The fluff monster lives!

Started by James StarRunner, May 01, 2012, 06:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James StarRunner

Yep, I brought my fuzzy tail back! I have to represent the small angel population here somehow! It's just been one malady after the other though with the Crohn's flare ups, netless, jobless, pennyless, computerless, nearly not having a place to move into because a guy backed out on us after we gave our notice... It's not like I want to stay away from the forums. I think some people got the impression that I'm aloof and unreachable... That's not how I want it to be.

As things stand now, we have one faulty computer with power supply issues that can only be used for short periods at a time and my new android (which is actually what I'm using now). I do have a job, trying to transfer and get full time now. We did end up finding a place to move into that's more suited to our budget and has pimping internet included (still unpacking though). My health issues have mostly settled down. And we're horribly in dept and can't get to AC anytime soon, but we are climbing back up rather than falling.

I'm likely not known well by the newer folks, but don't be a stranger! And I hope that the older folks haven't forgot me (waits for the 'who are you?' comments).

littlekreen

Nice to meet you. I'm new here so don't know who you are, heh. sorry to hear about the medical problems, I'd help with the computer ones as I have spare parts but I'm quite sure a new power supply would be cheaper just to buy for anything midrange and under than to ship there from much of anywhere.  :mwaha

James StarRunner

Quote from: littlekreen on May 01, 2012, 06:38:46 PM
Nice to meet you. I'm new here so don't know who you are, heh. sorry to hear about the medical problems, I'd help with the computer ones as I have spare parts but I'm quite sure a new power supply would be cheaper just to buy for anything midrange and under than to ship there from much of anywhere.  :mwaha
Thanks. We looked into parts, but so many things are getting worn out and checking the customer satisfaction reports, even the replacement parts for our particular model are shoddy at best. And being a laptop it really limits what you can get.

As for myself, you'll likely see some art, writing, and voice acting (I play as Dan in the radio project). Maybe some Dan cosplay again if I can get a new robe made.

Qilby

Welcome back, Starrunner. Glad to see you roll with the punches so well.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

James StarRunner

Quote from: Qilby on May 01, 2012, 07:30:54 PM
Welcome back, Starrunner. Glad to see you roll with the punches so well.
I try at least. Sometimes it takes a little longer when you lose pieces of yourself. :B

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 01, 2012, 08:01:01 PM
Good to have you back!
Now let's hope I stay this time! With a working smartphone now, I have less of an excuse to be away.

Gabi

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear about all the bad things you've had to go through, but I'm glad things are starting to look better and I hope they keep improving. It's great to see you again. :hug
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

James StarRunner

Quote from: Gabi on May 01, 2012, 08:11:59 PM
Ouch! I'm sorry to hear about all the bad things you've had to go through, but I'm glad things are starting to look better and I hope they keep improving. It's great to see you again. :hug
Thanks Gabi!  :hug

Mao

Well I, of course, have no sweet clue who you are.

joshofspam

Well it's good to have you back.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

techmaster-glitch

Ohey, James! Welcome back! Glad most of your troubles have been worked out!  :mowhappy

James StarRunner

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 01, 2012, 09:22:40 PM
Well, you just fulfilled the quota, thanks!

Quote from: joshofspam on May 02, 2012, 01:59:07 AM
Well it's good to have you back.
Thanks Josh!

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 02, 2012, 02:53:09 AM
Ohey, James! Welcome back! Glad most of your troubles have been worked out!  :mowhappy
Well, some troubles anyways. :3.  Thanks Tech!

Ignuus66

Good to have you back!
( I trawled through the entire Art and the Entire DMFA thread so I have a general idea of who's who)

(credit: Gabi)

Mao

Quote from: James StarRunner on May 02, 2012, 03:32:28 AM

It felt wrong not having a single mod in here denying any knowledge of your existence.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 02, 2012, 07:29:45 AM
It felt wrong not having a single mod in here denying any knowledge of your existence.

There's a quota?

... and isn't that the Secretary's job?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

James StarRunner

Quote from: Ignuus66 on May 02, 2012, 03:39:50 AM
Good to have you back!
( I trawled through the entire Art and the Entire DMFA thread so I have a general idea of who's who)
That must have taken awhile, but you must have seen my old art bin then. Perhaps even glanced across my writing. I know you've heard the voice-acting... I remember you commenting in the radio project. I hoped you liked the acting at least.

Yeah, I agree. Something would have been definately wrong otherwise!

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 02, 2012, 12:49:01 PM

There's a quota?

Yep, but now it's been fulfilled. There's not secretaries in the forum though, so I had to rely on a mod.

littlekreen

Quote from: James StarRunner on May 02, 2012, 01:13:26 PM
Yeah, I agree. Something would have been definately wrong otherwise!

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 02, 2012, 12:49:01 PM

There's a quota?

Yep, but now it's been fulfilled. There's not secretaries in the forum though, so I had to rely on a mod.
So clearly there's a need to find secretaries that can support deep nesting! Find a nice ginger they have no soul to quibble ethics about frivolous modhammering.  :eager

Mao

Quote from: littlekreen on May 02, 2012, 02:48:24 PM
--snip--
So clearly there's a need to find secretaries that can support deep nesting! Find a nice ginger they have no soul to quibble ethics about frivolous modhammering.  :eager

I don't know why, but for some reason your post reads as 'Hey, you should hit me with a modhammer!'

It's the strangest thing...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ooo! Can I? Please? Pretty please?

Pretty please with sugar and icing and hotcakes on top?

littlekreen

See? If you had a secretary Jame's existence would be denied already and you'd know whose turn it was.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I know whose turn it is anyway, though. And his existence has been denied, we're just arguing over who gets to take out the next annoyance. ;-]

Zen

Wait a sec, Are you the guy from "Cubi Mind-Abilities"? The one who memorized a few pages of a lawbook? Or you are just a very similar blond... blue..... thing?

Anyway welcome back!

James StarRunner

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 02, 2012, 08:03:33 PM
I know whose turn it is anyway, though. And his existence has been denied, we're just arguing over who gets to take out the next annoyance. ;-]
Well, Darkmoon did it the last few times before Mao did the combo breaker, I think you're up next box. :B

Quote from: Zen on May 02, 2012, 08:15:05 PM
Wait a sec, Are you the guy from "Cubi Mind-Abilities"? The one who memorized a few pages of a lawbook? Or you are just a very similar blond... blue..... thing?

Anyway welcome back!
Yes, that's me! James StarRunner, bounty hunter for hire, maker of peanut butter sandwiches, winner of best heroic voice voice four years running, and I'm here to save this forum from insanity! ...Though I think I arrived too late for that.

But lawbook memorization and recital is a well documented means of disabling most cubi prey. It's also great for making door to door salesman nervous and consequently flee in panic!

And by 'blond... blue... thing', I assume you mean the blond, blue furred angel squirrel with a being patch as a glove with a massive arsenal of weapons at his fingertips, inventor of the patent pending acorn grenade, master of disguise, expert of manipulation, voice (and sometimes cosplayer) of Daniel Ti'Fiona, and the guy who doesn't care that this is a run on sentence? ...Ya, that's me. :B

Ignuus66

Edit: Removed due to appearing like an insult. I'm sorry.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Ignuus66 on May 03, 2012, 03:18:45 AM
Not to mention braggart.  :U Also keep in mind that you are now a major source of insanity in this forum. Also it isn't the best way to disable 'cubi prey... the best way is too Chop their wings and limbs off  :mwaha (I'm joking)

Also I need to start rp-ing sometime.... I think i'm going to be the only being (other than Aisha)

Fun fact: boxes are the most dangerous things in the world!
You know you don't know me at all, right? Also, even if it's in jest, do you have to put down everything I'm part of? You didn't like the radio project, you insult my wife, and you have to seem like you know better than me. Remind me not to RP with you.

Ignuus66

Quote from: James StarRunner on May 03, 2012, 04:14:16 AM
Quote from: Ignuus66 on May 03, 2012, 03:18:45 AM
Not to mention braggart.  :U Also keep in mind that you are now a major source of insanity in this forum. Also it isn't the best way to disable 'cubi prey... the best way is too Chop their wings and limbs off  :mwaha (I'm joking)

Also I need to start rp-ing sometime.... I think i'm going to be the only being (other than Aisha)

Fun fact: boxes are the most dangerous things in the world!
You know you don't know me at all, right? Also, even if it's in jest, do you have to put down everything I'm part of? You didn't like the radio project, you insult my wife, and you have to seem like you know better than me. Remind me not to RP with you.
... I'm sorry, none of those were meant as insults, I enjoy your art, I'm truly sorry. I really enjoyed your writing, and the above was just a jest...
(Your writing is amazing, of all the other writings I actually enjoyed your's the most)
I'll try to be more careful about my jests, in hindsight they  do look like insults.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Ignuus66 on May 03, 2012, 05:22:18 AM
... I'm sorry, none of those were meant as insults, I enjoy your art, I'm truly sorry. I really enjoyed your writing, and the above was just a jest...
(Your writing is amazing, of all the other writings I actually enjoyed your's the most)
I'll try to be more careful about my jests, in hindsight they  do look like insults.
Well, I'm glad we sorted things through behind the scenes. You do seem really sincere and I jumped pretty quickly on you. *Hugs*

What's this with you reading my story? I know you said you went through the art section, I didn't think you had read everything though. I have to ask though... What was your favorite part?

Sofox

Quote from: Zen on May 02, 2012, 08:15:05 PM

...and whoever had May 3rd 02:15:05 AM (or timezone equivalent)...

Seriously though, welcome back James. It's great to hear you've got through a lot of the stuff that was against you, I wish you the best of luck in the future!

Ignuus66

Quote from: James StarRunner on May 03, 2012, 07:07:04 AM
Quote from: Ignuus66 on May 03, 2012, 05:22:18 AM
I'll try to be more careful about my jests, in hindsight they  do look like insults.
Well, I'm glad we sorted things through behind the scenes. You do seem really sincere and I jumped pretty quickly on you. *Hugs*

What's this with you reading my story? I know you said you went through the art section, I didn't think you had read everything though. I have to ask though... What was your favorite part?
*hugs back*
first part of Chapter 4 : Don't underestimate pissed off ladies!  (I went through every thread that interested me, I passed a couple of threads, but I read/tried to read all of the stories. )

James StarRunner

Quote from: Sofox on May 03, 2012, 09:05:43 AMSeriously though, welcome back James. It's great to hear you've got through a lot of the stuff that was against you, I wish you the best of luck in the future!
Thanks Sofox! Still a long way to go, but I'll do my best. "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never going to keep me down!"

Ok, that's enough for one hit wonders, but it seemed appropriate. :B

Quote from: Ignuus66 on May 03, 2012, 09:25:35 AM
Quote from: James StarRunner on May 03, 2012, 07:07:04 AM
*hugs back*
first part of Chapter 4 : Don't underestimate pissed off ladies!  (I went through every thread that interested me, I passed a couple of threads, but I read/tried to read all of the stories. )
Yeah, don't tick off Grace. Though she was a sister, she's no nun. Many of the priests and priestesses of Bluemoon were battle clerics. Even though she was a battle cleric though, you don't mess with a woman scorned.