Flight of Fancy (OOC/Interest Thread--OPEN!)

Started by Aisha deCabre, January 06, 2012, 12:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Angel

I know I'm one of them. I'll post tomorrow.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

FelixGrey_Incubi

I think I MIGHT be one as well...not too sure but I think I'll have to step out of this one. Too many things going on at my end to properly go along with this. Sorry if its trouble.

Inumo

I'm due to post soon too. New semester started recently and classwork has been high.

justacritic

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on February 12, 2014, 10:41:43 PM
So what now?

Well, I guess your character can always react to the fact that he's about to be arrested, and whether the fact that he's openly cubi is likely to put him in danger.
I think Shax and I have gone about as far as we can with that for our own characters, though.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

I'm honestly not sure which way things are gonna go with my side in this RP. Just gotta wait though
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

Lisky

Whelp, i've finally found myself with some free time, and the ability to write a bit again... thinking i'd like to start things up once i finish reading the past 7 pages of what i've missed :B

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Inumo

Ugh, finally got a post out. Two lab courses in the same semester was a terrible idea. Wish I could have made it longer considering the time span, but...

P.S. Tapewolf/Shax, to save you some digging, Xyrtia is a filthy-looking bluejay with clipped pinfeathers and sackcloth rags for clothes; there's also a collar around her neck with a brass tag on it (declaring "Jane Wymbly", along with some information that looks a mix between what a pet for sale would have and what you'd find on a resume for hard labor; might be more info than can be seen at a glance). She reeks of sweat, dirt, and a bit of vomit.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Inumo on February 19, 2014, 11:58:29 PM
P.S. Tapewolf/Shax, to save you some digging, Xyrtia is a filthy-looking bluejay with clipped pinfeathers and sackcloth rags for clothes; there's also a collar around her neck with a brass tag on it (declaring "Jane Wymbly", along with some information that looks a mix between what a pet for sale would have and what you'd find on a resume for hard labor; might be more info than can be seen at a glance). She reeks of sweat, dirt, and a bit of vomit.

Is she still in their presence or has she already run off?

Inumo

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 20, 2014, 04:12:29 AM
Quote from: Inumo on February 19, 2014, 11:58:29 PM

Is she still in their presence or has she already run off?
Presumably, she's already run off, but we'll see if there happens to be something preventing her from escaping.

techmaster-glitch

Hmm. I can't tell who all has been referenced in Boogeyman's post, I've still not read far back enough to pick up every individual thread of events. Is anyone else globally familiar with the RP, and if so, could someone go down Boog's post and check off who's replied and who hasn't? :. Just an idea, I think that might be useful...

A Madman Person Guy

So, seeing as I can't sleep, and I need to stop being hesitant for the sake of my own cognitive harmony... Do you need someone else up in here?
A man should be cultured, erudite, and brutal. He should be decisive and incisive, polite and unforgetting. On the surface, he should be as hard and inflexible as water. And underneath, as soft and forgiving as a crowbar.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: A Madman Person Guy on February 21, 2014, 08:58:15 PM
So, seeing as I can't sleep, and I need to stop being hesitant for the sake of my own cognitive harmony... Do you need someone else up in here?

I do believe we're still docked and open.  :3 So if you wanna be in the RP, just read the first post of the OOC where the guidelines are to post a character sheet and then send it to Boog, Mel Dragonkitty, and/or myself.  If we deem you worthy (or at least not a vaguely overpowered player), you can then post the sheet up in here and appear in the IC whenever and wherever.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

A Madman Person Guy

Well, what I was worried about was the question of acceptance as a recent addition to the forum. Also, concerns about power playing shouldn't be a problem, although I had feared that it might be hard shoehorning someone in this late.

And, just a bit of constructive criticism from someone who's played and GM:d a lot; you people seem to be very qualitatively-minded in your posts, but you sort of go overboard with it at times, and can become a bit long-winded. This decreases the dynamism a lot, particularly since some people tend to feel that they need to up the ante with every new post.

We used to run by a "Not Rules More Like Guidelines" policy at another forum where we'd pretty much say that, with few exceptions, three paragraphs or less was a good length. Or, if that wasn't applicable, you should stop as soon as someone finishes a sentence, even if they're not addressing a player character. But then, we had a GM who was very, very much against the whole idea that "Talking Is A Free Action"...
A man should be cultured, erudite, and brutal. He should be decisive and incisive, polite and unforgetting. On the surface, he should be as hard and inflexible as water. And underneath, as soft and forgiving as a crowbar.

Aisha deCabre

Heh, about the criticism, probably so; but a good bunch of the players are writers, and we've had GMs that tended to be long-winded themselves, forcing us to both read carefully and post reactions that could belong in a novel. XD My longest one of all is still probably in the old Castle RP.

Regardless, it is a hard habit to break. x3  We don't have set rules for how long posts go, so long as they're readable.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

A Madman Person Guy

Voila. I give you not one but two characters; a nascent politician and her unlikely aide. Tell me what you think, and if you have any suggestions of changes that I need to make in order to make them fit in better, or to get them into the action faster.

Name: Lea Nazagor, née Biltewine
Race: Demon
Species: Wolf

Personality: Gregarious, forward and typically Demon-ish, but with a plethora of hidden sweet spots and wrinkles. While she has the typical personal conflicts of a child of a mixed origin, she solves them, along with the rest of most of her problems, through sheer force of personality or competence.

Appearance: Tall for a woman and powerful, somewhat chubby and widely built but very voluptuous. She has a beautiful if a bit strong-nosed face, and obvious muscle under the curves, particularly around the thighs and shoulders. A slightly darker than normal coloration, which comes together toward her back and terminates in an all-black crop of neck-length hair, typically worn expertly mussed around small and backward-jutting spiky horns. She tends to wear jackets and pants of darker colorations, and to go for short sleeves and low-cut necks to emphasize her combination of considerable muscles and chest. She has a hidden fondness for dresses, but avoids skirts like the plague.

History: The daughter of an adventurer mother and a Demon father, Lea is a latecomer to the Demon lifestyle, and an unwilling such. She was raised as a being, and thought of herself as a being without reservations for a very long time, even though her mother herself was a half-breed and was up-front about her heritage for as long as she can remember. And one would be correct in saying that she houses some resentment for the Demon race because of her childhood. Resentments that she's tried to overcome since, but which surround a core of morality that she doesn't intend to change, but rather wants to try and bring to other Demons. By force, if necessary.
   Growing up among beings, Lea actually ran with adventurers for a while, even though she wasn't quite accepted among most of them. She comes from a family that has a history of hunting other creatures, particularly vampires and cubi, and which can be credited with much of the effort to stamping out the former and diminishing the latter races. This earned her at least a minor foothold when it came to generating credibility among normal beings when it came to her efforts to face down other hostile entities. During this time, she also established herself as a skilled and successful tradeswoman, dealing particularly in processed goods and magical artifacts, not a few of which were the works of necromancers and demons she helped put down.
   In the last few decades though, things have taken a bit of a turn for Lea. After dying of some internecine strife with another Demon clan, suspected to have actually been planned by Cubi, her father unexpectedly willed her the lion's share of his possessions. This included the title of Countess, as well as a number of important deeds crucial to his clan. Thrust into the power-play between Creatures, she's had to come to terms not simply with her own race but also with playing a key role to a family and network of contacts she barely used to know. All things considered, she's not doing a bad job of it, although she frequently complains that it's hardly "real" work most of the time.

Possessions: A traveling case, mostly containing clothes, and only a "small" assortment of hunting knives, as well as a number of patches for various identities hidden in what appears to be a little black notebook, and a hefty amount of jewelry and various currencies. She always keeps what appears to be a small wand of black wood on her person; this is actually a mace called "Beinknastr", inherited from her father, which can be willed to change its form with a light application of magic.

Skills: Only moderately skilled in general magic and magic theory, Lea is a practiced negotiator, merchant and all-around businesswoman, who mostly solves any problem by driving through it with force of will, or by a rare application of brains and personal skills. When push comes to shove though, she's a highly competent fighter and kinemancer, capable of absorbing and storing kinetic energy and using it quite creatively.

============

Name: Miles Patience
Race: Being
Age: 35 (claimed; definitely looks younger, definitely sounds older)
Species: Wolverine

Personality: Reserved, sort of stiff and formal, but not unfriendly. Miles isn't an introvert, just a product of a hard background, a slightly melancholic mind and too much of a sense of professionalism and altruism. He harbors a secret desire to become more extrovert, as well as more than one guilty pleasure.

Appearance: Medium height and weight with a well-toned build, with fur ranging between cream blond and blackish-brown, darkening along the extremities. Handsome in a general but not distinguished sort of way, he wears round spectacles to soften his angular features and typically tends toward neat and old-fashioned clothes such as suit pants, ties and vests, in a way that he thinks will accentuate his looks, but in fact mostly just makes him look that bit more stuffy.

History: Born to a single father, a butler to an estate somewhere in the north, Miles grew up with certain ideas of propriety and breeding, and of a clear separation between the factual truth and things not talked about in public. A former scholarship student and published author, Miles fancies himself a "traveling scholar", if only because the term "adventurer" would look bad in a resumé to some. His skills as a clark, tutor, manservant and general go-to have instead been his play when it comes to employment. But there are a few flaws to that picture, and in fact it's mostly just an attempt on his part to aspire to a more respectable image, and gloss over his past. Secretly, he's had to take a number of unsavory jobs to pay his way into further tuition, as well as sleaze and scrabble his way into contacts and advantages.
   Miles is rather reluctant to mention that his original education was in fact to that of a physician, and that this is a job which he has since lost his license for. Which is quite the feat, because evidently he is an absolute genius at it. While his magical strength could be called middling at best, there are few, if any, healers outside of SAIA or the Dragon clans who can match him when it comes to results. And on top of this, he's a nearly equally brilliant biologist and alchemist.
   Most recently, for his sins, Miles has ended up in the employ of some Demon clans. While for the most part he would try his damnedest to stay away from Creatures in general, few others pay as well or offer such opportunities, and he's found it necessary to relax his principles once again for the sake of his work.

Possessions: A large traveling case filled with clothes, as well as some books, a field medical kit with some flasks of common medicines and chemicals, syringes, scalpels and clamps, thread, bandages, etc. Additionally, two lacquered boxes containing more unusual medical equipment and chemicals. He also has three long throwing knives in a small canvas folder, a mechanical watch, and a case for his glasses.

Skills: Very broadly educated, and with more than a bit of seemingly incongruous knowledge, Miles is an ingenious healer and (al)chemist, as well as a competent clark and sharp psychoanalyst. While not a trained or disciplined fighter, he does have some experience, an intimate knowledge of physiology and biomechanics, and a knowledge of dirty tactics that have overcome more than one threat in the past.

Tapewolf

Quote from: A Madman Person Guy on February 23, 2014, 08:21:50 PM
Voila. I give you not one but two characters; a nascent politician and her unlikely aide. Tell me what you think, and if you have any suggestions of changes that I need to make in order to make them fit in better, or to get them into the action faster.

Possessions: A large traveling case filled with clothes, as well as some books, a traveling medical kit with some flasks of common medicines and chemicals, syringes, scalpels and clamps, thread, bandages, etc. Additionally, two lacquered boxes containing more unusual medical equipment and chemicals. He also has three long throwing knives in a small canvas folder, a cell phone, a mechanical watch, and a case for his glasses.

Unless I'm much mistaken, it's 1940s tech in this storyline, so swapping out the phone might be a good idea.

A Madman Person Guy

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 23, 2014, 08:44:00 PMUnless I'm much mistaken, it's 1940s tech in this storyline, so swapping out the phone might be a good idea.

Got lost around Boog's submission. Sorry; mistake amended.

justacritic

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on February 24, 2014, 09:30:03 PM
Eh they're arresting Cubi now?

They're arresting the entire airship.  Given that in DMFA canon the 'cubi race is not exactly loved, Jakob is somewhat concerned that they may be singled out for special treatment of the terminal kind if they are discovered.  But he is also aware that pretending not to be one and then being caught in a lie might be even worse.

Other factors which he is not aware of but which are equally real are that the police are corrupt and liable to plant contrabands, whether this is for direct financial gain in the form of hefty fines or bribes, or whether it's some weird plot to execute a bunch of people and claim any bounties on them is not known (IMHO any sufficiently renown adventurer or Creature is liable to have a price on their heads somewhere).  It is also the case that if the slaves are discovered most of the crew are likely to lose their heads for that unless they can prove they were not part of the ring, which if nothing else is liable to strand the passengers in what doesn't appear to be a very friendly island.

Boog

As per usual, let me know if I missed anyone or anything.

techmaster-glitch

Ah, it figures. JUST as I'm spending a few days to reformat my computer, the RP explodes with more activity than it's had in a while.  :T Hopefully, I should have something up today...

Yugo

A Yugo appears!

Name: Kaela Silverstone

Race: Being

Species: Bengal Tiger

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 180 lbs

Appearance:  Standing at just over six feet tall, stocky, and broad shouldered for a woman, Kaela is a big girl. Now past her prime, her age shows in her face, and her muscular frame is not as toned as it once was. She still wears her hair in the thick, red mohawk of her youth, and her green eyes still burn brightly with energy. Kaela is typically fond of simple, functional clothing, bangles, bracelets, large hoop earrings, and other basic jewelry.
History: Hailing from a deep-jungle clan of people near the eastern mountains, Kaela migrated westwards after the loss of her parents. She has spent almost all of her youth wandering, making a living selling her skills as a mercenary, thief, sailor, and tracker. When she hasn't been fighting or finding a wayward trinket, she's been in a tavern drinking and cavorting, flirting, and not infrequently bedding men and women.
Her hedonistic lifestyle is starting to quickly catch up with her, and Kaela has found her increasing age and the breakdown of her body, especially her knees and back, difficult to deal with. Seeking a relaxing vacation, she booked herself a trip on the Flame of Freedom, unwise to the nature of the ship and its cargo.

Possessions: Kaela favors close fitting shorts, tank tops, halter tops, and sleeveless shirts, which she would have packed with her. On the occasion she has to fight she would wear full battle dress, fine lamellar armor, and a cloak tailored to the color of her environment, but given that this is a cruise she would have none of that. Her mother's kukri is probably in her room but not on her.

On her person she would have:
-Black tanktop
-Short black shorts
-Fine leather sandals
-A gold arm bangle
-Gold hoop earrings
-A coinpurse

-------------------

Name: Milla Nact'Larn von Kassel

Race: Succubus

Clan: Nact'Larn

Species:  Blue Jay

Height:  6'0"

Weight: 145 lbs

Physical Description:  Tall, statuesque, and with curves that draw the eye, Milla is a beautiful blue jay who appears to still be in her mid-20's.  Her white hair is long and curly, and her matching wings and headwings are of peerless silky silver feathers.  She enjoys being easily noticed, and favors cocktail gowns, backless dresses, and other expensive clothing., with expensive jewelry to match.

History: The only daughter of Johann von Kassel, Milla was destined for a life of noble responsibilty before her succubus heritage blossomed forth. Her father was just as surprised to discover his wife was a succubus, but took things well, all things considered. At his wife's behest, Milla was sent off to the Academy, where she not only learned knowledge and how to defend herself, but also how to be a lady. She took up the piano, and found she had a talent for it. Soon, rather than learning to fight or research, Milla had taken up playing the piano as a full-time performer.

She is on board the Flame of Freedom as an invited guest,  paid a handsome sum to play piano in the ship's ballroom. Milla is using the opportunity to find a wealthy patron so she can continue developing her talents without fear for her well-being. Being an honored guest, she has not taken a disguise, and shows her succubus nature freely.

Possessions:  A practice keyboard (in her suite), an array of dresses, jewelry, and other clothing, stationery, several novels, a protective amulet.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

justacritic

Sorry what with a long distance trip and school work I had to catch up at the moment.

Tapewolf

Boog

Sorry folks, had a bit of a busy weekend, should be able to post tonight. Tape, you will, just gimme a bit to figure out a suitably adventure provoking placement thereof.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Boog on March 31, 2014, 11:24:03 AM
Sorry folks, had a bit of a busy weekend, should be able to post tonight. Tape, you will, just gimme a bit to figure out a suitably adventure provoking placement thereof.

Not a problem.  Shax has had a lot more to catch up on, after all..

Aisha deCabre

Just in case anyone old and new is a little confused about the ship's layout, I'll relay that Corgatha has made a short, useable description of it here.

Someday it'll be drawn at some point, but it's good to have a general idea of where we are and wanna go. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

I'm not sure if Jakob knows which vent leads where, but given a choice he'd probably go for the kitchens.