Flight of Fancy (OOC/Interest Thread--OPEN!)

Started by Aisha deCabre, January 06, 2012, 12:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

The Flame of Freedom is the most exclusive travel option in Furrae. A mammoth dirigible boasting a gondola with 4 decks and the capacity to transport over a hundred passengers and crew in luxury comfort, soaring across the skies to the wonder of viewers below. Passengers can enjoy the finest champagne as they play exciting games of chance in the Hall of Games, where an internal magic damper ensures that divinations aren't predicting the next spin of the roulette wheel or a rogue 'cubi isn't peeking into minds to see poker hands. While some of the time the crew may seem distracted and aloof, it's only because they're working their hardest to ensure their passengers have the most enjoyable ride of their lives.

Unknown to all but a few, the Flame of Freedom is also the cover for a massive slaving and smuggling operation, the ringleaders secure in their belief that the divination defeating damper prevents snooping and that such a prestigious line won't be investigated very closely. The rich and bored that make up their usual clientele aren't the sort who would go mucking about in the bellows and bowels of the zeppelin, and as there are far more people wishing a ride than the ship can afford to take, it allows the captain some latitude in discouraging over-inquisitive guests.

The trip between the cities of Thenvar and Uelgiya was supposed to be a regular, twelve day aircruise, but when the hydrogen keeping the craft aloft isn't the most volatile thing on board, disaster can strike at any time.......

With that intro out of the way, Flight of Fancy is going to be a fairly open and freeform RP. The setting is general Furrae: general world rules and races.  It is distinct from the DMFA comics, however, so there will not be any cameos of in comic-characters, and references to them is discouraged.

It will be co-GMed by myself, Corgatha Taldorthar, and Mel Dragonkitty. We are allowing multiple characters per player, but all characters must be independent; you must be able to play them separately. If you have side characters who are merely there to support the will of a main character, we will tone you down.

General RP rules apply as always: don't be godmoders, powerplayers, or general jerks to everybody.  This is to be fun for everyone, so please help make it that way, and respect the will of the GM and the limitations imposed on you in-game.

Please pm a character biography to one of the GMs; don't post any in this thread until we've given you the okay. We all have a hand in reviewing a biography, but we are capable of sharing them among ourselves. A character biography should include:

Name
Race
History
Possessions

If you have multiple characters, individual biographies must be sent for the each character in order to be accepted. At the start of the RP, a character will most likely be a passenger on the ship, an ancillary function in the ship's crew, or a slave awaiting transport. A character "in on the secret" will not be allowed; if you're part of the crew, you are ignorant to the existence of the slaves. As the RP develops further, additional possibilities will be opened for character entry.

We are not currently imposing a player limit, although we reserve the right to do so.  Any questions toward anything else can be asked here or in PMs to us.

Shall you come aboard?

Some basic demographic info here written by Corgatha
Short description of the ship's insides

Approved character sheets:

Boogeyman
Basilisk
Inumo
SquirrelWizard
Aisha deCabre
Black_Angel
justacritic
Kafzeil
Tapewolf
Paladin Sheppard
VAE
Tipod
Mel Dragonkitty
Sunblink
Tezkat
Kirrin_Shadowclaw
James StarRunner
Shax
FelixGrey_Incubi
techmaster-glitch
Yugo
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

techmaster-glitch

Hmm. I must admit, I am intrigued. Though, it's a little vague what exactly the genre/style of this RP will be, what will the focus be, what will the players be doing. I do kinda get the feeling you want to keep those details close to the chest for now, but it does make it a little difficult to figure out what kind of characters should be brought in, if we don't know if this is going to be an action RP, a mystery RP, what have you.

Gabi

I was invited to play Gabi despite my tendency to drop out of RPs when I get too busy. However, I'm not sure what she could be doing on the ship. She's a healer/occasional adventurer who doesn't usually travel alone and cruises don't really appeal to her. Unless the cruise needed a healer and they hired her, I suppose.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Angel

I WANT IN. Been SO LONG since a roleplay has caught my interest, much less invited me into it. :3 Got a good character to use too, just gotta rework his bio so it fits in the DMFA universe.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

SquirrelWizard

I'd be interested, when do you want us to send you the bios?
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Kafzeil

Count me in, I have a pair of characters I'd love to take for a test drive myself.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Paladin Sheppard

Lisky

I'll send in a pair of char-sheets as soon as i finish this OSaS post... which should be up in a few hours :B 

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

justacritic

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 06, 2012, 03:15:10 PM
Hmm. I must admit, I am intrigued. Though, it's a little vague what exactly the genre/style of this RP will be, what will the focus be, what will the players be doing. I do kinda get the feeling you want to keep those details close to the chest for now, but it does make it a little difficult to figure out what kind of characters should be brought in, if we don't know if this is going to be an action RP, a mystery RP, what have you.

It's going to be a fairly lighthearted action/adventure RP, with a few darker undercurrents. As for what the focus will be, I can't say much without giving spoilers, but you'll be spending a decent amount of time not doing much more than trying to stay alive.

Quote from: Gabi on January 06, 2012, 03:29:10 PM
I was invited to play Gabi despite my tendency to drop out of RPs when I get too busy. However, I'm not sure what she could be doing on the ship. She's a healer/occasional adventurer who doesn't usually travel alone and cruises don't really appeal to her. Unless the cruise needed a healer and they hired her, I suppose.

I don't mean to write your character bio for you, but something where the ship needed a temporary doctor and hired Gabi on for the cost of a trip could easily be arranged and plausible. Maybe an otherwise unimportant NPC character with a medical condition or the like.

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on January 06, 2012, 05:54:42 PM
I'd be interested, when do you want us to send you the bios?

We were tentatively planning on starting in a week, so enough time for the three of us to review them before then.

Quote from: justacritic on January 06, 2012, 08:27:15 PM
I would like to join if you please

Come on in, we'd love the players :)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

justacritic

Oops sent you my char bios Corgatha Taldorthar but I didn't put a title to the PM, sorry  :erk

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: justacritic on January 06, 2012, 09:40:55 PM
Oops sent you my char bios Corgatha Taldorthar but I didn't put a title to the PM, sorry  :erk

It's fine, it's fine. Replied.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Gabi on January 06, 2012, 03:29:10 PM

If you want, Gab, another possibility along with Corg's idea is that Gabi may have just won the cruise in a contest or given as an award or some such. x3  It is a luxury thing after all, so if it doesn't seem that one's character wouldn't seem to have a reason to be on a posh cruise, that's one option.  It's encouraged to be creative, really, and I know we can all do that. :3

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on January 06, 2012, 07:05:09 PM
I'm in but you knew that :3

Just remember to send the bios, Pal. :3

Ah; Boog, you're accepted, so you may post your bio up here at any time for reference's sake.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Boog

Name- Jeremiah Ac'Gregor
Race- Being
Age- Late twenties, early thirties or so
Species- Poisonous tree frog
History-
Mr. Ac'Gregor used to be an art teacher. Reasonably well-liked at the school he worked at, widely regarded as eccentric in mostly harmless, teacherly ways. In case one can't tell, due to the laws of narrative, something HORRIBLE happened to him. A demon girl came to school with something to prove and destructive spells in each hand and went on a rampage. There were over 30 casualties. and five survivors still went through the rest of their lives afflicted by terrible curses, further instance of the girl experimenting with the arcane power she'd stumbled upon.
Jeremiah is REASONABLY certain that he makes the sixth. Whatever he has the doctors who evacuated him didn't catch it, couldn't dispel it, but since then he's come slightly... Unhinged. Six voices speak into his head. Nex. Bal. Plic. In. Cab. And some constantly laughing thing. At times he would blank out, wake up in strange parts of town or different cities altogether. These voices were after something, but didn't appear to be all on the same page. He could play them off each other, let them prevent one another from gaining too much power...
Jeremiah still comes off as generally harmless and charming. While his transports necessitate a generally mobile lifestyle, he tries to play his habits off as those of a vagabond rather than a vagrant. With only his wits and a small degree of illusion magic to get him through trouble, plus the occassional intervention by aforementioned voices, he's searching for a cure to his conditions... If one exists.
Presently, he's employed as a dealer aboard the Flame of Freedom. Good money, room and board, easy travel, and a good place to meet persons of high arcane connections. Assuming his condition is arcane at all.
Possessions-
Presently, Jeremiah carries on his person:
-one lighter
-a small sketchbook and drawing supplies
-a novel recommended to him by a friend
-one blackjack (a small, concealable club), ostensibly to deal with sore losers at the card table (the establishment's policy, not his. He's generally too cowardly to use it)
-Three knives, that he does not know have been sewn into the lining of his favorite jacket. The voices move in mysterious ways.
-One poor quality cell phone
-A pack of gum

The aforementioned voices could also count as a "possession" albeit in more of a bad pun sort of way; on occassion they will take control of Jeremiah to pursue their own goals, usually counter to his own. The personalities are as follows.

In- Grossly stupid, capable of strength-augmenting magic.
Nex- Cold and self-motivated, capable of shielding magic.
Plic- Childlike and kleptomaniacal, capable of minor telekinesis.
Cab- Manipulative and observant, capable of minor hypnosis.
Bal- Angry and egotistical, highly skilled in close combat, capable of a life-draining, touch based spell. Is the one who sewed aforementioned knives into Jeremiah's coat, and is thus the only one who knows they're there.
"Laughing thing"- Rather than take direct control over Jeremiah, this one usually confuses and disorients him into doing what he wants. Is capable of "warping" Jeremiah and releasing a thick fog wherever he goes when it's acting through him.

The actual interference by these voices is rare, and generally decided by dice roll =D

techmaster-glitch

Question about the dirigible itself: is it entirely a mechanical contraption, just like a real-world one, is it powered and driven by magic and enchantments, or a combination of both?

Also, I'm curious about what their countermeasures are against Gryphon Cs. :.

(I think I'm gonna play an airship mechanic, need to know if he needs some magical skill)

Mel Dragonkitty

In answer to questions about what sort of characters we are looking for;  this rp is set in Furrae so we'd prefer to see Demo101 standard races. We also want to keep power levels at or below that of a mid-range angel or demon.

If you still want to submit your tri-wing or half Terminator/half Ringwraith character please be prepared to show us a VERY detailed character sheet. We will step outside our guidelines if you can show us why you won't overwhelm the game. Corg is training to be a lawyer so be prepared for cross-examination.  :erk
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 07, 2012, 12:01:25 PM
Question about the dirigible itself: is it entirely a mechanical contraption, just like a real-world one, is it powered and driven by magic and enchantments, or a combination of both?

Also, I'm curious about what their countermeasures are against Gryphon Cs. :.

(I think I'm gonna play an airship mechanic, need to know if he needs some magical skill)

Most of the internal mechanisms and the direction and lift of the craft are purely mechanical. Magic mostly is centered around bridge functions, (especially communication), and a few external things, defenses, escape pods, lightning protection, that kind of thing.

Aisha deCabre

Bas: You're approved, go ahead and post your bio. :3

Justacritic: You've probably been PMed about this, but your more powerful 'Cubi character needs to be toned down and limited, like Mel said.  We're not too keen on allowing 'Cubi in with clan leader-level powers and "unknown" ages, whether they're Tri-wings or not; nor should any player character be able to affect the outcome of random events in the RP itself.

Inumo: We'd like a little more detail on your character, like her exact abilities or skill sets, any kind of magic, stuff like that.  We don't mind if you wanted to make her unable to really fight, but we wanna make sure nobody's trying to hide any big revealing surprises or whatever. x3

Also, anyone who is interested in joining, if you could, please say you wish to join in this thread before sending us a bio.  It's a little easier to keep track that way.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Lisky

Name: Baseel Wolkshammer
Race: Demon
Species: German Shepherd
Height: 6'4" without horns, 7'4" with
Weight: 230 Lbs
Physical Description: Bas has been around for quite some time, and yet, none of his age comes through in his appearance.  Tall, and thin, yet well muscled, one would find him to be the poster child of the demon race, at least in appearance.  He Looks to be in his mid 20's by being standards.

Across his back, starting at the top of his head, and running all the way down his back is a near jet black fur across his front is a silver tinged with a hint of brown, running across his face, down his throat and down his body, and ending in pure silver extremities.  He has full black patches around his eyes, giving him an almost raccoon mask coloring. His muzzle is also mostly black, with brown around the corners of his mouth, and a silver ring right as his snout begins to broaden.  A black diamond shape sits at the center of his head and goes from between his eyebrows to the crown of his head.  Half the diamond is hidden by Bas's hair.

His cephalic hair is a reddish blond, and is worn in long cables, tied together with silver rings.  In combat, they seem to flail about as if snakes on a Medusa's head.  At the ends of the cables, various religious icons are tied.  If you ask Bas about them, he'll tell you quite bluntly that they're trinkets of the souls of those whom have wronged him to the point of deserving a fate worse than death.

Bas sports a rather impressive pair of horns that sprout just behind his eyes, they curve up and around, facing slightly forward at the tips.

His wings match his fur patterns quite nicely, dark at the top, moving to brown about the shoulders, then silver at center mass down. though the bottom wings are rimmed in black as well.  His wingspan is 18 feet at maximum, and given his musculature, he is capable of flight.

The Wolkshammer family is a bit of mystery, wrapped in a puzzle, encased  in an enigma. What is known is that they're very firm believers in keeping the demon lineage pure, and they also seem to breed some of the most clever and racial stereotype-defying members of the demon families.  Bas fits this mold quite nicely.  He doesn't actively engage in random violence, and doesn't believe wholesale slaughter is the end all be all of amusement of the more powerful.  That isn't to say he isn't brutal when he fights, nor does he avoid combat.  He merely doesn't pray on the innocent, instead his mere presence usually stirs up a couple of adventurers  stupid enough to try and 'slay a horrible creature'.

He's the 3rd son of Duke Leofric Wolkshammer, his 2 older brothers are Chimare and Ragnar, he gets along with the as most young siblings do, they bicker constantly, and yet still love each other.  As the 3rd in line for the dukedom, Bas never had to worry about trying to build family alliances,, and his father was much more relaxed about what the demon got himself into, and who he was interested in, though Leo did 'gently nudge' young Bas towards demonesses.

His placement on the airship was his mother's doing... an attempt to get him to settle down with Aleyna

Possessions: For clothing he usually wears a dark, forest green sleeveless tunic with silver chords for trim as well as silver bands at the shoulders.  He wears matching pants, as well as golden bracelets with runic inscriptions.   Beyond clothing, Baseel brought along his enchanted shield and axe, as well as a number of smaller blades.

*******************************************************************************************************

Name: Aleyna Kresedia
Race: Demon
Species: Kit Fox
Description: 5'10" with a 15' wingspan

Slender build, with a very well maintained image, Aleyna appears more like a high-class socialite than a demon-warrior.  Her bright orange, cream, red and navy color scheme makes her easy to spot, and her usual choice of clothing tends towards form-fitting and utilitarian.

History: 2nd Daughter of Mikital  and Aleshka Kresedia, Aleyna was raised by her rather classical-thinking demon parents on the ways of might makes right.  She learned to defend herself, how to perform magic, and furthermore learned how to excel at combining the two.  She had a particular knack for fire magic.  She's spent over a century at an arcane university, and has learned well how to use her fire-magic for many a different tricks.  She knows many basic spells, her focus is definitively in the areas of fire-making and manipulation.

She is the daughter of a count and countess, and although they have given her free will, there's an expectation of her "doing the right things" and settling down with another wealthy family's offspring.  She and Baseel had seen each other but never truly settled down.  Their parents paid for them to meet back up on this trip to try and solidify something between the families.

Possessions: Cocktail dresses, party wear, along with her chain-mail armor.  She is carrying several books, along with a small armory, consisting of several spears, a pair of sabers, and a smaller rectangular shield.

Note that while the pair is supposed to be "together" they're 2 very distinct and separate characters who've basically been shoved on this cruise as a "romantic getaway" via their parents

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Inumo

My bad, was planning on posting interest and forgot. Here's me officially announcing my interest, I guess? I'll shoot you a PM with the details you need shortly.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Inumo on January 07, 2012, 03:21:45 PM
My bad, was planning on posting interest and forgot. Here's me officially announcing my interest, I guess? I'll shoot you a PM with the details you need shortly.

Awesome.  Alright, got the details. :3 If you just add those to her character sheet when you post it, then you're accepted.  Welcome aboard. :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Corgatha Taldorthar

SquirrelWizard, your character is approved. Post up the bio whenever you have a minute.

SquirrelWizard

Name Evan Merrick
Race: Being
Species Squirrel
Height: 6"0'
Weight: 185 lb

History:
When the world is in trouble, and all hope is in danger of succumbing to the darkness of evil. There will be one who will step up. He will be a man unparalleled in all arenas. Men will envy him, women will love him, and his enemies will cower in fear. Through his words and deeds he will bring forth the dawn of a new era of peace and prosperity.

Evan is not this man.

Orphaned at an early age due to unfortunate circumstances, he was taken in by the Merrick Institute for Lost Souls. It was there he grew up among children of many of the other races.

It would be easy and to say that he was a special snowflake and didn't make any friends, but that story would have ended with a dragon stepping on him. Altogether being unsatisfying.

Instead, Evan managed to fit in with with his new brothers and sisters, fighting and playing as siblings are wont to do. Early in his schooling, Evan was tested and found that he had a strong potential for magic. As he began his classes he found himself struggling, much to the confusion of his teachers, with even the most basic spells, that is until he started into transmutation. When it came to turning one thing into another, he was a pure genius.

In other stories, Evan would have been ushered to one side and put into special classes at the behest of a shadowy organization. An organization which would seek to exploit his prowess when he came to age. His new found gift, coupled with the special treatment would cause Evan to become a complete douchebag.

This didn't happen. The paperwork to the shadowy organization got lost in transit.

Having never been adopted, Evan was released from the orphanage upon reaching the age of 18. Alone, and without much in the way of direction. Evan tried to find out who his real parents were, but as his leads dried up he found himself aimlessly wandering.

He found a sword, learned how to use it, found a better sword, lost said sword, had a... strange... run-in with a dragoness, managed to get away using a combination of dumb luck and magic while stealing a pretty decent blade.

Having gained a taste for adventure, Evan began wandering from town to town, taking in the world and doing odd jobs on the side.

Evan woke up one day in a strange room, surrounded by his belongings and with a letter taped to his chest. The letter detailed that he would be boarding the Flame of Freedom using the ticket attached, and he would be contacted on board. When and by who wasn't given, but the letter also went into explicit detail as to what would happen if he didn't make the flight. Given the people had went to the trouble to move him many miles from the place he went to sleep these weren't people you disappointed, at least not without a plan and a good pair of running shoes.

Possessions
Razor, a short sword ensorcelled with an absurdly keen edge.
A pocket knife.
box of matches
Decent looking clothing.
Tail Grooming kit
bag full of baubles

Abilities

Evan's strength in magic lies in transmutation spells. These magics allow him to enhance, reduce, alter, or change something. When he changes something its duration depends on two things. First, how much energy he puts into the spell, Second, how related the two forms are. Its easier to turn a rock into a pile of pebbles than it is to turn a coin into a glass. In a few situations, these spells can be made permanent, but Evan loathes to do that, as it takes quite a bit of power to do.

Evan has had to learn how to use his magic offensively, and defensively as well, and can alter another person's body to another form temporarily, typically by turning them into a living statue of an element, or by altering their physical characteristics.

For the most part Evan tries to combine his sword skills with magic, rarely relying on one or the other alone. He'd prefer to avoid fighting if reasonably possible.

Personality: Evan is pretty laid back when it comes to life, he's been quite a few bad scrapes but has become quite adept at turning bad situations to his favor. He doesn't hold any grudges against the creature races, though he isn't stupid about it. Given that any indication of who his parents were has dried up, Evan isn't very optimistic about developing any new insights. He tries to keep his tail as clean and fluffy as possible, claiming that he likes warm and fuzzy things, though it may have to do with something that occurred early in his adventuring career.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Inumo

Name: Xyrtia
Species: Blue Jay
History of Importance: Xyrtia was given the name Jane Wimbly when she was captured and put into the slave trading ring. Coming from a treetop tribe in the northern forests, the planking of the ship is both a friendly feeling and an unwanted reminder of the life stolen from her. Her parents had arranged a pleasant marriage within the tribe to a particularly polite cardinal, but on the day of their wedding, she had been kidnapped to make it seem like she'd gotten cold feet and run off. Now, she likely has been mourned and forgotten, and has no life to return to even if she could escape.
Possessions: Aside from the meager rags and collar denoting various market details given to her upon enslavement, she has a feather from her once-fiancee, given to her on the initiation of their courtship, tucked beneath her breast feathers.
Abilities: Xyrtia knows how to wield a rope dart and machete, both of which being used to hunt in her former tribe. In addition, she has learned some hand-to-hand combat skills from disputes with other slaves. She has no magical ability, however, and is illiterate outside of her tribe's unique language.

Aisha deCabre

Probably about time I put up the characters I'll be playing here, just 'cause I wrote 'em up earlier and all. :B

Name: Aisha deCabre, AKA "The Risen"

Species: Panther (black jaguar)

History: Aisha grew up in a land called the Shadowed Depths, a sheltered valley with a village called Soldeluna.  She lost her mother Mara to sickness when she was eight, and her older brother Ayan left to be a soldier when she was ten.  When she was twelve, her village was attacked by demons and burned to the ground, and her adventurer father Luc Cabre killed in the process.  She was found wounded and carried to the Shadowed Depths Monastery of Healing, where she was taught by the headmistress Rynkura Msh'taan to fight.  She began her life as an adventurer some years later and vowed not only to avenge her father's death at the hands of the Be'Laan demon clan, but also to find her older brother.

Aisha is secretive and prefers often to keep her information to herself; she would introduce herself to strangers by her adventurer nickname, "The Risen", until they're better trusted.  She is also stubborn, impatient, and quick to anger, but when one gets to know her, they will see that she also carries a snarky sense of humor and a fairly helpful and optimistic nature.  As a result of her past, she hates demons with a passion.

Aisha is a melanistic jaguar, with deep black fur and faint impressions of rosette spots where one can see them.  She wears her hair in a braid that grows to the middle of her back, and keeps a bunch of strands loose to frame her face.  Her hair is blacker than her fur with gray streaks around her ears.  Her eyes are dark red.  Aisha's default adventuring attire consists of a pair of dark navy pants and matching long-sleeved shirt, a black belt, gray hand-wraps, a tail ring that glows in the presence of dark magic and that also acts as a tracker, and a hooded cape with a collar that enchants the fabric to change colors when in need of camouflage or hiding her creed.  Her official profession in adventuring is a bounty hunter, specializing in stealth and swiftness in a fight, and attacks from long-range.

On the Flight of Freedom, Aisha is a passenger; the trip was paid for with generous help from Mistress Rynkura's funds.  She was pointed to the ship itself while on the search for her friend Jake, who had gone missing while on a trip of his own a while ago.

Possessions: Though not proficient in magic herself, Aisha keeps a variety of enchanted weapons while traveling: at the moment she has her father's bladed boomerang, charged with light magic and tuned to her own energy so that she can always call it back; a longsword called the Dragonblade that can resist magic; a pair of cuffs with hidden electric blades for stunning targets; and an extra dagger sheathed and hidden on the inside of her left calf.  Her hand-wraps are imbued with fire magic for an edge if she must fight hand-to-hand.  She also has a bag of money on hand and a pack of extra clothing, water, and medical supplies.  Most of these are all stored in her room most of the time she wanders the ship.

Name: Jakoba Talothir, AKA Jake

Race: Creature (Gryphon A)

Species: Gryphon

History: Jake has had quite a full and active life in the Shadowed Depths; born the oldest of three siblings to Reyna and Masor Talothir, members of a forest colony of gryphons, he lived near the Monastery of Healing and was sent there when he was five for schooling and training in the healing arts.  Once his mentor saw that he also had a prowess for swiftness and handling of a stave (he would often play "adventurer" in the courtyard on his breaks), he was given the choice to be trained as a guard of the Monastery, which he readily accepted.  He rose in the ranks until he was deemed the honorable title of Knight-Captain of the Guard; the Knight title being given as an honorary in part from the headmistress's authority as a child of nobles.  He serves that title in full to this day, though sometimes he will accompany some of the Healers on adventuring forays or Aisha herself on her own excursions.  He looked up to the adventurer Luc Cabre and befriended Aisha's brother Ayan in his youth, and thus became an older brother figure himself to her.

Jake is honorable, devoted to his duties, and can also be imposing; but he also has a rather goofy sense of humor and loves to try and keep things amicable and light-hearted in times of pain and suffering.  He also plays up his Knight title sometimes in a show of charm and chivalry.  Since he sees Aisha as a little sister, he's sometimes overprotective of her, much to her annoyance.  He is also helpful and tries to offer as much assistance as possible when there's trouble; he is even often the first one to jump into the front line of battle.  Despite his formidable skill, he also seems to have a streak of bad luck attached to him; sometimes he is clumsy enough to get himself hurt, and can't often know when trouble would be too much for him to handle.  He is proficient enough in armed combat and rarely uses magic, although he has fair-level healing powers and a good knowledge of medicinal alchemy as well as basic fire and ice spells for defense and offense.

The entirety of Jake's body (except for his beak and talon-hands from the forearm down, which are orange-ish) is silvery-black, including his feathered wings, but his front side from the tip of his neck ruff all the way down is bluish-white.  His eyes are bright gold, and he lacks cephalic hair.  He is tall and athletic in build, but thin with a bit of lankiness to his posture when he's relaxing.  Short black feathers also line the side of his leonine tail from the base.  His usual attire consists of a white tunic and trousers with a light-blue trim on both, the colors of the healing discipline of the Monastery, and silvery armor plates for his shoulders, elbows, kneecaps, and chest.

At the moment though, he's just wearing simple brown sack-cloth pants, wrist irons enchanted to dampen his magic, and an iron collar.  He was overwhelmed and captured by slavers while trying to put a stop to their actions in a village on his trip, and is now traveling on the Flight of Freedom as a potential slave, awaiting rescue.  He doesn't know yet that Aisha is tracking him down.

Possessions: At the moment he just has the prison clothes.  His regular tunic, armor, and possessions (including his chosen weapon, a pole-axe), however, are stowed somewhere on the ship out of his reach with any other possessions that were taken from the slaves upon entry.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

Also, double-posting so it gets noticed outside my previous wall of text; you've been approved, justacritic, just put in the info on your 'Cubi clan's true emotional affinity when putting up the bio; and Angel, unless I'm missing something that was said by Mel and Corg, you oughta be approved too. :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Angel

WOOHOO!  :U

--------

Name: Kenyan Phantasmin (alternate name: "Sitisi", a rodent-dialect word meaning "found")
Age: Doesn't remember. Looks to be in his mid-to-late twenties.
Species: Lion/lynx hybrid

History: Though he barely remembers it, Kenyan is a member of the Phantasmin pride of lions, otherwise called 'the Ghost Pride'. The pride is distinguished from others by their nomadic lifestyle and distinctive appearance. It is often said among the lions that when you see a will-o-the-wisp in the forest, it's really members of the Phantasmin pride running by, their manes shining in the moonlight.

Kenyan was accidentally left behind by the pride at a young age, in a forest called the Wayfarer's Woods. His cries for help were heard by the animals of the forest, who took pity on the young Being and allowed him to stay with them. Though deer and coyotes seemed to gravitate to him as fellow pack animals, he connected best with the mice, rats and wild rabbits. Even Kenyan himself isn't sure how long he's lived there, but for a long time he was happy and lived peacefully with most of the denizens of the Woods.

It should be noted that Kenyan is not the only Being in the forest, nor is he the most dangerous. All of the locals and the wild animals know that there is a Being in the forest who is insane and bloodthirsty. Having met this Being personally, Kenyan lets the locals think he's the crazy one for their own safety. It is also through strictly limited contact with this other man that Kenyan has remembered his real name and retained a very basic knowledge of the English language since childhood. Kenyan serves as a sort of guardian to the Wayfarer's Woods, keeping it free from loggers and any unwitting locals who try to enter.

Unfortunately, it was his protectiveness of the forest that got Kenyan captured and sold into slavery. When a group of slave traders entered the woods, Kenyan rattled through the trees and told them in various animal dialects to leave before they were killed. Rather than running from the young man they found chattering and growling at them, the traders simply chased and caught him. They had been hunting him on purpose, knowing that he wouldn't be missed by any other Beings. He is currently on the Flame of Freedom, chained below deck and quietly befriending the rats that swarm the slaves' quarters.

Physical Description: Like all the lions in the Phantasmin pride, Kenyan has dark brown fur, a light flame-colored mane and tail tuft, and orange-yellow eyes. He has tufted triangular ears that speak to his lynx heritage, and he keeps his claws long. His mane is unkempt and shaggy, but his fur is surprisingly clean due to his life among animals like rats, which regularly groom themselves. He is about 5'11', and appallingly thin by leonine standards, but due to his active lifestyle, he's strong and fast. He can run as easily on four legs as he can on two, and needs very little sleep. He doesn't eat much meat except for bugs, fish and whatever he can scavenge, and survives mostly on fruit and vegetation.

Personality: With animals, Kenyan is kind, friendly and gentle. Around Beings, he's quiet and distrustful. He's not likely to open up to most people, especially not when treated like an animal or a lesser creature. Although he can speak a little English, he is completely fluent in the languages of at least twelve species of animal, rodent dialects especially. When he does speak English, it is very structured, if a little simplistic. He has a sharp tongue and speaks with an accent – short, quick vowels, as well as a tendency to put more focus on sibilant and plosive consonants. Kenyan is a pacifist who only fights when there is no other way to escape. When he does fight, he is a remarkably quick thinker who does everything he can to end the fight quickly and with no bloodshed, and isn't afraid to fight dirty to do so.

Possessions: All Kenyan possesses are the clothes on his back:
-a worn-out, checkered shirt he found near a house in the woods
-a white undershirt
-a pair of worn jean shorts

A collar has been added to this meager display by the slave traders, as well as manacles and chains on his wrists and neck to keep him from attacking.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

VAE

This sounds like fun.
I'll try to hammer out a charsheet when my neck doesn't feel like there's a nail being driven into my skull through it.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tipod

Chances are pretty flaky that I'd get into this (and if you reject me on the fact that I tend to have lots of interruptions in my schedule then I can't say I'd blame you), but this line here I'm curious about.

QuoteWe are allowing multiple characters per player, but all characters must be independent

I get that it means both characters would have to have their own dialogue/motivations/actions/backstory, but does that also mean they couldn't be played alongside each other, like a rich man and his assistant or a brother and sister?
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Mel Dragonkitty

The two characters can be traveling together such as the siblings in your example. But one character can't be under the control of the other, such as the employer/employee. Basically its the "No one gets a minion" rule. (Having two brothers myself I'm assuming that the siblings will do the opposite of whatever the other asks.  :rolleyes)
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.