazon in name but she is one in ability.  I mean to take someone down who 1.5x her size and probably 2x-3x her weight... Dan stay on her good side.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Nino

Quote from: Grey Wolf on June 29, 2012, 10:33:26 AM
Oh. My. God.

I know, right? That 10-page filler on the Blue Volcano mythos sounds really awesome.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Nino on June 29, 2012, 12:29:36 PM
Quote from: Grey Wolf on June 29, 2012, 10:33:26 AM
Oh. My. God.

I know, right? That 10-page filler on the Blue Volcano mythos sounds really awesome.

I third this.  It should be a demonology strip and it could be an excuse for Amber to get more money from us.  I'd certainly be willing to donate some cash for it to be made.

I want to know more about their society and how closely related it is to any real world societies.  Given the elaborate patterning on the males, they might have some avian characteristics to their relationships and mating rituals as well.  I'd love to know more. :D

More importantly, could there be pockets of them living in volcanoes across the planet of Furrae, either naturally or as exiled tribes with variances in their cultures?  Do they migrate between volcanoes, perhaps even through lava tubes beneath the surface?  That would be so cool. :eager They could be one of the more common mythos species in Furrae, and I really hope they are, as I'd love to have a male of their species in my stories. :boogie

I'd also like to know a little more about the physical anatomy.
Is that frill like the one on a frilled lizard?  Do the males also have retractable claws like the females?
Are they born live, or do they hatch from eggs, or some combination of the two, such as hatching within the gravid mother and then being "birthed" out of her?

Quote from: Ignuus66 on June 29, 2012, 05:15:11 AM
Oh and congratulations on your new computer!May I ask What the specifications are?

I would also like to know the specifications of this new computer, particularly the processor model and speed, the amount of RAM and hard drive space, and the model number of the graphics card.

EDIT:
I now want to know what Dan and Matilda's love child would look like as an incubus instead of a succubus.  I think they'd be more than 20% cooler and equally bad-ass. 8)

Icon by Sunblink

joshofspam

There is one question I would have for Mythos biology.

Does the third eye have any extra ability that the other two don't have?

Edit: Also does Matilda's extra eye give her better visual acuity and visual tracking?

Ignuus66

Quote from: ChaosMageX on June 29, 2012, 01:04:43 PM
Quote from: Ignuus66 on June 29, 2012, 05:15:11 AM

I would also like to know the specifications of this new computer, particularly the processor model and speed, the amount of RAM and hard drive space, and the model number of the graphics card.
Perhaps even hard drive RPM and the speed of the ram, + the number of cores the processor has. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your new computer and 64 bit does not give you any trouble.

I now want to know what Dan and Matilda's love child would look like as an incubus instead of a succubus.  I think they'd be more than 20% cooler and equally bad-ass. 8)
I'm thinking that due to the genes of a Male blue volc mythos is missing, their love child would look more like matilda than a male blue volc mythos. Of course I don't see this as a problem once he gets to cubi age, as shapeshifting can solve any such problems.

Quote from: joshofspam on June 29, 2012, 01:50:28 PM
Does the third eye have any extra ability that the other two don't have?

Edit: Also does Matilda's extra eye give her better visual acuity and visual tracking?
there Is some speculation (if there wasn't then there is now  :P ) that matilda can "see" the souls of people. Perhaps the third eye detects another thing. (Eyes that would see  magical energy in itself perhaps? )

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ignuus66 on June 29, 2012, 04:12:00 PM
there Is some speculation (if there wasn't then there is now  :P ) that matilda can "see" the souls of people. Perhaps the third eye detects another thing. (Eyes that would see  magical energy in itself perhaps? )

I may have been reading too much into that, I'm not sure.  Someone suggested that when she said 'you have a good soul first and foremost ... it was the first thing I noticed about you when you walked into my shop' (p 640), she was speaking metaphorically, and that is possible, though frankly I'm not convinced - since the act of walking through a door is hardly an accurate reflection of someone's personality, especially if they're a master of deception.

However, the fact remains that in page 407, with all three eyes apparently closed, she identifies Dan as an incubus, despite the fact that he looks like a common or garden Angel.  That suggests to me that she's looking at something distinctly non-physical...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Wanderer

Ye gods, girl! That arm is as thick as your torso! How in the name of all that's holy did you rip something like that off and beat its owner with it?!

mithril

Quote from: Wanderer on June 29, 2012, 07:37:09 PM
Ye gods, girl! That arm is as thick as your torso! How in the name of all that's holy did you rip something like that off and beat its owner with it?!

dedication?

Quote from: MT Hazard on June 29, 2012, 08:13:49 AM
I'm curious about what Mythos* find attractive in each other (Matilda appears to be smiling and staring) and by extension how Matilda and Dan could find each other attractive. Well, at least we know its possible for them to have children.
*Specifically the blue mountain variety.
given how the males of the specific species are described, i suspect that attraction might not even factor into it. a personality like that, and matilda did say that women in her society were usually treated more like child bearing furniture... that suggests abusive dominant/submissive relationships.. basically the male thinks "she'll bear strong/healthy children", and the female's feelings about the matter don't really factor in from that point on. it seems likely that females of the species would be used as a means to cement inter-male dominance ties.. so Matilda might well have attacked her Brother (the Alpha male of the group) after said brother offered her to another male for a 'wife' to cement his status in the society.. she certainly doesn't seem like the kind to submit to being just a piece of living furniture.

as for what matilda finds attractive.. from the comic it seems that starts with "good person" and goes from there. it seems more mental than physical for her.

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ignuus66

Quote from: e_voyager on June 29, 2012, 10:20:24 PM
that and a cute but according to her http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_640.php
hmm, just noticed, matildas cheeks are grey when she blushes. Blue+ orange+ white = gray, thus her blood is orange colored! Thats odd, but I guess fire/lava is orange/red

Tuyu

I now want to know what Dan and Matilda's love child would look like as an incubus instead of a succubus.  I think they'd be more than 20% cooler and equally bad-ass. 8)
And if that did happen, I'd like to see Dan's mom and Matilda's dad both pay a surprise visit when they hear about it.

(At the same time, of course.)

...would 'hostility' be considered a distinct emotion?

Ignuus66

Quote from: Tuyu on June 30, 2012, 12:24:33 AM
And if that did happen, I'd like to see Dan's mom and Matilda's dad both pay a surprise visit when they hear about it.

(At the same time, of course.)

...would 'hostility' be considered a distinct emotion?
Matilda's dad is dead. That is what lead to her brother being leader of the family, which led to matilda tearing his brothers arm off.

Nino

Quote from: Ignuus66 on June 29, 2012, 10:53:04 PM
Quote from: e_voyager on June 29, 2012, 10:20:24 PM
that and a cute but according to her http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_640.php
hmm, just noticed, matildas cheeks are grey when she blushes. Blue+ orange+ white = gray, thus her blood is orange colored! Thats odd, but I guess fire/lava is orange/red

I'm not sure if you're joking, but no way - just look at her tongue and mouth region - grey as well! No blue color would interfere, so it's gotta be just grey blood.

Anyway, color under skin can appear to be completely different than what would make sense anyway, because the complex way light goes through skin. Even oxygen-deprived blood isn't blue, after all. At least if Cracked articles are to be trusted (I hear they're 100% inspired by solid fact - hah!).

OH, I have to say, that shading on the male where it's a gradient (Gaussian blur maybe?) and then has solid-line shaded shadows (I don't know how to better describe it) looks amazing.

psilorder

I got to thinking about Ligers and how they are bigger than lions because female tigers don't have the size inhibitors that counteract the male lions size enhancers, which the female lions have so they can give birth with less problems.
Which lead me to the question; how much do the males grow from after birth? Is it a lot so it is easy for the females? or somewhat less and they are like kiwibirds and the females can almost hardly move during pregnancy?
and over how long a time do they grow?

Tylor

Matilda's top eye is bugging me out. How is it working without eye socket?
Also, I think their intimate time with Dan will be logistical nightmare...

ArchTeryx

Actually, looking at that monster of a male, all I can think of is that it gives a whole new weight to the concept of "jealous boyfriend".  Keep your wits about, Dan, because if one of THOSE takes a dislike to you, you're going to need a bigger boat.

Drayco84

Quote from: Wanderer on June 29, 2012, 07:37:09 PM

That time of-*Hears sounds of MANY firearms being loaded and prepped.*
*Slowly backs out of the room.*

joshofspam

Actually, from a biological stand point, it's rather interesting to note Amber's fact about the males a bit more varied in color and color patterns.

Seeing as some male birds use their color plumage to show off and attract a mate. This could mean at one time the males might have done something similar. But now it's a male supiariar society mentality it seems. I wonder if the males use to be smaller at one time?

Hmmmmmmm...I wonder if Amazons get into big fights at times when they have to get close or walk through Blue Volcano territory?

Ignuus66

Quote from: ArchTeryx on June 30, 2012, 11:31:14 AM
Actually, looking at that monster of a male, all I can think of is that it gives a whole new weight to the concept of "jealous boyfriend".  Keep your wits about, Dan, because if one of THOSE takes a dislike to you, you're going to need a bigger boat.
Remember he already faced off against a few exiles, many of which, I presume, was male. Also I'm pretty sure he fought against even larger opponents. Not to mention not many blue volcano mythoses wander away from their volcanoes.